PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Injury Report vs. OKC- LA Questionable

diceman
03-28-2018, 03:03 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge questionable for OKC tomorrow with left knee contusion.

Kawhi Leonard remains out (injury return management)

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung

Looks like knee isn't serious.......

Leetonidas
03-28-2018, 06:23 PM
I saw a report he was getting an mri on the knee today. Any updates? I'm surprised this is really the only thread about the injury really

cd98
03-28-2018, 06:31 PM
I saw a report he was getting an mri on the knee today. Any updates? I'm surprised this is really the only thread about the injury really

Now that it is painfully obvious that Kawhi isn't coming back to save us for the playoffs, I think people are more or less indifferent about what happens at this point. For some, they are probably mad that LMA stopped us from having a lottery pick.

SAGirl
03-28-2018, 06:32 PM
I assume that if he's questionable it's bc his mri came out good.

Stabula
03-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Now that it is painfully obvious that Kawhi isn't coming back to save us for the playoffs, I think people are more or less indifferent about what happens at this point. For some, they are probably mad that LMA stopped us from having a lottery pick.

I'd rather have the lottery pick as would anyone with an eye to the future but the ownership would be pissed if they missed out on playoff revenue.

diceman
03-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Per Jeff McDonald Twitter "Adding to this: Today's MRI showed no structural damage to Aldridge's knee."

"Again, considered a day-to-day thing"

https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/979116433102778368

BackHome
03-28-2018, 07:37 PM
Is that the same MRI they used to say Kawhi is cleared to play?

SAGirl
03-28-2018, 07:38 PM
Per Jeff McDonald Twitter "Adding to this: Today's MRI showed no structural damage to Aldridge's knee."

thanks for the update

phxspurfan
03-28-2018, 07:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/03/27/san-antonio-spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-suffers-left-knee-contusion

''He's been playing with that bad knee for a while now, so hopefully it's not too bad,'' guard Tony Parker said. ''We're going to need him vs. OKC.''

TP9 shittin on Kawhi in another subtle way. Love it

Thomas82
03-28-2018, 07:53 PM
This thing could be anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks.

spursistan
03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/03/27/san-antonio-spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-suffers-left-knee-contusion

''He's been playing with that bad knee for a while now, so hopefully it's not too bad,'' guard Tony Parker said. ''We're going to need him vs. OKC.''

Damn Parker HOTSing in team politics :lol..

spursistan
03-28-2018, 08:09 PM
^ Would anyone be shocked if we find out that Parker (and probably other teammates) doesn't have Kawhi phone number?

Chillen
03-28-2018, 08:25 PM
Great now back to possibly missing playoffs again, all it takes is dropping a few games it's so tight.

Leetonidas
03-28-2018, 08:31 PM

:tu thanks

exstatic
03-28-2018, 08:53 PM
I'd rather have the lottery pick as would anyone with an eye to the future but the ownership would be pissed if they missed out on playoff revenue.

The odds of moving into the top 3, the ONLY way to move up, are slim to none, so I’d rather pick 17 and make the playoffs than pick 15 and miss the playoffs.

tmtcsc
03-28-2018, 09:33 PM
^ Would anyone be shocked if we find out that Parker (and probably other teammates) doesn't have Kawhi phone number?

I'd be shocked if Kawhi has a phone. That would be a fun conversation.

phxspurfan
03-28-2018, 10:11 PM

Parker has Kawhi's GF's number :downspin:

objective
03-28-2018, 10:18 PM
Great now back to possibly missing playoffs again, all it takes is dropping a few games it's so tight.

I think the Spurs could go winless the rest of the season and still make the playoffs.

Denver and the Clippers are so trashy that I don't think they can win more than the Spurs with so few games left.

They both have hard schedules remaining. Clips now are only up 2 at the half against the Suns. Both teams are injured also.

baseline bum
03-28-2018, 10:29 PM
The odds of moving into the top 3, the ONLY way to move up, are slim to none, so I’d rather pick 17 and make the playoffs than pick 15 and miss the playoffs.

I'd rather have pick 14 than pick 21 and a first round exit. This season is lost anyways with no Leonard.

exstatic
03-28-2018, 10:42 PM
I'd rather have pick 14 than pick 21 and a first round exit. This season is lost anyways with no Leonard.

We’re not going to pick #21. If we make the playoffs, we’ll be one of the worst records, likely picking in the 16-18 range. If we miss the playoffs, we will likely have the best record in the lottery, #15 pick. You paint far too big of a contrast. It won’t be 7 picks, it will be 2 or 3. I’ll take playoffs for 500, Alex.

baseline bum
03-28-2018, 10:48 PM
We’re not going to pick #21. If we make the playoffs, we’ll be one of the worst records, likely picking in the 16-18 range. If we miss the playoffs, we will likely have the best record in the lottery, #15 pick. You paint far too big of a contrast. It won’t be 7 picks, it will be 2 or 3. I’ll take playoffs for 500, Alex.

The worst lottery pick is #14. #15 through #30 go to the 16 playoff teams. Right now the Spurs would be picking #21 and would probably pick #19 if they drop to the 7-seed. I doubt they fall below Washington, Miami, or Milwaukee.

baseline bum
03-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Fuck, Utah just lost :pctoss

Spurs still on pace for the #21 pick

MannyIsGod
03-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Fuck, Utah just lost :pctoss

Spurs still on pace for the #21 pick

I doubt you'll find much of a difference in guys picked 14-23. Especially in a fairly deep draft year. Its basically a wash.

baseline bum
03-28-2018, 11:17 PM
I doubt you'll find much of a difference in guys picked 14-23. Especially in a fairly deep draft year. Its basically a wash.

If there is one competitive advantage the Spurs have over the rest of the league it's RC in the draft. Picking #14 means he'll likely have more guys he likes still on the board vs what could be left picking #21. This season is completely lost since Leonard isn't coming back. I'd much rather have the higher pick vs getting swept by Houston or Golden State or knocked out in five or six by Portland. This season can't be over soon enough.

vander
03-28-2018, 11:19 PM

yeah I kinda like it too.

next up: some big praise for Gay for returning from a potentially career-ending injury.

objective
03-29-2018, 12:17 AM
The worst lottery pick is #14. #15 through #30 go to the 16 playoff teams. Right now the Spurs would be picking #21 and would probably pick #19 if they drop to the 7-seed. I doubt they fall below Washington, Miami, or Milwaukee.

If there is one competitive advantage the Spurs have over the rest of the league it's RC in the draft. Picking #14 means he'll likely have more guys he likes still on the board vs what could be left picking #21. This season is completely lost since Leonard isn't coming back. I'd much rather have the higher pick vs getting swept by Houston or Golden State or knocked out in five or six by Portland. This season can't be over soon enough.

I'm with you. They could even jump Indiana or Philly, New Orleans and Oklahoma.

And for what?

To watch Kawhi and White sit in suits while Mills, Parker, Forbes and Pau shit all over the court? To see Kyle average 35 minutes and 6 points and 3 rebounds in a 4-1 loss in the first round?

Now, if Kawhi was playing, count me in. If White was even playing, count me in. I'd like to see him get big minutes.

But we aren't going to get that.

We're going to get Mills and Forbes frog squatting and bricking through 4 losses.

MaNu4Tres
03-29-2018, 12:25 AM

And for what?

To watch Kawhi and White sit in suits while Mills, Parker, Forbes and Pau shit all over the court? To see Kyle average 35 minutes and 6 points and 3 rebounds in a 4-1 loss in the first round?

Now, if Kawhi was playing, count me in. If White was even playing, count me in. I'd like to see him get big minutes.

We're going to get Mills and Forbes frog squatting and bricking through 4 losses.

So much truth here.

:lol

baseline bum
03-29-2018, 12:37 AM

And for what?

No shit, fuck this season. I can't enjoy watching the Spurs until either Kawhi comes back or his ass is traded. This black cloud cast by his injury and the Mills + Gasol contracts + Pop having Manu and TP calling Leonard out to the media has made this the least enjoyable season of any I have been a Spurs fan, and I have been a fan through a few 20 and 30 win seasons.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 12:39 AM

Kawhi's tend to come in at 14, not 23, tbh. Also, trade up a few spots if a Pierce or Dirk is still around; yes, this isn't the norm per say; but it does happen.

vander
03-29-2018, 12:41 AM

And for what?

and what are you going to get with a pick 5 spots higher?

are you forgetting who our FO is?

I'll take the playoffs streak, it's a less arbitrary streak than 50 wins anyway.

and there's still a small chance Kawhi will come back yet.

SAGirl
03-29-2018, 12:48 AM

objective
03-29-2018, 12:51 AM
and what are you going to get with a pick 5 spots higher?

are you forgetting who our FO is?

I'll take the playoffs streak, it's a less arbitrary streak than 50 wins anyway.

and there's still a small chance Kawhi will come back yet.

The difference between 14 and 20 as far as best available wing for instance is between having Kawhi on the board or being left with Marshon Brooks as the best available wing.

It could be the difference from Gianni's and Solomon Hill.

Avery Bradley at 19 or James Anderson at 20.

If Kawhi was playing, I'll take the chance to be spoiler. Don't think they'd have a chance at a title but could upset a team in the first round.

I don't think it matters anyway, I think it's all settled. They're in the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

vander
03-29-2018, 01:29 AM
The difference between 14 and 20 as far as best available wing for instance is between having Kawhi on the board or being left with Marshon Brooks as the best available wing.

If Kawhi was playing, I'll take the chance to be spoiler. Don't think they'd have a chance at a title but could upset a team in the first round.

I don't think it matters anyway, I think it's all settled. They're in the playoffs as far as I'm concerned.

but my point was that this FO is likely to take some guy projected to go #30 no matter what pick they have

TimDunkem
03-29-2018, 01:32 AM
Drunkford will pick whoever one of his NCAA friends, or one of his kids in college tells him to pick.

cd021
03-29-2018, 01:36 AM

Agreed tbh

cd021
03-29-2018, 01:42 AM

Take the 2016 draft for example, players like Murray and Skai were both projected to be lotto picks but fell to #30 and #29. Lottery level talent could certainly be there if the Spurs pick 16-20 as opposed to #27-30 which less likely but not impossible.

SnakeBoy
03-29-2018, 01:57 AM
My sources tell me LMA isn't going to return this season or next. They say it's hard to explain but his knee just doesn't feel right.

Slippy
03-29-2018, 03:41 AM

Manu reiterating what iv been saying.

Hopefully LA can suit up.

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 03:54 AM
just end this season. spurs shoulda blown it up before the trade deadline like i said.

spurs fans want them to make the playoffs so they can bitch about how badly they get beat? :lol

i need to start not being surprised at the lack of y’all’s rationale.

gambit1990
03-29-2018, 03:55 AM
if you want the spurs to make the playoffs over getting a higher draft pick then you’re just being selfish.

r0drig0lac
03-29-2018, 05:57 AM

And for what?

BillMc
03-29-2018, 06:06 AM
if you want the spurs to make the playoffs over getting a higher draft pick then you’re just being selfish.

I'm selfish. I admit it.

weeks
03-29-2018, 07:50 AM
if there's any lingering soreness in that knee i doubt they'll bring him back for Adams
but we need him. a victory against OKC especially would be crucial for the standings

UZER
03-29-2018, 07:56 AM
if there's any lingering soreness in that knee i doubt they'll bring him back for Adams
but we need him. a victory against OKC especially would be crucial for the standings

Crucial.

Hahaha...hahaha...hahaha...ha...ha...heh...heh.

:pop:

TheRemix
03-29-2018, 08:03 AM
Tank for 7th tbh