PDA

View Full Version : Mattis company commits fraud

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 10:09 AM
"Secretary of Defense James Mattis is implicated in one of the largest business scandals of the past decades, described by the Securities and Exchange Commission as an “elaborate, years-long fraud” through which Theranos, led by CEO Elizabeth Holmes and president Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani, “exaggerated or made false statements about the company’s technology, business, and financial performance.”

Basically, their biotech startup was founded on the promise of faster, cheaper, painless blood tests. But their technology was fake.

Mattis not only served on Theranos’s board during some of the years it was perpetrating the fraud after he retired from US military service, but he earlier served as a key advocate of putting the company’s technology (technology that was, to be clear, fake) to use inside the military while he was still serving as a general."

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/16/17124288/mattis-theranos-board-trump

johnsmith
03-16-2018, 10:12 AM
You think Mattis knew it was a fraud?

TSA
03-16-2018, 10:24 AM

Holmes hoodwinked quite a few people. Obama named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship and the Clinton campaign had her host fundraisers.

johnsmith
03-16-2018, 10:29 AM
Holmes hoodwinked quite a few people. Obama named her a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship and the Clinton campaign had her host fundraisers.

Agreed

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 10:31 AM

He was sitting on the board. It was literally his job to know better.

That said, I doubt it.

The big takeaway is that it reflects very poorly on his judgment. Something TSA will gloss over in his rush to whitewash anything having to do with Trump.

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Obama Clinton

Dance, marionetka.

TSA
03-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Dance, marionetka.

You only like to tell half the story, I fill in the rest of the details for those who want the whole story.

CosmicCowboy
03-16-2018, 10:35 AM
He was sitting on the board. It was literally his job to know better.

That said, I doubt it.

The big takeaway is that it reflects very poorly on his judgment. Something TSA will gloss over in his rush to whitewash anything having to do with Trump.
Board members are 100% vulnerable to misinformation from executives. You are reaching on this one, BouGuy.

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Board members are 100% vulnerable to misinformation from executives. You are reaching on this one, BouGuy.

They are, vulnerable to what management tells them indeed, BUT it is their job though to provide oversight, PERIOD. That is why you have a board of directors, to represent shareholders and hold management accountable.

When I evaluate board members in my risk assessments, I pay very close attention to what/how they talk about what they do. If they don't know their shit, that ups the risk profile for the business.

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 10:47 AM

Quit trying to make excuses for "R"s, you're smarter than that.

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 12:01 PM
thread about mattis. your first post goes directly to clinton

*ding*

RandomGuy
03-16-2018, 12:28 PM
:cry why isn't everything about Clinton? :cry

https://i.imgur.com/xpb7lv1.gif

CosmicCowboy
03-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Quit trying to make excuses for "R"s, you're smarter than that.
Seriously? You twist that Mattis was on the board (along with Henry kissinger and many other washington heavy weights) into "Mattis company commits fraud" as your title and accuse ME of being partisan? Wouldnt you call me out if I started a thread " Ex Democrat Senator Sam Nunn conpany commits fraud?

Pavlov
03-16-2018, 01:29 PM
Obama Clintonhttps://www.interez.sk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/64ed65c3-d441-422a-9411-5efa8f6246f6.gif

TSA
03-16-2018, 01:30 PM
Seriously? You twist that Mattis was on the board (along with Henry kissinger and many other washington heavy weights) into "Mattis company commits fraud" as your title and accuse ME of being partisan? Wouldnt you call me out if I started a thread " Ex Democrat Senator Sam Nunn conpany commits fraud?

He's been on a roll this week. This thread is no different than his "Trump aide-serious financial crimes" where the aid gambled.

TeyshaBlue
03-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Eh, its what Vox told him to think.

johnsmith
03-16-2018, 06:04 PM

That’s pretty god damn funny right there. Well done CC.

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 06:08 PM
nice to see him deviate from wonkette once in a while

johnsmith
03-16-2018, 06:11 PM

What the hell happened to this forum since I’ve been gone? I mean, Boutons is still an idiot and can’t think for himself and posts more than any human being should post on an Internet forum based on the Spurs....but everyone else has changed. RG never used to be this angry.

johnsmith
03-16-2018, 06:12 PM

For what it’s worth I still think you’re the most rationale poster on here outside of Teysha.

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 06:33 PM
What the hell happened to this forum since I’ve been gone? I mean, Boutons is still an idiot and can’t think for himself and posts more than any human being should post on an Internet forum based on the Spurs....but everyone else has changed. RG never used to be this angry.

yeah he's gone off the rails since the election tbh... melted down hard at one point and started spamming melania modeling pics

For what it’s worth I still think you’re the most rationale poster on here outside of Teysha.
<3

FuzzyLumpkins
03-16-2018, 06:54 PM

You going to start taking all the Fox News, dailycaller, etc posts to task too or you just want to look mindlessly biased?

TeyshaBlue
03-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Nah. They get plenty of flack without me. I have hope that RG will wake the fuck up.