PDA

View Full Version : Manu's comments---good or bad?

Gummi Clutch
03-21-2018, 06:29 PM
I think the team needed it, and its only fair to the guys on the floor to say it. He is absolutely right.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-21-2018, 06:37 PM
I don't get how Kawhi went from medically cleared since January to not being medically cleared anymore

Dex
03-21-2018, 06:40 PM
Right thing to say. I'm sure he meant no slight to Kawhi.

The Spurs have to start tightening down a game-plan for the playoffs. For right now, that doesn't seem to include Kawhi, unless there is some serious CIA shit going on (which I doubt).

I don't think anybody out there would turn down having a healthy Kawhi on the floor...but it's not something they can count on at this point.

ducks
03-21-2018, 06:46 PM
I think the team needed it, and its only fair to the guys on the floor to say it. He is absolutely right.
You can not think for yourself
Wow what they teach these days
Or are you so unsecure you have to have people on internet agree with you

BillMc
03-21-2018, 07:03 PM
What did he say?

dabom
03-21-2018, 07:17 PM
What did he say?

The OP failed to say, and he then failed to explain his speculation.

cd98
03-21-2018, 07:20 PM
The whole Kawhi thing is an unnecessary distraction mostly Kawhi’s fault bc he doesn’t talk. I don’t know if his injury is better and they are monitoring his conditioning or if he’s still injured. Either way, like Manu said, he ain’t playing so who cares. He’s not coming back for ten games. Also, I trade him in the off-season. Can’t have a recluse that creates unnecessary distractions. Maximize his value with a bunch of stories of good health and great workouts and then trade him for as much as you can get.

Russ
03-21-2018, 07:25 PM
What did he say?

SAN ANTONIO – Kawhi Leonard was back in uniform Wednesday – albeit just for the Spurs team photo.

"Yeah, it was very brief," Manu Ginobili said. "But good to see him around."

Ginobili said when he has been sidelined with an injury in the past he made an effort to "try to stay involved, to talk to different guys, different groups and stay later after practice to see what is going on in the locker room. It doesn't come as natural as when you are playing and when you struggle and Pop shows a video and he yells at you. Even in those situations, you support each other. It's hard when he has barely been with us the whole season, maybe a month or less. So it's a tough situation."

But Ginobili was quick to stress that Leonard's introverted personality doesn't make it easy for him to stay involved in that same manner.

"For him, it's a little harder because he's not as outspoken," Ginobili said. 'He's just a hard worker, a focused individual on his game, his weaknesses and his strengths. I assume it's a little harder for him. But it's hard to tell when he has got his own introverted character."

My impression of Manu's remarks -- Kawhi hasn't made much effort to stay in touch with the team or show solidarity.

.G.
03-21-2018, 07:30 PM
Gino lost a testicle and came back 11 games later. A fucking testicle.....

jermaine
03-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Love Gino or not, you can never say he's not gonna be a leader on the court. He's gonna give his All!!! An he sees Kawhi as weak if you ask me.

BillMc
03-21-2018, 08:04 PM
SAN ANTONIO – Kawhi Leonard was back in uniform Wednesday – albeit just for the Spurs team photo.

"Yeah, it was very brief," Manu Ginobili said. "But good to see him around."

Ginobili said when he has been sidelined with an injury in the past he made an effort to "try to stay involved, to talk to different guys, different groups and stay later after practice to see what is going on in the locker room. It doesn't come as natural as when you are playing and when you struggle and Pop shows a video and he yells at you. Even in those situations, you support each other. It's hard when he has barely been with us the whole season, maybe a month or less. So it's a tough situation."

But Ginobili was quick to stress that Leonard's introverted personality doesn't make it easy for him to stay involved in that same manner.

"For him, it's a little harder because he's not as outspoken," Ginobili said. 'He's just a hard worker, a focused individual on his game, his weaknesses and his strengths. I assume it's a little harder for him. But it's hard to tell when he has got his own introverted character."

My impression of Manu's remarks -- Kawhi hasn't made much effort to stay in touch with the team or show solidarity.

Cheers man. :toast Many thanks.

Gino just giving us a glimpse of what its like with the team these days.

spursistan
03-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Gino lost a testicle and came back 11 games later. A fucking testicle.....

Love Gino or not, you can never say he's not gonna be a leader on the court. He's gonna give his All!!! An he sees Kawhi as weak if you ask me.
Truth nukes..

Gloves are off..The tone in the latest comments of Parker and Ginoblili is telling.

You have a 36 yo and 41 yo team legends putting their diminished bodies through it trying to make the playoffs and 26 yo who couldn't bother this would be the latter final hurrah and isn't even keeping them up to date with what's preventing his soft ass from being wiped properly before he gets back on court-- that is if he ever will..

Play Boban
03-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Manu confirming what we already knew tbh...Kawhi is a cancer.

Seventyniner
03-21-2018, 08:12 PM

The hardest part of this is trying to tell if Kawhi is mentally checked out of the team or if him staying away so much is due to him being a rather extreme introvert.

Even while introverted Tim would have spent much more energy keeping up with his teammates. Again, this is not meant as a slight against Kawhi as much as high praise for Tim.

Play Boban
03-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Truth nukes..

Gloves are off..The tone in the latest comments of Parker and Ginoblili is telling.

You have a 36 yo and 41 yo team legends putting their diminished bodies through it trying to make the playoffs and 26 yo who couldn't bother this would be the latter final hurrah and isn't even keeping them up to date with what's preventing his soft ass from being wiped properly before he gets back on court-- that is if he ever will..
I know, it’s pathetic. I don’t want this lazy coward to ever suit up in a Spurs uniform again.

Brunodf
03-21-2018, 08:15 PM
When your two most experienced players get their Kawhi news from ESPN, it's so weird that they don't have a relationship with Kawhi...

Maybe this team misses TD more than we thought...

Gummi Clutch
03-21-2018, 08:19 PM
You can not think for yourself
Wow what they teach these days
Or are you so unsecure you have to have people on internet agree with you
I think you're projecting, also you can't speak english mother fucker. Don't quote me.

tholdren
03-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Manu confirming what we already knew tbh...Kawhi is a cancer.

But but but kl fmvp

ducks
03-21-2018, 08:26 PM
And who the hell do you think you are telling the duck what to do

Russ
03-21-2018, 08:55 PM
The hardest part of this is trying to tell if Kawhi is mentally checked out of the team or if him staying away so much is due to him being a rather extreme introvert.

Calling Kawhi an introvert is just Manu's cover that allows him to deliver the real message -- Manu is too savvy and tactful to not give himself (and Kawhi) some cover amid his reporting.

mingus
03-21-2018, 09:06 PM
It’s kind of out of character for Manu to throw shade at a teammate. That’s what he’s doing. We “fell for it again”, “barely been with us”

He sounds frustrated.

I think there’s stuff going on behind the scenes the public/fans don’t know about. Something fishy. When a guy like Manu throws shade at you something’s up.

TheGreatYacht
03-21-2018, 09:07 PM
I don't care about his comments. Only care about his play. He's cancerous and needs to be put out of his misery.

wildbill2u
03-21-2018, 09:12 PM
Manu got bit by a bat and came back during a series of painful injections for rabies. He'll give up his body to take a foul for the team. He's not known as El Contusion for nothing.

Play Boban
03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
I don't care about his comments. Only care about his play. He's cancerous and needs to be put out of his misery.

SpurPadre
03-21-2018, 09:35 PM
It’s kind of out of character for Manu to throw shade at a teammate. That’s what he’s doing. We “fell for it again”, “barely been with us”

He sounds frustrated.

I think there’s stuff going on behind the scenes the public/fans don’t know about. Something fishy. When a guy like Manu throws shade at you something’s up.

Manu, who's friends with Brent Barry, didn't even throw shade at TP for fucking his wife...so this is very telling.

SAGirl
03-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Manu's comments good or bad?
Neither, but I feel like he's sincere. Team doesn't know what is up with Kiwi...

tholdren
03-21-2018, 09:52 PM

Hes been the second best spur this year. Youre dumber than sagirl

mingus
03-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Manu, who's friends with Brent Barry, didn't even throw shade at TP for fucking his wife...so this is very telling.

I also think that because he’s at the tail end of his career he just doesn’t give a fuck about being obnoxiously professional anymore & he’s speaking his mind.

Apples & oranges with Tony

Keepin' it real
03-21-2018, 10:10 PM
There is no good or bad.

https://img.culturacolectiva.com/content/2017/06/kung-fu-panda-maestro.jpg

Play Boban
03-21-2018, 10:42 PM

Proxy
03-21-2018, 10:47 PM
Conveniently left out the part where Manu said that it’s the mentality until... he’s (Kawhi) ready for the jump ball. And he says it smiling, changes the entire tone of that quote. Clickbait

Expert
03-21-2018, 10:54 PM
I told you back when that Kawhi works on Kawhi. He is no leader.

I said it, me.

D=MC2

Capt Bringdown
03-21-2018, 10:54 PM
Keep the mouth shut and watch the turnovers, bub. Manu has no right to call out anyone.

ducks
03-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Hes been the second best spur this year. Youre dumber than sagirl

Bullshit

Down Under
03-21-2018, 11:52 PM
There's probably a 10% chance of him coming back & next game would be last chance for sure - only 10 left.

Ice009
03-22-2018, 12:11 AM
Conveniently left out the part where Manu said that it’s the mentality until... he’s (Kawhi) ready for the jump ball. And he says it smiling, changes the entire tone of that quote. Clickbait

Do you have a link to the video so that I can watch it?

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2018, 01:30 AM
Manu, so calculated:wow

https://images2.imgbox.com/a9/72/ZrKtIRAv_o.gif

offset formation
03-22-2018, 01:53 AM

Yeah, I think so. What doesn't show up in that is the black jacket guy you barely see coming in to the frame is Kawhi right behind them.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2018, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I think so. What doesn't show up in that is the black jacket guy you barely see coming in to the frame is Kawhi right behind them.

:lol I know..Manu playing some High School mind games..

$pursDynasty
03-22-2018, 09:22 AM
:lol I know..Manu playing some High School mind games..
I was thinking the same thing, Manu did that where and when he did it on purpose. Sending Kiwi a message, you want this affection? you carry the team, suffer and sacrifice for it.

Canyonero
03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Keep the mouth shut and watch the turnovers, bub. Manu has no right to call out anyone.

He's Manu fucking Ginobili and has earned the right to say whatever he wants.

Please stick to organ trafficking and teen prostitution.

Phenomanul
03-22-2018, 09:29 AM
You all are reading way too much between the lines when such interpretation isn't warranted.

$pursDynasty
03-22-2018, 09:40 AM
yea but the symbolism is striking, LMA at the end of last year the pariah, now flanked by the last 2 parts of the big three, with one of them hugging him for carrying the mythical torch and the team all to be observed by the man in black who was supposed to be the heir apparent. It's reaching but it's striking and Manu has been in the game way to long to not realize what his statement both to the media and the one made by that embrace in front of Kiwi was making.

SpursforSix
03-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Manu got bit by a bat and came back during a series of painful injections for rabies. He'll give up his body to take a foul for the team. He's not known as El Contusion for nothing.

Manu ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

SpursforSix
03-22-2018, 10:01 AM
Manu played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

SpursforSix
03-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Manu keeps his friends close and his enemies closer. Close enough to drop them with one round house kick to the face.

sook
03-22-2018, 10:35 AM
You all are reading way too much between the lines when such interpretation isn't warranted.

It’s subtle...but very obvious to any plain onserver

SAGirl
03-22-2018, 10:37 AM

He has moved on.
He doesn't expect Kiwi back at all.

(Neither do I)

spursistan
03-22-2018, 10:38 AM

Skip is a trollish personality, but I never thought he would one day be aiming at Kawhi :wow...

Proxy
03-22-2018, 10:42 AM
Do you have a link to the video so that I can watch it?

It's on the phone app... can't find the full interview anywhere else tbh. Just rewatched it, he isn't smiling so fuck me for thinking he was, but he does end it saying " until he’s (Kawhi) ready for the jump ball" and not "so it's a tough situation"

So I read it like Dex interpreted it. The tweets end the quote in a more dramatic tone than hearing it. Just him saying they can't count on it for the sake of the team's psyche instead of it being directed at Kawhi.

edit: nvm here it is

https://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spurs/manu-ginobili-does-not-expect-kawhi-leonard-back-this-season (http://ttps://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spurs/manu-ginobili-does-not-expect-kawhi-leonard-back-this-season)

the app is actually kinda good for the interviews, has them in their entirety sometimes and not just snippets

SAGirl
03-22-2018, 10:43 AM
yea but the symbolism is striking, LMA at the end of last year the pariah, now flanked by the last 2 parts of the big three, with one of them hugging him for carrying the mythical torch and the team all to be observed by the man in black who was supposed to be the heir apparent. It's reaching but it's striking and Manu has been in the game way to long to not realize what his statement both to the media and the one made by that embrace in front of Kiwi was making.
I think he's too old to play mind games like that. In his column in La Nacion he sounded really beat up and down (team had been in a losing streak and he personally had nags and pains that didn't allow him to play at 100%). But he still wants to win and Lamarcus carried the team to 5 straight victories when the team was already seeded 10 and looking at a lottery pick. Manu doesn't care about lottery picks. This is his last season and I think he still wants to win Kiwi or no Kiwi.

SpursforSix
03-22-2018, 10:45 AM
I think he's too old to play mind games like that. In his column in La Nacion he sounded really beat up and down (team had been in a losing streak and he personally had nags and pains that didn't allow him to play at 100%). But he still wants to win and Lamarcus carried the team to 5 straight victories when the team was already seeded 10 and looking at a lottery pick. Manu doesn't care about lottery picks. This is his last season and I think he still wants to win Kiwi or no Kiwi.

Sucks for Manu because I'm sure he's thinking back to Game 1 of WCF and that with a healthy KL, they'd have at least another shot.

SAGirl
03-22-2018, 10:53 AM
If you notice, the team has changed their narrative. It's no longer poor us, we as are waiting to get guys back, we haven't been whole, etc. It's" we don't expect Kiwi back". From LMA it's " I am a leader and I have to do what the team needs". From Dijon it's "we have to get on the same page, we have to be greedy, play we with hunger" and also: "I want to win"...

F*ck Kiwi's tendinopathy at this point, we are who are and its up to us. I think mentally they waited for Kiwi as long as they could... but it's time to move on.

Proxy
03-22-2018, 11:50 AM
welp, they had a players only meeting saturday so nvm, I guess we should look into everything

$pursDynasty
03-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Not saying that Kiwi isn't partially to blame for this crap but the conspiracy theory believing part of my mind can't help but have a nagging suspicion that there are many individuals out there fanning the flames of this crap. Either talking heads who never like talking Spurs, feeling Kiwi's departure would eliminate the need to talk Spurs for the forseeable future. Some are just haters because while there are tons of ex-player/commentators with connections to the Spurs there are also tons that had their entire career getting drug by Spurs dominance. Lastly by players that either want Kiwi on their team or don't want to deal with a Spurs franchise with a top 5 player. Lets make this as bad looking as possible so that egos get involved and relationships are permanently damaged.

Russ
03-22-2018, 12:00 PM

Skip is a trollish personality, but I never thought he would one day be aiming at Kawhi :wow...

Skip has contacts within the Spurs org and has been saying for months that the situation between Kawhi and the team is bad.

Lately, it sounds like Skip has given up on Kawhi being a long-term Spur.

dbestpro
03-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Perhaps its time for a psych eval for Leonard.

tmtcsc
03-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Neither good or bad. Just the truth. Manu came back 11 days after losing a testicle. Having to see Leonard saunter around the locker room, disengaged from the team, is not good. Everyone is sick and tired of seeing his mopey-ass around. If you aren't playing, participating or hanging with the team then just get the fuck out of the locker room. YOU ARE A WORTHLESS DISTRACTION.

tholdren
03-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Neither good or bad. Just the truth. Manu came back 11 days after losing a testicle. Having to see Leonard saunter around the locker room, disengaged from the team, is not good. Everyone is sick and tired of seeing his mopey-ass around. If you aren't playing, participating or hanging with the team then just get the fuck out of the locker room. YOU ARE A WORTHLESS DISTRACTION.

Boom. Ducks likes the testicle talk

Gummi Clutch
03-22-2018, 07:04 PM
couldn't have said it better .

Lots of good points in this thread tbh

tmtcsc
03-22-2018, 11:15 PM
Manu had a staring contest with a mirror...and won.

cutewizard
03-23-2018, 03:23 AM
:bobo

John B
03-23-2018, 04:08 AM
Manu is fair as you can get. If he sees that Kawhi has reasons not to play, he would defend his teammate. Manu must have seen something else, a prima donna dangling a carrot. He sees a player whose camp questions the integrity of the same PATFO that he, Tony, Timmy, Drob and Co trusted, sacrificed for and stood by for the best of the team, 5 rings and 20 straight playoff appearances, especially from supposedly the leader and role model for the young players. Manu is putting a stop to it.

BillMc
03-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Manu had a staring contest with a mirror...and won.
:lol