spurraider21
03-29-2018, 12:34 PM
i dont think you understand the concept of "dunking on" someone

Raven
03-29-2018, 12:50 PM
weakest dunk ever?

baseline bum
03-29-2018, 01:41 PM
How is Hill a fucking first ballot Hall of Famer? Amare has a better case for the HOF and no way he's getting in first ballot.

ambchang
03-29-2018, 03:08 PM
HoF counts college as well. Grant gets in on that alone. He is like the less impressive, perimeter, 90s version of Bill Walton.

baseline bum
03-29-2018, 03:40 PM
HoF counts college as well. Grant gets in on that alone. He is like the less impressive, perimeter, 90s version of Bill Walton.

If that's the case, where is Ed O'Bannon?

Silver&Black
03-29-2018, 04:11 PM

Hill's NBA career isn't 1st ballot HOF worthy, IMO. But, adding his college career certainly helps his argument.
O'Bannon's college career was fantastic at UCLA. Think he won every damn award his senior year. But, his 5.0PPG NBA career prevents him from even entering into the conversation.

Take Ginobili for example. When people here discuss it the very first thing mentioned is, "Well his international play puts him over the top." It's kinda the same thing for Hill.

baseline bum
03-29-2018, 04:18 PM
Hill's NBA career isn't 1st ballot HOF worthy, IMO. But, adding his college career certainly helps his argument.
O'Bannon's college career was fantastic at UCLA. Think he won every damn award his senior year. But, his 5.0PPG NBA career prevents him from even entering into the conversation.

Take Ginobili for example. When people here discuss it the very first thing mentioned is, "Well his international play puts him over the top." It's kinda the same thing for Hill.

I think winning the gold in Athens as the alpha is a hell of a lot more impressive than winning a couple of national championships in the NCAA. Besides, amb was claiming Hill gets in on college alone when he wasn't even the best player on his team. And that best player only got in the HOF as a member of the 92 Dream Team.

Chucho
03-29-2018, 04:25 PM
Grant Hill was the first non-Spur I was a fan of, but he isn't a first ballot HoFer, even being on those Duke teams of the early 90s.

Expert
03-29-2018, 04:37 PM
They run out of people to induct and need the airtime it seems.

Silver&Black
03-29-2018, 04:47 PM
I think winning the gold in Athens as the alpha is a hell of a lot more impressive than winning a couple of national championships in the NCAA. Besides, amb was claiming Hill gets in on college alone when he wasn't even the best player on his team. And that best player only got in the HOF as a member of the 92 Dream Team.

I'm not saying that Hill's college championships > A gold medal at all. They both add something to the resume as you're well aware of.

Amb's "Getting in on college alone" is not a true statement. Like you said when I think of those Duke Teams I think of Laettner...not Hill. Grant Hill's best college highlight was a full court inbound to Christian.

Hell I can't think of ANY player whose college stats alone is good enough to get into the HOF. I mean.........Laettner? Kareem? Bill fucking Walton? David Thompson? Pistol Pete? Only women or coaches can do that. For a male basketball player....you need decent NBA stats + something else (College, International play, etc.) to get in.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 06:04 PM
Gr:lolnt Hill getting in.

But, but he was the 'best athlete in the league at one point' :cry

But, but if not for injuries :cry

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 06:08 PM
You think that's funny? Check out Lonzo dunking on Dennis Smith Jr:

:lol

Lonzo = 3-1 vs Dennis Smith Jr
Lonzo = 2-0 vs Dejounte Murray

:)

Just cos Smith couldn't chase down a cherry picker doesn't mean he got dunked on. Seriously, stop your faggotry. I could've saved myself a click.

Spurtacular
03-29-2018, 06:09 PM

Which is gay. It'd be like baseball counting the minor leagues and/or college.

Also, any HOF that has WNBA scrubs in it is lame, anyways. All the HOF's have become sh**. Honestly, nobody cares any more.

Expert
03-29-2018, 06:18 PM
Next up is Greg Oden.

ambchang
03-29-2018, 07:09 PM

He should be in

Killakobe81
03-29-2018, 10:27 PM
Gr:lolnt Hill getting in.

nah he deserves it based on his college years plus nba career (pre injury) ..

Killakobe81
03-29-2018, 10:30 PM
didnt he also get a gold medal?

monosylab1k
03-30-2018, 01:38 AM
nah he deserves it based on his college years plus nba career (pre injury) ..

If Grant Hill deserves it, then it’s a FUCKING TRAVESTY that Penny Hardaway isn’t in.

ambchang
03-30-2018, 05:27 AM
I’m more interested in a CBA legend like Marbury.

He was an nba all star. He was the best player in CBA history by dominating the league for a long period of time. He helped make basketball one of the most popular sports in the fastest growing market in the world. He had his own musical for Pete’s sake, of even Jordan pulled that.

He should be in

ambchang
03-30-2018, 05:28 AM
If Grant Hill deserves it, then it’s a FUCKING TRAVESTY that Penny Hardaway isn’t in.

Penny was never as good as hill in high school. And hill was better in the nba as well.