PDA

View Full Version : If Spurs beat Rockets they'll win 50

DeadlyDynasty
04-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Extremely impressive season by the Spurs, despite their disastrous offseason and Kawhi's injury. I'm not being disingenuous in any way...to have the record they have with the hand they were dealt is nothing short of amazing. They gotta be the 8th or 9th most talented team in the West...maybe even lower.

TheGreatYacht
04-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge, tbh. The king of getting mediocre teams and coaches to the 4-6th seed.

Had bad luck in Portland with Roy and Oden, but he did the best with the trash he was given.

Mikeanaro
04-01-2018, 11:38 AM
No, Spurs have a track record of losing against the worst teams.

SAGirl
04-01-2018, 11:38 AM
:bobo

AlexJones
04-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Hopefully Harden nuts on HarlemHeat37 's face today

Ron Swanson
04-01-2018, 12:49 PM
That kind of positive talk will not be tolerated here on ST, sir.

BatManu20
04-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Not winning 50 obviously but you're right, LMA + a bunch of average to below-average role players and currently 4th seed in the West is nuts, tbh.

daslicer
04-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Wolves and OKC are probably the biggest underachievers. On paper they should easily be a 50 win team but are not.

Raven
04-01-2018, 01:09 PM
i don't think it's impressive at all. Pelicans are the real miracle.

Raven
04-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Wolves and OKC are probably the biggest underachievers. On paper they should easily be a 50 win team but are not.

Wolves are playing without Butler. I'd say they are doing pretty great.

daslicer
04-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Wolves are playing without Butler. I'd say they are doing pretty great.

From what I recall they weren't doing that well before Jimmy was injured.

sasaint
04-01-2018, 01:24 PM

I don't follow them, but I thought I read somewhere that they were actually doing better without Butler.

Raven
04-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Hardly his fault.. Anyway, I expect them to do much better next season.

Budkin
04-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Extremely impressive season by the Spurs, despite their disastrous offseason and Kawhi's injury. I'm not being disingenuous in any way...to have the record they have with the hand they were dealt is nothing short of amazing. They gotta be the 8th or 9th most talented team in the West...maybe even lower.

This is why DD is my favorite Lakers fan on SpursTalk. (Also he’s a fellow Bills fan :-) )

exstatic
04-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Hardly his fault.. Anyway, I expect them to do much better next season.

That’s kind of Minnys mantra: next year. They’ve been saying that for at least the last two seasons, plus now this one. They have two #1 overall picks in Wiggins, and Towns, yet they are fighting just to get into the playoffs. This may be one of those teams that just never gels, never makes it.

Raven
04-01-2018, 02:02 PM
That’s kind of Minnys mantra: next year. They’ve been saying that for at least the last two seasons, plus now this one. They have two #1 overall picks in Wiggins, and Towns, yet they are fighting just to get into the playoffs. This may be one of those teams that just never gels, never makes it.

Perhaps, it depends on them. But they have the upside, unlike other teams like the lakers.

AlexJones
04-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Good W for the Spurs.. they still have no shot in a series against Houston though.

Pavlov
04-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Hardly his fault.. Anyway, I expect them to do much better next season.Not with det coach.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-01-2018, 05:02 PM
i don't think it's impressive at all. Pelicans are the real miracle.
I figured they'd have gone down in flames after Boogie got taken out for the season but they've kept the ship afloat. They are going to be incredibly dangerous next season.

TheDoctor
04-01-2018, 05:03 PM
:flag:

Raven
04-01-2018, 05:06 PM
I figured they'd have gone down in flames after Boogie got taken out for the season but they've kept the ship afloat. They are going to be incredibly dangerous next season.

I don't see how, they have no wings at all. And haven't had them in years.. Tbf they are easier to draft or sign than any other position.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-01-2018, 05:25 PM
I don't see how, they have no wings at all. And haven't had them in years.. Tbf they are easier to draft or sign than any other position.
Meh I guess your right. Davis will at be a bigger threat next year given he's about to begin his prime form

cd98
04-01-2018, 05:26 PM
This team loses on the road. And they can’t get to 50 without winning on the road.

Stabula
04-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Meh I guess your right. Davis will at be a bigger threat next year given he's about to begin his prime form

He'll probably be injured 70% of the season as per usual

phxspurfan
04-01-2018, 05:39 PM
They gotta be the 8th or 9th most talented team in the West...maybe even lower.

Lower. Denver has more talent (Jokic, Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Wilson Chandler, Millsap) and I think they're 9th. Will Barton is their equivalent of Patty Mills and he was straight from the D-league, not making 50 mill.

Also the Lakers are like 10th and have a better roster.

I'm getting convinced Pop (even though sometimes his focus has been more on societal issues this year) has done an incredible job coaching this squad this year. Stuff that you don't see but happens off camera, like coaching up Murray from being a raw 1 and done player to running the complex Spurs offense.

phxspurfan
04-01-2018, 05:42 PM

The player that made them formidable has been hurt (Butler). He's their real leader. Once he gets back, if he gets into shape quickly, they will be dangerous again.

phxspurfan
04-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Agree with this. Rondo + some shooters along with AD and Boogie, that's old school perfection. They can be the new look Grizz (with more talent) if they want to be

Hoops Czar
04-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Last I checked, they have more games to play on the road.

TD 21
04-01-2018, 05:47 PM
If all 5 were at home, I could see it. Unfortunately, their offense is non NBA caliber on the road.

Lower. Denver has more talent (Jokic, Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Wilson Chandler, Millsap) and I think they're 9th. Will Barton is their equivalent of Patty Mills and he was straight from the D-league, not making 50 mill.

Also the Lakers are like 10th and have a better roster.

I'm getting convinced Pop (even though sometimes his focus has been more on societal issues this year) has done an incredible job coaching this squad this year. Stuff that you don't see but happens off camera, like coaching up Murray from being a raw 1 and done player to running the complex Spurs offense.

:lmao Pop has been brutal. Don't let the media (they're just saying it because he's one of, if not the G.O.A.T. and the team lacks offensive talent) or results fools you. He's lucky Aldridge has turned in a career season at 32 and that he has a mostly veteran team, that has superior length and knows how to defend (even the young guys that play the most fit this description).

sasaint
04-01-2018, 05:50 PM

Plus, isn't Cousins a FA? I don't think he's a lock to return. Plus, another mediocre start to next season could get Davis to start an exit campaign. Didn't he make some rumblings a couple weeks back?

sasaint
04-01-2018, 05:51 PM

Plus, isn't Cousins a FA? I don't think he's a lock to return. Plus, another mediocre start to next season could get Davis to start an exit campaign. Didn't he make some rumblings a couple weeks back?

Spurtacular
04-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Not winning 50 obviously but you're right, LMA + a bunch of average to below-average role players and currently 4th seed in the West is nuts, tbh.

That's cos you believe all the bull shit spurs talk that Gay, Mills, Pau, Green, etc. are "scrubs". They'd be starting on other teams, too. To say nothing of the leadership and steadying influence of players like Manu. Also, Murray coming on in place of Rec League Parker, tbh. And Kyle Anderson has been a glue guy on both ends.

Arcadian
04-02-2018, 02:53 AM
That kind of positive talk will not be tolerated here on ST, sir.

It's actually a thinly-veiled insult. :lol He's saying the Spurs are worse than their record indicates.

Killakobe81
04-02-2018, 08:38 AM

Agree with initial premise, impressive season ...
Disagree that they are 8th/9th best talent wise there are only 5/6 teams max that are better equipped to win now ..
now if u talking potential or young talent sans KL ...I agree.

Mikeanaro
04-04-2018, 01:32 AM
No, Spurs have a track record of losing against the worst teams.

LkrFan
04-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Hopefully Harden nuts on HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) 's face today

:lol