PDA

View Full Version : “horrified and embarrassed”

RandomGuy
03-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Greene Democrat files paperwork to run against Sabattus candidate who insulted Florida teens

One of two Florida teens criticized by a Sabattus politician issued a blunt call Wednesday for someone to make sure Republican Leslie Gibson faces an opponent in this year’s state House race.

David Hogg, a senior at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, called for “friends in Maine” to take him on.

“Who wants to run against this hate-loving politician?” Hogg asked. “I don’t care what party. JUST DO IT.”

It appears that somebody plans to do just that.

Democrat Eryn Gilchrist of Greene filed the required paperwork Thursday to run in the 57th District, eliminating the possibility that Gibson could win the seat uncontested,

She said never anticipated running for office but felt so “horrified and embarrassed” at the thought of Gibson representing her that she decided to jump into the fray.

“I would really have been happy to partake in representative democracy by voting,” Gilchrist said.

Gilchrist, 28, a Connecticut native who works for a medical device company based in Bowdoin, is a 2013 graduate of Bates College.

Gibson landed in the national spotlight after a Sun Journal story called attention to the retired Navy veteran’s harsh words for Hogg and classmate Emma Gonzalez, both of whom were at school a month ago when a gunman mowed down 17 people.

Hogg, a student journalist, used a cell phone during the Valentine’s Day shooting to document what it was like for his peers trapped in a classroom that day.

Hogg drew Gibson’s wrath for denouncing a National Rifle Association spokeswoman, Dana Loesch, and claiming she worked with gun manufacturers to control Congress.

“She owns these congressmen. She can get them to do things,” Hogg told the network, adding “she doesn’t care about these children’s lives.”

Gibson quickly took to to Twitter to call Hogg “a bald faced liar” and a moron.
“There is nothing about this skinhead lesbian that impresses me and there is nothing that she has to say unless you’re frothing at the mouth moonbat,” Gibson wrote.

In another tweet, he said she shouldn’t be called a survivor of the shooting because she was “in a completely different part of the school” at the time.

Gibson, who has declined comment, later issued an apology to Gonzalez.

“Emma, my name is Les Gibson from Maine. I would like to extend to you my most sincere apology for how I addressed you,” Gibson wrote. “It was wrong and unacceptable.”

He noted she is “doing work that is important to you” and added, “I would like to extend my hand in friendship and understanding to you.”

She has not yet responded to him.

The Maine Republican Party has not said anything about Gibson, but Democrats have denounced him and blasted the GOP for its silence.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/15/florida-teen-leader-denounces-leslie-gibson-as-a-hate-loving-politician/

---------------------------------------------------------------

Horrified and embarrassed indeed.

koriwhat
03-15-2018, 06:00 PM
david hogg lmao!

TSA
03-15-2018, 08:35 PM
“horrified and embarrassed”, said every forum member watching the RandomGuy election night meltdown

rmt
03-15-2018, 09:02 PM
“horrified and embarrassed”, said every forum member watching the RandomGuy election night meltdown

Pretty amazing period: Trump unlikely elected POTUS, Federer winning the Australian Open after 6 months off and great Super Bowl game finish.