PDA

View Full Version : Shooting At Maryland High School Stopped By Armed School Resource Officer

Chris
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
At Great Mills High School in Maryland, a school shooting took place on Tuesday morning prior to the school day officially starting.

According to The Associated Press, three have been hurt, with one being the shooter. The shooter was killed following the attack.

BREAKING: Sheriff's spokeswoman says 3 hurt, including shooter, at Maryland high school shooting.

— The Associated Press (@AP) March 20, 2018

BREAKING: Sheriff confirms student shooter is dead after attack inside Maryland high school.

BREAKING: Sheriff: Resource officer fired at Maryland high school shooter who was fatally shot.

The shooter was reportedly stopped by an armed school resource officer after the shooter fired at a female while also hitting another student.

St. Mary Co. Sheriff Tim Cameron on shooting at Great Mills HS: shooting happened in hallway; shooter, a student, fired at a female student, another was student hit. Armed school resource ofc, a deputy, exchanged shots w/ shooter; shooter & female student in critical condition

— Peggy Fox (@PeggyTV) March 20, 2018

The latest reports say the St. Mary’s Sheriff has provided updates on the shooting, according the Mallory Sofastaii of WMAR, “Shooter wounded female & male student just before classes started. Shooter died, possibly injured by School Resource Officer. Both students being treated at the hospital. More detailed press conference at 1pm.”

.@firstsheriff providing update on shooting at Great Mills High School. Shooter wounded female & male student just before classes started. Shooter died, possibly injured by School Resource Officer. Both students being treated at the hospital. More detailed press conference at 1pm

— Mallory Sofastaii WMAR (@MalloryABC2) March 20, 2018

This story is developing… More details will be available as we learn more.

In the aftermath of the Parkland, Florida shooting, calls for stricter gun control have been taking place across the country. However, for some places that means removing full-time police from schools.

The New York Post reports:

The last NYPD cops assigned full-time to New York City public schools are being moved out — despite nationwide calls for heightened security in the wake of last month’s Florida shootings.

“My colleagues think it’s outrageous — and really stupid,” teacher Arthur Goldstein said. “We’re not enthusiastic about arming teachers, but we liked having a cop around.”

Espinet’s position was eliminated because cops in Mayor de Blasio’s new community policing units will visit schools while patrolling the neighborhood, according to the NYPD. School safety agents are stationed at all schools, but are not armed.

On Twitter, people have been shredding the calls to disarm schools and the selective reporting.

This mornings school shooting ended quickly with few casualties because an armed guard quickly stopped the shooter. If you’re watching MSNBC/CNN you may not hear that part of the story. #FakeNewsCNN

— MARK SIMONE (@MarkSimoneNY) March 20, 2018

So in the Mills High School Shooting in Maryland, the Armed School Resource Officer shot and wounded the shooter…

No children were killed as a result…

Shocking how that happens. 樂

— CHIZ  (@CHIZMAGA) March 20, 2018

An armed resource officer engaged a school shooter today and stopped the shooting after only two injuries. This is why we need armed guards in every school in America.

— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) March 20, 2018

An armed school resource officer reportedly stopped the shooting at a High School in Maryland today.

Didn’t the left say arming people inside schools was pointless and ineffective???

Imagine if that shooter had 5 more minutes in crowded hallways before police arrived.

— Jack Murphy (@RealJack) March 20, 2018

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/breaking-shooting-at-maryland-high-school-stopped-by-armed-school-resource-officer/

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Straw thread.

spurraider21
03-20-2018, 01:28 PM
who here has really stood against having armed security? that's a good thing. arming teachers is lol-worthy.

how about preventative measures instead of purely responsive ones, though? how easily are kids getting guns and getting them into schools?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 01:36 PM
"Other adults are incapable of learning how to utilize a gun. One must be in the field of armed security."

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Leave professional security to professional security officers.

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Gun training isn't very difficult.

Chris
03-20-2018, 01:40 PM
"Other adults are incapable of learning how to utilize a gun. One must be in the field of armed security."

Because arming teachers is "lol-worthy".

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:42 PM
Gun training isn't very difficult.Where do the teachers keep their loaded weapons at all times?

Reck
03-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Because arming teachers is "lol-worthy".

It's retarded and beyond laughable.

Chris
03-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Where do the teachers keep their loaded weapons at all times?

Inside a safe in another house.

Chris
03-20-2018, 01:46 PM
It's retarded and beyond laughable.

Care to expound or is this an emoji thing?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Where do the teachers keep their loaded weapons at all times?

A holster just like the armed security. Holsters with finger print technology would make this even better. Or a safe with finger print tech. It's easier to get a gun elsewhere than try to break a safe.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Inside a safe in another house.So they won't be at the school?

OK.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:49 PM
A holster just like the armed security. Holsters with finger print technology would make this even better. Or a safe with finger print tech. It's easier to get a gun elsewhere than try to break a safe.So teachers are going to open carry in school.

:lmao

Nathan89

That's just the narrative he's been caught up in tbh.

Chris
So they won't be at the school?

OK.

That's where you keep your guns, I figured it would be copacetic.

SpursforSix
A holster just like the armed security. Holsters with finger print technology would make this even better. Or a safe with finger print tech. It's easier to get a gun elsewhere than try to break a safe.

I don't know. I can see people getting killed and having their fingers cut off for a criminal to access their guns.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:50 PM
That's where you keep your guns, I figured it would be copacetic.If you want teachers to keep their guns out of the school, why are you posting in this thread?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 01:50 PM
So teachers are going to open carry in school.

:lmao

That's exactly what guards do. Plus that was one of many options I listed.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:51 PM
That's exactly what guards do.Yeah, they're guards. That's their job.

Reck
03-20-2018, 01:51 PM

It's simple. They are teachers, not sharp shooters.

I'm sure if they wanted to have a career in law enforcement, they'd be on it.

Besides the fact that it's just a shit idea overall, it's also not a guarantee that they'd be succesful in stopping the shooter.

:lol shootout and cross fire on a packed place with hundreds of people. Umm what could go wrong?

Chris
03-20-2018, 01:52 PM
If you want teachers to keep their guns out of the school, why are you posting in this thread?

This thread is about an armed resource officer though. Why are you always trying to set the rules when you don't even know the definitions?

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:53 PM
This thread is about an armed resource officer though.No one is opposed to those, so what are you talking about?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Yeah, they're guards. That's their job.

Yes, they are not superhuman though.

boutons_deux
03-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Leave professional security to professional security officers.

most of which are old, fat, and about the same physical fitness as a Walmart greeter

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Yes, they are not superhuman though.It is their job though.

It is not the teachers' job.

Pavlov
most of which are old, fat, and about the same physical fitness as a Walmart greeterStill a better choice than a teacher tbh.

Chucho
most of which are old, fat, and about the same physical fitness as myself.
Truf.

Chris

So because they are not Kyle Grifiin, they have no right to defend themselves.

Kyle Griffin or cop is the parameter for defending yourself.

Besides the fact that it's just a shit idea overall, it's also not a guarantee that they'd be succesful in stopping the shooter.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. At least with my idea they have a shooter's chance. Under your plan they are fucked.

:lol shootout and cross fire on a packed place with hundreds of people. Umm what could go wrong?

That's a big classroom you are envisioning. :lol

Spurminator
03-20-2018, 01:58 PM
"Shooting at Maryland High School" being the most important part of this story, gun nuts can't wait to point out an aspect that bolsters an argument no one ever denied.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 01:58 PM
That's a big classroom you are envisioning. :lolSchool cafeterias could easily have that many.

Have you ever been to a school, Chris?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 02:00 PM

All teachers wouldn't have to be armed and trained. It's a voluntary type thing. It's not difficult train someone to shoot and they don't get to carry on campus unless they are accurate. That goes without saying.

It's voluntary. It's also something that will like never occur in their career. They would still be teachers.

Nobody is saying it's a guarantee.

If they are armed and trained then there isn't a significant difference in having them confront the shooter than the guy that did today.

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 02:01 PM
It is their job though.

It is not the teachers' job.

That's why it would be voluntary role for teachers and not mandatory.

Reck
03-20-2018, 02:02 PM
So because they are not Kyle Grifiin, they have no right to defend themselves.

Kyle Griffin or cop is the parameter for defending yourself.

Nothing in life is guaranteed. At least with my idea they have a shooter's chance. Under your plan they are fucked.

That's a big classroom you are envisioning. :lol

Why are you bringing Kyle Griffin into this? Odd.

Perhaps address my legit points instead of stalling for cover from someone else.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 02:03 PM
That's why it would be voluntary role for teachers and not mandatory.Why not just let the professional security officers do their job and let the teachers do theirs?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 02:04 PM
Shooting across a cafeteria or at ridiculous distances with many people around could probably be part of the training. I mean certainly you do not want take a shot like that.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Shooting across a cafeteria or at ridiculous distances with many people around could probably be part of the training. I mean certainly you do not want take a shot like that.So you couldn't defend students in a crowded cafeteria?

That's pretty useless tbh.

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 02:07 PM
So you couldn't defend students in a crowded cafeteria?

Unless you are close enough to take a shot then that goes without saying. You can't shoot across a crowed room like a lunatic.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Unless you are close enough to take a shot then that goes without saying. You can't shoot across a crowed room like a lunatic.So just let the actual lunatic shoot everyone in the cafeteria?

What's the point?

Nathan89
03-20-2018, 02:13 PM
So just let the actual lunatic shoot everyone in the cafeteria?

What's the point?

If you wanted to stop them in that situation you'd have to position yourself to get a safe shot. You can't shoot across a large room that's crowded.

The point is you are discussing one scenario. There are other scenarios.

Blake
03-20-2018, 02:14 PM
But did anyone give thoughts and prayers to the victims?

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 02:16 PM
If you wanted to stop them in that situation you'd have to position yourself to get a safe shot. You can't shoot across a large room that's crowded.

The point is you are discussing one scenario. There are other scenarios.Professional security is continuously trained for multiple scenarios. Leave it to them.

Pavlov
03-20-2018, 02:17 PM
But did anyone give thoughts and prayers to the victims?Fuck that, they can talk about moar guns this time.

Trill Clinton
03-20-2018, 05:10 PM
you mean to tell me a campus police officer actually did what he was paid/trained to do???http://i64.tinypic.com/10o1hyh.jpg

TeyshaBlue
03-20-2018, 10:39 PM
So you couldn't defend students in a crowded cafeteria?

lol. Back when I was teaching, I made a 3 year stop in a small 1A school in West Texas. During lunch, we heard a gun shot outside. A kid, not a particularly bright one at that, had pulled a .22 out of our FFA teacher's truck and shot himself in the leg. There were probably 30 guns pulled in 3 minutes since just about everyone had a shot gun in their truck. Fuck it. Let's just arm the students. :lol

Spurminator
03-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Whoopsie
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-great-mills-shooting-update-20180326-story.html

Sheriff: Maryland high school shooter died by shooting himself in the head

Blake
03-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Whoopsie
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-great-mills-shooting-update-20180326-story.html

Sheriff: Maryland high school shooter died by shooting himself in the head

good thing the shooter was armed and was able to stop the shooter

Spurminator
03-27-2018, 04:17 PM
"Bad Guy With a Gun Stops Self"