PDA

View Full Version : Pop's coaching decisions

SpursDynasty85
04-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Yesterday's game was the same old away game story. Spurs playing well but during close away games, Spurs can't close out but this time he had the veterans in. More TP and a lot more Manu. I'm sure this perplexed many including me and now that I see the scheduled back to back late at night for Spurs, it does kind of make sense he needs to save the legs of certain players but it was in hindsight a terrible mistake. Gotta win the game and we didn't even when he finally has a healthy and confident Rudy Gay and Dejounte breaking out recently. Why bench them now for TP and Manu? Does he think TP and Manu need rhythm too before the playoffs? If so why so late in the season and now in the midst of a playoff push when the need for DJ and Rudy to get more acclimated as well lingers.

It will be interesting to see how much Aldridge, Gay, DJ, TP, and Manu play today. Should hopefully help us understand his strategy going into playoffs (fingers crossed that we make it. We should.)

What are you guys' thoughts??

davi78239
04-04-2018, 12:18 PM
I just don't know what the hell pops intentions are anymore tbh...

SpursDynasty85
04-04-2018, 12:21 PM
I just don't know what the hell pops intentions are anymore tbh...

Thanks for the honesty. Legit answer, tbh.

BackHome
04-04-2018, 12:31 PM
We need to get back to being serious about trying to win championships. Do you think New England would re sign Tony with his production or keep Gasol, Forbes, Paul on their team next year? Hell NO it’s OK being nice but not at expense of team winning games.

BSfromTX
04-04-2018, 12:39 PM
I think it’s more about assignments and playing specifically how Pop wants them to play seemingly regardless if they do it well or not (see Matt Bonner)
i just think there are a ton of reasons that we just don’t see or can think of. Not agreeing, just my opinion. You will probably go crazy trying to figure it out

spurraider21
04-04-2018, 12:41 PM
last time spurs lost a close game, i kept hearing "why didnt we have manu to close it!"

and now when the spurs lost a close one we get complaints that manu was in there.

a lot of monday morning quarterbacking per par

Darius Bieber
04-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Pop has Rudy Gay and barely plays him. Why?

boutons_deux
04-04-2018, 12:50 PM
last time spurs lost a close game, i kept hearing "why didnt we have manu to close it!"

and now when the spurs lost a close one we get complaints that manu was in there.

but Manu has been very erratic. Last night, he was badly off, 0-6 FG and 3 TOs.

What were the odds that he'd save the game in crunch time, make the winning AST, or bucket? very low

SpursDynasty85
04-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Agree with this. I am hoping he gets a ton of playing time tonight otherwise, this makes no sense. I really dislike Stephen Jackson's 'on air' personality now but when I saw TP and Manu playing so much yesterday I could just see Stephen Jackson being vindicated by his nasty comments about those 3.

Dingle Barry
04-04-2018, 12:52 PM

18 minutes for our 2nd best player is a god damn joke.

DPG21920
04-04-2018, 01:26 PM

I mean, not really. It’s in game management not blanket statements. It was very obvious Manu was having a supremely poor game, yet even with that happening Pop didn’t adjust.

Defense was the big issue and LOU Will was going off, and you keep your best defensive PG on the bench to opt for a guy who was struggling on both ends?

Then you call a play for the last shot for a guy who was 0-6 shooting?

UZER
04-04-2018, 01:31 PM
I mean, not really. It’s in game management not blanket statements. It was very obvious Manu was having a supremely poor game, yet even with that happening Pop didn’t adjust.

Defense was the big issue and LOU Will was going off, and you keep your best defensive PG on the bench to opt for a guy who was struggling on both ends?

Then you call a play for the last shot for a guy who was 0-6 shooting?

Yes. Next question.

:pop:

SpursDynasty85
04-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Yes. Next question.

Lol.

sasaint
04-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Yes. Next question.

:lol

jermaine
04-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I wanted to be the 1st to say he doesn't use Rudy, then why sign him.

SpursforSix
04-04-2018, 02:33 PM
I wanted to be the 1st to say he doesn't use Rudy, then why sign him.

:pop: we haven't had a gay on the team since Richard Jefferson.

keithington1
04-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Bryn Forbes must know Pops deepest darkest secret.

koriwhat
04-04-2018, 03:33 PM
pop hasn't given a fuck for yrs now. i don't even think he gave a fuck for a few yrs before our last championship. sad but true... adjustments are horrible especially late in games and regularly.

Brazil
04-04-2018, 03:45 PM
:lol ST in a nutshell

few games back, why Pop did not play TP at the end ? dear god he sucks, few games later why in hell Pop played TP at the end ?

cd98
04-04-2018, 03:50 PM
pop hasn't given a fuck for yrs now. i don't even think he gave a fuck for a few yrs before our last championship. sad but true... adjustments are horrible especially late in games and regularly.

Well, there are other things more important than a basketball game where the players and coaches are paid millions to play and fans cough up $150 per ticket for a decent seat.

weeks
04-04-2018, 04:25 PM
how does LMA go 20 straight minutes without scoring, still drop 35, and patty ignores him for the final few chucks?

dbestpro
04-04-2018, 05:10 PM
how does LMA go 20 straight minutes without scoring, still drop 35, and patty ignores him for the final few chucks?

CIA Pop.............