PDA

View Full Version : how much does tony get re-signed for?

gambit1990
03-28-2018, 12:43 PM
3 years, $18 million or is that being too optimistic?

Spur|n|Austin
03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Family deal - 3 years $120M

Keepin' it real
03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Yay, someone knows how to use a hyphen correctly!

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 01:10 PM
hopefully the spurs don’t offer more than 3 years/$24 million... if it was up to me they’d just offer him a role on the staff.

BillMc
03-29-2018, 01:12 PM
What did Manu get at the equivalent age? (Not that its particularly relevant, just wondering).

TimDunkem
03-29-2018, 01:20 PM
3 years $21M with a player option for the third year.

SAGirl
03-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Frankly... he’s playing like a vet minimum player.

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 01:22 PM
What did Manu get at the equivalent age? (Not that its particularly relevant, just wondering).
hmm... he signed a 2 year $5.75 million contract in the summer of 2015. he declined the $2.94 million option and then the spurs gave him $14 for one year, summer of 2016.

BillMc
03-29-2018, 01:25 PM
hmm... he signed a 2 year $5.75 million contract in the summer of 2015. he declined the $2.94 million option and then the spurs gave him $14 for one year, summer of 2016.

Thanks. I think that was a combination of "helpin' the team afford LMA" and then "payback for helping the team afford LMA" a year later.

NASpurs
03-29-2018, 01:27 PM
They’ll probably give him a blank check and go with whatever Parker writes on there.

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 01:29 PM
They probably give him a blank check and go with whatever Parker writes on there.
:lol

phxspurfan
03-29-2018, 01:30 PM
10 years 90 million

tmtcsc
03-29-2018, 03:28 PM
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/6c5ee110-5d0e-4343-8e78-65731af5005f_1.ba6f6a4bd0866688ebdabf379bb0956f.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

K...
03-29-2018, 03:31 PM
Here's his big new sports illustrated b article (mainly about the movie he produced,)

. RN: As you prepare yourself for after your basketball career, is retirement something you’re thinking about?
TP: In my mind, I want to play three more seasons. I would love if the Spurs keep me. I would love to play 20 seasons with the Spurs, that’s my dream. I’m a free agent this summer, so I would love to sign three more seasons with the Spurs, and then after that go on with all my different businesses.

http://bit.ly/2GyXgXV

baseline bum
03-29-2018, 04:04 PM
3 years, $50 million

pad300
03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
I'd be fine for him coming back for 3 years, but it can't be for anything that impacts cap = vet min... I'm not confident that is what we will see. Perhaps a more palatable option to both sides would be one year rolling contracts, for whatever space/exception we have left each season (which would guarantee him at least the minimum).

ducks
03-29-2018, 04:22 PM
More then manu

cd98
03-29-2018, 04:41 PM
What will be funny is if Kawhi pulls a Kobe/Shaq and says Parker or me. Who will the Organization be more faithful to? The Past? Or the Future?

dabom
03-29-2018, 04:53 PM
What will be funny is if Kawhi pulls a Kobe/Shaq and says Parker or me. Who will the Organization be more faithful to? The Past? Or the Future?

Parker gets kicked the fuck out. :lol

Dingle Barry
03-29-2018, 04:59 PM
Parker gets kicked the fuck out. :lol

And then Kawhi still don't play :lol

cd021
03-29-2018, 05:04 PM
2 years, $10 million or 3 years, $12 million tbh.

venitian navigator
03-29-2018, 05:15 PM
he never played for the minimum while Manu did it for three years including next one...so three years at veteran minimum imho would be ok....considering he's gonna be our third point guard afyer the young guys Murray and White.

TimDunkem
03-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Frankly... he’s playing like a vet minimum player.

I'd be fine for him coming back for 3 years, but it can't be for anything that impacts cap = vet min... I'm not confident that is what we will see. Perhaps a more palatable option to both sides would be one year rolling contracts, for whatever space/exception we have left each season (which would guarantee him at least the minimum).

he never played for the minimum while Manu did it for three years including next one...so three years at veteran minimum imho would be ok....considering he's gonna be our third point guard afyer the young guys Murray and White.
http://i.imgur.com/ic0ZMVx.gif

r0drig0lac
03-29-2018, 05:51 PM
blank check

DJR210
03-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Career loyalty, punking Kawhi's soft ass in the media, not giving Pop any shit when he wanted to pass the torch to Murray..

He's definitely getting a better deal than Pau.

ElNono
03-29-2018, 06:09 PM
Gonna be interesting... he lost his starting spot to a rook, he can't seemingly beat Fatty Stacks to close games... he's on a pretty weird situation...

You would almost think the Spurs are getting ready for the pricetag and demoting him is a way to tell him "hey, you gotta get backup PG money now"... we'll see...

DJR210
03-29-2018, 06:11 PM
Gonna be interesting... he lost his starting spot to a rook, he can't seemingly beat Fatty Stacks to close games... he's on a pretty weird situation...

You would almost think the Spurs are getting ready for the pricetag and demoting him is a way to tell him "hey, you gotta get backup PG money now"... we'll see...

Yeah, I agree with the strategic "demotions" 100%.. Same thing I thought with Danny going to the bench

TimDunkem
03-29-2018, 06:12 PM
Even backup money is too much. He should retire, but he won't. So, anything more than the vet minimum is too much.

ElNono
03-29-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm sure it'll be more than vet min... although I don't think he'll have the leverage Manu had when another team came knocking for him...

TD 21
03-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Think it's tied to what they do at shooting guard . . .

- If Green is re-signed, does he become a permanent bench player? He'd still play similar minutes and have every opportunity to close, it would just be so that they can have the most logical back court pairings.

- If Green isn't re-signed, do they pursue Bradley or maybe Caldwell-Pope? Can't see either being amendable to coming off the bench, which would force Mills-Parker together.

- If Green isn't re-signed, do they not pursue a replacement? That would open a rotation spot for Forbes/White, but leave them without a legit starting/closing option.

The third scenario is probably the only way Parker gets 3 more seasons and almost certainly gets him a higher average annual value than he otherwise would. He's definitely not getting the veterans minimum though.

dabom
03-29-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm sure it'll be more than vet min... although I don't think he'll have the leverage Manu had when another team came knocking for him...

Manu took a pay cut to join the Spurs that year. What a player. :tu

dabom
03-29-2018, 06:31 PM
I could see parker getting 5mil a year deals for 2 years and then cashing out with a big last year. For team salary purposes.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 07:00 PM
Training camp invitee. If he does well, give him a 10-day contract.

illusioNtEk
03-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Anybody see his face when DJ scores on Westbrook?

Clipper Nation
03-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Supermax loyalty contract at 12:01 AM, tbh.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Anybody see his face when DJ scores on Westbrook?

No. Tell us the story.

Hoops Czar
03-29-2018, 10:26 PM
Let's see, Manu signed for $15M at age 38 and Pau signed up for 48M at age 37. Parker is still a spring chicken at 35 and with all that loyalty money being thrown around, he could be in line for a max deal.

duncan2k5
03-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Retire

HarlemHeat37
03-29-2018, 10:30 PM
I'd rather have 400-pound Raymond Felton, sadly:lol..hmm, nah, I wouldn't go that far..

Vet minimum should be the goal, hopefully TP doesn't take it as an insult..

cd021
03-29-2018, 10:53 PM
Think it's tied to what they do at shooting guard . . .

- If Green is re-signed, does he become a permanent bench player? He'd still play similar minutes and have every opportunity to close, it would just be so that they can have the most logical back court pairings.

- If Green isn't re-signed, do they pursue Bradley or maybe Caldwell-Pope? Can't see either being amendable to coming off the bench, which would force Mills-Parker together.

- If Green isn't re-signed, do they not pursue a replacement? That would open a rotation spot for Forbes/White, but leave them without a legit starting/closing option.

The third scenario is probably the only way Parker gets 3 more seasons and almost certainly gets him a higher average annual value than he otherwise would. He's definitely not getting the veterans minimum though.

I still think Green is gone, and I don't think KCP or Bradley would take the MLE which something like $9 million IIRC, so option 3 seems like the most likely route.

Murray would, in effect, be his replacement as the second perimeter defender assuming Kawhi is actually back next season. I suspect Aldridge will start full time at center which leave two SL spots remaining, one of which most certainly goes to Mills with Bertans or Anderson at 4 filling out the starting 5.

Murray, Mills, Kawhi, Bertans/Anderson, Aldridge.
Parker, Manu, Gay, Bertans/Anderson, , Gasol

Closing lineups would probably be the same as the SL depending on the situational needs. The Bertans unit would probably be much better offensively and decent defensively while the Anderson unit would probably be much better defensively and decent offensively.

I think Parker ends up getting a 2 year $10 million deal or $12 million over 3 years.

One thing I haven't heard asked yet is what happens if Gay opts out? Would PATFO David Lee him or resign him? (assuming Bertans and Anderson are also retained) and figure out the 3/4 minutes between them and Kawhi.

Chinook
03-29-2018, 11:06 PM
Depends on what the team does to make cap space. I think he'll get about $20 Million over the final three years. Could be a straight deal, could be like Manu's last three years or it could be like Tim's last three. Hopefully it's the first option and the team dumps Patty and Pau or moves Murray and Mills for Walker.

DenialTwist
03-30-2018, 01:04 AM
If he doensn’t get Vet minimum they can offer him a lifetime of whataburger. Lol.
Who are we all kidding? He will get something similar to Manu’s. 1 year 14 million or 3 year/42 million. Farewell contract.

Chinook
03-30-2018, 01:34 AM
Whatever Tony gets, I want it to be in the form of an extension rather than a new contract. Tony has the strange distinction of playing 17 years and never once being a free agent. I don't know what the record is, because Parker has to be up there.

SASdynasty!
03-30-2018, 02:46 AM
If he saves us from a first round exit like he did last year and in 2014, whatever he wants.

DAF86
03-30-2018, 03:22 AM
Anything above vet minimum would be overpaying, and even that is too much. Tony should just read the scenario and retire, or go play in France, tbh.

james evans
03-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Parker doesn't have 3 years left in this pg driven league. Now he can go out there and play to collect checks, but he would be worse than Iverson in PHilly the last time.

gambit1990
03-30-2018, 12:59 PM
i’d rather take timmy for the minimum.

TD 21
03-30-2018, 03:53 PM
I still think Green is gone, and I don't think KCP or Bradley would take the MLE which something like $9 million IIRC, so option 3 seems like the most likely route.

Murray would, in effect, be his replacement as the second perimeter defender assuming Kawhi is actually back next season. I suspect Aldridge will start full time at center which leave two SL spots remaining, one of which most certainly goes to Mills with Bertans or Anderson at 4 filling out the starting 5.

Murray, Mills, Kawhi, Bertans/Anderson, Aldridge.
Parker, Manu, Gay, Bertans/Anderson, , Gasol

Closing lineups would probably be the same as the SL depending on the situational needs. The Bertans unit would probably be much better offensively and decent defensively while the Anderson unit would probably be much better defensively and decent offensively.

I think Parker ends up getting a 2 year $10 million deal or $12 million over 3 years.

One thing I haven't heard asked yet is what happens if Gay opts out? Would PATFO David Lee him or resign him? (assuming Bertans and Anderson are also retained) and figure out the 3/4 minutes between them and Kawhi.

Yeah, they're not taking the MLE, but there are other ways to create room (namely, Gay opting out or being traded), if they prioritize starting shooting guard. Unfortunately, I think option 3 is most likely too.

Agreed. The problem is, the cumulative effect doesn't work (Murray becoming the second perimeter defender and Mills becoming the spacer in the starting lineup); you need 2 way players.

It'll probably remain situational, with Gasol still starting more often than not.

They'd probably let him walk. I know it's his first season back after tearing his Achilles and he had bursitis too, but it doesn't bode well that he's playing a limited, dwindling role without Leonard.

Sounds about right. I'd be surprised if they go to 3 years though.

cd021
04-01-2018, 01:36 PM
While I really like Green, I am almost resigned to the fact that the won't be re-signed. I am not all that worried about Mills continuing to start, as the nominal SG, he is a poor defender that can be exploited but Kawhi (all this assumes that he's healthy) LMA and Murray are all well above average defenders and lineups with Bertans at the 4 (in which he almost exclusively plays with Aldridge) has been good defensively (and also great offensively) so having only one weak link shouldn't hurt the defense much at all.

Gasol's come off the bench 11 of the last nineteen games so its hard to tell either way but the Spurs have been much better with Aldridge at the 5, which I think PATFO recognizes while it also has to balance his ego. He's still averaging about 18 mpg while having a higher usage even with having to share the ball with Parker, Manu, and Gay.

If the Spurs want to try and modernize the offense then Mills, Murray, Leonard, Bertans, and Aldridge would be the best combination using option 3. Three high volume shooters around Aldridge, Bertans and Mills spacing the floor during Kawhi/LMA pick and pop/rolls.

If Gay picks up his option the i'd be fine with him being back next season but if he were to opt out and seek more than a one year deal, then the Spurs should at least consider not resigning him and putting that money towards retaining Green along with re-signing Bertans and Anderson.

As for Parker, he wants to play three more seasons after this one- whether that's even possible remains to be seen but if he were willing to less money per year in order to have an extra year tacked on, then I think that PATFO may consider it.

Pauleta14
04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
It will depend on his production during the PO.

Right now he doesn't deserve more than the min.

TD 21
04-01-2018, 06:15 PM
While I really like Green, I am almost resigned to the fact that the won't be re-signed. I am not all that worried about Mills continuing to start, as the nominal SG, he is a poor defender that can be exploited but Kawhi (all this assumes that he's healthy) LMA and Murray are all well above average defenders and lineups with Bertans at the 4 (in which he almost exclusively plays with Aldridge) has been good defensively (and also great offensively) so having only one weak link shouldn't hurt the defense much at all.

Gasol's come off the bench 11 of the last nineteen games so its hard to tell either way but the Spurs have been much better with Aldridge at the 5, which I think PATFO recognizes while it also has to balance his ego. He's still averaging about 18 mpg while having a higher usage even with having to share the ball with Parker, Manu, and Gay.

If the Spurs want to try and modernize the offense then Mills, Murray, Leonard, Bertans, and Aldridge would be the best combination using option 3. Three high volume shooters around Aldridge, Bertans and Mills spacing the floor during Kawhi/LMA pick and pop/rolls.

If Gay picks up his option the i'd be fine with him being back next season but if he were to opt out and seek more than a one year deal, then the Spurs should at least consider not resigning him and putting that money towards retaining Green along with re-signing Bertans and Anderson.

As for Parker, he wants to play three more seasons after this one- whether that's even possible remains to be seen but if he were willing to less money per year in order to have an extra year tacked on, then I think that PATFO may consider it.

It's more so about closing than starting when it comes to Mills and really the 3 starters not named Leonard and Aldridge. Those 2 and elite defense guarantee at least being competitive. The problem is down the stretch, it's difficult to win close games vs elite teams with players who aren't 2-way or exceptional enough on one end to make up for the other.

Gasol coming off the bench has been a desperation move. We're operating under the premise that everything is back to normal next season (however likely that may be, is a different argument), which means Pop can probably pretty well do what he wants and they'll be mostly fine during the regular season.

Anderson will definitely be re-signed and Bertans probably will be too (wouldn't entirely rule out an exorbitant offer sheet though). To make up for the hole at shooting guard and lack of size in the back court period, I could see Leonard and possibly even Anderson (shouldn't, but we've seen it before) playing it some.

I know Parker claims he isn't 100% and hopes he'll be better next season, but they're already trying to phase him out. Think they'd try to convince him it's over before they'd have him end his career as a fringe - non rotation player.

YGWHI
04-01-2018, 06:43 PM
It will depend on his production during the PO.

Right now he doesn't deserve more than the min.

He looked like shit last regular season but had a really nice first round against a healthy top-two way PG like Conley. Not sure if he looks this way now for the injury/age or it's something like regular season.

tmtcsc
04-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Please tell me this is a joke. I posted a photo of a bag of Funyuns but seriously, that would be overpaying. Time to move on. I'd still bring Manu back but not TP.

gambit1990
04-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Please tell me this is a joke. I posted a photo of a bag of Funyuns but seriously, that would be overpaying. Time to move on. I'd still bring Manu back but not TP.
agreed, but there's no way PATFO don't offer tony a multimillion dollar deal.

DPG21920
04-02-2018, 12:24 PM
TP has been a pretty good solider, I would not be surprised to see him take something like 3/15.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-02-2018, 10:24 PM
3 years, $50 million

Loyalty contract. Why not? Heck they basically did that for Pau.

Nothing our FO does with these ridiculous contracts would surprise me anymore.

DenialTwist
04-03-2018, 02:06 AM
Tony has the same agent as Patty. He is going to ask for at least 3 year / 40 million. I’m not joking. He expects 10-13 million per year. The Spurs gave Manu 14 million last season when the Sixers wanted him. I’m sure Tony will tell them there are other teams that could use his veteran knowledge and experience lol. Pop will give it to him too because the spurs aren’t signing a big name free agent this summer anyway.

SASdynasty!
04-03-2018, 08:28 AM
If he gets us out of the first round of the playoffs this year like he did last, $10m/year is fine.

BackHome
04-03-2018, 06:32 PM
If he doesn’t produce in playoffs he should be released

gambit1990
04-04-2018, 10:41 AM
if tony wants to keep playing for the spurs they should send him up to austin and leave him there.

gambit1990
04-12-2018, 11:40 AM
the dude finished this season with a -0.6 VORP :wow

15th best TS% on the roster too...

dabom
04-12-2018, 11:43 AM
the dude finished this season with a -0.6 VORP :wow

15th best TS% on the roster too...

That's pretty disgusting.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2018, 01:39 PM
He should retire and move on to his French team while he still has some basketball left in him.

BackHome
04-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Watching his body language you can tell he is not happy and I think he is realizing he is not Manu and can’t play at the level he needs to be in the NBA anymore.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 12:40 AM
hopefully no more than 3 years for $9 million...

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Sadly he's the invisible man when he's on the court now. The game has passed him by. It's been a great run, though, Tony. Much respect for one of the 5 top Spurs all-time.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:01 AM
Pop played him 6 minutes. Can’t be mad at that.

venitian navigator
04-17-2018, 01:53 AM
lets not forget bthat's his first year after the terrible incident of last year...and that he made a great reabilitation, maybe a little hurried up just for the chance to benefit the team.
That said, his level of playing as of now is worth no playing time...so, just out of loyalty and hope, he could be resigned for some more years, but in any case for no more than a minimum contract (that is a good amount of money considering he is a veteran player in his 16th season)...
Lets remember that he is a kind of player that played his entire game on speedness...and that's the first quality players loose 'cause of age and injuries,,,

BackHome
04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
I like Tony but he should retire he has no lift on his shots and no burst to beat his man off the dribble and his 3 ball and mid shots have been terrible.

cd98
04-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Tony is probably done as an NBA guard. He's good enough to play spot minutes as a backup and occasionally have good games, but he's not worth any big money. We'll see if the Spurs really are doing loyalty contracts because if Parker played for Ainge, he'd be walking this summer, but they'd do a video thank-you production for him on Tony Parker night in a random game in November.

DaBears
04-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Tony is probably done as an NBA guard. He's good enough to play spot minutes as a backup and occasionally have good games, but he's not worth any big money. We'll see if the Spurs really are doing loyalty contracts because if Parker played for Ainge, he'd be walking this summer, but they'd do a video thank-you production for him on Tony Parker night in a random game in November.

Parker did his thing, as long as he wants to and contribute i say go for it, but i wont offer him any real $$ offer.. Maybe pay him in HEB buddy buckets... You know HEB is good for it...

JFK
04-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Whatever it is, it will be better-spent money than what they burn with Mills and especially Gasol.

The Spurs would be better off picking up little dribblers from the Pizza Hut midnight basketball leagues at this point than that expired fossil.

K...
04-17-2018, 12:01 PM
I used to think Parker would get a fair loyalty contact just to avoid rocking the boat. It still might happen, the boat is God damn rocking already, and Tony must see it. I'm sure pop loves these guys and never imagined coaching without him. Luckily pop seems to be full in love with aldrdge and Patty.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 12:04 PM
He has nothing whatsoever left in terms of his game. I would definitely retire. It is not like he needs the money. But if he is that set on one or two more years I can’t see him getting much. Even with the loyalty to the team he’s just not worth much at this stage.

elemento
04-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Hopefully he just retires or goes to France to play for Asvel.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 12:06 PM

During his exit interview pop might be trying to talk him into retirement. The people around him should. Made a lot of money, won championships, is not starting anymore. There really is no point for him to go on. He is not good enough to start on any team.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Sometimes players at this stage of their career get a little bit hung up on chasing stats. Looking at his stats he has almost 19,000 points. Maybe 20,000 points is something he wants. But I don’t think he would get enough playing time to score that much. Other than chasing that I can’t see why he would want to play again next year? Again he is not starting anymore. And he won’t start for any team.

rjv
04-17-2018, 12:11 PM
if tony insists that he has any more left to give a team i wouldn't sign him for anything more than the bare minimum and only with the understanding that he is no longer a rotational player.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 12:26 PM
i’d take calderon over him next season.

i wonder if any other teams bother with making tony an offer. if they did i really doubt it’d be for much.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 12:39 PM
i dont see any value in bringing parker back, even for the vet min.

i mean why... so every now and again he can have a throwback 12 point performance off the bench? he doesnt have a specialty. he doesn't give spacing, doesn't penetrate, doesn't do anything on defense. just have to hope he nails 2 point jumpers off screens?

he just got paid 15 mil or whatever this season. that's his legacy/loyalty farewell check imo

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 12:41 PM
i dont see any value in bringing parker back, even for the vet min
same.

his PER after two playoff games is -11.3...

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:05 PM
I think the writing is on the wall. TP accepted a bench role graciously and he’s been basically benched in the playoffs. There is not big money coming his way.

I could see him back if things go awry and giving him money does not change the course; like if they tank. Also if they lose Kawhi & Manu retires I can see Pop not wanting all leadership gone. Hell, CLE brought Perkins back :lol

But money is not coming TPS way imo. At least not any money that matters based on any moves SA wants to make.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 08:16 PM
During his exit interview pop might be trying to talk him into retirement. The people around him should. Made a lot of money, won championships, is not starting anymore. There really is no point for him to go on. He is not good enough to start on any team.
He’s not good enough to come off the bench for anything but a bad team and those teams usually prefer to play inexperienced youth to develop assets. He’s a minimum contract vet and that’s only bc I am sure Pop values his experience and hopes he can mentor Dijon, White or whomever they get next season. Point is, that’s not fun if he’s not playing and he’s only getting token minutes right now in a very, very bad guard rotation. He really needs to retire.

gambit1990
04-22-2018, 11:05 AM
there’s no way he’s retiring :rolleyes

Chinook
04-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Depending on what the team's off-season plans are, I could see Tony taking a one-year min or RE deal to see if another year away from his injury will help. If he gets better, he'll get his two-year retirement deal. If he doesn't, he'll spend a final season as the third PG then hang them up.

K...
04-22-2018, 12:32 PM
there’s no way he’s retiring :rolleyes

ok he can play in europe. i'll allow it. It's all about what the spurs offer and whether he wants that ridiculous 20 year record.

Kawhitstorm
04-22-2018, 05:09 PM
He could be the doughnut boy while smashing Becky & whomever's wife on the side

gambit1990
04-25-2018, 12:18 AM
hang it up and takes forbes with you.

gambit1990
04-27-2018, 02:12 PM
hoophype's top 2018 PG free agents:

1. cp3
2. IT
3. payton
4. rondo
5. fred vanvleet
6. lin
7. milos
8. napier
9. cojo
10. tony
11. exum
12. yogi ferrell

https://hoopshype.com/2018/04/22/nba-free-agency-2018-point-guards/

i would take everyone on the list over tony. not big on IT's height/drama but i think he'll have a better season next year. would risk potential drama with rondo too...

really want cp3 or milos. neither is likely to happen. milos has a player option for like, ~$6 million next season. would be cool if he opted out.

superbigtime
04-27-2018, 03:51 PM
hang it up and takes forbes with you.

And Pau. And Mills. And B Paul. And Danny.

Brunodf
04-27-2018, 07:53 PM
3yrs/9mil would be fair tbh but they probably will give him twice that

gambit1990
05-08-2018, 03:19 PM
https://player.fm/series/locked-on-spurs-1692719/locked-on-spurs-5318-should-the-spurs-re-sign-tony-parker

nothing new but i'm glad more people are coming around to the idea of letting him go.

in the POs he averaged: 6.6 points on 38% shooting, and 1.2 assists... offensive rating was 80 :lol

dude is done... please let someone else sign him.

spurraider21
05-08-2018, 03:24 PM
3yrs/9mil would be fair tbh
:lmao

spurraider21
05-08-2018, 03:24 PM
dude can barely play anymore, even in limited minutes, and you think a 3 year deal is fair? dude just got paid 15 mil this past season to do nothing.

daslicer
05-08-2018, 03:45 PM
He's in the Robert Parish stage of his career which is he's washed up but will stick around collecting pay checks.

DMC
05-08-2018, 04:54 PM
As long as anyone pays to see him play, they'll pay him.

tmtcsc
05-08-2018, 05:19 PM
3yrs/9mil would be fair tbh but they probably will give him twice that

Ladies & Gentlemen, a few words from Bishop Bullwinkle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QxIIz1yEsA?t=38s

SPURt
05-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Can the Spurs split the difference between Nick Collison and the Coyote?

Play Boban
05-08-2018, 05:43 PM
Would love t bring in Milos for the return of the beautiful game. :wow

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-08-2018, 06:32 PM
3yrs/$48M seems to be our going rate for washed up player loyalty contracts.

Do it Pop!!

gambit1990
05-08-2018, 08:40 PM
he sounds more likely to leave than td and manu at this point in their careers.

hard for me to imagine what teams would be interested in him.

maybe he can bamboozle jordan? the raptors? fizdale? don't really see quin snyder or sean marks being interested in him for the kind of $ tony would want.

alpha_HaZE
05-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Vet's min, at best.

gambit1990
06-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Four (plus one) potential Tony Parker landing spots in free agency

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/05/tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-free-agency/

-bucks
-6ers
-cavs
-spurs
-asvel

gambit1990
07-02-2018, 03:10 PM
According to L’Equipe and BasketUSA.com (http://www.basketusa.com/news/506852/charlotte-et-denver-sur-la-piste-de-tony-parker/), the Charlotte Hornets (http://swarmandsting.com/) are one of five or six teams who have positioned themselves to convince Tony Parker to sign with them. One other team is the Denver Nuggets (http://nugglove.com/) but it’s unclear who else is targeting the four-time NBA Champion. With the Queen City team looking to add another ball-handler, it makes sense as to why they are linked to Tony.

Parker is an unrestricted free agent this summer. He could re-sign with the San Antonio Spurs (http://airalamo.com/) but it’s looking like other teams want to land him this offseason. The report adds that he is searching for a two-year deal worth about $6-7 million per year which could be in Charlotte’s price range.

https://swarmandsting.com/2018/07/02/rumor-charlotte-hornets-in-position-to-land-tony-parker/

makes sense the hornets would want tony... jordan has an eye for talent :lol

sasaint
07-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Do it, MJ!

DAF86
07-02-2018, 03:23 PM
It seems weird that PATFO already signed two guys but there's no news about Tony.

John B
07-02-2018, 03:32 PM
vets min Tony or maybe he’s finding a way out in case Kawhi comes back

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-02-2018, 03:42 PM
It seems weird that PATFO already signed two guys but there's no news about Tony.

Doesn't feel that weird to me. My guess is they're waiting to see what they have left that ownership is comfortable paying and then he gets a thank you deal that will make us all cringe.

gambit1990
07-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Doesn't feel that weird to me. My guess is they're waiting to see what they have left that ownership is comfortable paying and then he gets a thank you deal that will make us all cringe.
:lol
:depressed

tmtcsc
07-02-2018, 04:47 PM

Please no...God no. He needs to go.

pad300
07-02-2018, 04:51 PM

Provided it's a 1 year deal like Manu's $14 Million, well, I suspect that this season is Kawhi'ed anyhow...

Keepin' it real
07-02-2018, 04:52 PM
3 years, $30 million

Marcus Bryant
07-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Probably 2 years, no idea on amount.

007nites
07-02-2018, 05:06 PM
3 years, $30 million

3 years, $36 million. Last year player option.

kaji157
07-02-2018, 05:09 PM
If he really wants to play 20 years in the NBA, and loves Pop and the Spurs so much, he has to go to the Lakers, and fuck all their wives.

gambit1990
07-02-2018, 05:09 PM
i could’ve seen him sign with the lakers if it wasn’t for rondo.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2018, 05:10 PM
i could’ve seen him sign with the lakers if it wasn’t for rondo.

And Kawhi:lol Lakers wouldn't risk losing Kawhi just to sign one of the worst PGs in the NBA..

baseline bum
07-02-2018, 05:12 PM
I don't care, max him, this is another lost season anyways.

gambit1990
07-03-2018, 01:11 PM
magic rumored to have interest in tony. but it seems like they might sign IT instead.

Brazil
07-03-2018, 01:17 PM
he will sign for more than Cousins tbh...

TimDunkem
07-03-2018, 01:29 PM
He isn't worth even the minimum.

ducks
07-03-2018, 01:30 PM
He isn't worth even the minimum.

worth more then kerr and he is getting paid 10 million or more to coach 5 allstars

TimDunkem
07-03-2018, 01:31 PM
worth more then kerr and he is getting paid 10 million or more to coach 5 allstars

Kerr isn't being asked to play PG.

ducks
07-03-2018, 01:33 PM
tp will be brought back to mental not actually play tons of minutes

gambit1990
07-03-2018, 05:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhNcxa_X0AEYepB.jpg:small

spurraider21
07-03-2018, 05:13 PM
those look wonderful tbh

do it mitch

BackHome
07-03-2018, 05:15 PM
He is looking for a 3 year deal 6 mill a year I would take a ducking pass on that.

cd98
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM

Parker looks like he'd be more comfortable playing for the mile high club.

SASdynasty!
07-03-2018, 07:14 PM
he will sign for more than Cousins tbh...

As he should...routinely torched that loser. Wow a FMVP who led his team to multiple championships is getting paid more than a stat-padder on bottom feeders.

bklynspursfan
07-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Charlotte would make sense if he does leave with his familiarity with Batum and James Borrego

ElNono
07-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Charlotte seems befitting to his current stature as a player, tbh

NASpurs
07-04-2018, 01:18 AM

dabom
07-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Trying to get that Manu/Sixers deal. :lol

sasaint
07-04-2018, 01:01 PM

I have never thought of Tony as the mentoring type, so this narrative distresses me.

Leetonidas
07-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Borrego during work. Please take TP. At least he'll be playing with a former coach

gambit1990
07-04-2018, 02:15 PM
yeah, i don’t really see tony as a mentor type. what’s he gonna do, tell murray to dribble more?

DAF86
07-04-2018, 02:31 PM
yeah, i don’t really see tony as a mentor type. what’s he gonna do, tell murray to dribble more?

I bet he has some killer sexting tips.

slick'81
07-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Love you tp but youre not needed here anymore

2 yr/10 mil

kobyz
07-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Warriors needs a backup pg...

Ron Swanson
07-04-2018, 02:47 PM
those look wonderful tbh

do it mitch

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1132648/lakersgm.gif

pad300
07-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Teach DJ to break a man off the dribble in the half-court offence? Improve his tear-drop floater?

BackHome
07-04-2018, 04:10 PM
That’s just a nice way will sign you to minum contract with no guarantee on minutes if you want more we’re ok you signing with another team. All things must end and Tony’s time has come I wish him the best in his next chapter in life.

baseline bum
07-04-2018, 04:32 PM

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Warriors needs a backup pg...

Did Livingston retire?

SASdynasty!
07-04-2018, 04:47 PM
“Here’s how you sweep Lebron, win FMVP, rack up 4 titles, and become the winningest player of all time.”

CosmicCowboy
07-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Spurs: Tony, good news is we are retiring your jersey this fall.

Bad news is we traded you to charlotte for a 2022 second round and a bag of peanuts.

gambit1990
07-04-2018, 05:12 PM
denver might go vet min for backup pg so hornets seem more likely. hornets have the $6 to $8 million a year that tony is rumored to be looking for.

bdictjames
07-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Give him a Manu type of deal, it's only fair, guy spent his career with us.

SASdynasty!
07-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Give him a Manu type of deal, it's only fair, guy spent his career with us.
And Parker actually started.

gambit1990
07-04-2018, 05:51 PM
spurs want him back so he can insult more people with injuries.

BackHome
07-04-2018, 07:39 PM
oh my little ANTIFA i miss you so...:whine

daslicer
07-04-2018, 07:50 PM
spurs want him back so he can insult more people with injuries.

Cris Carter said yesterday that Parker's insult is not the reason why Kawhi wants to leave. It's documented that Cris' former agent represents Kawhi so Cris is the official mouthpiece of Kawhi's group. It's clear with what Cris said that Kawh's group was looking for whatever excuse they could use to get Kawhi out of SA. Now with a huge probability of Parker not being re-signed their old excuse doesn't work anymore so they are trying to come up with a new excuse.

apalisoc_9
07-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Why do spursfans have trouble giving tony a slight overpay when they never had the same prpblem with Manu?

He is the spurs all time PG too

SAGirl
07-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Why do spursfans have trouble giving tony a slight overpay when they never had the same prpblem with Manu?

He is the spurs all time PG too

Frankly at this point, it doesn't matter what he's paid. The Spurs are hard capped and can't go out and get anyone different unless there is a trade. He probably is getting a short term deal. I really only care that he doesn't take playing time from guys like White.

barbacoataco
07-05-2018, 08:04 PM
I think Parker is done, in a way that Ginobili never has been. Once Parker lost his speed that was a huge part of his game. He doesn't have the playmaking ability or 3-pt shooting that Manu does.

Overall I'm ready to move on from Parker, and he's one of my favorite all-time Spurs. But I'd like to see Ginobili back if he still wants to play. He brought the magic many times last year, and I think he can still contribute bursts of energy in stretches.

gambit1990
07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
because manu still contributes.

tony's VORP last year was -0.6. just awful. manu's was 0.3.

oh, last season manu also had a better PER, TS%, OWS, DWS, WS, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM.

gambit1990
07-06-2018, 02:07 PM

NASpurs
07-06-2018, 02:20 PM
I mean, you put 1 and 1 together and it seems like Parker's gone.

Mugen
07-06-2018, 02:22 PM
:lobt2:

DAF86
07-06-2018, 02:22 PM

Rondo and Ball. Why the fuck would Magic want a third PG that can't shoot? :lol

Edit: Sorry, I read "Kupchak" and immediately thought of Lakers. :lol

lmbebo
07-06-2018, 02:24 PM
I bet Tony gets a contract once done with the Hornets so he can officially retire a Spur, ala Pierce.

bklynspursfan
07-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Charlotte would make sense if he does leave with his familiarity with Batum and James Borrego

Couldn't see him elsewhere unless there was a certain comfort level and assurance of playing time. Charlotte made the most sense. All the best TP