PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's brief stint in games

SpursDynasty85
03-30-2018, 11:01 PM
I am not going to lie. I am a huge Spurs and Kawhi fan and this is easily the most frustrating season I can remember since 1997. The reason in large part has been the media and the fact Kawhi is so isolated. However, let's look at his brief stint of playing this season. I think we can all agree he looked off. He looked hurt imo, it was tough to see and I am sure for someone coming off an mvp type year last year he was even more disheartened by how his body was holding up. This dude is seriously hurt and no one knows why which is what all parties have been trying to say. If you are Kawhi, he is probably wanting to do rehab 24/7 and knowing the type of person he is and looking at how media spins everything he would rather come back 100% instead so that he can play well AND deal with the media with confidence. This is arguably a wrong decision for team morale but it makes sense if you really want to come back this season which is to spend as much time with your medical team to recover. Leadership is the only tension the front office has a problem with right now but for Kawhi this makes perfect sense to me. It just sucks we have a ridiculous media circus in America and a low threshold for patience as a society in general. Sobering moment when you realize you are a spoiled brat worrying and complaining about another players threshold and a basketball team's ability to currently compete, including myself, instead of the countless other things we could do with our time. Just enjoy this rocky ride as part of a long journey of being a true Spur fan. Who knows, we may still be Spurs fans on our death bed. I hope so.

Arcadian
03-30-2018, 11:05 PM
I thought he looked pretty good, actually. If anything he was a little rusty, but that should obviously be expected coming fresh off an injury in midseason. I got the feeling that, with a little more regular play time, he'd quickly return to his MVP baseline.

KDKSpurs24
03-30-2018, 11:05 PM
I’m starting to wonder how some of y’all are gonna handle an actual losing season.

offset formation
03-30-2018, 11:07 PM
I’m starting to wonder how some of y’all are gonna handle an actual losing season.

Expect Seattle to be mentioned in damn near every thread.

KDKSpurs24
03-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Definitely.

SpursforSix
03-30-2018, 11:25 PM

That will suck but at that point (if they move) I can quit giving a shit about the NBA for real.

Got to watch some great Spurs bball for a long damn time and 5 rings.

offset formation
03-30-2018, 11:30 PM
That will suck but at that point (if they move) I can quit giving a shit about the NBA for real.

Got to watch some great Spurs bball for a long damn time and 5 rings.

I think there are at least 8-10 teams more likely to end up there, than SA. Unless the Holt's divorce turns nasty, they aren't going anywhere. They are just too beloved in this region of Texas, from Austin all the way down to the Valley, out to West Texas. Not to mention the international support.

And Sean always mentions on the telecasts that the Spurs fans are always loud and proud at away games.

They are rather valuable and profitable. Kawhi may go, but they aren't going anywhere, imo.

daslicer
03-30-2018, 11:31 PM
I thought he looked pretty good, actually. If anything he was a little rusty, but that should obviously be expected coming fresh off an injury in midseason. I got the feeling that, with a little more regular play time, he'd quickly return to his MVP baseline.

I saw him make some great defensive plays in his stint back where he had some amazing rotations and switch outs. To me he just looked winded in some of these games but that was normal since he hadn't played in a long time.

tholdren
03-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Hes an iso player. Sadly his best stats are less impressive than carmelo....

Spurtacular
03-30-2018, 11:53 PM

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/70203_ratShipWizard.jpg

BSfromTX
03-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Seriously, if it were any of the years from’89-97 ST would think it’s the apocalypse

jehawk81
03-31-2018, 01:01 AM
I think there are at least 8-10 teams more likely to end up there, than SA. Unless the Holt's divorce turns nasty, they aren't going anywhere. They are just too beloved in this region of Texas, from Austin all the way down to the Valley, out to West Texas. Not to mention the international support.

And Sean always mentions on the telecasts that the Spurs fans are always loud and proud at away games.

They are rather valuable and profitable. Kawhi may go, but they aren't going anywhere, imo.

:bobo muh nig

SpursDynasty85
03-31-2018, 03:22 PM
Check out Jabari Young's Twitter posts lately. Calming voice in this sea of rough waves lately.

KDKSpurs24
03-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Check out Jabari Young's Twitter posts lately. Calming voice in this sea of rough waves lately.

sasaint
03-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Hes an iso player. Sadly his best stats are less impressive than carmelo....

Pop turned him into that. He was the best 3-D player ever. He was a DPOY who was leading the league in 3-point shooting for most of a season who wasn't limited to 3-pointers, but could go to the hole with authority when defenders were not under control on close-outs. Perfect Robin to a true Batman PG.

SpursDynasty85
03-31-2018, 04:29 PM
Pop turned him into that. He was the best 3-D player ever. He was a DPOY who was leading the league in 3-point shooting for most of a season who wasn't limited to 3-pointers, but could go to the hole with authority when defenders were not under control on close-outs. Perfect Robin to a true Batman PG.

I agree to a certain extent. Kawhiso is a legitimate concern. He is arguably just as effective playing off the ball but everyone needs to grow and develop and last two years has been Kawhi's development as a offensive powerhouse. When he returns I fully expect him to slowly transition and play 2nd or 3rd option and become more part of a free flowing offense than before. At least I hope so.