PDA

View Full Version : D Rob on First Take

BillMc
03-13-2018, 08:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdmfaSsAZhM

YGWHI
03-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Agree with DRob, no one can/will fill Tim Duncan's shoes.

UZER
03-13-2018, 09:02 AM
Damn, David is a straight up hood.

YGWHI
03-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Stephen A Smith question wasn't that bad. Even when David denied it and talked just about type of personalities, I guess there are something about RC/Pop and the new generations.

For many reasons I think that Kerr is closer to his players and their interests than Pop.

Last season, David Lee talked about how different were off-court things in GS.

We all know that Pop has always been more structured, I doubt that's the best thing in today NBA and new players.

MaNu4Tres
03-13-2018, 09:05 AM
Without David, the Spurs are not in San Antonio.

Most underrated and underappreciated star player to ever play in the NBA. Prime David was a top 15 player to ever play the game. It's a shame Red McCombs penny pinched for the talent around him.

JFK
03-13-2018, 09:40 AM

Most underrated and underappreciated star player to ever play in the NBA. Prime David was a top 15 player to ever play the game. It's a shame Red McCombs penny pinched for the talent around him.

Absolutely. Without David, the Spurs are in Virginia or New Orleans or wherever they could have moved to in the late 80s.

Red McCombs was a shitty owner. I hope this team doesn't go to someone like that in the future.

However, now with Kawhi, the Spurs are not penny-pinching but giving shit deals to bums like Mills and building teams that were just as horrible as some that David played with.

tmtcsc
03-13-2018, 09:54 AM
I appreciate David Robinson and agree that if not for him, San Antonio may have relocated. He's a terrible interview though. He doesn't give you anything in terms of good information or a solid opinion. Even though he's got ownership in the team, he's no longer very connected with the coaches or players. The whole "golly gee" persona is absolutely real. That's him. I heard an interview with him yesterday on NBA satellite channel & it was worthless. Great human being though, which is all that really matters.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Salute to Stephen A the GOAT, tbh, he's correct about the Spurs "culture"..this is their first taste of the real NBA, not the utopia that Duncan/Ginobili created..

Coaches like Pop, Carlisle and Thibodeau are going the Phil Jackson route, the game is passing them by, it happens to everybody..these old habits and coaching methods need to be altered for the the current generation of players..

rjv
03-13-2018, 10:05 AM
doesn't ESPN know that if they really want to know what is going on with the spurs they need to interview an ST poster?

spursistan
03-13-2018, 10:11 AM
Salute to Stephen A the GOAT, tbh, he's correct about the Spurs "culture"..this is their first taste of the real NBA, not the utopia that Duncan/Ginobili created..

Coaches like Pop, Carlisle and Thibodeau are going the Phil Jackson route, the game is passing them by, it happens to everybody..these old habits and coaching methods need to be altered for the the current generation of players..

Gotta give credit to Jerry Sloan, tbh..He got coach-killed by D-Will and never attempted to embarrass himself again fully knowing this a whole new different league..Definitely not for him..

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Gotta give credit to Jerry Sloan, tbh..He got coach-killed by D-Will and never attempted to embarrass himself again fully knowing this a whole new different league..Definitely not for him..

True..I can't even shit on Phil Jackson for returning in a front office role though, why would anybody pass up that kind of money for a job they aren't qualified for?:lol

SAGirl
03-13-2018, 11:27 AM
That was a good interview.
Thanks Bill

sasaint
03-13-2018, 11:43 AM
For some reason I was seeing images of Tim waiting on every other Spur to head to the locker after a game, giving each one a fanny pat and lastly putting his big mit on top of Ayres' head to give it a little shake as if he were the #2 guy on the team...

BillMc
03-13-2018, 12:09 PM
doesn't ESPN know that if they really want to know what is going on with the spurs they need to interview an ST poster?

:lol

That was a good interview.
Thanks Bill
:bobo

SpurPadre
03-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Stephen A Smith question wasn't that bad. Even when David denied it and talked just about type of personalities, I guess there are something about RC/Pop and the new generations.

For many reasons I think that Kerr is closer to his players and their interests than Pop.

Last season, David Lee talked about how different were off-court things in GS.

We all know that Pop has always been more structured, I doubt that's the best thing in today NBA and new players.

Yeah, nothing says structure like allowing your PG to fuck a teammate's wife and not get reprimanded...

Play Boban
03-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Yeah, nothing says structure like allowing your PG to fuck a teammate's wife and not get reprimanded...

Nathan89
03-13-2018, 05:39 PM

We have the best sources. :lol

SpurPadre
03-13-2018, 05:44 PM
We have the best sources. :lol

Who's that fuck that said we were getting Gasol a year earlier than we actually did? His sources are on point lol.

Nathan89
03-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Who's that fuck that said we were getting Gasol a year earlier than we actually did? His sources are on point lol.

TSpence. Legend tbh

SuperCam
03-13-2018, 06:03 PM
"one of pop's best coaching jobs"

Admiral getting advice from redditbies :lmao

daslicer
03-13-2018, 06:12 PM
Drob answered a lot of these questions like a politician. He didn't give direct answer for most of these questions. I do suspect he knows what's going on with Kawhi but is not going to be direct about it.

tmtcsc
03-13-2018, 06:30 PM
Drob answered a lot of these questions like a politician. He didn't give direct answer for most of these questions. I do suspect he knows what's going on with Kawhi but is not going to be direct about it.

DROB's answers are a bunch of white noise. There's no substance or insight in what he says. Plain vanilla.

baseline bum
03-13-2018, 07:08 PM

God damn if that tomato faced faggot McCombs didn't kill the Spurs chances to trade for Barkley in 1992. In hindsight I'd obviously rather have had Duncan, but god could you imagine a starting lineup of

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott
Charles Barkley
David Robinson.

Instead no Barkley, no Strickland, and that faggot completely wasted Robinson's prime. On top of that McCombs almost traded David for Ewing to get out of paying him too.

baseline bum
03-13-2018, 07:09 PM
DROB's answers are a bunch of white noise. There's no substance or insight in what he says. Plain vanilla.

He's a part owner of the team, of course he's being evasive so as to not kill off ticket sales for the rest of the season.

daslicer
03-13-2018, 07:11 PM

Pretty much what I said he's answering questions like a politician.

lefty
03-13-2018, 08:43 PM
God damn if that tomato faced faggot McCombs didn't kill the Spurs chances to trade for Barkley in 1992. In hindsight I'd obviously rather have had Duncan, but god could you imagine a starting lineup of

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott
Charles Barkley
David Robinson.

Instead no Barkley, no Strickland, and that faggot completely wasted Robinson's prime. On top of that McCombs almost traded David for Ewing to get out of paying him too.

Strickland was good

Silver&Black Warrior
03-13-2018, 11:59 PM

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott
Charles Barkley
David Robinson.

When was David almost traded for Ewing???!!! Never heard about this!!! :wow:wow:wow

Budkin
03-14-2018, 01:46 AM

Holy shit how hilarious would that be!

YGWHI
03-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Or that means all Pop's structure doesn't prevent PGs f*cking teammates' wives, PFs asking for their touches...

Pop won't change but the whole game has changed.

Gagnrath
03-14-2018, 12:43 PM

I disagree I think that Jackson and to a lesser extent Parker both brought with and bought into the posse lifestyle and mentality but both of them were more easily tempered by Tim being around. I just think that this is a case of an "agent" in kawhi's uncle who doesn't know how to actually do the role and the media not getting solid answers from anyone.

SpursforSix
03-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott
Charles Barkley
David Robinson.

Strickland was good

Word. Prime Strickland was one of the best passers of his time (except for that one pass) and could get to the rim almost as frequently as Parker.

BillMc
03-15-2018, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwGMqGnawQ

BillMc
03-17-2018, 06:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUuEskj9BU