PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Sowell on The Effects of Victimology

Nathan89
04-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Watch the first 1:30 and you'll probably watch it all.

"Liberals have wreaked more havoc on blacks than the supposed "legacy of slavery" they talk about."-Thomas Sowell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4

Chris
04-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Will watch and review tomorrow.

Spurminator
04-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Sounds like everything else I've ever read by Sowell.

For more victimology, see below.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against

A majority of whites say discrimination against them exists in America today, according to a poll released Tuesday from NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it," said 68-year-old Tim Hershman of Akron, Ohio, "and, basically, you know, if you want any help from the government, if you're white, you don't get it. If you're black, you get it."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/11/22/poll-almost-half-of-white-southerners-feel-like-theyre-under-attack-n2406221

A poll showed that a significant amount of white southerners feel they’re under attack. I can see how. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but the fact remains that Confederate statues, the flag, etc. are all cornerstones of southern culture.

https://www.poynter.org/news/trump-causing-democrats-trust-media-more-while-republicans-are-endorsing-more-extreme-views

More than 60% of respondents who identified as approving of Trump agreed with the president’s statement that the media is an “enemy of the American people.” Among Trump disapprovers, roughly 15% agreed with the statement. When asked if they agree with the statement that the media “keep political leaders from doing their job,” the percentages were roughly the same.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/5/christians-facing-increased-persecution-america-po/

Sixty-three percent of respondents in the LifeWay Research survey said they agree or strongly agree that Christians are facing growing levels of persecution, up from 50 percent in 2013.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/24/politics/white-working-class-evangelicals/index.html

Nearly 90% of working class whites who are evangelical Christians believe Christian values are under attack in America today.

And one from Sewell himself on poor victims of progressive taxation.
https://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2010/08/18/dismantling-america-part-ii-n954018

A couple making $125,000 a year each are not rich, even though together they reach that magic $250,000 income level. In most cases, they haven't been making $125,000 a year all their working lives. Far more often, they have reached this level after decades of working their way up from lower incomes-- and now the government steps in to grab the reward they have earned over the years.

The most dangerous corruption is a corruption of a nation's soul. That is what this administration is doing.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 01:17 AM
The media is the enemy of the American people. If you don't agree you just like their agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxHOLWiUnA

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 01:19 AM
"If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it,"

That's what happens when you demand equality of outcome. Think we have a thread about that right now.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 01:21 AM
Sixty-three percent of respondents in the LifeWay Research survey said they agree or strongly agree that Christians are facing growing levels of persecution, up from 50 percent in 2013.

The government not allowing people to make cakes for who they want probably has something to do with that.

AaronY
04-03-2018, 02:24 AM
The government not allowing people to make cakes for who they want probably has something to do with that.
You sound like a whiny bitch yourself tbh. but thats okay because you're whining about the good stuff, the right stuff

AaronY
04-03-2018, 02:25 AM
My whining's different than their whining!

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 02:41 AM
You sound like a whiny bitch yourself tbh. but thats okay because you're whining about the good stuff, the right stuff

It's not whining to expect the government to not force people to do things. That was a overstep by the government.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 02:43 AM
The left is trying to be so damn controlling. There is a massive change coming toward them. Regular sensible left are waking up to how controlling they are becoming. The left is headed in a terrible direction.

AaronY
04-03-2018, 03:44 AM
It's not whining to expect the government to not force people to do things. That was a overstep by the government.
waah waah waah. gd you ever stop whining about liberals and typical right wing crybaby shit? like do you take a five to take a crap or do you take the smartphone into the bathroom with you to see the hannity outrage updates or whatever

boutons_deux
04-03-2018, 06:24 AM
The left is trying to be so damn controlling. There is a massive change coming toward them. Regular sensible left are waking up to how controlling they are becoming. The left is headed in a terrible direction.

:lol goddamn, you're fucking stupid

white evangelical Bible-humpers are pushing the fairy-tale, hate-sodden Bibllical ethics, morals into govt and down non-Christians throats.

If the SECULAUR USA denies the their attacks, the white evangelical Bible-humpers LIE that they are being persecuted.

who's "so damn controlling" ?

Passing or at least proposing laws and regs for the common good and against the oligarchy's predations is not "controlling", it's fucking how govt is supposed to work

baseline bum
04-03-2018, 06:48 AM
LOL Trumptards playing the victim like their Dear Leader

AaronY
04-03-2018, 06:58 AM
LOL Trumptards playing the victim like their Dear Leader
We're losing everything!

Blake
04-03-2018, 07:00 AM
The media is the enemy of the American people. If you don't agree you just like their agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxHOLWiUnA

Oh the ol' if you're not against them you're with them logic.

Because that always wins the Internets.

Blake
04-03-2018, 07:01 AM
waah waah waah. gd you ever stop whining about liberals and typical right wing crybaby shit? like do you take a five to take a crap or do you take the smartphone into the bathroom with you to see the hannity outrage updates or whatever

I usually play clash Royale

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 07:14 AM

white evangelical Bible-humpers are pushing the fairy-tale, hate-sodden Bibllical ethics, morals into govt and down non-Christians throats.

If the SECULAUR USA denies the their attacks, the white evangelical Bible-humpers LIE that they are being persecuted.

who's "so damn controlling" ?

Passing or at least proposing laws and regs for the common good and against the oligarchy's predations is not "controlling", it's fucking how govt is supposed to work

Regardless of your position of religion that's a gross overstep of government to force someone to cater to someone. They have plenty options to get a cake. You don't need big daddy government to hold a gun to someones head to do it.

The left is controlling in many ways. This is just one of many.

boutons_deux
04-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Regardless of your position of religion that's a gross overstep of government to force someone to cater to someone. They have plenty options to get a cake. You don't need big daddy government to hold a gun to someones head to do it.

hate-sodden Christian Sharia is now effectively the law of the land.

America is fucked and unfuckable, thanks to the oligarchy, Christian supremacists, white male supremacists, all pandered to by the Repug whores.

Expert
04-03-2018, 08:11 AM
Sounds like everything else I've ever read by Sowell.

For more victimology, see below.

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/24/559604836/majority-of-white-americans-think-theyre-discriminated-against

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/11/22/poll-almost-half-of-white-southerners-feel-like-theyre-under-attack-n2406221

https://www.poynter.org/news/trump-causing-democrats-trust-media-more-while-republicans-are-endorsing-more-extreme-views

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/5/christians-facing-increased-persecution-america-po/

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/24/politics/white-working-class-evangelicals/index.html

And one from Sewell himself on poor victims of progressive taxation.
https://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2010/08/18/dismantling-america-part-ii-n954018

Sowell

Leave it to the left to bait and switch between Sowell to random guy in Akron.

Spurminator
04-03-2018, 09:26 AM
My whining's different than their whining!

Yep.

Spurminator
04-03-2018, 09:28 AM

The media is not monolithic. If you don't like a media channel, you can choose another one. Sowing distrust in the media as a whole and requiring that we believe our leaders without question is Tyranny 101. Don't be such a sucker.

Spurminator
04-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Sowell

Leave it to the left to bait and switch between Sowell to random guy in Akron.

Leave it to DMC to get so excited to levy some edgy typo smack that he ignores the correct spelling earlier in the post. :lol

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:11 AM
hate-sodden Christian Sharia is now effectively the law of the land.

America is fucked and unfuckable, thanks to the oligarchy, Christian supremacists, white male supremacists, all pandered to by the Repug whores.

Comparing not being able to force someone to make you a cake to getting stoned to death.:lol

Some people love themselves a big controlling government.

Blake
04-03-2018, 10:14 AM

So you're cool if the baker sells to "whites only" if the baker wants to.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:19 AM
The media is not monolithic. If you don't like a media channel, you can choose another one. Sowing distrust in the media as a whole and requiring that we believe our leaders without question is Tyranny 101. Don't be such a sucker.

You'll probably get an awful narrative on all of them. I just know cnn best. That shit station was absolutely terrible for Bernie's primary campaign. Haven't watched much of them since then but they are always pushing some shit agenda/narrative.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:33 AM

It's preferable to an intrusive government stepping in and forcing someone to do something.

These types of things would be very rare. Even in the past companies would've been more willing to serve black customers but Jim crow laws forced division. The free market takes care of most of this shit.

boutons_deux
04-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Comparing not being able to force someone to make you a cake to getting stoned to death.:lol

Some people love themselves a big controlling government.

Christian supremacist hatez gonna hate

I want govt to protect us all from Christians and the oligarchy.

monosylab1k
04-03-2018, 10:39 AM
The media is the enemy of the American people.

Except Sinclair, right?

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Distorted views are going to stay distorted.

monosylab1k
04-03-2018, 10:46 AM
:lmao

When the media leans liberal:

The media is the enemy of the American people. If you don't agree you just like their agenda

When the media leans conservative:

“LIBERAL MEDIA IS THE ENEMY! THEY NEED TO BE DESTROYED!.........oh there’s also conservative media? *shrug* eh, what are you gonna do?”

clambake
04-03-2018, 10:47 AM

give examples, please.

Blake
04-03-2018, 10:48 AM
It's preferable to an intrusive government stepping in and forcing someone to do something.

Yeah, I'm sure blacks would totally prefer it.

You're a crazy loon.

I bet you believe 9/11 was an inside job too.

Blake
04-03-2018, 10:49 AM
:lmao

When the media leans liberal:

When the media leans conservative:

“LIBERAL MEDIA IS THE ENEMY! THEY NEED TO BE DESTROYED!.........oh there’s also conservative media? *shrug* eh, what are you gonna do?”

Fox and friends of the American people

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I'm sure blacks would totally prefer it.

You're a crazy loon.

I bet you believe 9/11 was an inside job too.

You don't measure what is preferable like that. Free speech is preferable. Some people are going hate things that are said. For example a racist group marching. In the end free speech is still preferable.

Nathan89
04-03-2018, 10:56 AM
I didn't say any media needs to be destroyed.

Blake
04-03-2018, 10:57 AM
You don't measure what is preferable like that. Free speech is preferable. Some people are going hate things that are said. For example a racist group marching. In the end free speech is still preferable.

What? The consensus is that the CRA is preferable.

It's your single retarded opinion that racial discrimination is preferable.

You're stupid. And arrogant to boot. I predict many lols coming soon at your expense.

Spurminator
04-03-2018, 10:57 AM
These types of things would be very rare. Even in the past companies would've been more willing to serve black customers but Jim crow laws forced division. The free market takes care of most of this shit.

They may be rare on the whole but I'm guessing you've never been to a town with a population under 5,000 and one bakery.

If you allow one baker to discriminate you're opening up the opportunity for regional pressures to other business to exclude customers for the sake of religion. Christians boycott entire networks for having a TV show with a gay character, you don't think they'd boycott a bakery who provides product to the only gay wedding the town has had in 200 years?

Companies not serving black customers wasn't just about those companies being racist and not wanting "negro money," it was about ensuring their racist clientele kept coming back.

monosylab1k
04-03-2018, 01:04 PM

Is Sinclair Broadcasting the enemy of the American people?

RandomGuy
04-03-2018, 02:08 PM

Hope not.

Trump however, has actively taken steps to harm companies he views as hostile. Blocking Time Warners merger for one, and going to war on Amazon, because it is associated with WaPo.

The right wing war on opposing viewpoints is about as undemocratic as it gets, and is worse than anything leveled on the left in the most fevered fantasies of Sean Hannity.

AaronY
04-03-2018, 10:40 PM
You'll probably get an awful narrative on all of them. I just know cnn best. That shit station was absolutely terrible for Bernie's primary campaign. Haven't watched much of them since then but they are always pushing some shit agenda/narrative.translation "Waaaah Waaaah baby go boom boom in diapey baby need diapey need changed waaah waaah"

Expert
04-04-2018, 01:20 AM
Anyone care to discuss what Sowell actually said?

You can all group together and issue a statement so I can avoid the shit pile you faggots engage in.

Nathan89
04-04-2018, 01:30 AM

You can all group together and issue a statement so I can avoid the shit pile you faggots engage in.

That couldn't possibly be productive than comments like the below. Or asking useless questions that one could probably figure out if they read everything in the thread. The art of deflection.

translation "Waaaah Waaaah baby go boom boom in diapey baby need diapey need changed waaah waaah"

ElNono
04-04-2018, 04:04 AM

I could indulge, especially his last comment is extremely disingenuous, since it completely obviates the fact that a TV sets used to be generally more of less an expensive luxury at the time (average price about $250, minimum wage back then was $1 current US dollars, about 250 salaries worth), whereas in 1990 the minimum wage was about $3.80 current US dollars, and a TV could be had for about $80 (more or less 25 salaries worth).

Same thing with his first comment about single parent homes. It just so happened that divorce rates really spiked up between the 60's and 90's... not just black people, but everybody:

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/06/marriages_divorces2.png&w=480

So, in actual context, it makes sense that happened.

The problem with 'back in the day' anecdotes is just that, they're anecdotes. Without actually putting them in context, they're just meaningless.

Also, OP is to the right everything he complains about the left, tbh. It would be actually interesting to hear his take on what precludes black people from meeting a demand of equality of outcomes...

I'll continue to enjoy my white privilege while we wait.

ElNono
04-04-2018, 04:15 AM
Also noteworthy, Sowell comes from the Stigler Chicago school of Economics... Forefathers of Globalization...

Gotta thread carefully there.

ElNono
04-04-2018, 04:25 AM
BTW, I have nothing against Sowell, I think he's a great author, but the world passed him by.

As a society we moved on from the social conservatism of the 60's, the social taboos, religion's influence on society, etc...

The fact that Trump of all people got elected as the conservative candidate pretty much says it all when it comes to social conservatism, tbh... just put the last nail on the coffin...

spurraider21
04-04-2018, 08:19 AM
No. Much better to fixate on typos

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 08:31 AM
"Liberals have wreaked more havoc on blacks than the supposed "legacy of slavery" they talk about."

I guess he offers evidence but I'm not going to listen to him, is there a transcript?

and You People (so-called conservatives) have done, evidence?, are doing (with WH, Congress, SCOTUS control) what for blacks, eg, since 1990?

sickdsm
04-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Doesn't seem much different than the Indian preference applied help wanted ads..........

Blake
04-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Doesn't seem much different than the Indian preference applied help wanted ads..........

Nope, that's much different.

The similarity would be if you denied Native Americans employment specifically because they are Native Americans.

monosylab1k
04-04-2018, 10:12 AM
That couldn't possibly be productive than comments like the below. Or asking useless questions that one could probably figure out if they read everything in the thread. The art of deflection.

Is Sinclair Broadcasting the enemy of the American people?

sickdsm
04-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Nope, that's much different.

The similarity would be if you denied Native Americans employment specifically because they are Native Americans.

Ahhh, so your saying that if the baker says "white patrons preferred" he can legally discriminate because he COULD sell to any other race but he just chose not to?

Blake
04-04-2018, 12:22 PM
Ahhh, so your saying that if the baker says "white patrons preferred" he can legally discriminate because he COULD sell to any other race but he just chose not to?

Lol what a mess of a post.

No, he can't choose to not sell to other races because of their race. It's the law.

You're an idiot.

sickdsm
04-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Lol what a mess of a post.

No, he can't choose to not sell to other races because of their race. It's the law.

You're an idiot.

But no problem choosing not to hire other races because of their race?

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 12:43 PM

also illegal, Equal Opportunity law (but LGBT are not protected at Federal level. won't happen with Repugs, and probably with Repugs in minority but big enough to block it)

Expert
04-04-2018, 12:43 PM
No. Much better to fixate on typos
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/eyeroll.gif

monosylab1k
04-04-2018, 12:45 PM

His name is Robert Paulson.

Blake
04-04-2018, 12:46 PM

Yeah also illegal.

Lol you really don't know what you're talking about.

Expert
04-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Yeah also illegal.

No it's not. It's only illegal if you openly admit it.

Blake
04-04-2018, 04:28 PM

No shit. Thanks, counselor.

AaronY
04-04-2018, 04:29 PM
You do whine like a bitch tho

It's your defining ST characteristic tbh

spurraider21
04-04-2018, 04:50 PM
not true. it can be more difficult to prove otherwise, but that doesn't make it legal

Expert
04-04-2018, 06:17 PM
not true. it can be more difficult to prove otherwise, but that doesn't make it legal

No shit. Thanks, counselor.
:lol

spurraider21
04-04-2018, 07:01 PM
it would be funny if all acts were legal as long as you dont openly admit to wrongdoing tbh :lol

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Th'Pusher
04-04-2018, 08:04 PM

I could indulge, especially his last comment is extremely disingenuous, since it completely obviates the fact that a TV sets used to be generally more of less an expensive luxury at the time (average price about $250, minimum wage back then was $1 current US dollars, about 250 salaries worth), whereas in 1990 the minimum wage was about $3.80 current US dollars, and a TV could be had for about $80 (more or less 25 salaries worth).

Same thing with his first comment about single parent homes. It just so happened that divorce rates really spiked up between the 60's and 90's... not just black people, but everybody:

https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/06/marriages_divorces2.png&w=480

So, in actual context, it makes sense that happened.

The problem with 'back in the day' anecdotes is just that, they're anecdotes. Without actually putting them in context, they're just meaningless.

Also, OP is to the right everything he complains about the left, tbh. It would be actually interesting to hear his take on what precludes black people from meeting a demand of equality of outcomes...

I'll continue to enjoy my white privilege while we wait.

crickets

:lol ol’ “No Take” DMC slithers into another thread.

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 08:24 PM
it would be funny if all acts were legal as long as you dont openly admit to wrongdoing tbh :lol

REPUG Tricky Dick Nixon's "ethics"

"It's not what you do, but what you get caught doing"

Blake
04-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Mine was sarcastic

Spurminator
04-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Relevant thoughts from Madeline Albright.

What Trump is doing is making America seem like a victim. Everything is somebody else's fault: Countries are taking advantage of us. The Mexicans are sending drug dealers. Countries are not paying their dues. The trading system is unfair. And by making Americans seem like victims all the time, it then is able to, again, make the divisions stronger in terms of who is with us, who is not with us, and it's totally anti-American foreign policy. And so I think it's very, very worrisome in terms of this victimhood.

I don't see America as a victim. I see America as the most powerful country in the world that has a role to play, standing up for democratic ideals and human rights across the board.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/03/599120190/madeleine-albright-warns-dont-let-fascism-go-unnoticed-until-its-too-late?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180404

koriwhat
04-04-2018, 09:42 PM

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/03/599120190/madeleine-albright-warns-dont-let-fascism-go-unnoticed-until-its-too-late?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180404

fuck albright... everything she stated was correct about the USA getting shafted. is she going to actually speak about that or just chalk it up to djt trying to turn this country into a victim of sorts?

i'd love to see all our tax dollars revoked from all countries and used here instead. fuck helping the world out. let them all rot from the south to the north and the east to the west globally.

Expert
04-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Mine was sarcastic
tongue-in-cheek, right? :lol

Expert
04-04-2018, 10:03 PM

No politician runs on the platform of "we are fine here, let's send help elsewhere"

Of course she thinks the US should do more to help whatever cause, because it means everyone else can do less. It's not victim mentality to say "I'm not paying for everyone".

Blake
04-04-2018, 10:06 PM
tongue-in-cheek, right? :lol

Did you really think I suddenly flip flopped because you said I was wrong? :lol

Nathan89
04-04-2018, 10:07 PM

Pointing out problems and then putting together plans to fix those problems is not being a victim.

Spurminator
04-04-2018, 10:17 PM
No politician runs on the platform of "we are fine here, let's send help elsewhere"

Of course she thinks the US should do more to help whatever cause, because it means everyone else can do less. It's not victim mentality to say "I'm not paying for everyone".

Every single President until Trump has supported NATO since it was signed in 1949. All of them. :lol

And anyway, her quote isn't just about NATO. Trump is the most persecuted person every to hold office in this country, according to him, and his followers eat that shit right up. Victimology 101.

Spurminator
04-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Pointing out problems and then putting together plans to fix those problems is not being a victim.

... unless the problems being addressed involve racial imbalance.

Nathan89
04-04-2018, 10:43 PM
... unless the problems being addressed involve racial imbalance.

I've never said something like that tbh.

Spurminator
04-04-2018, 11:17 PM

Sowell did.

In the video that you started a thread for.

This one.

Blake
04-04-2018, 11:18 PM
Sowell did.

This one.

AaronY
04-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Lol fucking dumbass

At least he's not whining like a little bitch anymore though. nathan guy needs a tampon to plug up his bleeding cooze he complains about leftism so much

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 11:41 PM
Repugs went nuts with Obama about picking winners and losers, intervening in the market

... But are completely silent while Trash attacks and hurts companies

Nathan89
04-04-2018, 11:58 PM
Sowell did.

This one.

Can you be more specific what comment you are referring to?

Nathan89
04-04-2018, 11:59 PM
A lot of name calling in here.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 12:06 AM

:lmao did you not watch the video that you posted?

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 12:07 AM

Well you’re a fucking retard, there’s no way to sugarcoat it.

AaronY
04-05-2018, 12:16 AM
boo hoo

boo

hoo

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 12:29 AM
:lmao did you not watch the video that you posted?

I want specifics. From what I remember the video did point out problems and solutions to tackle imbalances. He just doesn't like shitty solutions like affirmative action. Or solutions that make problems worse.

AaronY
04-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Can you plug that up with a tampon or something? seriously every time you post its like the elevator scene in the shining tbh

Expert
04-05-2018, 01:28 AM
Did you really think I suddenly flip flopped because you said I was wrong? :lol
Yes. You cannot seem to make up your mind on it.

Expert
04-05-2018, 01:34 AM
Every single President until Trump has supported NATO since it was signed in 1949. All of them. :lol

And anyway, her quote isn't just about NATO. Trump is the most persecuted person every to hold office in this country, according to him, and his followers eat that shit right up. Victimology 101.

I'd say he's ragged on more than any president in the history of this country, at least by the liberal media. He's a tool most of the time, but that doesn't forgive the fact that other nations expect the US to foot the bill on every endeavor while they cast aspersions from the sidelines.

I will agree that, in order to address the promises he made during his campaign, he has to piss a lot of people off and do things that go against the grain in DC. It's likely all a rouse, but you'd have to make stark changes to have any effect at all, since the powerful folk have embedded so deep into the system that all we ever seem to get is a hint of a change, then nothing.

8 years of Obama. What's different today in your life than it was before he was elected?

ElNono
04-05-2018, 05:54 AM
I'd say he's ragged on more than any president in the history of this country, at least by the liberal media. He's a tool most of the time, but that doesn't forgive the fact that other nations expect the US to foot the bill on every endeavor while they cast aspersions from the sidelines.

It's a two-way street, tbh... The US also uses NATO to project power worldwide, and it also works as a deterrent for other nations to build up their own armament, nuclear race, etc. In that sense, one can theorize that strategically, it makes the world a safer place.

I personally don't like the US taking the role of world police, but mostly because of excesses from war hawks. Even though Russia got laughed off since the Cold War, you can see that as soon as the US steps back a bit, they're ready to step up again. And there's other big players as well now, like China, who, at the end of the day, are not a democracy either, and don't have to abide by democratic rules.

I will agree that, in order to address the promises he made during his campaign, he has to piss a lot of people off and do things that go against the grain in DC. It's likely all a rouse, but you'd have to make stark changes to have any effect at all, since the powerful folk have embedded so deep into the system that all we ever seem to get is a hint of a change, then nothing.

8 years of Obama. What's different today in your life than it was before he was elected?

This is true, and I mentioned he'll likely finish his term and not much will change, IMO. However, that predictability and long-term view is actually an asset that most other countries don't have, and leaders with his volatility make a fairly bad dent in that trust. With that said, realistically it will take more than an administration or two to effect real, tangible change, because it indicates a mission change, and I don't think that's really happening. Most countries will just likely wait out this clown.

sickdsm
04-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Yeah also illegal.

Yet tribal entities can freely post help wanted ads in the newspaper with "Indian preference applied, EOE".

Yet you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Blake
04-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Yes. You cannot seem to make up your mind on it.

I can't dumb down the word "illegal" any more for you. Being retarded is on you.

Blake
04-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Yet tribal entities can freely post help wanted ads in the newspaper with "Indian preference applied, EOE".

Yet you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Did you get beat out of a casino job or something? Give a specific example of what you're rambling about.

Native American hiring preference is federal law. It's a really good bet you still really don't know what you're talking about.

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enIb4SxINos

Victimology is rampant.

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 07:22 PM
your spamming of the same video all over this forum is rampant

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 07:24 PM
your spamming of the same video all over this forum is rampant

The entire video is relevant to this thread more so than the specific point after 8:20 that I mentioned elsewhere.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 07:29 PM

Victimology is rampant.

Did you actually watch this one?

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 07:32 PM
i'm surprised we haven't gotten a Dennis Prager video yet

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Did you actually watch this one?

I watch all the videos I post.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 09:26 PM

Sowell did.

This one.

:lmao yeah, it sure sounds like a guy who watched the video he posted.

Isitjustme?
04-05-2018, 10:40 PM

Victimology is rampant.
Yeah, she does seem like a whiny little victim.

sickdsm
04-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Yeah also illegal.

Did you get beat out of a casino job or something? Give a specific example of what you're rambling about.

Native American hiring preference is federal law. It's a really good bet you still really don't know what you're talking about.

Way to show your racism Blake. Might as well drop some smallpox references while you're at it.

sickdsm
04-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Translation: descrimination is kosher s long as there is a law supporting it.

Do you really think reservations consist only of casinos? What is your experiences with reservations?

Blake
04-06-2018, 07:02 PM
Way to show your racism Blake. Might as well drop some smallpox references while you're at it.

Lol because it's illegal I'm racist?

You're an idiot.

sickdsm
04-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Lol because it's illegal I'm racist?

You're an idiot.
Because your casino job reference you idiot.

Blake
04-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Translation: descrimination is kosher s long as there is a law supporting it.

Do you really think reservations consist only of casinos? What is your experiences with reservations?

None. I don't think it's kosher but the US doesn't enforce law on tribal land so I'm not gonna cry about it.

What job are you referring to? Did you get beat by a native American because of the hiring preference?

Blake
04-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Because your casino job reference you idiot.

Give a specific example of what you're rambling about.

sickdsm
04-06-2018, 10:09 PM
None. I don't think it's kosher but the US doesn't enforce law on tribal land so I'm not gonna cry about it.

What job are you referring to? Did you get beat by a native American because of the hiring preference?

So I have to personally be hit in my pocket book to have an issue with a racist policy? Is that what defines your political views?

Are you cool with that or are you only a SJW on other racial injustices?

As far as which job, all of them that they put an ad in a paper for. Lots of them are $100k jobs.