PDA

View Full Version : Useless players in the playoffs

stu scotts eye
03-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Kyle Anderson
Pau Gasol

Also, iso post ups to Aldridge for fadeaway jumpers won't work past the 1st round. I used to make fun of Rockets fans who relied on this junk .. that is all.

TimDunkem
03-21-2018, 09:33 PM
We know.

tholdren
03-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Kyle Anderson
Pau Gasol

Also, iso post ups to Aldridge for fadeaway jumpers won't work past the 1st round. I used to make fun of Rockets fans who relied on this junk .. that is all.

What insight

stu scotts eye
03-21-2018, 09:56 PM
I dont pay attention to this sh11ty board since Timvp disappeared. So maybe tholdren has solid takes, but i doubt that

Play Boban
03-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Kawhi Leonard. He’s worse than useless two years in a row he gets “injured” and misses the playoffs.... :rolleyes

DeRozan m8
03-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Kawhi Leonard. He’s worse than useless two years in a row he gets “injured” and misses the playoffs.... :rolleyes

Did Kawhi fuck your mom or something?

SAGirl
03-21-2018, 11:17 PM
:lmao Good troll thread tbh

Play Boban
03-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Did Kawhi fuck your mom or something?
No, but he did fuck my favorite basketball team tbh.

SPURt
03-22-2018, 08:01 AM
:lol Hilarious response, sums up my feelings exactly

Clipper Nation
03-22-2018, 08:51 AM
Porker:

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png

spursmvp
03-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Everyone except lma and maybe DJ?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-23-2018, 10:26 AM

Except for the back-to-back Finals appearances and 2014 championship that wouldn't have happened without him.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Porker:

Hey! Michael Ray Richardson made the list!! The last NBA player ever to wear Converse All-Stars in league play.

sammy
03-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Forbes! Always looks lost and seeing Manu telling him where to go on the floor!

Play Boban
03-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Except for the back-to-back Finals appearances and 2014 championship that wouldn't have happened without him.
As their fourth best player, okay...

I’ll never forget Brent Barry “leading” us to two titles in three years, either! :cry Oh, wait, you probably weren’t even born then!

sasaint
03-23-2018, 11:45 AM

:lmao Worth a bump and a big :tu

sasaint
03-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Hey! Michael Ray Richardson made the list!! The last NBA player ever to wear Converse All-Stars in league play.

Is that true? Haha. New love for Michael Ray!

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2018, 11:53 AM
:lol

SASdynasty!
03-23-2018, 03:56 PM
Porker:

Where’s the list of PGs who can’t make the WCF?

stu scotts eye
03-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Really wish we had another creator like Simmons was last yr. I thought Dejounte would help with that role after Kawhi. Parkers really the only one that can still get into the paint a few times a game.

Wish we could get Gay into some rhythym. He needs to take all Pau's minutes going forward.

And Bertans just needs to snow bird and get.us some easy fast break buckets.

Dingle Barry
03-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Really wish we had another creator like Simmons was last yr. I thought Dejounte would help with that role after Kawhi. Parkers really the only one that can still get into the paint a few times a game.

Wish we could get Gay into some rhythym. He needs to take all Pau's minutes going forward.

And Bertans just needs to snow bird and get.us some easy fast break buckets.

Marcus Aurelius :eyebrows: Bold move keeping that handle :downspin:

Agree we have no dribble penetration besides Delonte Murray and his 15 ft floater. Pop is (hopefully) saving Gay for the playoffs but the minutes limitation is too conservative, per par.

Renouncing Simmons and giving Fatty his 50 mills was the dumbest move by PATFO in ages.

stu scotts eye
03-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Marcus Aurelius :eyebrows: Bold move keeping that handle :downspin:

Agree we have no dribble penetration besides Delonte Murray and his 15 ft floater. Pop is (hopefully) saving Gay for the playoffs but the minutes limitation is too conservative, per par.

Renouncing Simmons and giving Fatty his 50 mills was the dumbest move by PATFO in ages.

Haha Dingles. Its also my fantasy team name still. Kinda felt bad at first but now im too lazy.

Rox are getting all the cards.this yr, if they dont win they never will.

stu scotts eye
03-23-2018, 10:13 PM
There we go Gay

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-24-2018, 12:32 PM
As their fourth best player, okay...

I’ll never forget Brent Barry “leading” us to two titles in three years, either! :cry Oh, wait, you probably weren’t even born then!

I don't seem to remember Brent being a FMVP...could have missed that one though. If you think the 2014 Spurs could have hoisted the LOB without Kawhi you're delusional.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-24-2018, 12:35 PM
Is that true? Haha. New love for Michael Ray!

That's what I remember reading when Converse disappeared from the NBA.

Play Boban
03-24-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't seem to remember Brent being a FMVP...could have missed that one though. If you think the 2014 Spurs could have hoisted the LOB without Kawhi you're delusional.
Kawhi didn’t deserve that Finals MVP over Manu or Timmy tbh. That was damn disgraceful and still makes me ill!!!

Dingle Barry
03-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Haha Dingles. Its also my fantasy team name still. Kinda felt bad at first but now im too lazy.

Rox are getting all the cards.this yr, if they dont win they never will.

Pringles will find a way to fuck it up.

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 07:36 PM
Kawhi didn’t deserve that Finals MVP over Manu or Timmy tbh. That was damn disgraceful and still makes me ill!!!

Wait, what??

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 07:40 PM

Kawhi led in points, steals, blocks, PER, shot over 60% from the field and over 50% from three...AND had the biggest moments... How in the world did Manu and Tim deserve it more? Come on now... Kawhi was the very clear MVP

tholdren
03-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Kawhi led in points, steals, blocks, PER, shot over 60% from the field and over 50% from three...AND had the biggest moments... How in the world did Manu and Tim deserve it more? Come on now... Kawhi was the very clear MVP

You are the worst spurs poster of all time.

ElNono
03-25-2018, 07:54 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memnxrjSVk1ruaz3c.jpg

Play Boban
03-25-2018, 08:40 PM
You can twist the facts to fit your narrative, but it doesn’t change the truth tbh.

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 08:54 PM
You can twist the facts to fit your narrative, but it doesn’t change the truth tbh.

Twist facts? Those are the facts!!! YOU are the one that disagrees with facts and the entire basketball world by saying Manu and Duncan deserved it more in 2014...just because YOU like them more doesn't mean they deserved it more... You aren't even giving reasons... You are just making a silly statement as fact... I'm posting facts...

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 08:56 PM
You are the worst spurs poster of all time.

I post facts... You post insults... And I'm the worst? Ok, by your standards let me improve my quality of posts... GTFOH you incredibly dumb, poor excuse for a fan... Nothing you have to say is of value or intelligence... You are easily one of the two stupidest people I've talked to today... And the second place one is my dog

ducks
04-23-2018, 11:36 PM
Bumb

CapitalEmm
04-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Kyle Anderson
Pau Gasol

Posted 4 weeks ago but this was the easiest call to make tbh.

Go ahead and add Forbes, Tony and Bertans to this list too.

Play Boban
04-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Posted 4 weeks ago but this was the easiest call to make tbh.

Go ahead and add Forbes, Tony and Bertans to this list too.
Easiest call was Kawhitter tbh. Two straight seasons of not showing in the playoffs tbh. :wakeup

stu scotts eye
04-24-2018, 11:26 AM
Well. Not sure what you mean by easy but not every Spurs fan felt this way (note: not talking about just spurstalk posters). Frankly, those fools would probably be able to hide their ineptness a little longer if we had beat the Pelicans on game 82 and faced Portland instead.

That's the most frustrating part. The large roles they are given all season are a waste to our chemistry. They are helpful against 28 teams but worthless against the top contenders. So they may help artificially inflate our regular season performance but have an exponential net negative vs contenders, bc not only do the 5uck ba11s, but our team chemistry we built in 82 games gets wasted since Rudy now starts, etc.

SAGirl
04-24-2018, 11:32 AM
Their chemistry is fine. Rudy was coming back from a major injury and got injured again missing both all training camp and 25 gamswg this year. He has played as well as you can expect considering no superstar and injury situation.

BackHome
04-24-2018, 12:27 PM
People forget Rudy’s injury he is comming off a Torn Achilles which ain’t no joke as far as rehab and recovery.

Very suprised him and Parker have been able to play so soon after major injuries

stu scotts eye
04-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Their chemistry is fine. Rudy was coming back from a major injury and got injured again missing both all training camp and 25 gamswg this year. He has played as well as you can expect considering no superstar and injury situation.

Their chemistry is not fine. Fine enough to beat 28 teams.

SAGirl
04-24-2018, 12:31 PM
OK stu. Suit yourself since a matter of opinion is opinion after all and you know what they say about opinions? They are like buttholes. We all have one. Dude was coming from a major injury and is playing as well as you can expect anyways.

IMO Spurs have problems of talent and roster construction but aside of Kiwigate, chemistry has been fine.

BackHome
04-24-2018, 12:31 PM
I agree Pop had fucked up rotations all year it’s OK to be mad scientist for first month but after that you need to put guys on regular rotations barring injury.

stu scotts eye
04-24-2018, 12:32 PM
People forget Rudy’s injury he is comming off a Torn Achilles which ain’t no joke as far as rehab and recovery.

Very suprised him and Parker have been able to play so soon after major injuries

Dude. I love Rudy. Look at my limited post history. He's the only hope I felt we had in the playoffs.

Even Manu admitted how jacked up their chemistry is this yr, due to the revolving lineups.

SAGirl
04-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Exactly... I thought the max scientist stuff went on all year... You can't say at this point guys aren't used to playing with everybody. If anything there were guys whose rhythm was affected bc they weren't playing enough... But chemistry is not an issue this late in the season and with as many minutes as everyone played.

stu scotts eye
04-24-2018, 12:36 PM
OK stu. Suit yourself since a matter of opinion is opinion after all and you know what they say about opinions? They are like buttholes. We all have one. Dude was coming from a major injury and is playing as well as you can expect anyways.

IMO Spurs have problems of talent and roster construction but aside of Kiwigate, chemistry has been fine.

Yes. You state yours and ill state mine.

We are playing the triple towers (gasol, lma, gay) together which we rarely did all yr. Kyle starts all yr then gets benched one game in.

stu scotts eye
04-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Exactly... I thought the max scientist stuff went on all year... You can't say at this point guys aren't used to playing with everybody. If anything there were guys whose rhythm was affected bc they weren't playing enough... But chemistry is not an issue this late in the season and with as many minutes as everyone played.

Unsure how much bball or team sports youve played during your life. But youre oversimplifying chemistry.

Just bc its "this late in the year" and "they've played many minutes together" already, doesnt mean they must have optimal chemistry to beat all 32 teams.

Look, no ones saying we need a talent upgrade. Im just saying, chemistry aint there either.

SAGirl
04-24-2018, 01:10 PM
I didn't think it was a good idea to bench Kyle. They needed him to advance or to win a game. They weren't going to win without him or with him playing poorly. It's the same for many other guys the team relied on all season. I know you dislike him so that is that. But Rudy has been as fine as you could expect so can't blame Kyle for any perceived faults you see in Rudy.