PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Are witnessing their downfall?

Thebesteva
03-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Been saying for years once Duncan retires the franchise will face the same shit most franchises do but spur fans always felt immune from this natural balance in the NBA. They kept saying with kiwi and pop anything is possible but clearly that is not the case.

Will they even make the playoffs this season? I doubt Kiwi even returns next season

Fabbs
03-13-2018, 06:00 PM
If Kawhi does not come back they are done for this season. (real reach I know :lol )
Related to this, if Kawhi does not come back I see the chances of him bailing to be high. Anything short of LeBron shocking and saying he wants to join the Spurs for one year (Kawhis final year on contract 2018-19) and they are done as far as Championship contending, yes.

Then ya, they are done.

It was not Timmy Duncs retiring. At least it didn't have to be.
It was Lord Poppycock showing his true colors by....
The signing of Patty and Gasol was the beginning of the end.

If Kawhi does sign a new contract with the Spurs, sure you could string him together with some talent given the limited cap space. But unless it's LeBron it's just gonna be more Marty Popenheimer type seasons. (50-60 wins then playoff ouster).

BD24
03-13-2018, 06:19 PM
So a squad lost their best player who also happens to be a top 5 player in the league and they might miss the playoffs...shocking.

Who could of saw that one coming. Nothing gets by Lakerfan.

Killakobe81
03-13-2018, 06:47 PM
So a squad lost their best player who also happens to be a top 5 player in the league and they might miss the playoffs...shocking.

Who could of saw that one coming. Nothing gets by Lakerfan.

fair point ...however ...lakers been missing Ingram and or Lonzo for stretches especially since the break and Lakers have been playing better than the Spurs including a road win in SA.
Spurs still the better team and still in better shape because they have the more proven coach, FO and most importantly a legit star and until we steal one or develop one it will stay that way ...

Killakobe81
03-13-2018, 06:53 PM
but a 10th place thread is genius ...even Cully came back from the poly forum to post ...fine work by the OP ...

koriwhat
03-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Been saying for years once Duncan retires the franchise will face the same shit most franchises do but spur fans always felt immune from this natural balance in the NBA. They kept saying with kiwi and pop anything is possible but clearly that is not the case.

Will they even make the playoffs this season? I doubt Kiwi even returns next season

you should just be concerned with whether or not the fakers make the PO's which we all know they aren't going to. mic drop

Chris
03-13-2018, 07:02 PM
30 minutes until game time and no game thread upstairs. Fans are tapping out already.

Killakobe81
03-13-2018, 07:06 PM
30 minutes until game time and no game thread upstairs. Fans are tapping out already.

welcome back old friend ...
a sight to behold indeed ...
Also saw upstairs a cat not renewing season tix cuz of Pops disrespect to your commander in chief ...

Chris
03-13-2018, 07:11 PM
welcome back old friend ...
a sight to behold indeed ...
Also saw upstairs a cat not renewing season tix cuz of Pops disrespect to your commander in chief ...

Pop should have known not to get involved with the muck and mire of politics. You alienate half of your base no matter what you do. He had to virtue signal for his Liberal buddies (guessing wife as well). At least we can sit back and laugh at Mark Cuban although I doubt he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

Thebesteva
03-13-2018, 07:12 PM
you should just be concerned with whether or not the fakers make the PO's which we all know they aren't going to. mic drop

Unfortunately everything clicked after the all star break so I don't Gino so. However, I don't think any team other than warriors or rockets want any part of this young team with nothing to lose.
My concern is they resign all the guys and somehow in hell land Paul George. My hopes are not too high yet but I love what I saw in the second half of the season

Thebesteva
03-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Pop should have known not to get involved with the muck and mire of politics. You alienate half of your base no matter what you do. He had to virtue signal for his Liberal buddies (guessing wife as well). At least we can sit back and laugh at Mark Cuban although I doubt he gets more than a slap on the wrist.

i don't think Pop is virtue signaling. He talks purely like an uninformed and idealistic liberal. He would fit perfectly I. This shithole liberal state I live in. lol sanctuary state

BD24
03-13-2018, 07:20 PM
fair point ...however ...lakers been missing Ingram and or Lonzo for stretches especially since the break and Lakers have been playing better than the Spurs including a road win in SA.
Spurs still the better team and still in better shape because they have the more proven coach, FO and most importantly a legit star and until we steal one or develop one it will stay that way ...
You guys have been picking in the lottery and rebuilding for what? 4 years now? I would hope you had the better young core.

I am still not sold on Lonzo. I actually was at the Spurs/Lakers game with brother in law(Laker fan) and sister, Lonzo just didn't impress me. It didn't feel like he had a lot of impact on the game until he hit those big shots down the stretch. The fact that he isn't impactful unless he is knocking down shots doesn't bode well considering he isnt a good shooter. He is never going to be able to consistently knock down shots like that because of that broken ass form.

I have been super impressed by Ingram though, think he can be a legit 2 on a contender. Randle looks pretty decent, can be a nice role player or maybe even a low end starter. Will be interesting who the Lakers decide to keep and who they decide to get rid of this summer. A lot of young pieces to make decisions on.

baseline bum
03-13-2018, 08:35 PM

Coach and team tapped out leading up to the allstar break, not sure why more should be expected of the fans tbh.

baseline bum
03-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately everything clicked after the all star break so I don't Gino so. However, I don't think any team other than warriors or rockets want any part of this young team with nothing to lose.
My concern is they resign all the guys and somehow in hell land Paul George. My hopes are not too high yet but I love what I saw in the second half of the season

What, you want them to bring Thomas back or some shit? Randle isn't going to be too big a cap hit even if they give him an extension starting next season since he's on a rookie contract. I think his cap hit will be something like 150% to 200% of the salary he's making this year, so around $6 million to $8 million. Or you want Lopez or Caldwell-Pope back? I wouldn't bother with Thomas, Lopez, or Caldwell-Pope with all the young talent LA has that's going to have to be paid in the next 2-3 years. I'd take PG13 and another max free agent in a second over those three.

Chris
03-13-2018, 08:48 PM
i don't think Pop is virtue signaling. He talks purely like an uninformed and idealistic liberal. He would fit perfectly I. This shithole liberal state I live in. lol sanctuary state

I agree, Pop is certainly uninformed. His is too proud to admit that though, and it has clouded his judgment. Funny he won't talk to the Media unless it's to bash Trump or Conservatives.

03-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Spurs about to end up picking higher than the Mavs tbh, thanks Cuban!

Chris
03-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Coach and team tapped out leading up to the allstar break, not sure why more should be expected of the fans tbh.

Do you think Pop's "minutes" thingy is allowing for complacency and lack of motivation for the team? If you are a veteran like Pau Gasol, it's a perfect retirement home scenario. For younger players, it must seems like being on chains with no reward for good behavior. Pop's philosophy has become detrimental to the team imo.

Fabbs
03-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Do you think Pop's "minutes" thingy is allowing for complacency and lack of motivation for the team? If you are a veteran like Pau Gasol, it's a perfect retirement home scenario. For younger players, it must seems like being on chains with no reward for good behavior. Pop's philosophy has become detrimental to the team imo.
Related, and perhaps we can start a thread on it is....are Free Agents interested in coming to the Spurs in 2018?
My guess is the old *polls* that showed CIA Pop as the most desired coach are freaking bullshit amongst players truly seeking a Championship. Fleecers like Pau as you mentioned must love taking the handout.

Gummi Clutch
03-13-2018, 09:41 PM
stfu. You're such a whiny bitch.

daslicer
03-13-2018, 09:43 PM

I have never understood why conservatives who love conservatism live in California. I'm not a conservative but I have lived in the south now for the majority of my life. I live in NC which is now a purple state but the only advantage I have ever seen living in a red state is that cost of living is cheap but outside of that everything else tends to suck ass. You have a bunch backwards religious nutcases just about everywhere along with a bunch of racists down here.

DMC
03-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Now the regular season matters I guess. So much for the playoffs switch.

One team wins every year. Everyone else drops off.

DAF86
03-13-2018, 10:28 PM

How is that not the case when the only reason the Spurs are in this position is the lack of Kawhi? :lol

ElNono
03-13-2018, 10:53 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

Everything is fine.

Killakobe81
03-14-2018, 12:09 AM
You guys have been picking in the lottery and rebuilding for what? 4 years now? I would hope you had the better young core.

I am still not sold on Lonzo. I actually was at the Spurs/Lakers game with brother in law(Laker fan) and sister, Lonzo just didn't impress me. It didn't feel like he had a lot of impact on the game until he hit those big shots down the stretch. The fact that he isn't impactful unless he is knocking down shots doesn't bode well considering he isnt a good shooter. He is never going to be able to consistently knock down shots like that because of that broken ass form.

I have been super impressed by Ingram though, think he can be a legit 2 on a contender. Randle looks pretty decent, can be a nice role player or maybe even a low end starter. Will be interesting who the Lakers decide to keep and who they decide to get rid of this summer. A lot of young pieces to make decisions on.

Fair asessment but i think zo will be fine ...
Ingram played even worse at times last year ..
my biggest concern is Fts ...if you cant trust your PG to make Fts ...then you cant trust your PG ...

midnightpulp
03-14-2018, 12:30 AM
Murray will be a fine player and has looked better than Longo over the last month. Murray and Kawhi will be a solid foundation moving forward. Biggest hole to fill is at the SG position.

Brunodf
03-14-2018, 01:30 AM
Looks like it... But i would love to see they make it as 7th or 8th seed to knock out Houston or Golden State like they did to the Mavs a few years ago :lmao

LkrFan
03-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Now the regular season matters I guess. So much for the playoffs switch.

One team wins every year. Everyone else drops off.

Don't even try it son. I read here many times whereas you farmers bragged on 50+ regular season wins. Now you saying it don't matter? Newsflash: without the requisite amount of RS wins, there are no playoff opportunities. -20 points for posting this bullshit son. Go sit in the corner on your fatass fangers for 10 minutes for this shit post :lol

Killakobe81
03-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Murray will be a fine player and has looked better than Longo over the last month. Murray and Kawhi will be a solid foundation moving forward. Biggest hole to fill is at the SG position.

at tines Murray has and at times Lonzo has looked better ...ball is younger and played far less games ...both are young and need to improve ...

Fabbs
03-14-2018, 10:28 AM
at tines Murray has and at times Lonzo has looked better ...ball is younger and played far less games ...both are young and need to improve ...
Very reasonable take.
I think you are the only non troll Laker profile?
The rest are MultiModerator and ?

ambchang
03-14-2018, 11:24 AM
Yeah duncan is a great player so this much we know.

But kawhis been missing almost all year and he entire offensive system is built around him.

The spurs don’t have decent shooters anymore.

Pop is struggling with the pickup ball era with his micromanagement.

Spurs will be stuck in mediocrity for a few years then fade into oblivion though. Small market issues.

StrengthAndHonor
03-14-2018, 11:34 AM
Small market myth has been debunked for years. See NY, LA. Players prioritize winning culture and a solid front office over markets these days.

Chucho
03-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Only ****-busted Laker fans think this is a "downfall". I fully understand they are the experts on what a downfall looks like as they continue to heal after the Kobe Pillaging of the Franchise.

But the difference is this is just a "down year". HUGE difference. The best two-way player was out 95% of the season, the team battled numerous injuries and the Coach decided to do stupid things.

The bright spots: The Number 2 who was almost on the outs last year had a HUGE comeback season and will be the best he's been since joining the best two-way player in the league. People will be healthy next year and some of the bench players got better.

The Spurs will be a top 4 team in the West, again, next season. Easily. The Lakers will be very fortunate to crack the playoffs and finally be coming off what a real downfall is.

SpursforSix
03-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Been saying for years once Duncan retires the franchise will face the same shit most franchises do but spur fans always felt immune from this natural balance in the NBA. They kept saying with kiwi and pop anything is possible
but clearly that is not the case.

What the fuck are your talking about.

With Kawhi, they were in the Western Conference Finals and up by 20+ in Game 1 vs. the defending champions.

ambchang
03-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Small market myth has been debunked for years. See NY, LA. Players prioritize winning culture and a solid front office over markets these days.

Just because my and la stunk up the joint. They’d be much worse without being in a big market.

DAF86
03-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Yeah duncan is a great player so this much we know.

But kawhis been missing almost all year and he entire offensive system is built around him.

The spurs don’t have decent shooters anymore.

Pop is struggling with the pickup ball era with his micromanagement.

Spurs will be stuck in mediocrity for a few years then fade into oblivion though. Small market issues.

Maybe in about 10 years when Kawhi retires, tbh.

DMC
03-14-2018, 01:44 PM
Don't even try it son. I read here many times whereas you farmers bragged on 50+ regular season wins. Now you saying it don't matter? Newsflash: without the requisite amount of RS wins, there are no playoff opportunities. -20 points for posting this bullshit son. Go sit in the corner on your fatass fangers for 10 minutes for this shit post :lol

Ergo you read Lakers fan (aka post Pau faggots) retort that regular season doesn't matter.

Case closed. Nolo contendre (you're probably well versed in that)

LkrFan
03-14-2018, 01:57 PM
^ :lol

koriwhat
03-14-2018, 03:24 PM

don't get me wrong, i don't hate the lakers and their youth movement is good. paul george though will never put them over the hump so why waste young talent for a 2nd tier star?

Killakobe81
03-14-2018, 04:31 PM
don't get me wrong, i don't hate the lakers and their youth movement is good. paul george though will never put them over the hump so why waste young talent for a 2nd tier star?

i like dont love PG13 agree he a #2

StrengthAndHonor
03-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Because they still have to use their cap. It’s either Paul George or re-sign 1 or 2 of their own FA players (Brook Lopez, KCP and IT). There are no realistic 1st tier FA that can turn them into instant contenders next year.

Killakobe81
03-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Because they still have to use their cap. It’s either Paul George or re-sign 1 or 2 of their own FA players (Brook Lopez, KCP and IT). There are no realistic 1st tier FA that can turn them into instant contenders next year.

exactly. if bron aint coming (he's not) PG would only make them a playoff team, not contenders ...

Fabbs
03-15-2018, 11:49 AM
exactly. if bron aint coming (he's not) PG would only make them a playoff team, not contenders ...
Why don't you think LeBron would want to become an LA Flamer?
I mean I don't think he is going to the Lakers either, but rather why do you think not?

I'm sure they would offer him a ton. I think it's entirely possible.

koriwhat
03-15-2018, 05:04 PM

if that's what it boils down to then yes i am in agreement that PG is a better option than those 3 for sure. i do like PG but i think after his injury he fell to the 2nd tier but is still very serviceable.