PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson: “Kawhi wants to leave SA over a sponsorship deal”

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
He was on a podcast 3 or 4 days ago: https://overcast.fm/+L6JVH_wcs

You can start listening from around 19:00 or for the exact moment of his quote, go to 20:50

"From what I heard, from a little birdie, what I heard that the reason why he doesn’t, not that he doesn’t want to play, is that he doesn’t want to be in San Antonio no more, is because that I heard a big bag was coming. But if he doesn’t leave San Antonio that bag is not coming.”

tmtcsc
04-03-2018, 08:48 PM

You can start listening from around 19:00 or for the exact moment of his quote, go to 20:50

"From what I heard, he doesn’t want to be in San Antonio no more, is because that I heard a big bag was coming. But if he doesn’t leave San Antonio that bag is not coming.”

Do people speak English anymore? Is it so hard to say that a significant endorsement deal would be offered if he leaves San Antonio?

spursfan09
04-03-2018, 08:49 PM
So he’s screwing the spurs for a payday

Hoops Czar
04-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I've never heard of a single Sponsor say we won't deal with you if you're playing for San Antonio. What a bunch of absolute twaddle. A sponsor sponsors the player, not the team.

BC3
04-03-2018, 08:55 PM

"From what I heard, from a little birdie, what I heard that the reason why he doesn’t, not that he doesn’t want to play, is that he doesn’t want to be in San Antonio no more, is because that I heard a big bag was coming. But if he doesn’t leave San Antonio that bag is not coming.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHNwbzOozuY&pbjreload=10

hater
04-03-2018, 08:55 PM
COuld be a sponsor allied with another team but doibt ALL sponsors would say this

Pittle lidget been hiting the crackpipe too hard

weebo
04-03-2018, 08:58 PM
All these ball sacks just want air time....it's always " I believe...I heard...I think...etc."

And let's just say KL didn't want to play for the Spurs anymore, what does that have to do with him not suiting up this year? He could easily just play out his contract, possibly win another championship and add to his resume.

weeks
04-03-2018, 09:03 PM
So the sponsor doesn't want him to risk re-injuring himself and made a condition of an endorsement deal that he doesn't play again this season

weeks
04-03-2018, 09:11 PM
but will the sponsorship really be enough to make up the difference from a lost supermax/no state income tax?

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 09:12 PM
All these ball sacks just want air time....it's always " I believe...I heard...I think...etc."

sure they do but the old adage rings true...where there's smoke there's (usually) fire...

Mr. Body
04-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Isn't that collusion, then? Like what's busting up the NCAA and isn't allowed in the NBA -- tampering with a player?

DPG21920
04-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Nate Robinson is the worst in-game analyst I have ever heard. He makes these games unbearable man.

Ron Swanson
04-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Send him to Milwaukee. He'll end up slinging snow tires and Old Style Beer.

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Nate Robinson is the worst in-game analyst I have ever heard. He makes these games unbearable man.

really? I think he's pretty funny

DPG21920
04-03-2018, 09:23 PM
really? I think he's pretty funny

I now know you and I could never be friends in real life.

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 09:24 PM
I now know you and I could never be friends in real life.

he just shit on WB for going 1 on 3 on a break. What's not to like

itzsoweezee
04-03-2018, 09:28 PM
So, a big shoe deal if he goes to a big market? Makes sense, but I doubt it makes up for the $30 million he'd lose by not signing the max with the Spurs. And if sponsorships are so important to him, why is he so private? For example, I don't think he's tweeted in 3 years.

Budkin
04-03-2018, 09:36 PM
These motherfucking scrubs know NOTHING.

objective
04-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Shoe deals at the top are huge. Harden has a $200m deal for 13 years. $15 million a year.

Lillard has a $100 million deal for 8 years, and that's in Portland of all places.

If Lillard can do $100 million in Portland, Kawhi has no one to blame but himself and his agent

objective
04-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Players also get royalties on shoes sold.

Hell, Giannis in Milwaukee just got a new deal last year with a signature shoe with Nike.

Again, is a Greek guy in Milwaukee gets a big deal, Kawhi should blame the man in the mirror.

daslicer
04-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Hell, Giannis in Milwaukee just got a new deal last year with a signature shoe with Nike.

Again, is a Greek guy in Milwaukee gets a big deal, Kawhi should blame the man in the mirror.

Kawhi has no personality or charisma. His people believe that playing in LA or NYC is the only way he can get big endorsement deals to make up for his lack of personality.

coachmac87
04-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Shoe deals at the top are huge. Harden has a $200m deal for 13 years. $15 million a year.

Lillard has a $100 million deal for 8 years, and that's in Portland of all places.

If Lillard can do $100 million in Portland, Kawhi has no one to blame but himself and his agent

That’s why it doesn’t make any sense..Durant just made a killing in OKC...

You’ve gotta win..and then sell yourself...

8FOR!3
04-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Does he have a no trade option? If he doesn't then screw him over and send him to a shitty team who is willing to give up the most draft picks if all of this is true. Of course I don't necessarily believe all of this is true, but the front office knows more than we do.

DPG21920
04-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Does he have a no trade option? If he doesn't then screw him over and send him to a shitty team who is willing to give up the most draft picks if all of this is true. Of course I don't necessarily believe all of this is true, but the front office knows more than we do.

Kawhi does not have a no trade clause

sananspursfan21
04-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Well, the nice part of all this is that nothing has to happen until 2019. So there’s no major rush on what to do with Kawhi assuming this is all true. Pop can try and smooth this over ala LMA, or they can wait for a sweet trade deal. It’s not like he’s an impending free agent this year. Too much premature freaking out man...

cjw
04-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Send him to Milwaukee. He'll end up slinging snow tires and Old Style Beer.

Giannis and Kawhi wouldn’t be fair

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-04-2018, 12:28 AM
This was retarded the first time it was posted. Now it's double-fucking stupid.

DJR210
04-04-2018, 12:40 AM
That fucking fake ass Kevin Hart ain't shit, he's 10x worse than Jalen Rose

Expert
04-04-2018, 01:40 AM
The only way this holds any truth is if the endorsement requires another player that won't come to San Antonio, a group endorsement deal like Nike has done in the past.

Mikeanaro
04-04-2018, 01:58 AM
It will be a toilet paper/wheelchair combo sponsorship.

SupremeGuy
04-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Does he have a no trade option? If he doesn't then screw him over and send him to a shitty team who is willing to give up the most draft picks if all of this is true. Of course I don't necessarily believe all of this is true, but the front office knows more than we do.But the culture and racism :cry

San Antonio Slayer
04-04-2018, 05:53 AM
I am ok with the "punishment" if we have Booker,Vucevic and Shroeder for Kawhi with anyone except Gay, Green, KA, LMA. I pray for Kawhi playing in the playoffs though.

cd98
04-04-2018, 09:06 AM
I can believe that Kawhi's inner circle is dumb enough to keep him off the court in an effort to get him more marketable, but I can't see any sponsor saying they want to pay him more money, but they need him to skip an entire season to do it. You think the Spurs aren't nervous about giving this guy a super max contract? Well, you think corporate sponsors are assured that Kawhi will comeback next year with no issues? He'll be magically fixed and plan at an MVP level? Maybe he will, but why would they pay him more than what they paid him when he was that the last few years?

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Isn't KL building a house in SA for his mother?

cd98
04-04-2018, 10:13 AM

That doesn't mean he wants to live anywhere near her.

dbreiden83080
04-04-2018, 10:30 AM
A big bag. Are We supposed to have any idea what the hell he’s talking about?

dbreiden83080
04-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Leonard does not have the type of personality that is ever going to net him a major shoe deal. He literally doesn’t speak. He has said what like 10 words all season long? Timmy was relatively quiet but my God he was a chatterbox compared to Leonard.

MarCowMar
04-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Also it's weird that he'd be worried about a sponsorship deal and still drive the Tahoe?

UZER
04-04-2018, 10:44 AM

With charisma, you can get a shoe deal in a small market. Since he has 0, the big market makes up for it. That’s what his peeps are probably thinking.

Killakobe81
04-04-2018, 10:51 AM

Agreed, he is horrible ...and not a credible source either.
Fisher is monotone and would be better in studio than in game ...what a God awful broadcast ...

gambit1990
04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
not buying it.

SAGirl
04-04-2018, 11:10 AM

This and

This ^
He’s right to ask for more. What doesn’t help him is to have missed the entire season. These media talking heads gloss over that. Gloss over possible worries that he’s going to turn out like Rose after all and instead make it about San Antonio. Deflection 101... and a lie too.

SAGirl
04-04-2018, 11:18 AM
His uncle has done a great job manipulating the media though. He’s appealed to race-tribalism apparently (I don’t get it but guys here say it’s a thing)... He has deflected to San Antonio, the medical team, teammates, Pop, even the city “no one wants to live there”... to obscure the fact that he has had a sore tendon all season and according to his own medical team can’t play...

r0drig0lac
04-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Giannis and Kawhi wouldn’t be fair

exactly, this is the worst possible idea for the rest of the league in the near future

rjv
04-04-2018, 11:37 AM
whatever, he ain't no mugsy bogues.

spursfan09
04-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Lol. He’s like you stay here mom!!

SpurPadre
04-04-2018, 11:48 AM
A big bag. Are We supposed to have any idea what the hell he’s talking about?

A big bag to carry around the maxi pads for his bitch ass, tbh.

Russ
04-04-2018, 12:39 PM

That sounds like possible tortious interference with an existing contract by the "big bag."

daslicer
04-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Shaq's mom had a home in Orlando before Shaq left. Shaq's mom still has the house and resides in it today.

objective
04-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Kawhi hasn't even taken the small local deals that are easy money and 2 hours work.

Everyone has a local car dealership deal but him. LaMarcus has an auto ad that must have been done in an hour with him reading his lines off a card like he was held hostage.

Duncan has done car ads. Sean hasn't played in 15 years and does car ads. Hell, even Boban was in a car ad.

I'm sure they're not big money. What, 10k and a free car? 50k? 100k?

But Kawhi doesn't even take the free money off local deals except HEB. It's weird. But now he wants a huge deal.

He must have the worst, laziest agent in the world who has suckered him into believing there's no money in San Antonio.

duncan2k5
04-04-2018, 10:48 PM
Kawhi hasn't even taken the small local deals that are easy money and 2 hours work.

Everyone has a local car dealership deal but him. LaMarcus has an auto ad that must have been done in an hour with him reading his lines off a card like he was held hostage.

Duncan has done car ads. Sean hasn't played in 15 years and does car ads. Hell, even Boban was in a car ad.

I'm sure they're not big money. What, 10k and a free car? 50k? 100k?

But Kawhi doesn't even take the free money off local deals except HEB. It's weird. But now he wants a huge deal.

He must have the worst, laziest agent in the world who has suckered him into believing there's no money in San Antonio.

Ive seen him in local commercials... What r u talking about?

objective
04-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Ive seen him in local commercials... What r u talking about?

I never did except for HEB. Where's his car commercial? Or taco cabana? Or Jim's? I only watch TV during sports so maybe he's doing ads that play during some other time.

DPG21920
04-04-2018, 11:29 PM
Jims :lol

duncan2k5
04-05-2018, 12:24 AM
I never did except for HEB. Where's his car commercial? Or taco cabana? Or Jim's? I only watch TV during sports so maybe he's doing ads that play during some other time.

So HEB doesn't count anymore then?

objective
04-05-2018, 01:05 AM

I mentioned HEB in the original post. Everyone does HEB. Bonner even did HEB.

But beyond that?

TimDunkem
04-05-2018, 01:13 AM

You mean the same company that portrays him as a retard?

Move over Hollywood! Move over Jordan Brand! Kawhi and his hurt brain already has sponsorships!

SAGirl
04-05-2018, 01:18 AM
One could even consider the HEB adds a team bonding experience ...a team cultural thing. They are definitely a team sponsor and not a private deal.
Kyle Anderson who is quite unpopular for some fans and an unknown nationally has done several pet smart ads. He wasn't even a regular rotation player.
Danny has done many adds... The Verde for the environment adds...

It just makes it all about his injury 100%. It's worrisome and perplexing.

SAGirl
04-05-2018, 01:20 AM
The only adds Kiwi has done in a national scale are the Jordan brand ads. It might be the only sponsor he cares about. I remember seeing somewhere that he wanted to have his own brand of clothing...

weeks
04-05-2018, 09:08 AM

:lol it's that bad tbh

cd98
04-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Man, if I was Kawhi, I'd probably leave too. This Spurs team is way too heavy for him to carry on his back.

tholdren
04-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Move over Hollywood! Move over Jordan Brand! Kawhi and his hurt brain already has sponsorships!

Like kl doesnt do that for himself. Now hes sitting out. Hes like the great yacht or daboom of spurstalk

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 04:52 PM

Man those HEB commercials are hilarious! It's not just him everyone on HEB is put t ok the self-depicting humor. People will take offense to everything nowadays. This shouldn't even be a topic.

Hoops Czar
04-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Man those HEB commercials are hilarious! It's not just him everyone on HEB is put t ok the self-depicting humor. People will take offense to everything nowadays. This shouldn't even be a topic.
I've seen some of the HEB commercials and they remind me of low budget commercials with a bad script and a lot of forced laughter. Hilarious isn't a word I'd use to decribe an HEB commercial. Words like uncomfortable and cringe-worthy come to mind.

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 05:42 PM
I've seen some of the HEB commercials and they remind me of low budget commercials with a bad script and a lot of forced laughter. Hilarious isn't a word I'd use to decribe an HEB commercial. Words like uncomfortable and cringe-worthy come to mind.

You must not be from Texas. Locally it's a huge success and HEB is #1 in Texas for grocers and only getting bigger.

Walter Donovan
04-06-2018, 06:42 PM
If Spurs move to Seattle Kawhi will stay