PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Minute Restrictions?

playbonner15
04-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Why can't Kawhi and the staff agree on some form of # of minutes of playing time? I think 5-7min is enough just to get a shot off. Or just sub him near the end of the game. If BP3 and White can play at the end, sub in Kawhi and let him dribble the ball until the clock runs out. It's either he really doesnt want to play or he really doesnt want to play. Thoughts?

baseline bum
04-03-2018, 03:30 PM
He can't even wipe his own ass yet and you want to put him on the floor 7 minutes a night to get embarrassed by Tobias Harris and Lolnzo back to back?

BillMc
04-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Because then his numbers would be really low and hurt future shoe deals. Uncle D has this all figured out.

DPG21920
04-03-2018, 05:26 PM
They do have him on a minutes restriction: 0

TheDoctor
04-03-2018, 05:35 PM
:lol:tu

BillMc
04-03-2018, 05:42 PM
:lol

Russ
04-03-2018, 06:12 PM
If Kawhi does come back will Pop allow one of his doctors to sit next to Becky in order to correctly manage Kawhi's minutes?

So in the final ten seconds of the WCF with the Spurs up by one . . .

Pop: "Kawhi you need to shut KD down on this last possession."

Kawhi's Doc: "No, my patient has reached his minutes limit for this game."

Pop: "Okay, sorry doc."

BillMc
04-03-2018, 06:21 PM
If Kawhi does come back will Pop allow one of his doctors to sit next to Becky in order to correctly manage Kawhi's minutes?

So in the final ten seconds of the WCF with the Spurs up by one . . .

Pop: "Kawhi you need to shut KD down on this last possession."

Kawhi's Doc: "No, my patient has reached his minutes limit for this game."

Pop: "Okay, sorry doc."

:lol

All joking aside, this is a dangerous precedent. As I mentioned in another thread, if Kawhi does somehow stay, will we have to deal with this every injury for the rest of his career? Sitting around waiting for external doctors (and by default Kawhi's circle) to make a decision on if he can play? I'm not sure Pop would but up with it. Not sure if the fans would... As good as he is, let some other team have that headache.

Dex
04-03-2018, 06:39 PM

/endthread