PDA

View Full Version : Barkley on the Kawhi Situation

BillMc
04-02-2018, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKvkAutGsgY

A few days old, but nothing's changed.

jermaine
04-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Barkley is the 1st player I've heard say this. Everyone else is tryna side with Kawhi an say sit out an do nuttin an get paid 19mil... All that look at IT situation, but last time I checked, they all say don't count another man's money. But you can say look at what happened to another player.

Ice009
04-02-2018, 06:35 AM
Barkley's right. I agree with him. Here's some of what he said.

"If you can play basketball and you get paid to play basketball, you play basketball. I'm a firm believer in that. You don't worry about I might get hurt or I'm worried about my next contract. I think when you get paid to play basketball, you play basketball no matter what."

He also said the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

BillMc
04-02-2018, 06:38 AM
Barkley is the 1st player I've heard say this. Everyone else is tryna side with Kawhi an say sit out an do nuttin an get paid 19mil... All that look at IT situation, but last time I checked, they all say don't count another man's money. But you can say look at what happened to another player.

Yeah, all the others are saying "Kawhi guard that next contract, don't risk it". But he is being paid 19 million now to play. Somehow that doesn't count.

What I like about Barkley is he'll tell you what he thinks. You may agree or disagree, it may enlightening or asinine but it will be genuine.

BillMc
04-02-2018, 06:49 AM
Barkley's right. I agree with him. Here's some of what he said.

"If you can play basketball and you get paid to play basketball, you play basketball. I'm a firm believer in that. You don't worry about I might get hurt or I'm worried about my next contract. I think when you get paid to play basketball, you play basketball no matter what."

He also said the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Thanks for transcribing that Ice:toast

jermaine
04-02-2018, 07:02 AM
He's gonna be called a "Coon" for telling a black man to do his fucking job that's he's getting paid 19mil to do.

lefty
04-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Yeah I bet that fat gambler would have risked his career if he was in the same situation

duncan2k5
04-02-2018, 07:23 AM
so i guess Barkley has never been injured then? ppl are making huge assumptions...he talked as if it were fact kawhi wants to play somewhere else...the guy is just injured and wants to be 100% before coming back...even the spurs doctors agreed with kawhi's doctors, but everyone completely leaves what pop said out of the media...and u fans soak it up...ungrateful

jermaine
04-02-2018, 08:05 AM
so i guess Barkley has never been injured then? ppl are making huge assumptions...he talked as if it were fact kawhi wants to play somewhere else...the guy is just injured and wants to be 100% before coming back...even the spurs doctors agreed with kawhi's doctors, but everyone completely leaves what pop said out of the media...and u fans soak it up...ungrateful

Shut up, Kawhi is a bitch nigga. An you too for making excuses for him. Don't post anymore today.

vander
04-02-2018, 08:21 AM

I think at this point your posts are accomplishing the opposite of your intentions, and are driving people into the anti-Kawhi camp if they're doing anything at all. also, if it actually is chronic tendinopathy, Kawhi will never be 100% again, he's going to have to play at less than 100%

Also did Kawhi ever say that he just wants to be 100% before playing? or was that just you?
did Kawhi ever say anything about his injury to Spurs fans?

Play Boban
04-02-2018, 08:33 AM
duncan2k5 = Kawhi, confirmed.

Play Boban
04-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Barkley dropping truth bombs. Love it!!!

hater
04-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Shut up, Kawhi is a bitch nigga. An you too for making excuses for him. Don't post anymore today.

:lol

BillMc
04-02-2018, 09:04 AM
A little more on Spurs and Kawhi from Charles starting at 1;28 or so. Though nothing new either (Posting only for completeness)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdRh5c12DU

pgardn
04-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Yeah, all the others are saying "Kawhi guard that next contract, don't risk it". But he is being paid 19 million now to play. Somehow that doesn't count.

What I like about Barkley is he'll tell you what he thinks. You may agree or disagree, it may enlightening or asinine but it will be genuine.

No doubt it will be genuine and impulsive. He's paid for blurting, not pondering and articulating. Very Trumplike IMO.

snickles
04-02-2018, 09:49 AM
No doubt it will be genuine and impulsive. He's paid for blurting, not pondering and articulating. Very Trumplike IMO.

ironically enough, this reads like a Trump tweet....

benefactor
04-02-2018, 10:36 AM
jermaine

spurs10
04-02-2018, 10:43 AM
If Kawhi is cleared and okay to play and he’s not playing because he doesn’t want to get injured before his big deal is signed then he is in breach of a $19 million dollar contract and should pay it back, be sued, or suit up. I thought he was in NYC trying to get cleared by his doctors to play and working out in the NBA facility up there?

Whichever it is I hope the team continues to dismiss this drama and keep focused on who they are and what they have. The distractions are not helping as Manu said.

DPG21920
04-02-2018, 12:19 PM

He didn’t say Kawhi was faking it. He was saying that IF Kawhi is faking it, that is wrong. He never made an accusation he said what he thinks about players who do worry about their next deal while being paid on a current one.

DPG21920
04-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Who is 100%? Is LMA 100%? Manu? Rudy? No one is ever 100%.

The only question I want you to answer is this: Do you think the Spurs & their medical staff would give Kawhi clearance to play if he was truly injured and it could get worse or threaten his career?

bic50
04-02-2018, 12:26 PM
This whole thing is just frustrating. This team healthy had potential

Ice009
04-02-2018, 12:29 PM
If Kawhi is cleared and okay to play and he’s not playing because he doesn’t want to get injured before his big deal is signed then he is in breach of a $19 million dollar contract and should pay it back, be sued, or suit up. I thought he was in NYC trying to get cleared by his doctors to play and working out in the NBA facility up there?

Whichever it is I hope the team continues to dismiss this drama and keep focused on who they are and what they have. The distractions are not helping as Manu said.

This is why I agree with what Barkley said and also the reason I have no problem with the guys on the team asking him if he plans to play. If Kawhi's sitting out for his next contract, then what about the 19M he is getting paid to play now.

It's fucking ridiculous how much money these guys want or need. The Spurs would have a shot at a Championship with Kawhi, maybe not a big one, but they'd have a shot. Isn't that what most people play for? That's my main concern/priority if I was playing. If I was told that it won't cause any long term damage by playing on a particular injury and I felt my team had a chance at the Championship (even if it's a small one), you can bet your ass I'd be out there on the court. I could maybe understand him sitting out if they have no shot at a title as you never know if the doctors are right or not, but IMO they do have one. Isaiah Thomas probably thought the Celtics had a chance to beat the Cavs and I think it was worth playing, and I'm sure he did too at the time. My reasoning is that you never know how many chances you'll get to play for a Championship, so you shouldn't throw away any opportunity to do so. You can't cry about it after the series is over and then say you regret playing. Live with it an move on. How much money do these guys need? To top all that off, even if you do sit out, you could get an even worse injury later on and never have a chance to play for a Championship ever again.

Manu and Tony were right to ask Kawhi because both of these guys have always tried to get back to the court as soon as possible after any type of injury. I'm pretty sure that they are absolutely stunned on why he's continuing to sit out. They've both played through pain. They can't really fathom what Kawhi is doing. One example, looking back at the 2015 Clippers series, it seems like TP's hamstring was screwed and he probably shouldn't have been playing at all, yet he didn't want to sit out and continued to play. Meanwhile, Kawhi choked it up in the last few games of the series and instead of helping out TP who probably shouldn't have been playing, Kawhi seemed healthy and still vanished. YOU FUCKING BET YOUR ASS THESE GUYS WERE RIGHT TO ASK KAWHI WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

All those former players that are commenting on it without knowing the FULL details can go F themselves too. Stephen Jackson, Cris Carter (I know he was a great wide receiver), Shannon Sharpe (another great player) have their opinions, but in all honesty I don't rate any of those guys above Manu Ginobili, so IMO Manu can say whatever the fuck he wants. If that hurt Kawhi's feelings, too bad. Manu's played with all kinds of injuries and one example is - even with a broken arm in the 2011 playoffs, he was still the best player on the court in the series against the Grizzlies. Would Kawhi play with a broken arm? These guys (I'm sure of it) are mind blown that Kawhi is sitting out with the specific injury (it doesn't seem serious enough to hold him out) he has, so that's why they wanted to know what is going on.

Maybe Kawhi really is hurt and maybe he really is struggling, but if that is the case, he needs to open his mouth and talk. It's his own fault for being a freaking mute and saying nothing on the subject. He should have told them how he's feeling and what is going on. I'm one of the biggest Kawhi fans around, as I think last season with all the work he'd done throughout the years, it all paid off as he really turned himself into a legit Superstar, but I'm also starting to get mad at him. Duncan2K5 has started to piss me off with all his recent posts too. Kawhi has brought most of this upon himself IMO.

duncan2k5
04-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Who is 100%? Is LMA 100%? Manu? Rudy? No one is ever 100%.

The only question I want you to answer is this: Do you think the Spurs & their medical staff would give Kawhi clearance to play if he was truly injured and it could get worse or threaten his career?

He did play when he was cleared... And did pop just say the team medical staff agrees with Kawhi's?

duncan2k5
04-02-2018, 12:55 PM
This is why I agree with what Barkley said and also the reason I have no problem with the guys on the team asking him if he plans to play. If Kawhi's sitting out for his next contract, then what about the 19M he is getting paid to play now.

It's fucking ridiculous how much money these guys want or need. The Spurs would have a shot at a Championship with Kawhi, maybe not a big one, but they'd have a shot. Isn't that what most people play for? That's my main concern/priority if I was playing. If I was told that it won't cause any long term damage by playing on a particular injury and I felt my team had a chance at the Championship (even if it's a small one), you can bet your ass I'd be out there on the court. I could maybe understand him sitting out if they have no shot at a title as you never know if the doctors are right or not, but IMO they do have one. Isaiah Thomas probably thought the Celtics had a chance to beat the Cavs and I think it was worth playing, and I'm sure he did too at the time. My reasoning is that you never know how many chances you'll get to play for a Championship, so you shouldn't throw away any opportunity to do so. You can't cry about it after the series is over and then say you regret playing. Live with it an move on. How much money do these guys need? To top all that off, even if you do sit out, you could get an even worse injury later on and never have a chance to play for a Championship ever again.

Manu and Tony were right to ask Kawhi because both of these guys have always tried to get back to the court as soon as possible after any type of injury. I'm pretty sure that they are absolutely stunned on why he's continuing to sit out. They've both played through pain. They can't really fathom what Kawhi is doing. One example, looking back at the 2015 Clippers series, it seems like TP's hamstring was screwed and he probably shouldn't have been playing at all, yet he didn't want to sit out and continued to play. Meanwhile, Kawhi choked it up in the last few games of the series and instead of helping out TP who probably shouldn't have been playing, Kawhi seemed healthy and still vanished. YOU FUCKING BET YOUR ASS THESE GUYS WERE RIGHT TO ASK KAWHI WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

All those former players that are commenting on it without knowing the FULL details can go F themselves too. Stephen Jackson, Cris Carter (I know he was a great wide receiver), Shannon Sharpe (another great player) have their opinions, but in all honesty I don't rate any of those guys above Manu Ginobili, so IMO Manu can say whatever the fuck he wants. If that hurt Kawhi's feelings, too bad. Manu's played with all kinds of injuries and one example is - even with a broken arm in the 2011 playoffs, he was still the best player on the court in the series against the Grizzlies. Would Kawhi play with a broken arm? These guys (I'm sure of it) are mind blown that Kawhi is sitting out with the specific injury (it doesn't seem serious enough to hold him out) he has, so that's why they wanted to know what is going on.

Maybe Kawhi really is hurt and maybe he really is struggling, but if that is the case, he needs to open his mouth and talk. It's his own fault for being a freaking mute and saying nothing on the subject. He should have told them how he's feeling and what is going on. I'm one of the biggest Kawhi fans around, as I think last season with all the work he'd done throughout the years, it all paid off as he really turned himself into a legit Superstar, but I'm also starting to get mad at him. Duncan2K5 has started to piss me off with all his recent posts too. Kawhi has brought most of this upon himself IMO.

Kawhi has played through pain... The guy is INJURED

daslicer
04-02-2018, 01:03 PM

All these former players happen to be black and racially biased. They believe Kawhi is sticking it to the man by what he's doing. They don't give a shit about the truth because it doesn't make Kawhi look good and it hurts the narrative they are trying to push. They are all disgraceful in my eyes.

DPG21920
04-02-2018, 01:41 PM
He did play when he was cleared... And did pop just say the team medical staff agrees with Kawhi's?

You didn’t answer the question my man. We know that SA’s team has cleared Kawhi, but Kawhis team has not. Do you think SA would clear Kawhi if they thought he was injured and/or that it could get worse and threaten his career?

Play Boban
04-02-2018, 01:53 PM
This is truly one of the worst things I've ever seen from a player in this league. To outright refuse to play is sickening. He is in breach of his contract and should be sued. I hope he is banned from the NBA. I'd rather have anyone else in the league than this sob pos.

Any fan who is defending Kawhi at this point is not a Spurs fan. They are a Kawhi homersucker playerfan who doesn't give a poop what happens to this team.

cd021
04-02-2018, 02:35 PM
He's gonna be called a "Coon" for telling a black man to do his fucking job that's he's getting paid 19mil to do.

Lol, by who? You?

KDKSpurs24
04-02-2018, 02:52 PM
All these former players happen to be black and racially biased. They believe Kawhi is sticking it to the man by what he's doing. They don't give a shit about the truth because it doesn't make Kawhi look good and it hurts the narrative they are trying to push. They are all disgraceful in my eyes.
You’re gonna have to chill with that. First of all, most former players are black any damn way dude. If you play percentages that’s how it’s gonna be. They mainly talked about being former players and knowing their own bodies. Barkley is black and said he needed to play. Stop picking and choosing who you base your argument on. I’m sure you can find some white former players who are saying the same thing but you wouldn’t want to. So get out of here with that.

Brazil
04-02-2018, 03:37 PM

:lmao

spurs10
04-02-2018, 03:43 PM
I've got a few questions to ask any of you- the first is a timeline question. Didn't Kawhi return after he was cleared and then the pain came back, but worse? Is this not when he went to the specialist in NY? Also unlike Tony, am I correct that the Spurs did not recommend surgery because they didn't think it was necessary. In answering DPG's earlier question I do not think the Spurs medical staff would knowingly clear him if they thought he could further injury himself. It could be he re-injured the same quad when he returned.

Secondly I'm hearing Rose and Pierce saying they believe that Kawhi has played his last game in a Spurs uniform. How does that work when you are under contract for $20 million to play next season? Why wouldn't the Spurs and Kawhi want him to show his value before trading him to whoever they wanted to trade him to. Doubt seriously if they'll care where he wants to go.

Sitting out this year he probably is going to need a "doctor's note" before anyone is going to just let him slide.

TheDoctor
04-02-2018, 03:49 PM
:lol

daslicer
04-02-2018, 04:02 PM
You’re gonna have to chill with that. First of all, most former players are black any damn way dude. If you play percentages that’s how it’s gonna be. They mainly talked about being former players and knowing their own bodies. Barkley is black and said he needed to play. Stop picking and choosing who you base your argument on. I’m sure you can find some white former players who are saying the same thing but you wouldn’t want to. So get out of here with that.

I give Barkley props for being honest and not playing up this chicanery like these other clowns are doing in the media. The rest of these guys like I said before I believe are full of shit and are pushing their own racially biased agenda and I'm not going to change my belief on that. For example today Cris Carter admitted by accident that he was part of Kawhi's team and tried to make up a bs narrative that Pop cared more about the Spur 50 win streak than Kawhi's health. Stuff like that reinforces my belief about these clowns being biased. They have as much credibility in my eyes as Fox News does when it comes to being honest about Donald Trump.

Anyways Kawhi's injury in my eyes is as legit as a guy faking whiplash in hopes of suing the car insurance company for money. If you don't like what I have to say in the words of Pop ''get over yourself'.

phxspurfan
04-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. Pretty much echoes the majority of sentiments about the issue now, aside from the most hardcore player-fans here. this issue has been aired out pretty completely by now, with all sides weighing in, from Pop, to the players, to the front office, Kawhi's uncle, Kawhi himself, and now talking heads. The truth is out there

tholdren
04-02-2018, 04:44 PM

Same people who say getting an education to play college basketball is not compensation enough...

phxspurfan
04-02-2018, 04:49 PM
am I correct that the Spurs did not recommend surgery because they didn't think it was necessary.

What would they surgically repair, exactly? His quad consistently has looked fine on MRI/functional testing. No diagnosed sprain, strain, bone issue, nothing besides patient-reported pain (which is a pain tolerance issue). Would they cut up his quad and put it back?

tholdren
04-02-2018, 04:55 PM
What would they surgically repair, exactly? His quad consistently has looked fine on MRI/functional testing. No diagnosed sprain, strain, bone issue, nothing besides patient-reported pain (which is a pain tolerance issue). Would they cut up his quad and put it back?

Theres nothing to surgically repair

TD 21
04-02-2018, 06:47 PM

Barkley is an Uncle Tom, whose shtick is predicated on bashing "African-Americans" incessantly because he knows that appeals and ingratiates him to whites.

He's right in this instance, but in a general sense tribalism has been a significant factor in the slanted coverage of this situation.

tholdren
04-02-2018, 06:49 PM
duncan2k5 = Kawhi, confirmed.

No shes murray.

BackHome
04-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Just trade his punk ass and be done with all this drama shit.

dbreiden83080
04-02-2018, 07:47 PM

When somebody is injured, they either get surgery and there is a timetable for the return, or they rehabilitate the injury and again there is a timetable for the return. He has been rehabilitating this injury since the summer. He has not played a meaningful basketball game since last May. So he either has one of the strangest Leg injuries in history.. Or he is simply avoiding coming back for other reasons. Curry Has been injured like four times this season, and he keeps coming back. He will be back again in the playoffs. Do you honestly think this guy is that badly hurt?

exstatic
04-02-2018, 08:29 PM
I've got a few questions to ask any of you- the first is a timeline question. Didn't Kawhi return after he was cleared and then the pain came back, but worse? Is this not when he went to the specialist in NY? Also unlike Tony, am I correct that the Spurs did not recommend surgery because they didn't think it was necessary. In answering DPG's earlier question I do not think the Spurs medical staff would knowingly clear him if they thought he could further injury himself. It could be he re-injured the same quad when he returned.

Secondly I'm hearing Rose and Pierce saying they believe that Kawhi has played his last game in a Spurs uniform. How does that work when you are under contract for $20 million to play next season? Why wouldn't the Spurs and Kawhi want him to show his value before trading him to whoever they wanted to trade him to. Doubt seriously if they'll care where he wants to go.

Sitting out this year he probably is going to need a "doctor's note" before anyone is going to just let him slide.

Any teams doctor will clear him. The Spurs cannot let hm hit FA next summer, and the longer you wait to trade him, the lower the return. I think he’ll be gone by the end of the 2018 draft. Who wants drama spilling into next season, too?

Atl Spur
04-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Wow! That’s what it’s all about? Yo bruh.......relax!! lol

Budkin
04-02-2018, 08:55 PM
When somebody is injured, they either get surgery and there is a timetable for the return, or they rehabilitate the injury and again there is a timetable for the return. He has been rehabilitating this injury since the summer. He has not played a meaningful basketball game since last May. So he either has one of the strangest Leg injuries in history.. Or he is simply avoiding coming back for other reasons. Curry Has been injured like four times this season, and he keeps coming back. He will be back again in the playoffs. Do you honestly think this guy is that badly hurt?

Seems like Kawhi’s “group” doesn’t want him in SA and has him convinced that he was misdiagnosed by Spurs staff. They are using this period to angle for his future in another city and Kawhi himself is conflicted.

spurs10
04-02-2018, 09:24 PM
What would they surgically repair, exactly? His quad consistently has looked fine on MRI/functional testing. No diagnosed sprain, strain, bone issue, nothing besides patient-reported pain (which is a pain tolerance issue). Would they cut up his quad and put it back? Mine was partly a rhetorical question saying his injury was not one that could be repaired with surgery like Tony's, who has said they were the same, but his was "100 times worse." I agree TP's was worse, but don't feel like the injuries are the same at all. That being said, I think there was something going on and the doctors in NY would unlikely risk their licenses covering for him. If it's simply a pain tolerance issue then I would guess his career might be over.

spurs10
04-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Any teams doctor will clear him. The Spurs cannot let hm hit FA next summer, and the longer you wait to trade him, the lower the return. I think he’ll be gone by the end of the 2018 draft. Who wants drama spilling into next season, too?
He is under contract next season. He's not a FA. That's why all this he'll 'never play in a Spurs uniform again' stuff is confusing. They can trade him to whomever they want though...or not. We should hear the latest installation in this drama when we get a report on the newest finding by his doctors.

tholdren
04-02-2018, 09:45 PM
He is under contract next season. He's not a FA. That's why all this he'll 'never play in a Spurs uniform again' stuff is confusing. They can trade him to whomever they want though...or not. We should hear the latest installation in this drama when we get a report on the newest finding by his doctors.

There will be no finding

Gummi Clutch
04-02-2018, 09:48 PM
says the guy that showed up to games drunk (in his own words)

stfu fatass

phxspurfan
04-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Mine was partly a rhetorical question saying his injury was not one that could be repaired with surgery like Tony's, who has said they were the same, but his was "100 times worse." I agree TP's was worse, but don't feel like the injuries are the same at all. That being said, I think there was something going on and the doctors in NY would unlikely risk their licenses covering for him. If it's simply a pain tolerance issue then I would guess his career might be over.

People's bodies for sure are different. Tony's is made of testes and steel beams while Kawhi's is made of teeny twigs and pussy lips

pgardn
04-02-2018, 11:43 PM
ironically enough, this reads like a Trump tweet....

Bestest, greatest, biggest, everyone's talking about it...

Now...
Your post makes a tiny bit of sense.

daslicer
04-03-2018, 12:08 AM
says the guy that showed up to games drunk (in his own words)

stfu fatass

:lol Says the guy who has pictures of Kawhi on his cubicle at work and fawns over Kawhi like a teenage girl over Justin Bieber.

Russo21
04-03-2018, 05:23 AM
When/if Kawhi sings the supermax contract the nigga should pay back the 19 mill hes made sitting on his ass all year. If the only reason he is sitting out is to ensure he gets that massive contract it's just bullshit. Otherwise they should offer the supermax minus the 19 mill hes stole this year. What if every other superstar barely played in contract years for fear of getting hurt :lol

dbreiden83080
04-03-2018, 05:54 AM
Seems like Kawhi’s “group” doesn’t want him in SA and has him convinced that he was misdiagnosed by Spurs staff. They are using this period to angle for his future in another city and Kawhi himself is conflicted.

I have heard this and it still does not make any sense to me. If he was misdiagnosed, the diagnoses would have been corrected a long time ago. Everybody knows what exactly is going on by now. He has not had surgery. The injury is still one that Is being rehabilitated. So being angry and not playing is something I don’t get? If you are healthy enough to play, you play. The only person he is hurting is himself. His value has plummeted because of this. People think he is soft. People think he’s avoiding playing.

duncan2k5
04-03-2018, 06:28 AM
You didn’t answer the question my man. We know that SA’s team has cleared Kawhi, but Kawhis team has not. Do you think SA would clear Kawhi if they thought he was injured and/or that it could get worse and threaten his career?

yes...if they believe his injury isnt serious enough to NOT play...they let aldridge play...they let kawhi play after he sprained his ankle a second time...they DO let players play when hurt...kawhi was very CLEARLY limping after games when he played after coming back...something was obviously wrong...but obviously not wrong enough for the medical staff to keep him out...the word that he was misdiagnosed is very troubling, and it CAN happen to the best doctors...it is also telling that according to pop recently, SA doctors ended up agreeing with Kawhi's doctors...so that gives credence to why kawhi would not fully trust the doctors...if youre telling me im good enough to play, but im hurting the day after...im NOT good enough to play...the truth is they want to send manu/;arker out on a high...so they are a bit less lenient when it comes to injuries than before...if manu and parker werent on the team, and our record was better, there is no way LA plays that last game..pop woud probably have sit him until a game or two to go in the season...but the CIRCUMSTANCES made them do something they wouldnt have normally done....and the fact that they made a point of commending LA for playing through the pain for his teammates is VERY disturbing

duncan2k5
04-03-2018, 06:32 AM
This is truly one of the worst things I've ever seen from a player in this league. To outright refuse to play is sickening. He is in breach of his contract and should be sued. I hope he is banned from the NBA. I'd rather have anyone else in the league than this sob pos.

Any fan who is defending Kawhi at this point is not a Spurs fan. They are a Kawhi homersucker playerfan who doesn't give a poop what happens to this team.

u do realize he is sitting out because he is injured, right? you think he is traveling with SA doctors to go see his doctors....doing all this intense rehab...playing in 3- on-3s and 4 on 4s just for fun? he is injured and trying to return....YOU are sick for not believing he is when he CLEARLY was limping after the each of the 9 games he played...u want the guy to play injured just so you feel better about yourself? you are the same ones who criticized pop for letting kawhi play with a sprained ankle before he got Zaza'd...

duncan2k5
04-03-2018, 06:34 AM
I have heard this and it still does not make any sense to me. If he was misdiagnosed, the diagnoses would have been corrected a long time ago. Everybody knows what exactly is going on by now. He has not had surgery. The injury is still one that Is being rehabilitated. So being angry and not playing is something I don’t get? If you are healthy enough to play, you play. The only person he is hurting is himself. His value has plummeted because of this. People think he is soft. People think he’s avoiding playing.

exactly...which is why he ISNT holding out...the guy is ACTUALLY hurting...u think he was acting when he was limping after the games he played this year? ppl who are saying kawhi and his group wants to play elsewhere is COMPLETELY making stuff up...not one single credible source has said that...everything theyve done and said points to him wanting to play and stay in SA...the irony is that Pop, Manu, and Parker seem to be doing their best to make him want to leave

dbreiden83080
04-03-2018, 06:56 AM
exactly...which is why he ISNT holding out...the guy is ACTUALLY hurting...u think he was acting when he was limping after the games he played this year? ppl who are saying kawhi and his group wants to play elsewhere is COMPLETELY making stuff up...not one single credible source has said that...everything theyve done and said points to him wanting to play and stay in SA...the irony is that Pop, Manu, and Parker seem to be doing their best to make him want to leave

Well if he has a leg injury that is just not going to heal for an entire year in spite of the fact that he never had surgery, they need to get rid of him. Why would we want him to stay? Someone that injury prone is not going to have a long-term future. We have people with full blown ACL tears back sooner than him. Imagine if he blew his ACL. He will be out like three seasons.

YGWHI
04-03-2018, 07:08 AM
To be fair, the "others" former players didn't talk about the contract in that way...I heard them talking more about Kawhi's injury, and how they believe him.

Shaq said "He's a class act, if the man says he's injured, he's injured". Payton says "Kawhi has to hear his own body"...In a sense, only a player knows his body better than doctors.

Also, on both shows, people talked about how many times in NHL/NBA history team's medical staffs cleared players who were still injured.

I like Chuck. Like you say, he's crazy but also genuine. He was right when he says Kawhi was the best player and MVP last season and is right now.

He's not saying that Kawhi is faking an injury, he just says players shouldn't care about contracts when they are on the court. And he's right, they shouldn't...Kawhi is not doing it so I have no issue with what he said.

YGWHI
04-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Well if he has a leg injury that is just not going to heal for an entire year in spite of the fact that he never had surgery, they need to get rid of him.
Don't worry, they will.

I'd have liked they keep him but it's not a big deal.

There is still life without Kawhi for the Spurs and viceversa. Damn..Spurs lost Tim Duncan and survived. They can afford to lose Kawhi.

Spurs traded injured/heart disease Oberto and other players in a three-team-trade to make space to RJ, they traded injured Tiago to make space for LMA, it's likely they will trade injured Kawhi to make space for...LeBron? Could be. And sounds great.

Not sure why some people are getting mad...Players get injured all time, players get traded every season...It's not a big deal.

dbestpro
04-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Barkley is an Uncle Tom, whose shtick is predicated on bashing "African-Americans" incessantly because he knows that appeals and ingratiates him to whites.

He's right in this instance, but in a general sense tribalism has been a significant factor in the slanted coverage of this situation.

If you read the book, you will find out that Uncle Tom was a martyr and a hero. Just saying.

dbestpro
04-03-2018, 09:14 AM

See how the Spurs handled LMA's trade request to see if the Spurs are going to trade Leonard. He will be here until he walks away losing 2 years of his prime.

bigfan
04-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Barkley is just the best, calls it like it is.

Play Boban
04-03-2018, 10:51 AM
u do realize he is sitting out because he is injured, right? you think he is traveling with SA doctors to go see his doctors....doing all this intense rehab...playing in 3- on-3s and 4 on 4s just for fun? he is injured and trying to return....YOU are sick for not believing he is when he CLEARLY was limping after the each of the 9 games he played...u want the guy to play injured just so you feel better about yourself? you are the same ones who criticized pop for letting kawhi play with a sprained ankle before he got Zaza'd...
:lol Keep on living your delusion. :lol

Yeah, he’s “injured” despite being cleared by Spurs doctors months ago. Sure, run with that. Are you Kawhi’s uncle, by the way?

ginobilized
04-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Here are some recklessly unfounded ideas: maybe CIA Pop is trying to rebuild for next year and is creating
this diversion for the goal of landing LeBron and having Kawhi healthy. It’s clear they are not title favs this year
anyway. Maybe it’s a false distraction, knowing that Kawhi will return this season? Maybe it’s over between the two sides?

Truth be told no one knows what’s going on.

duncan2k5
04-03-2018, 01:31 PM
:lol Keep on living your delusion. :lol

Yeah, he’s “injured” despite being cleared by Spurs doctors months ago. Sure, run with that. Are you Kawhi’s uncle, by the way?

Just like It, right? And we are just going to ignore reports of the misdiagnosis because we now hate Kawhi, right? Dumb set of fans, I swear... Now I see what ppl have been saying

Play Boban
04-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Just like It, right? And we are just going to ignore reports of the misdiagnosis because we now hate Kawhi, right? Dumb set of fans, I swear... Now I see what ppl have been saying

:cry

Phenomanul
04-03-2018, 02:36 PM

You and Play Boban are on opposite extremes of fan reaction. The ridiculous part is that neither of you can see it.

Chinook
04-03-2018, 02:38 PM

:lmao Calling Apa's threads "reports." :lmao

daslicer
04-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Even that is bs. The only thing I have heard is supposedly the spurs misdiagnosed this injury back in 2012. So Kawhi is upset about an injury the spurs misdiagnosed 6 years ago but since then have been on top of it. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

tholdren
04-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Don't worry, they will.

I'd have liked they keep him but it's not a big deal.

There is still life without Kawhi for the Spurs and viceversa. Damn..Spurs lost Tim Duncan and survived. They can afford to lose Kawhi.

Spurs traded injured/heart disease Oberto and other players in a three-team-trade to make space to RJ, they traded injured Tiago to make space for LMA, it's likely they will trade injured Kawhi to make space for...LeBron? Could be. And sounds great.

Not sure why some people are getting mad...Players get injured all time, players get traded every season...It's not a big deal.

Hes not injured