PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Pop talking about Trump?

JohnnyMax
03-28-2018, 02:57 PM
Let your voice be heard

Dex
03-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. Pop is entitled to his opinion like anybody else; he just happens to have a microphone stuck in his face on a daily basis.

TrainOfThought5
03-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Decisive numbers so far.

K...
03-28-2018, 03:04 PM
The resistance will not be cancelled just because the Spurs miss the 50 win Mark.

ducks
03-28-2018, 03:06 PM
Think he is wasting spurs time when he is paid to talk about basketball
If he wants to talk about trump call fox or cnn they would love to have him on

Spurtacular
03-28-2018, 03:08 PM
I'm amused by the rants; but I think it's ultimately unprofessional to bring his hyper politics to a venue that should be free of such worldly cares.

spurraider21
03-28-2018, 03:09 PM
indifferent

jack del rio would retweet hannity all the time, still liked him as a coach

lmbebo
03-28-2018, 03:11 PM
He can speak about what he wants. If it bothered the spurs ownership group, they'd tell him to stop. If it bothered enough people to stop supporting the spurs financially, it would stop. If it bothered the nba enough, they'd intervene. Just like every NRA member likes to tout the 2nd amendment, pop is allowed to speak his mind.

You don't like it, ignore the media and ignore the spurs. That is you're right. No one is forcing you to follow the spurs, listen or read what pop says.

KDKSpurs24
03-28-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm amused by the rants; but I think it's ultimately unprofessional to bring his hyper politics to a venue that should be free of such worldly cares.
In this era with social media and everything that comes with it, people should use their platforms to speak on what they believe. He can’t get fired for it so it’s not that unprofessional (especially nowadays with what I just mentioned). Just because this would have been a worse issue years ago, doesn’t make it that way now. Times change.

KDKSpurs24
03-28-2018, 03:15 PM
He can speak about what he wants. If it bothered the spurs ownership group, they'd tell him to stop. If it bothered enough people to stop supporting the spurs financially, it would stop. If it bothered the nba enough, they'd intervene. Just like every NRA member likes to tout the 2nd amendment, pop is allowed to speak his mind.

You don't like it, ignore the media and ignore the spurs. That is you're right. No one is forcing you to follow the spurs, listen or read what pop says.
Exactly.

Mikeanaro
03-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Went too far, if he loves so much USA and want to change things he should run for governor or whatever.
If not at his age its just a lot of pathetic hypocrisy.

superbigtime
03-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Yes, I like it. It is nice to hear someone intelligent speak in an articulate manner regarding current events in our fucked up country. Pop is a learned man with a wider realm of understanding and perspective than the typical person and I would be interested in his opinion on many things.

r0drig0lac
03-28-2018, 04:27 PM
idgaf tbh.
I'm still worried about Gasol and Mills contracts, and having Forbes, Brendan and Joffrey on the roster

BackHome
03-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Pop is only talking about Trump because if he wasn’t he would be getting hounded by reporters on Kawhi not playing.

Hoops Czar
03-28-2018, 04:34 PM

Funny, he doesn't speak his mind about the Spurs unless it's in an obnoxious or condescending way but it's ok to talk for hours about a guy he acts like he knows on a personal level. Of course, he's not getting paid to talk about Trump, he is getting paid to coach and talk about basketball, none of which he's excelling at.

Lebron has a political filter as well but even he knows there's a time and place for those conversations and that time isn't during the pre and postgame of an important game in the middle of a playoff race.

Hoops Czar
03-28-2018, 04:43 PM
lol hours

Lol, add em up.

Hoops Czar
03-28-2018, 04:52 PM
hmmm 10 second sound bites times 6 equals one minute time 60 equals one hour ... nah pop hasn't given 3600 quotes on the topic.

You're only viewing the edited portions. The rest will be shown on a two hour long 30 for 30 ESPN documentary some time next year.

TDomination
03-28-2018, 04:53 PM
No. I find it funny how his answers on basketball questions are so short like "they made shots" where he can just go on and on about politics. I mean if he was on CNN or Whatever then that's great, do an interview about politics and go crazy.
But when it's after a game or during practice and he's there talking about politics instead of the team, that bugs me.

Big Empty
03-28-2018, 05:01 PM
He’s entitled to his own opinion. I voted for Trump and everytime he sais something to the media about Trump, its like scratching a chalkboard. But at the end of the day, the Spurs are family and they come first 8 days a week over a political party or figure.

TheGreatYacht
03-28-2018, 05:32 PM
I myself am offended! I tune into to the FSSW post game show to watch Matt Bonner, Ric Renner, and Andrew Monaco act like vanilla cucks, not to be insulted about my political beliefs! It used to be my favorite show after real news Info Wars, and now I can no longer support it. He better pay respect for our president in office just like we did during Hussein Obama!

I will think and pray really hard for him tonight. You know, when something bad happens in life it was god's plan and when something good happens it was because god allowed it! Everything that happens in this 6,000 year old planet is because our lord and savior wanted it that way! Amen!

TimDunkem
03-28-2018, 05:36 PM
I agree with him politically, but it's pretty frustrating watching him devote more energy to it when he's on the clock rather than talking about the game itself. It makes the notion that he could care less about his job now that much more believable.

Play Boban
03-28-2018, 08:01 PM
I hope our president starts attacking poop tbh. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet tbh.

What would Pop’s nickname be? He might actually nickname him Poop tbh. :lol

TimDunkem
03-28-2018, 08:13 PM
I hope our president starts attacking poop tbh. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet tbh.

What would Pop’s nickname be? He might actually nickname him Poop tbh. :lol
it just goes to show how irrelevant Poop is when you consider that Trump hasn't addressed him, yet will attack nobodies on Twitter while he's on the shitter in the middle of the night. :lol

Strategic
03-28-2018, 08:18 PM
His opinion on politics has no value to me.

Chillen
03-28-2018, 08:21 PM
His job is to coach Spurs basketball but yes he is entitled to his opinion. I don't care what he says about Trump but he needs to concentrate on this team instead of worrying about the political stuff all it does is create divide despite him wanting to express himself. What does bother me is players on Warriors not going to White House to celebrate an NBA title. It does not matter who is in charge of the country and wether you like them or not it's the highest honor you do it for the fallen men and woman that fought for this country in it's long history. It's of the highest disrespect imo to not man up face the president and accept it, it's one of the highest honors. That bothers me the most, not what Pop has to say about Trump. Just my 2 cents. I do agree with a poster who said Pop should go on Fox news or CNN if he wants to rant this stuff.

Play Boban
03-28-2018, 08:25 PM
it just goes to show how irrelevant Poop is when you consider that Trump hasn't addressed him, yet will attack nobodies on Twitter while he's on the shitter in the middle of the night. :lol
:lol So true :lol

tbdog
03-28-2018, 08:26 PM
The whole country needs to stop with the Trump stomps. Really, you voted him in. You made your bed, so sleep in it and make a change next election.

cd98
03-28-2018, 08:34 PM
The problem isn’t that he attacks Trump. I do that. The problem is that he is a hypocrite. The latest example was yesterday when he called Trump a coward for not attending the gun rally in DC. Funny enough, Pop didn’t attend it. But regardless, where was this gun warrior when Obama had a super majority and chose to do nothing about guns. Trump doesn’t have the numbers to steamroll gun measures even if he wanted to. But Obama did. So doesn’t that make Obama more of a coward? Let’s see Obama go to the rally and tell those kids blood is on his hands because he had a super majority and did nothing.

Spur|n|Austin
03-28-2018, 08:35 PM
Where's the "I don't give a shit" selection?

UnWantedTheory
03-28-2018, 08:44 PM
The problem isn’t that he attacks Trump. I do that. The problem is that he is a hypocrite. The latest example was yesterday when he called Trump a coward for not attending the gun rally in DC. Funny enough, Pop didn’t attend it. But regardless, where was this gun warrior when Obama had a super majority and chose to do nothing about guns. Trump doesn’t have the numbers to steamroll gun measures even if he wanted to. But Obama did. So doesn’t that make Obama more of a coward? Let’s see Obama go to the rally and tell those kids blood is on his hands because he had a super majority and did nothing.

Obama only had a super majority for essentially four months give or take due to illness, death, contesting seats, etc.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/pages/when-obama-had-total-control-of-congress

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-m-granholm/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929869.html

UnWantedTheory
03-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Where's the "I don't give a shit" selection?
In another thread with people commenting on something that isn't this.

HarlemHeat37
03-28-2018, 08:59 PM
I agree with Pop's politics for the most part and the reactions he elicits from Trump supporters is comedy(especially on this forum), but I agree that he's a hypocrite and his attitude towards basketball questions is tiresome..

It would be different if he was the type to answer anything he's asked(both hoops-related and anything else), but he clearly isn't..it's especially funny since the SA media is arguably the easiest to deal with among all NBA teams:lol

cd98
03-28-2018, 09:01 PM
Obama only had a super majority for essentially four months give or take due to illness, death, contesting seats, etc.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/pages/when-obama-had-total-control-of-congress

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-m-granholm/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929869.html

Well he passed Obamacare. That was a massive bill. He could easily have banned AR-15s. He didn’t bc he feared losing red state dems seats. That would be a coward under Pop’s definition.

offset formation
03-28-2018, 09:15 PM
Well he passed Obamacare. That was a massive bill. He could easily have banned AR-15s. He didn’t bc he feared losing red state dems seats. That would be a coward under Pop’s definition.

Priorities, man. You don't get to do multiple things at the same time in DC. Learn politics. Healthcare reform or the idea of making everyone have coverage is as old as FDR.

Gun reform is relatively new. Hell, even in the 80s, the NRA was less insane than they are now. This is relatively new.

cd98
03-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Priorities, man. You don't get to do multiple things at the same time in DC. Learn politics. Healthcare reform or the idea of making everyone have coverage is as old as FDR.

Gun reform is relatively new. Hell, even in the 80s, the NRA was less insane than they are now. This is relatively new.

He he never made banning the AR-15 a priority because he knew it would hurt politically. That’s fine. But don’t walk around attacking Trump and the NRA when you have no intent on doing anything other than using it to demonize the other party. That’s my point. It’s hypocritical.

ismael-robert
03-28-2018, 09:41 PM
He should shut up and coach

tmtcsc
03-28-2018, 09:42 PM
No. I don't like hearing about Trump in any forum - even if he's being criticized. I think he's a narcissistic idiot but I'd rather Pop just STFU about it.

DAF86
03-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Where's the "I don't give a fuck" option?

cd98
03-28-2018, 09:48 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

ill leave this here

Silly for two reasons. One, the bill which never came into effect, even under Obama was tailored to prohibit guns from getting to a class of “mentally ill” people that have no history of gun violence of any kind. Even the ACLU agreed with Trump. Just another one of those dumb laws that do nothing other than show you are “doing something.”

Second, whatever Trump does or doesn’t do with gun reform, Obama did nothing either but lip service after Sandy Hook. It’s hypocritical to attack Teunp without acknowledging that Obama had opportunities but would not act because it would hurt him politically.

diego
03-28-2018, 11:37 PM
Silly for two reasons. One, the bill which never came into effect, even under Obama was tailored to prohibit guns from getting to a class of “mentally ill” people that have no history of gun violence of any kind. Even the ACLU agreed with Trump. Just another one of those dumb laws that do nothing other than show you are “doing something.”

Second, whatever Trump does or doesn’t do with gun reform, Obama did nothing either but lip service after Sandy Hook. It’s hypocritical to attack Teunp without acknowledging that Obama had opportunities but would not act because it would hurt him politically.

dude, you are literally accusing obama of doing nothing, when he did do something, which was later revoked by trump. and even if obama didnt do anything (remember, he did, but lets play out the hypothetical), pop didnt start calling trump a coward because of guns, he called him a coward for lying about being the only president to contact the families of dead soldiers (and more in general, for lying to inflate his own ego).

if you are going to say obama was equal to trump on gun policy, please show me an article like the one just posted with the word "the NRA applauded president Obama" , just because he didnt get something done doesnt mean he didnt want to and it certainly doesnt mean he's the same as trump, neither in his political stance nor public behavior.

Trill Clinton
03-28-2018, 11:54 PM
Yes, I like it. It is nice to hear someone intelligent speak in an articulate manner regarding current events in our fucked up country. Pop is a learned man with a wider realm of understanding and perspective than the typical person and I would be interested in his opinion on many things.

Arcadian
03-29-2018, 12:56 AM
IDGAF

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 03:34 AM
/thread

trump gives trash a bad name.

people being so bothered by him voicing his opinion on a matter so much more important than basketball :lol

“he should coach instead of talk politics”, stfu and get over yourself. let me guess, you watch fox news and think lebron should shut up and dribble too? fuck off trump voter. you are a stain on this country’s history.

Chillen
03-29-2018, 04:49 AM
how is a sports team going to the white house about the military?

It's called being a patriot. Instead of being a little whiner and not showing up. Yes, it's a free country and they have that right but it's the highest honor and they turned it down because of Trump being the president. All it does is create more divide when players do that. If Obama or Hillary was there they would show up.

cd021
03-29-2018, 07:40 AM
hmmm 10 second sound bites times 6 equals one minute time 60 equals one hour ... nah pop hasn't given 3600 quotes on the topic.

You did the math :lol

cd98
03-29-2018, 07:46 AM
“President Barack Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead.”

- obama did something
- (gop congress did block/would’ve blocked Anything else obama would do)
- trump undid it
- obama isnt potus anymore trump is (window for “thanks obama” is all but shut”)

but you know :cry maga :cry
:cry triggered :cry mah american guns america :cry

Obama used gun control as an means of demonizing republicans. When he had the chance, he did nothing. You can defend him all you want, but you can’t hide the fact that he spent no political capital on gun reform. Period.

cd98
03-29-2018, 07:51 AM
dude, you are literally accusing obama of doing nothing, when he did do something, which was later revoked by trump. and even if obama didnt do anything (remember, he did, but lets play out the hypothetical), pop didnt start calling trump a coward because of guns, he called him a coward for lying about being the only president to contact the families of dead soldiers (and more in general, for lying to inflate his own ego).

if you are going to say obama was equal to trump on gun policy, please show me an article like the one just posted with the word "the NRA applauded president Obama" , just because he didnt get something done doesnt mean he didnt want to and it certainly doesnt mean he's the same as trump, neither in his political stance nor public behavior.

You need a person writing an article to teach you how to think? Look at the Obama bill. Don’t read an article. It was aimed at a small class on nonviolent mentally ill people that have no link to any gun violence. It was window dressing to fool people like you into thinking he was “doing something.” Again, I don’t blame Obama for playing political games on the electorate. Republicans do it too. I just can’t stand the hypocrisy of condemning Trump (who I dislike personally) when Obama has the same unclean hands.

diego
03-29-2018, 08:15 AM
You need a person writing an article to teach you how to think? Look at the Obama bill. Don’t read an article. It was aimed at a small class on nonviolent mentally ill people that have no link to any gun violence. It was window dressing to fool people like you into thinking he was “doing something.” Again, I don’t blame Obama for playing political games on the electorate. Republicans do it too. I just can’t stand the hypocrisy of condemning Trump (who I dislike personally) when Obama has the same unclean hands.

Not the same unclean hands. There is nuance. NrA, gun nuts spent 8 years crying about Obama coming to take their guns, meanwhile in one year they are applauding Trump for removing regulations. Obama didn't do enough, what Trump has done IS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Not the same at all

And Mr critical thinker still didn't grasp why pop called him a coward, let me quote it so you can explain what Obama did that was similar that pop should have called him a coward over:

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this president had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never-ending divisiveness,” Popovich told Zirin. “But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families are so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

Popovich also spoke of his contempt for Trump’s inner circle. “This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner– and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers – is as low as it gets,” Popovich added.

“We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it.”

Where is pop wrong here?

diego
03-29-2018, 08:16 AM

Oh, and please show me Republican lip service / window dressing for gun control, I'd love to see it!

monkeypunk
03-29-2018, 08:52 AM
I think he is using his platform to say things that need to be shouted from the rooftops and I commend him. He understands that life isn't just about work but helping the people around you to become better people not beating them down for your own personal benefit.

And as others have said, I love how it makes you snowflakes quiver with anger that someone is calling you out for being the racists you pretend you aren't. The truth hurts for a reason.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 09:32 AM
The whole country needs to stop with the Trump stomps. Really, you voted him in. You made your bed, so sleep in it and make a change next election.

There will be no change. The economy is humming; media can hype their drama all they want; it won't matter.

cd98
03-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Not the same unclean hands. There is nuance. NrA, gun nuts spent 8 years crying about Obama coming to take their guns, meanwhile in one year they are applauding Trump for removing regulations. Obama didn't do enough, what Trump has done IS IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Not the same at all

And Mr critical thinker still didn't grasp why pop called him a coward, let me quote it so you can explain what Obama did that was similar that pop should have called him a coward over:

Where is pop wrong here?

I'm not a Trump advocate, so you're wasting your time trying to convince me that he isn't presidential. But if you think that Obama using demonizing rhetoric to get votes from far left Dems while opting to do nothing about gun control for fear of losing seats in Congress is any difference in substance than Trump not doing anything to limit gun rights because it would hurt him politically, then you truly are only seeing things through your partisan lens.

cd98
03-29-2018, 09:39 AM
Oh, and please show me Republican lip service / window dressing for gun control, I'd love to see it!

No. Republicans claim that they are for reigning in government and controlling spending. They campaigned for years on a repeal of Obamacare. But once they took control of the presidency and Congress, not only could they not get their party to vote for repeal, but they admitted that they had no better plan all along. They were just attacking Obamacare for votes. And now they've signed a spending bill that Dems wouldn't even propose if in power, at least not with a straight face. So no, Republicans aren't giving lip service to gun control, like the Dems, but they are giving lip service to other policies to try and get votes.

cd98
03-29-2018, 09:45 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/jan/06/congress-blocked-obama-call-gun-control-mass-shoot/

--
Obama couldn’t institute another ban without Congress, but he could still strengthen existing laws. (He had promised to "enforce the laws we’ve already got" during his re-election campaign. We rated that a Promise Kept (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/1117/better-enforce-gun-laws/).) He included the ban as part of a sweeping set of suggested legislation and 23 executive actions he announced in January 2013 (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/16/obama-to-announce-gun-control-proposals-shortly/).
His plan to reduce gun violence (https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/preventing-gun-violence#what-we-can-do) included a focus on mental health treatment, limiting magazine sizes, strengthening background checks and restarting federal gun research that had been frozen for years. Obama issued further actions on medical histories in background checks in 2014 (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/03/obama-announces-gun-control-actions/).

"There is little more that Obama could have done on gun control," UCLA constitutional law professor Adam Winkler said. "The president's power is limited, and the NRA wrote the laws to restrict what the executive can do."
--

"There were some really smart ways for an administration to do what it could without new gun laws," Heyne said. "The president really used the bully pulpit as best he could with a Congress stuck in unprecedented gridlock."
Whether any of Obama’s actions remain in place is up to the next president, Republican Donald Trump.
"Obama's executive actions on guns are likely to be reversed quickly," Winkler said. "The NRA has close ties to Trump and the organization is eager to reverse Obama's reforms."

---

:cry demonizing :cry

Fast and Furious...Love Politifact, a left leaning fact check group. Bravo. Obama could have gotten gun control legislation passed in the early part of his term, but he didn't want to do it because he knew it would play bad politically. As a law school graduate, I am well aware of the views of constitutional law professors and they are definitely far left leaning. So I wouldn't take a left leaning person's word as gospel like you do. But that said, if you think Obama didn't use gun control solely as a political weapon against Republicans, show me where he demonized red state democrats. I don't think you'll find any "articles" on that.

buttsR4rebounding
03-29-2018, 10:14 AM
Everything has so much politics anymore. I use sports (and this forum) as an escape from that bullshit. All politicians are the same--out to empower themselves and their party. If that happens to help the country that's okay, but it is just a coincidental byproduct. Give me term limits for politicians and disallow federal employees from unionizing and our country would be way better off. So Pop should just use his mouth to suck off Kawhi until he gets his ass back on the court and stop talking politics.

offset formation
03-29-2018, 10:23 AM
I'm not a Trump advocate, so you're wasting your time trying to convince me that he isn't presidential. But if you think that Obama using demonizing rhetoric to get votes from far left Dems while opting to do nothing about gun control for fear of losing seats in Congress is any difference in substance than Trump not doing anything to limit gun rights because it would hurt him politically, then you truly are only seeing things through your partisan lens.

Demonizing rhetoric? GTFOH.

cd98
03-29-2018, 10:30 AM
Everything has so much politics anymore. I use sports (and this forum) as an escape from that bullshit. All politicians are the same--out to empower themselves and their party. If that happens to help the country that's okay, but it is just a coincidental byproduct. Give me term limits for politicians and disallow federal employees from unionizing and our country would be way better off. So Pop should just use his mouth to suck off Kawhi until he gets his ass back on the court and stop talking politics.

Politics are big business. They make a lot of money and have a lot of power. The funny thing is watching people believe that everything their party does is right and principled. It’s all a scam and most people don’t see it because they think a politician really cares about the issues.

offset formation
03-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Politics are big business. They make a lot of money and have a lot of power. The funny thing is watching people believe that everything their party does is right and principled. It’s all a scam and most people don’t see it because they think a politician really cares about the issues.

Some politicians do care. Just because the ones you vote for don't, shouldn't allow for the write-off of all of them.

Tell me Obama didn't believe, viscerally so, in getting stricter gun laws enacted after watching his press conference in the wake of Sandy Hook.

mienhmario
03-29-2018, 10:57 AM

I agree that the whole system is a scam. A capitalism in itself is a scam that only benefits the few. I agree with pop that since they have a voice and spotlight, they use it to make our voices heard(the many that does not have a lot of money which are people who make <$370k). I am a socialist at heart and Democrats get a pass for me cause they are the only party that do do things for the lower and middle class. Republicans are evil as furk. Republicans are all about the money for there donors, which are corporations and rich few. It’s pathetic that many do not recognize this.

tholdren
03-29-2018, 12:20 PM

Lol why would potus respond to a nba coach? Hes maga

dbestpro
03-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Pop talking about Trump means he ain't talking about basketball, which means he ain't doing his job. Ya'll want Pop to talk about Trump then you don't care much about the Spurs.

widowmaker
03-29-2018, 05:17 PM
Wheres the dont care button? He can talk about whatever he wishes this is the United States of America its called freedom of speach.

BackHome
03-29-2018, 08:40 PM
Wheres the dont care button? He can talk about whatever he wishes this is the United States of America its called freedom of speach.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do it.

Uriel
03-29-2018, 09:05 PM
I like Pop and I agree with almost everything he says on politics. But given the difficult season we've had, I sometimes wish he would just stick to basketball.

offset formation
03-29-2018, 09:14 PM
There will be no change. The economy is humming; media can hype their drama all they want; it won't matter.

Very doubtful that it will be in 3 years. Evidently you forget what trickle down economics does to the debt. Add in the 1.3 trillion dollar budget he just signed which will include hundreds of billions more in deficit increases over current values.

I swear you Republicans never learn. Definition of insanity and all.

Oh and BTW, he's going down for one or more of the following crimes: racketeering, criminal conspiracy, laundering, treason, or general douchbaggery. He won't even be on the ballot in 3 years. That's a guarantee I'd put money behind.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 10:28 PM
Very doubtful that it will be in 3 years. Evidently you forget what trickle down economics does to the debt. Add in the 1.3 trillion dollar budget he just signed which will include hundreds of billions more in deficit increases over current values.

I swear you Republicans never learn. Definition of insanity and all.

Oh and BTW, he's going down for one or more of the following crimes: racketeering, criminal conspiracy, laundering, treason, or general douchbaggery. He won't even be on the ballot in 3 years. That's a guarantee I'd put money behind.

:lol You gave us doubts in the primaries too.
:lol Obama out and suddenly debt is crushing.
:lol Trump doing what Democrats want and you swear Republicans will never learn.
:lol Hyper-partisan hack.
:lol Crying about 'Trump crimes'.
:lol Internet tough guy act to cap it off.

offset formation
03-29-2018, 10:37 PM
:lol You gave us doubts in the primaries too.
:lol Obama out and suddenly debt is crushing.
:lol Trump doing what Democrats want and you swear Republicans will never learn.
:lol Hyper-partisan hack.
:lol Crying about 'Trump crimes'.
:lol Internet tough guy act to cap it off.

And if it weren't for an antiquated election system, we wouldn't be suffering through this asshat. 3 million is greater than zero.

Debt is rising, numnuts. It was falling for 6 straight years under Obama, while adding 15-20 million more insured folks to the rolls. Now fewer people have it, but the rich got millions more in tax cuts. That's why this debt is crushing. Do try to keep up. And speaking of hacks, that's what I call people that get played yet do the bidding of their masters.

What precisely is the Mango Mussolini doing that Dems like?

And far from crying about his crimes, I'm ecstatic that we won't have to deal with him for much more than about 8-10 months longer. He's going down. Laugh it off all you want. And when it happens, look no further than the Apricot Abomination for the reason.

If you consider that a tough guy act, wait until Mueller shows the Trumpers his tough guy act.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 10:40 PM
And if it weren't for an antiquated election system, we wouldn't be suffering through this asshat. 3 million is greater than zero.

Debt is rising, numnuts. It was falling for 6 straight years under Obama. That's why this debt is crushing. Do try to keep up.

What precisely is the Mango Mussolini doing that Dems like?

Not crying about his crimes. Happy that we won't have to deal with him for much more than about 8-10 months. He's going down. Laugh it off all you want.

If you consider that a tough guy act, wait until Mueller shows the Trumpers his tough guy act.

Dipshit doesn't know the difference between debt and deficit. :lmao

offset formation
03-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Dipshit doesn't know the difference between debt and deficit. :lmao

Know it exactly. Simply used the wrong descriptor in the first part of that paragraph.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Trump is a fucking lunatic and a disgrace, so frankly anybody talking shit about him makes me happy.

MaNu4Tres
03-29-2018, 11:17 PM
Don't mind it.

Considering the local media guys ask the same questions 82 games a year.

BD24
03-29-2018, 11:22 PM
Looks like the yea’s have it. We are playing by electoral college rules right?

cd021
03-29-2018, 11:26 PM
There were 30 illegals voting yes tbh, no's could've won in a landslide tbh. :lol

cd021
03-29-2018, 11:28 PM

Sure, but the same can be said about quite a few things that Trump does tbh.

BD24
03-29-2018, 11:31 PM
There were 30 illegals voting yes tbh, no's could've won in a landslide tbh. :lol
Damn it, will launch an investigation asap

cd98
03-30-2018, 12:36 AM
lmao “left leaning”
:cry facts are left leaning :cry

It’s funny because I forgot I was dealing with people so naive about the real world that that they don’t know facts are relative and constantly spun in narratives. The political profession is full of fact spinners. And most of the “fact checking” sites are run By people that have an agenda or at least a biased worldview. But if you are naive about it, then you read things that conform with your political view without any scrutiny.

offset formation
03-30-2018, 12:40 AM
Fake news, huh?

Spurtacular
03-30-2018, 01:55 AM

The illegals get to vote; so, maybe you should stick with the popular vote.

ElNono
03-30-2018, 02:07 AM
I love Pop talking about anything and everything, tbh... that's what makes America truly great...

cd98
03-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Fake news, huh?

No, fake news is making up stories or sensationalizing stories. Spinning facts is an old political game. Spinning facts is to tell them in a narrative that supports your point of view. An example of fact spinning would be the movie coming out Chappaquiddick. The facts are Kennedy picked up a women that wasn’t his wife, they got drunk, he drove into a lake, she drowned while he swam to safety and then waited hours to call the cops. But how you tell the story can determine if you think the guy was a criminal or negligent, or without fault.

bigfan
03-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Pop is smart enough to separate coaching from politics, I don't worry about that at all. I believe what he says is important. He has paid his dues in the military and is sharp as a tack. He works with guys who come from all sorts of backgrounds and has learned a lot from them. He can articulate his thoughts on complex issues better than most I've heard. I know he won't but I would love to see him take up politics after his coaching days. For those that don't agree with his politics, I say listen anyway. You wont hear better arguments or even discussions.

Galileo
03-30-2018, 08:30 AM
Pop jinxed the Spurs this season. They became bewitched when he denounced President Trump. 50-win season down tubes.

offset formation
03-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Pop jinxed the Spurs this season. They became bewitched when he denounced President Trump. 50-win season down tubes.

Yeah, *that's* what happened.

bigfan
03-30-2018, 08:54 AM

I believe the lens cap is still on the end of your telescope. ;)

ducks
03-30-2018, 09:18 AM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/29543121_1687280017987535_4098757308957456317_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=678817b341503018b562f91770a48127&oe=5B3A3746

BD24
03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Right wing logic, protect our rights! Unless of course it’s the first amendment right being used in a way we don’t like, then fuck that shit

sammy
03-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Pop has a right to his opinion! Freedom of Speech and First Amendment Rights! He as a military man has that right more than anyone to speak out on that corrupt traitor in the WH! Pop speaks the truth so I support his right to free speech!

sammy
03-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Right wing logic, protect our rights! Unless of course it’s the first amendment right being used in a way we don’t like, then fuck that shit

Agree! Great Post!:toast

cd98
03-30-2018, 12:50 PM

Actually both parties are that way. If you remember, leftist students are organizing to keep far right speakers out of public venues because they disagree with their views.

That said, If the Spurs or fans want Pop to stop talking, that’s not a first amendment issue. It is a first amendment issue if the government tries to stop you from speaking.

widowmaker
03-30-2018, 03:39 PM

Freedom of speach. Talking about something having the liberty to vioce your opinion is every Americans right to do. Doing something in regards to an “action” then yes you are correct.

xellos88330
03-30-2018, 11:28 PM
He can talk about it, but I don't like it. I prefer he stick with basketball. I would react just the same if it were any other president or political question. Just stick to basketball. I watch basketball for basketball, not politics.

dbestpro
03-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Pop served 5 years in the Air Force playing with the U.S. Armed Forces Basketball Team. It's not like he was special forces or even a medic. He gets credit for serving, but its laughable when people talk about him like a military hero. I served 8 years in the army, and Pop gets way too much credit verses people who have served in the trenches.