PDA

View Full Version : Taking another look at Kawhi's most recent interview...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2018, 12:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5250-Q5gWtc

Interesting things to note:

He was in touch with Popovich through the rehab process, he says he "talks to Pop everyday"

He says "I don't feel like it was tension" when addressing rumours that Kawhi's rehab process generated rift with the team

He says that "I'm a competitor... If I can play, I'm gonna go out and play" and that "during the nine games.. tested it out... and it wasn't where we wanted it to be."

He notes the rehab in New York was a group effort, steps in a protocol that he's doing. Emphasizes everything was done as a group

Now, it's perfectly fine to believe that this is all stuff he just has to say and that something much different is going on in his head or behind closed doors. But I think this video isn't really talked about enough and that it should mean something to hear what the guy himself has to say. Or not, if you believe players never speak the truth, which is fair.

Joseph Kony
04-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Thanks for reposting something we saw already and offering no new insight into the discussion :tu

daslicer
04-03-2018, 12:35 PM
I"m shocked Amuseddaysleeper out of all people would believe Kawhi is telling the truth since he is usually the most pessimistic poster in here. Another sign the world is coming to an end since Amuseddaysleeper is optimistic about this situation.

SpursforSix
04-03-2018, 12:35 PM
He was in touch with Popovich through the rehab process, he says he "talks to Pop everyday"

ring ring...
KL: "Huhlo"
:pop: "Kawhi, it's Greg."

KL: "uh...who"

:pop: "your coach"

Kl: "hey"

:pop: "are you going to play tonight?"

KL: "no"

:pop: "ok" (hangs up)

:pop: "fucking bitch"

coachmac87
04-03-2018, 12:45 PM

He says "I don't feel like it was tension" when addressing rumours that Kawhi's rehab process generated rift with the team

He says that "I'm a competitor... If I can play, I'm gonna go out and play" and that "during the nine games.. tested it out... and it wasn't where we wanted it to be."

He notes the rehab in New York was a group effort, steps in a protocol that he's doing. Emphasizes everything was done as a group

Now, it's perfectly fine to believe that this is all stuff he just has to say and that something much different is going on in his head or behind closed doors. But I think this video isn't really talked about enough and that it should mean something to hear what the guy himself has to say. Or not, if you believe players never speak the truth, which is fair.

The media is going to blow things out of proportion..it’s what they do. They can get people to buy into a lot of things...they convinced the entire country Hillary was going to become president..

I find it hilarious people are adding to the story that he wants to be more marketable and he’s “ protecting” himself and pretty much refusing to play...that’s the “story/narrative” the want to push cause it’s controversial and controversy sells...

I’ll say this tho..this interview was a counter to Pop saying Kawhi was pretty much done this year and time ran out.. Kawhi wants more control and dictate things. It’s a power trip and he’s using it...he’s the captain now and isn’t your BFF like Duncan was

jehawk81
04-03-2018, 12:47 PM
ring ring...

:lol:lol:lol

duncan2k5
04-03-2018, 01:16 PM

EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!

SAGirl
04-03-2018, 01:22 PM
I"m shocked Amuseddaysleeper out of all people would believe Kawhi is telling the truth since he is usually the most pessimistic poster in here. Another sign the world is coming to an end since Amuseddaysleeper is optimistic about this situation.
We are in opposite world.... (archer reference).

Frankly I have given credibility to Kiwi, it's just that IMO him sitting out an entire season due to a non-surgically treatable injury is no less worrying. The media has exploited this for all its worth and it just adds uncertainty and doubt to an already really uncertain and worrisome injury and situation. This thing is going to continue all through the playoffs and summer until he's either re-signed or is traded.

SAGirl
04-03-2018, 01:32 PM
ring ring...

saying they talk about it every day is kinda exaggerated by Kiwi.
On Nov 2, 2017 Pop said

“I don't even ask. Seriously. When [the medical staff tells] me he's ready then I'll know he's ready," said Popovich. "[Leonard] doesn't like to be bugged about it all the time. I don't want to hear about it all the time. [The media is] going to ask the question and I understand. When they tell me he's ready to go, then I'll look at him on the court and I'll decide if I agree. Then he and I can talk about it. But the first step is for them to tell me he is ready to go."
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/even-popovich-doesnt-know-when-kawhi-leonard-will-return

SpursforSix
04-03-2018, 01:34 PM
On Nov 2, 2017 Pop said

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/even-popovich-doesnt-know-when-kawhi-leonard-will-return

For $19,000,000...just to sit around...he ought to be sucking Pop's dick every day.

SAGirl
04-03-2018, 01:36 PM
For $19,000,000...just to sit around...he ought to be sucking Pop's dick every day.
:toast

:lmao But but Kiwi is a victim here. That damn PATFO is horrible it's their fault.... --- kiwistans

SAGirl
04-03-2018, 01:46 PM
The media is going to blow things out of proportion..it’s what they do. They can get people to buy into a lot of things...they convinced the entire country Hillary was going to become president..

I find it hilarious people are adding to the story that he wants to be more marketable and he’s “ protecting” himself and pretty much refusing to play...that’s the “story/narrative” the want to push cause it’s controversial and controversy sells...

I’ll say this tho..this interview was a counter to Pop saying Kawhi was pretty much done this year and time ran out.. Kawhi wants more control and dictate things. It’s a power trip and he’s using it...he’s the captain now and isn’t your BFF like Duncan was
If that interview was a power trip it backfired bc he is still not ready to go. So him saying he was coming back soon and that his rehab was going great was meaningless. What Pop said was more in tune with has turned out to be the reality and is more meaningful.

coachmac87
04-03-2018, 04:55 PM
If that interview was a power trip it backfired bc he is still not ready to go. So him saying he was coming back soon and that his rehab was going great was meaningless. What Pop said was more in tune with has turned out to be the reality and is more meaningful.

No it was more like Kawhi will determine when he’s coming back...whether there’s 12 games left or 1. That’s why he hasn’t been ruled out yet...Spurs are ready to move on...Kawhi is the one who isn’t...

It was kind of a threat from Kawhi to PATFO imo and it’s made things uncomfortable..hence the “player meeting” from Pop

Mugen
04-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Yeah, things really only took a turn when Porky decided to take the baguette out of his mouth and start taking shots at Kawhi tbh.

John B
04-03-2018, 05:23 PM
I think Spurs getting back to playoff contention has Kawhi back to New York to get that clearance with his team. I still believe we will all see him in the first round. I hope he is in playing shape and can help the team. If ever this is the year to take it from Dubs with their injuries. And I think Spurs can take Houston down the stretch. There is still a chance this be a memorable season :flag:

DPG21920
04-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Yeah, things really only took a turn when Porky decided to take the baguette out of his mouth and start taking shots at Kawhi tbh.

From TP:

First off, fuck your bitch and the family you claim
SA when we ride come equipped with game
You claim to be a player but I fucked your wife
We bust on fake injured players fucked for life
Plus Pop gave me orders see weak injuries I rip
Kawhi and his Uncle just Some mark-ass bitches
TP keep on comin' while we runnin' for more jewels
Steady gunnin, keep on bustin at them fools, you know the rules
Lil' Kawhi, go ask ya homie how I leave ya
Cut your young ass up, leave you in pieces, not playing, you must be deceased
SA doctors, don't fuck around with real G's
Quick to snatch yo' ugly ass off the streets, so fuck peace
I let them media know it's on for life
So let the Spurs with no Kawhi ride tonight
Kawhis excuses murdered on wax and killed
Fuck wit' me and get yo' braids peeled

Mugen
04-03-2018, 05:27 PM
From TP:

First off, fuck your bitch and the family you claim
SA when we ride come equipped with game
You claim to be a player but I fucked your wife
We bust on fake injured players fucked for life
Plus Pop gave me orders see weak injuries I rip
Kawhi and his Uncle just Some mark-ass bitches
TP keep on comin' while we runnin' for more jewels
Steady gunnin, keep on bustin at them fools, you know the rules
Lil' Kawhi, go ask ya homie how I leave ya
Cut your young ass up, leave you in pieces, not playing, you must be deceased
SA doctors, don't fuck around with real G's
Quick to snatch yo' ugly ass off the streets, so fuck peace
I let them media know it's on for life
So let the Spurs with no Kawhi ride tonight
Kawhis excuses murdered on wax and killed
Fuck wit' me and get yo' braids peeled

https://media.ksat.com/photo/2017/03/07/Manu%20Ginobili%20Kawhi%20Reaction_1488909673994_9 101534_ver1.0_640_360.png

BillMc
04-03-2018, 05:28 PM

If he signs the Supermax he can sit around for $40,000,000.

TheDoctor
04-03-2018, 05:33 PM
If he signs the Supermax he can sit around for $40,000,000.
That's a lot of money for an injury prone player tbh Even 19M is.

DJR210
04-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Public enemy #1

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Kawhi-Leonard_s-uncle-denies-reports-of-fissure-between-nephew-and-team.jpg

hater
04-03-2018, 05:36 PM
:lmao sickle cell mothafucka

hater
04-03-2018, 05:37 PM
ring ring...

:lmao

spurraider21
04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
yeah kawhi was about to come back before he said that

BillMc
04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
That's a lot of money for an injury prone player tbh Even 19M is.

Yep. Somehow injury-prone Blake got it....and got traded 6 months later. So, I guess we can rest easy that there is always a taker somewhere. But I am worried about this "group" thing. Is this shit gonna happen everytime Kawhi gets injured for the rest of his career no matter who he plays for? Sounds like a headache to me.

TheDoctor
04-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Yep. Somehow injury-prone Blake got it....and got traded 6 months later. So, I guess we can rest easy that there is always a taker somewhere. But I am worried about this "group" thing. Is this shit gonna happen everytime Kawhi gets injured for the rest of his career no matter who he plays for? Sounds like a headache to me.

Yah, too much damn distractions.

BillMc
04-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Yah, too much damn distractions.

Hey, wait a minute...."Doctor" how do we know you're not one of the "group" that is ruining our season? Clear the man, dammit. :lol

TheDoctor
04-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Hey, wait a minute...."Doctor" how do we know you're not one of the "group" that is ruining our season? Clear the man, dammit. :lol

His heart still hurts :reading

BillMc
04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
His heart still hurts :reading
:lol

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 06:02 PM
ring ring...

:rollin

or

ring ring...

KL: "uh...beep"

:pop: "I know you're there."

Kl: "Kawhi not home rite now, please leave me...uh...him...a-"

:pop: :bang

KL: "-uh .. yeah. He'll get back to you later "

KL: <Playstation game sounds>

:pop: (hangs up)

tholdren
04-03-2018, 06:50 PM
EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!

Which is why everyone knows youre an idiot

dabom
04-03-2018, 06:57 PM
OP with the goods.

tholdren
04-03-2018, 06:58 PM
OP be gay like me

duncan2k5
04-04-2018, 02:57 PM
On Nov 2, 2017 Pop said

Where in this even implies he and Kawhi don't talk everyday? Him saying Kawhi doesn't like being asked about it all the time clearly was referring to the media asking Kawhi about it

tholdren
04-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Where in this even implies he and Kawhi don't talk everyday? Him saying Kawhi doesn't like being asked about it all the time clearly was referring to the media asking Kawhi about it

Your posts are terrible

duncan2k5
04-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Your posts are terrible

So is ur life