PDA

View Full Version : Gay should be a regular closer, tbh

DAF86
04-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Unless he's sucking complete ass on a particular game, he should be out there. He's the only one besides Aldridge that can create his own shot.

razor247
04-04-2018, 12:20 AM
I know wtf is wrong with these coaches......o yeah they old and stupid

KuntryDude
04-04-2018, 12:22 AM
Rudy 13 pts in 18 minutes. Please tell me why Manu is eating up Rudy's minutes? Manu 4pts, 25 mins. And Parker played just as many mins as Rudy aldo....wtf pop!

Arcadian
04-04-2018, 12:24 AM
I'd close with Mills/Green/Gay/Aldridge/Gasol

ElNono
04-04-2018, 12:25 AM
It's a down year, tbh, I have no problem with that... although, I would play Rudy over Fathead to close the game though...

stu scotts eye
04-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Ongoing theme i also bitch about. Kyle is that chick whose a 5. No heels or makeup will ever make him better.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-04-2018, 12:35 AM
Gay would have been an upgrade over Danny and Manu tonight.

InRareForm
04-04-2018, 01:12 AM
he was needed in the 2nd half... besides LMA the spurs looked ugly on offense

SAGirl
04-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Pop disagrees bc he’s going to give the ball to Patty in crunch time anyways.

Mikeanaro
04-04-2018, 01:21 AM
Gay should come out from the closet.

DAF86
04-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Tbh.

tholdren
04-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Well i think this shows no murray =winning

DAF86
With Manu and Gay closing we might be able to not choke every single game on the playoffs, imho.

MannyIsGod
Rudy Gay is approaching all star quality form. He's had several weeks now of 16+ ppg scoring with pretty limited minutes. I don't think he's ever been this efficient. At times he's downright unstoppable.

Honestly, Kawhi better be legit hurt because if he has been just fucking around this year I'll never forgive him for wasting such great seasons from LMA and Gay.

ElNono
04-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Gay thread

phxspurfan
04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Wtf? Did u watch the game? Manu is clearly this team's closer. Pop even yelled at Patty to give the ball to Manu in crunch time.

sasaint
04-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Well i think this shows no murray =winning

Plus a Rudy who apparently really wanted to make the playoffs.

DAF86
04-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Wtf? Did u watch the game? Manu is clearly this team's closer. Pop even yelled at Patty to give the ball to Manu in crunch time.

Being a closer doesn't equal being THE closer. Rudy has to be out there to finish games. Sometimes as an off ball player, sometimes as the main option (at this age Manu can't be the only closer of the team), but he has to be there.

SpursDynasty85
04-09-2018, 10:07 PM
I think he will be. It takes time to break into Pop's rotation and Rudy is finally healthy. I agree!

Mr. Body
04-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Rudy is hungry. He wants the playoffs. You always need guys who are hungry.

FkLA
04-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Kind of seems like Poop was preserving him, honestly. He randomly went from not being out there in crunchtime to now not only being out there but being featured. Those months were Fathead was getting the nod over him was frustrating af but hey at least he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

Really wish Kawhi hadn't turned into a faggot. This team had a lot of potential. So much length and versatility. Been saying it since early in the year.

8FOR!3
04-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Patty/Ginobili/Green/Gay/Aldridge

That to me is the best closing unit. Spaces the floor.

Arcadian
04-09-2018, 11:10 PM
He's been the opposite of a "cancer" on this team. Nobody should even mention that bullshit anymore. His teammates all like the guy, and he's one of our best players (sad as that may be).

TheDoctor
04-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Patty/Ginobili/Green/Gay/Aldridge

That to me is the best closing unit. Spaces the floor.

The only thing that Fatty spaces is his mouth to eat.

Stabula
04-09-2018, 11:37 PM
Faggot is really rounding into form :toast

Darius Bieber
04-09-2018, 11:42 PM
What could have been with a Murray/Green/Gay/Leonard/Aldridge line up defensively. Oh well.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 12:14 AM
Rudy Gay is approaching all star quality form. He's had several weeks now of 16+ ppg scoring with pretty limited minutes. I don't think he's ever been this efficient. At times he's downright unstoppable.

Honestly, Kawhi better be legit hurt because if he has been just fucking around this year I'll never forgive him for wasting such great seasons from LMA and Gay.
If Kawhi was healthy and playing...

-LMA wouldn't have this type of season since he should share the ball with Kawhi and wouldn't have 18 FGAs per game be dominant on the offensive end..

-Rudy wouldn't get 20 minutes a game since Kawhi would eat some of those minutes. Neither Kyle/Simms had more minutes with healthy Kawhi on court.

LMA, Rudy and Kyle are the most most benefited by Kawhi's absence...He didn't waste any LMA/Rudy good season.

szkorhetz
04-10-2018, 02:48 AM
Gay is becoming more and more comfortable. He enjoys playing here and that's a huge plus.

DeRozan m8
04-10-2018, 03:35 AM
Rudy has had minutes stolen from him all fucking season, these coaches are so fucking stupid.

Dude will probably walk after this season so he can get the minutes he deserves.

r0drig0lac
04-10-2018, 06:49 AM
well, he's the second best player on the team today, so yeah, no doubt about that

8FOR!3
04-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Not only is Gay the second best player but he’s easily the best wing with Kawhi out.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Rudy was coming back from a very serious injury (The Achilles) and missed participating in training camp bc of it. He really only had a few preseason games to get in rhythm and I think Pop brought him along carefully bc of it. He then got injured midseason and missed nearly 30 games so he's again brought back carefully. As he has been showing he can handle more Pop has given him more. Even now I think Pop deliberately keeps his minutes around 25 or so. You don't want him to break down again just as he's playing well again.

That said he definitely should be closing games it's something he's done in the league and offensively is a good relief valve for Lamarcus or Manu or Patty... It has to be a team effort and Rudy is talented getting shots in tough situations.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Not only is Gay the second best player but he’s easily the best wing with Kawhi out.
You realize he's playing most of his minutes as a big right? Just checking.

8FOR!3
04-10-2018, 11:37 AM

He's playing a lot at the 4 but he's a wing who can play stretch 4. Just like Kyle is a wing, just like most stretch 4s (but not all) in today's NBA.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 11:42 AM
If Kawhi was healthy and playing...

-LMA wouldn't have this type of season since he should share the ball with Kawhi and wouldn't have 18 FGAs per game be dominant on the offensive end..

-Rudy wouldn't get 20 minutes a game since Kawhi would eat some of those minutes. Neither Kyle/Simms had more minutes with healthy Kawhi on court.

LMA, Rudy and Kyle are the most most benefited by Kawhi's absence...He didn't waste any LMA/Rudy good season.

This is an incredibly stupid post. Yes, their numbers would likely come down. Who fucking cares? They'd be a much better team.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Does it really matter if he's the 2nd tallest player on the court if he plays like a wing? Welcome to the NBA in 2018.

Seventyniner
04-10-2018, 11:45 AM
He's playing a lot at the 4 but he's a wing who can play stretch 4. Just like Kyle is a wing, just like most stretch 4s (but not all) in today's NBA.

The Spurs are forced to play like this a lot because Gay and Anderson are better than Pau and lightyears ahead of Joffrey.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Gay is definitely a 4, at this point IMO..he could pass for a 3 on offense, but he has ZERO lateral quickness remaining on defense..

The only non-liability trait of his defense has been his rim protection, as his vertical is still solid and he has good instincts..

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Does it really matter if he's the 2nd tallest player on the court if he plays like a wing? Welcome to the NBA in 2018.
It matters to me for purposes of our discussion bc if he's taking minutes as a big, others are playing the wing.
Do people want to be accurate or anything goes?

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Gay is definitely a 4, at this point IMO..he could pass for a 3 on offense, but he has ZERO lateral quickness remaining on defense..

The only non-liability trait of his defense has been his rim protection, as his vertical is still solid and he has good instincts..
Good wingspan too and solid strength.

jyra
04-10-2018, 12:04 PM

His rebounding is also good. He has a better defensive rebounding rate than LMA and Anderson, 19.5% vs 17.7%, 17.4%.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:18 PM
His rebounding is also good. He has a better defensive rebounding rate than LMA and Anderson, 19.5% vs 17.7%, 17.4%.
LMA and Anderson play with rebound chaser Dijon though. It doesn't mean much to me looked at in context overall but he's been good enough. Blocking out bigs is an issue sometimes

bklynspursfan
04-10-2018, 12:23 PM
The Spurs are forced to play like this a lot because Gay and Anderson are better than Pau and lightyears ahead of Joffrey.

Just imagining if we had Kawhi at the 3 with Gay/Aldridge. The size and scoring ability of that frontcourt :depressed

gambit1990
04-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Gay thread

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 04:55 PM
It matters to me for purposes of our discussion bc if he's taking minutes as a big, others are playing the wing.
Do people want to be accurate or anything goes?

He's a small ball big, aka a wing. Calling him a big is far from accurate.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
He's a small ball big, aka a wing. Calling him a big is far from accurate.
you could argue it's semantics... and I will just leave it at that... he has been a big this season for the Spurs which matters when one talks about his minutes vs other people etc. Just hasn't been a wing this year... but don't even want to argue about something that is evident.

UZER
04-10-2018, 05:49 PM
He may or may not. Depends on what the notecards in my pocket say, not what happens during the game.

:pop:

TD 21
04-10-2018, 06:02 PM
He definitely needs to play more minutes and close regularly. He's the closest thing this team has to a second option, plus he's highly motivated and still has enough physical ability for that to matter.

you could argue it's semantics... and I will just leave it at that... he has been a big this season for the Spurs which matters when one talks about his minutes vs other people etc. Just hasn't been a wing this year... but don't even want to argue about something that is evident.

The thing is, in many instances there is no such thing as two big positions anymore. This team is a perfect example of that. Other than when Aldridge and Gasol play together (which is the first 6 minutes of the 1st/3rd quarters and occasionally clutch time), they just play with one traditional big.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 06:22 PM

This is an incredibly stupid post. Yes, their numbers would likely come down. Who fucking cares? They'd be a much better team.

Well, I'm not the guy here talking about wasting good seasons.

I'm just saying these two players you mentioned wouldn't have the type of good season that they're having now if he was playing.

Obviously, they would be a way better team but you talked about individual-player season.

Darius Bieber
04-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Just fucked up that we have guys like Gay fighting every game because they want to win in the playoffs, just to have Kawhi sit out.

8FOR!3
04-10-2018, 09:44 PM

Melo, LeBron (maybe not as much), Jabari Parker all play minutes (some play most of their minutes) at the 4 but I don’t consider them bigs. When Aldridge started at the 4 he was clearly a big and played like one

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Well, I'm not the guy here talking about wasting good seasons.

I'm just saying these two players you mentioned wouldn't have the type of good season that they're having now if he was playing.

Obviously, they would be a way better team but you talked about individual-player season.

They don't need to be THAT good for it to be a waste. Did you watch LMA last year? He was fucking horrible. He doesn't need to average 23 a game to be a huge improvement. You're not really this dumb, right?