PDA

View Full Version : How's your steak?

Chucho
04-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Strip done medium rare with some kind of whole potato on the side. Fuck tbone tbh. Over rated and over priced considering the bone into the weight.

BD24
04-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Filet Mignon, medium rare, funnily enough actually going to a really nice steakhouse for a work dinner tomorrow

RsxPiimp
04-04-2018, 10:37 PM
prime rib med rare, rolls with butter + side of asparagus and corn.

dr. pibb

Chris
04-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Well done lots of ketchup

UNT Eagles 2016
04-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Prime rib medium rare... alternatively, a nice seasoned large grilled lamb chop or set of smaller lamb chops.

DAF86
04-04-2018, 10:43 PM
I live in Argentina, so pretty much the best in the World (and fuck you if you think I'm being a Homer, tbh). Always raw. You have to stick the fork and blood has to come out of the meet.

SpursforSix
04-04-2018, 11:00 PM
No question for me.
New York Strip. Medium.
For me, that's the best combo of taste and texture.
Grilled Asparagus and twice baked potato.
Salad and rolls.

Chucho
04-04-2018, 11:02 PM
I live in Argentina, so pretty much the best in the World (and fuck you if you think I'm being a Homer, tbh). Always raw. You have to stick the fork and blood has to come out of the meet.

Argentina has good beef? Neat.

When I retire I've made it an item on the bucket list to raise a black cow by hand in Japan, bottle feed him beer and then gladly slaughter that fucker for the delicious kobe treat within.

DAF86
04-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Argentina has good beef? Neat.

When I retire I've made it an item on the bucket list to raise a black cow by hand in Japan, bottle feed him beer and then gladly slaughter that fucker for the delicious kobe treat within.

No, son. Not good, the best. I cry everytime I get out of the country and have the need to eat meet. I can't even find the basic meat cuts that you get here.

ElNono how have you been handling that over there? Any tip to help a brotha out?

Blake
04-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Well done lots of ketchup

I bet you're serious

baseline bum
04-04-2018, 11:25 PM
I like a NY Strip medium rare or sometimes rare with garlic mash potatoes on the side. I don't know how anyone can eat a steak higher than medium.

Chucho
04-04-2018, 11:31 PM
No, son. Not good, the best. I cry everytime I get out of the country and have the need to eat meet. I can't even find the basic meat cuts that you get here.

ElNono how have you been handling that over there? Any tip to help a brotha out?

How does Jap kobe beef stack up to Argentine beef?

DAF86
04-04-2018, 11:36 PM
How does Jap kobe beef stack up to Argentine beef?

I had that only once here on Argentina so I don't know how faithful it was to the original Japanese version, but the Kobe beef I had was a small, slim, dry piece of meat. Like I said, I like raw meat, so any very slim piece of meat isn't going to be my favourite.

ElNono
04-04-2018, 11:37 PM

Actually, there's really good to great cuts here in the US if you head to more high end places like Ruth's Chris, etc.

Your average steakhouse chain like Texas Roadhouse, LongHorn, Morton's, Outback are more hit and miss... sometimes good cuts, sometimes not so good... but overall, it's not bad.

tbh, Argentina can be hit and miss sometimes too... what's there it's different cuts that I miss, like Vacio or the achuras...

That said, when we toured Brazil and Argentina last year, we pretty much ate at Fogo de Chao in Sao Paulo almost every night, and I took the whole crew to Las Lilas in Buenos Aires... great stuff in both places.

Chris
04-04-2018, 11:44 PM
I bet you're serious

You want to believe it bad I can tell :lol

Chucho
04-04-2018, 11:47 PM
We went to a Korean fusion joint in San Jose a few months back and I had a Korean beef cheese steak...shut was so flavorful and super tender, like pressure cooked veal tender.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 12:09 AM

:tu Argentina is definitely the best when it comes to steak.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 12:14 AM
Ribeye, medium rare, with chimichurri on the side. A good steak doesn’t need sauce, but I make an exception for chimichurri.

DJR210
04-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Porterhouse, medium rare. A1 sauce.

DJR210
04-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Chama Gaucha is bomb if you're in one of the 3 cities that has one

DAF86
04-05-2018, 12:22 AM
Ribeye, medium rare, with chimichurri on the side. A good steak doesn’t need sauce, but I make an exception for chimichurri.

Chimichurri is not sauce son, it's part of the meat. :lol

Xevious
04-05-2018, 12:51 AM
Bone-in ribeye, medium rare. Pinot to drink. Maybe some au gratin potatoes on the side. :hungry:

ElNono
04-05-2018, 12:54 AM

I hate Chimichurri, tbh...

A good Filet Mignon (lomo), New York Strip (bife ancho), Ribeye (ojo de bife ancho), medium rare or medium (depending the place), juicy, marbled, some mashed potatoes or fresh salad, no sauces or anything.

Why would you ruin the bliss of good red meat with a sauce, tbh?

ElNono
04-05-2018, 12:55 AM
If you're at Ruth's Chris, the Tomahawk is hard to pass up, tbh...

Always a good red wine... I prefer on the sweeter side: Merlot or Malbec are good choices, IMO.

DAF86
04-05-2018, 01:06 AM
I hate Chimichurri, tbh...

A good Filet Mignon (lomo), New York Strip (bife ancho), Ribeye (ojo de bife ancho), medium rare or medium (depending the place), juicy, marbled, some mashed potatoes or fresh salad, no sauces or anything.

Why would you ruin the bliss of good red meat with a sauce, tbh?

It's depends if it's an asado or a gourmet type meat. I agree that no sauce is needed (raw meat doesn't need any more moist), but if it's one of those asados that you make outside and eat with bread while standing up, sometimes a little bit of chimichurri makes it complete, tbh.

DAF86
04-05-2018, 01:10 AM
Actually, there's really good to great cuts here in the US if you head to more high end places like Ruth's Chris, etc.

Your average steakhouse chain like Texas Roadhouse, LongHorn, Morton's, Outback are more hit and miss... sometimes good cuts, sometimes not so good... but overall, it's not bad.

tbh, Argentina can be hit and miss sometimes too... what's there it's different cuts that I miss, like Vacio or the achuras...

That said, when we toured Brazil and Argentina last year, we pretty much ate at Fogo de Chao in Sao Paulo almost every night, and I took the whole crew to Las Lilas in Buenos Aires... great stuff in both places.

Mollejas, chinchulines, riñón :hungry:

Sometimes I prefer that to the vacío or tira.

Chris
04-05-2018, 01:11 AM

:lol

ElNono
04-05-2018, 01:18 AM
Mollejas, chinchulines, riñón :hungry:

Sometimes I prefer that to the vacío or tira.

Yep, there's an Argie restaurant here in NJ that makes them:

http://places.singleplatform.com/la-fusta-restaurant--steak-house/menu?ref=google

And you can find some in NY also. That said, I normally enjoy that kind of stuff when I travel to Argentina.

AaronY
04-05-2018, 02:01 AM
rare as fark tbh

Avante
04-05-2018, 02:11 AM
My God, arguing over steak, haha~~~

I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***. Then I toss it in a bowl with hot mushrooms, melted cheese and Teriyaki sauce. Shake it all up then dump the mix onto barbecued (close to be burned) french toast, yep......yum-me. One of my grandpa;s taught me this, he was from Arkansas.

Would never give that up for a restaurant steak.

Frosty mug beer time, so cold ya get brain freeze.

*** constanly pouring melted butter over the steaks as they cook.

AaronY
04-05-2018, 02:12 AM
Jesus, you're not good at anything Avante

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 02:56 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimichurri

Chimichurri (Spanish pronunciation: [tʃimiˈtʃuri]) or chimmichurri is an uncooked sauce used for grilled meat;

an uncooked sauce

sauce

Well that’s the last time I ever compliment the land of goat fucking Nazi sympathizers.

Pavlov
04-05-2018, 03:19 AM

I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***. Then I toss it in a bowl with hot mushrooms, melted cheese and Teriyaki sauce. Shake it all up then dump the mix onto barbecued (close to be burned) french toast, yep......yum-me. One of my grandpa;s taught me this, he was from Arkansas.

*** constanly pouring melted butter over the steaks as they cook.You just argued over steak.

Chucho
04-05-2018, 09:00 AM

Well that’s the last time I ever compliment the land of goat fucking Nazi sympathizers.

I am reading this as I take my morning shit. Laughed so hard, it helped launch it and saving me a few mins. +2.

Blake
04-05-2018, 09:17 AM

Well at least we know Manu > Dirk

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 10:39 AM

I am reading this as I take my morning shit. Laughed so hard, it helped launch it and saving me a few mins. +2.

:lmao

DisAsTerBot
04-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Ribeye medium rare

Blake
04-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I'm also good with a medium rare ribeye.

If I'm grilling it, I like a bit of crispy char around the edges too.

Avante
04-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Jesus, you're not good at anything Avante

Your ignorance is showing slick.

For year and years I had this thought that bluegrass sucked, ya know Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers etc . Then I went to a little bar in Dinuba with some friends, they had a little three piece band playing bluegrass. I couldn't have been more wrong, now I own all that Bill Monroe etc etc stuff.

Yep, don't knock it until.........................

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2018, 11:38 AM

This is truth.

Blake
04-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Your ignorance is showing slick.

For year and years I had this thought that bluegrass sucked, ya know Bill Monroe, Flatt & Scruggs, The Stanley Brothers etc . Then I went to a little bar in Dinuba with some friends, they had a little three piece band playing bluegrass. I couldn't have been more wrong, now I own all that Bill Monroe etc etc stuff.

Yep, don't knock it until.........................

Oh he's talking about music in a steak thread. Didn't see that coming

baseline bum
04-05-2018, 11:53 AM
I had Argentina steak one time in Tijuana, I don't know what you Mexicans are raving so much about.

Chucho
04-05-2018, 12:51 PM
I loves me some ribeye with a side of horseradish and au jus.

DisAsTerBot
04-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Sear it in a cast iron on the stove, finish in the oven

Chucho
04-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Sear it in a cast iron on the stove, finish in the oven

Yup, that's how I do my tri tip also.

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 01:12 PM
its been said here before, but yeah, bone-in ribeye medium rare

or if you're the president, well done with ketchup on it

SpursforSix
04-05-2018, 01:16 PM
And I only have a few steaks a year so when I decide I want one, I'll always go upscale. Saltgrass for the strip or Texas Roadhouse for the filet.

Chucho
04-05-2018, 01:26 PM
And I only have a few steaks a year so when I decide I want one, I'll always go upscale. Saltgrass for the strip or Texas Roadhouse for the filet.

Boudros>Salt Grass. More pricey, but better cuts. Not Ruth's Chris's, but very delish.

SpursforSix
04-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Boudros>Salt Grass. More pricey, but better cuts. Not Ruth's Chris's, but very delish.

I don't think we have a Boudros here. We have a couple of Del Frisco's that are damn good. Pretty expensive but we only do that once or twice a year for a birthday or anniversary.
Hard to beat a home cooked steak anyway.

DAF86
04-05-2018, 02:31 PM

I wasn't being serious son. :lol I was actually agreeing with you that chimichurri is so good that to me is like part of the meat.

How could anyone seriously say that a liquid substance like chimichurri would be meat? :lol

DAF86
04-05-2018, 02:33 PM
I had Argentina steak one time in Tijuana, I don't know what you Mexicans are raving so much about.

lol son

Chucho
04-05-2018, 03:02 PM
I don't think we have a Boudros here. We have a couple of Del Frisco's that are damn good. Pretty expensive but we only do that once or twice a year for a birthday or anniversary.
Hard to beat a home cooked steak anyway.

Oh, thought you are in San An. Great fucking place with the best scallops.

DJR210
04-05-2018, 03:42 PM

*** constanly pouring melted butter over the steaks as they cook.

That all sounds terrible, you're a fucking idiot, as is your Grandfather. It's easy to see why you came out all fucked up with a fucktard family tree like that.

monosylab1k
04-05-2018, 04:02 PM
I wasn't being serious son. :lol I was actually agreeing with you that chimichurri is so good that to me is like part of the meat.

How could anyone seriously say that a liquid substance like chimichurri would be meat? :lol

Holy shit, I’m retarded :lol it seems obvious that’s what you meant when I’m reading it now. I take back all those mean things I said about Argentina, except Dirk > Manu.

Blake
04-05-2018, 04:35 PM
I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***.

Your either 4 years old or 94 years old

chunticakes
04-06-2018, 10:29 AM
That all sounds terrible, you're a fucking idiot, as is your Grandfather. It's easy to see why you came out all fucked up with a fucktard family tree like that.

He's probably one of those who eats the skunks from under his trailer home :lol

IronMexican
04-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Chuck beef, well done.

Spaghetti O's on the side

Chucho
04-06-2018, 12:06 PM

Drives down old gravel roads with a shovel in his trunk for roadkill. "Free eats is the best kind of vittles."

chunticakes
04-06-2018, 01:10 PM
Chuck beef, well done.

With some fideo and a pitcher of Kool-Aid. Gourmet Mexican food as a kid :lol

Hipster
04-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Chuck beef, well done.

And This Mortal Coil’s “It’ll End In Tears” album playing in the background.

DJR210
04-06-2018, 01:58 PM

Since it's the old faggot's Grandfather I was thinking more along the lines of undocumented immigrant children that he has chopped up in freezers outside of his trailer

DAF86
04-06-2018, 02:27 PM
This thread is useless without pics, tbh.

http://delafincahn.com/sites/default/files/styles/foto/public/CHURRASCO%20DEMO.jpg?itok=_nBz5JfB

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 02:33 PM
awesome...I'm good with rate me pics

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/ff/e7/36/gordon-ramsay-steak.jpg

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Nothing like doing 'em yourself though...

http://www.steak-enthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/burnt-steak.jpg

IronMexican
04-06-2018, 02:36 PM
And This Mortal Coil’s “It’ll End In Tears” album playing in the background.
:loo

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 02:39 PM
I know I can't be expecting much if the place is just a restaurant and not a steakhouse, but it's really frustrating when all the steaks on the menu are 6 oz or 8 oz.

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Anybody here been to Fogo de Chao?

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 02:47 PM

No, it looks like a Texas de Brazil but I'm not sure if they're comparable in terms of quality.
Texas de Brazil is OK I guess. Though not really worth the price imo.

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 02:51 PM
Off topic a little...

My friend recently took his family to try Old Chicago Pizza and Tavern.
He got some kind of baked pasta.
And found a used Band-Aid cooked in.

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 02:53 PM
No, it looks like a Texas de Brazil but I'm not sure if they're comparable in terms of quality.
based on a quick search yeah they seem pretty comparable. agreed as to it being overpriced, but its a great setting to try a bunch of different cuts/meats that you otherwise wouldn't get around to.

i've won some bets with a friend over the past couple of years and he owes me trips :lol

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 02:58 PM
based on a quick search yeah they seem pretty comparable. agreed as to it being overpriced, but its a great setting to try a bunch of different cuts/meats that you otherwise wouldn't get around to.

i've won some bets with a friend over the past couple of years and he owes me trips :lol

Damn...if it's free...you're not going to be disappointed.

But yeah...I thought it was a good meal for sure. Just not somewhere I would go often.

Every time I hear "Fogo de Chao", it always reminds me of Howard Stern.
And "Snapple".

DJR210
04-06-2018, 03:31 PM

Yep..

Chama Gaucha > but Fogo is damn good.. The reason I rank Chama Gaucha over Fogo is because of the sides they serve being better, a few more cuts of meat to choose from, but the meats are amazing either way. If you're ever in SA, Houston, Atlanta, or Chicago, I highly recommend Chama Gaucha. But Fogo has nearly an identical menu, and the salad bar is just as amazing.

As far as the pricing, it's pricey, but not overpriced. The service is SPOT ON and worth every penny IMO. If you wanna save a buck go during the lunch hour, it's the exact same choices.

See the above..

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Yep..

Chama Gaucha > but Fogo is damn good.. The reason I rank Chama Gaucha over Fogo is because of the sides they serve being better, a few more cuts of meat to choose from, but the meats are amazing either way. If you're ever in SA, Houston, Atlanta, or Chicago, I highly recommend Chama Gaucha. But Fogo has nearly an identical menu, and the salad bar is just as amazing.

As far as the pricing, it's pricey, but not overpriced. The service is SPOT ON and worth every penny IMO. If you wanna save a buck go during the lunch hour, it's the exact same choices.

See the above..

IDK then...maybe FDC is a step above TDB. As I said it was a good meal at TDB. Just not somewhere I would go consistently.

DJR210
04-06-2018, 03:45 PM
IDK then...maybe FDC is a step above TDB. As I said it was a good meal at TDB. Just not somewhere I would go consistently.

From the reviews I've read it seems that TDB would be 3rd on the list

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 03:52 PM
From the reviews I've read it seems that TDB would be 3rd on the list

Yeah...I just saw that generally, people like FDC better. Chama Gaucha is not an option where I'm at. FDC's over an hour.
But maybe if I get over to Dallas, I'll check it out.

AaronY
04-06-2018, 04:05 PM
Nothing like doing 'em yourself though...

http://www.steak-enthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/burnt-steak.jpg
Lol the fark happened there?

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Lol the fark happened there?

Gotta sear the outside first.

Blake
04-06-2018, 04:54 PM

I've been to one in Houston. Loved it.

Blake
04-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Yep..

See the above..

Yeah the salad bar is incredible.

But if you're not careful you'll be full when the meat comes around.

RGMCSE
04-06-2018, 05:35 PM
A guy at work mentioned that he only eats steaks at his house now because he Sous Vide's them and sears the steak with a torch. We laughed our asses off at him. I was curious about it and began watching videos. I then bought this low end sous vide (https://www.amazon.com/Chefman-RJ39-Precision-Immersion-Circulator/dp/B077P73F2V/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1523053809&sr=1-7&keywords=sous+vide) to try it out. Im not laughing any more. I sous vide and then pan seared the best medium NY Strip I ever ate in my life. I've been fortunate to eat at a few high end steak houses around the country, St. Elmos for example. The steak I made was so damn good I couldn't believe it.

Expert
04-06-2018, 06:10 PM
No question for me.
New York Strip. Medium.
For me, that's the best combo of taste and texture.
Grilled Asparagus and twice baked potato.
Salad and rolls.
You ever try putting just the Beats on your plate without all the fancy side dishes?

SpursforSix
04-06-2018, 06:30 PM
You ever try putting just the Beats on your plate without all the fancy side dishes?

WTF. You realize Beats are premium top end sound products.
That being said, I'll often listen to my Beats if eating alone.
With the meal I posted above, I'd likely play some Jazz.

Expert
04-06-2018, 06:32 PM
WTF. You realize Beats are premium top end sound products.
That being said, I'll often listen to my Beats if eating alone.
With the meal I posted above, I'd likely play some Jazz.
Top 10 black jazz artists of all time?

leemajors
04-06-2018, 06:46 PM
A guy at work mentioned that he only eats steaks at his house now because he Sous Vide's them and sears the steak with a torch. We laughed our asses off at him. I was curious about it and began watching videos. I then bought this low end sous vide (https://www.amazon.com/Chefman-RJ39-Precision-Immersion-Circulator/dp/B077P73F2V/ref=sr_1_7?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1523053809&sr=1-7&keywords=sous+vide) to try it out. Im not laughing any more. I sous vide and then pan seared the best medium NY Strip I ever ate in my life. I've been fortunate to eat at a few high end steak houses around the country, St. Elmos for example. The steak I made was so damn good I couldn't believe it.

I've had an Anova the last 3 years, it is great. Sirloin at 120 for 8 hours then seared is fantastic. I do wild hog legs at 140 for 24 hours, then finish them on the grill. So damn good. Veggies are great too, asparagus with butter at 180 for 10 mins - still tender and sweet, just throw them in a hot pan and season.

Blake
04-06-2018, 07:12 PM

This sounds cosmic cowboyish

ElNono
04-06-2018, 08:08 PM

yes... but in Brazil. Not sure how the US version compares, tbh

RGMCSE
04-06-2018, 11:19 PM
I've had an Anova the last 3 years, it is great. Sirloin at 120 for 8 hours then seared is fantastic. I do wild hog legs at 140 for 24 hours, then finish them on the grill. So damn good. Veggies are great too, asparagus with butter at 180 for 10 mins - still tender and sweet, just throw them in a hot pan and season.

This is something ill be trying this weekend and I cant wait!!:toast

leemajors
04-06-2018, 11:44 PM
This is something ill be trying this weekend and I cant wait!!:toast

I had a torch but recently got a kamado for 600 degree sears. Cast iron works great too.

The legs are juicy cause they have just been sitting in there cooking for 24 in their own juices and whatever marinade/rub you want to do. I usually use rosemary, thyme, sage, s/p and bay leaves.

Xevious
04-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Yep..

See the above..
But those places don't serve their meat soaked in ketchup and poured over burnt french toast... so fuck that.

Xevious
04-06-2018, 11:57 PM
Honestly my favorite Brazilian steakhouse is Pampas in Las Vegas. It's small, and actually decently priced especially at lunchtime. I have to go every time I'm in town and it never disappoints.

DJR210
04-07-2018, 01:02 AM
Yeah the salad bar is incredible.

But if you're not careful you'll be full when the meat comes around.

Exactly.. you serve the salad piling off the plate, but you don't eat it before the meal, you pick with the meal.. if not you're a retard and just spent 30 dollars on leaves and prosciutto

RGMCSE
04-07-2018, 06:07 AM
I had a torch but recently got a kamado for 600 degree sears. Cast iron works great too.

The legs are juicy cause they have just been sitting in there cooking for 24 in their own juices and whatever marinade/rub you want to do. I usually use rosemary, thyme, sage, s/p and bay leaves.

Yeah I didn't want the torch because of the possibility of ruining the meat with butane taste. The searzall attachment apparently prevents that from happening but a i just use my cast iron. Dude, you hit the nail on the head with rosemary and Thyme for beef. I used dill, cracked pepper and kosher salt on my chicken breast and they were amazing as well.

BD24
04-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Exactly.. you serve the salad piling off the plate, but you don't eat it before the meal, you pick with the meal.. if not you're a retard and just spent 30 dollars on leaves and prosciutto
honestly I dont even go for the salad at all. Straight to the Steak. With that said I did do the salad bar the first time I went and it was tastey.

DJR210
04-07-2018, 11:14 PM
honestly I dont even go for the salad at all. Straight to the Steak. With that said I did do the salad bar the first time I went and it was tastey.

The salad bar is that damn good though.. Just dont eat it first

BD24
04-12-2018, 08:55 PM
I just saw the retarded ass shit that Avante posted :lol

Where the fuck did the old faggot find that recipe, a book about how to fuck up your steak?

Chucho
04-12-2018, 09:46 PM
I just saw the retarded ass shit that Avante posted :lol

Where the fuck did the old faggot find that recipe, a book about how to fuck up your steak?

DJR210
04-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Had a 23 oz porterhouse at Texas Roadhouse the other night.. fucking great steak.

04-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Had a 23 oz porterhouse at Texas Roadhouse the other night.. fucking great steak.
Nice. Do they provide you with scissors or did you have to bring your own tbh?

DJR210
04-13-2018, 12:16 PM

:lol that shit was tender as hell tbh

baseline bum
04-13-2018, 12:19 PM

BD24
04-13-2018, 12:38 PM
:lol:toast

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2018, 05:42 PM

I'm trying to remember the poster who bragged about luxurious living by eating $15 steaks or something on this forum years ago:lol

cantthinkofanything
04-13-2018, 05:51 PM
I like my steak like I like my women. Burnt and wearing a Harrison Ford mask.

cantthinkofanything
04-13-2018, 05:52 PM

I'm trying to remember the poster who bragged about luxurious living by eating $15 steaks or something on this forum years ago:lol

Probably find by searching "upscale".

DJR210
04-13-2018, 09:13 PM
Probably find by searching "upscale".

Wasn't it UNT aka Guitard who was saying that "upscale" bullshit?

cantthinkofanything
04-13-2018, 09:28 PM

Yeah...I think you're right.

BD24
04-13-2018, 09:34 PM
Sounds about right. Still not as stupid as cutting your steak up with scissors. :lol

cantthinkofanything
04-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Sounds about right. Still not as stupid as cutting your steak up with scissors. :lol

Thats some funny shit. Will live on in Spurstalk.

DJR210
04-14-2018, 10:01 AM
"If I'm gonna go to an upscale restaurant like Applebees.." - UNT

monosylab1k
04-14-2018, 01:55 PM

Pretty sure that was thispego, thinking that he was scoreboarding everybody by freeloading at a condo in Breck eating cheap steaks :lol

monosylab1k
04-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Found it :lol

:lmao That's it, I've won. Got you all in a fit :lol I'm gettin ugly looks from the Mrs. - time to get off the phone ruining you chumps and cool some $15.00 tenderloin steaks :tu

Eat shit y'all :rollin

AaronY
04-15-2018, 12:09 PM
roflolmao

RGMCSE
04-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Just had me a filet medium temp with rock lobster last night from the local Papadeaux's. Had me thinking i should've just cooked it at home. It was good but, I could've made it my self and had extra left over.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2018, 05:38 PM

chunticakes
04-15-2018, 06:13 PM
Pretty sure that was thispego, thinking that he was scoreboarding everybody by freeloading at a condo in Breck eating cheap steaks :lol

Jesus fucking Christ. :lol :lol :lol

Capt Bringdown
04-15-2018, 09:20 PM
Head down to Costco and get some US Prime.
Less than 2% of all US beef will earn the top prime designation.

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 12:58 PM

I almost never order steak unless I'm at an upscale steakhouse. Mostly because it fucks with my arthritis. So if I'm gonna order a steak, it's got to be top notch.
That being said, we were at Logan's (which is pretty similar to TRH) and ordered the strip. It was very good.

My wife always gets steak at Roadhouse and I always give her shit. But maybe she's got it right.

BD24
05-14-2018, 02:34 PM
I am going to a Brazilian steakhouse later this week for dinner. Does anyone know if they provide scissors generally? Or will I need to bring my own from home? I just bought a really nice pair of steak cutting scissors a few months back, interested to see how well they cut primo steak tbh

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 02:52 PM
I am going to a Brazilian steakhouse later this week for dinner. Does anyone know if they provide scissors generally? Or will I need to bring my own from home? I just bought a really nice pair of steak cutting scissors a few months back, interested to see how well they cut primo steak tbh

I was thinking about this earlier and it'd be funny as fuck if you go to a nice steakhouse. They bring you your steak.

Waiter: will you need anything else?
Diner: just some scissors and ketchup

clambake
05-14-2018, 02:58 PM

you need to bring your own, just don't run with them.

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 03:02 PM
thinking out loud...name for new restaurant..."Steak N Scissors".

clambake
05-14-2018, 03:07 PM
scisserhands steakhouse

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Scissler

clambake
05-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Scissler

for some reason thats catchy

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Not sure it has staying power tho

Avante
05-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Is being dumb a Texas thing?

Google.....meat cutting scissors.....see what ya find.

I really am surrounded by know nothings.

The level of....DUH~~~....is amazing.

Blake
05-14-2018, 03:56 PM
Because only the best cooks use scissors to prep a fine steak

Avante
05-14-2018, 04:27 PM
i use scissors in the kitchen to cut fins off fish

My great grandma used scissors to cut up everything. She was THE cook in the familily.

You can hold things and cut with a scissors as the droppings fall onto whatever. Try that with a knife, it can't be done.

Avante
05-14-2018, 04:33 PM
How to Use Kitchen Scissors (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Kitchen-Scissors)

BD24
05-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Is being dumb a Texas thing?

Google.....meat cutting scissors.....see what ya find.

I really am surrounded by know nothings.

The level of....DUH~~~....is amazing.
Notice they are called meat cutting scissors. Not steak cutting scissors.

How many times do you go to a Primo steakhouse and they bring you scissors to cut your steak with? Well?

Blake
05-14-2018, 06:44 PM
I think I learned how to use scissors in kindergarten

Avante
05-14-2018, 07:04 PM
Notice they are called meat cutting scissors. Not steak cutting scissors.

How many times do you go to a Primo steakhouse and they bring you scissors to cut your steak with? Well?

Dummy, what about this confuses you?

Well?

Blake
05-14-2018, 07:06 PM

I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4665/808/1024/robinson 14.jpg

BD24
05-14-2018, 07:07 PM

Well?
So they aren't called Steak Scissors and they don't bring you scissors at a steak restaurant for your Steak? Got it.

Now go ahead and spam one of your list and keep deflecting you old faggot.

Avante
05-14-2018, 07:25 PM
So they aren't called Steak Scissors and they don't bring you scissors at a steak restaurant for your Steak? Got it.

Now go ahead and spam one of your list and keep deflecting you old faggot.

Stupid, you can't read? I was talking about...PREPARING...the thing, ok dummy? Hell no ya don't cut a steak up at the table with a pair of fucking scissors, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

My God we have some dumbs fucks here, incredible~~~~~~~~

ONE MORE TIME

I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***. Then*** I toss it in a bowl with hot mushrooms, melted cheese and Teriyaki sauce. Shake it all up then dump the mix onto barbecued (close to be burned) french toast,************

Now try eating that with a pair of fucking scissors, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SpursforSix
05-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Stupid, you can't read? I was talking about...PREPARING...the thing, ok dummy? Hell no ya don't cut a steak up at the table with a pair of fucking scissors, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

My God we have some dumbs fucks here, incredible~~~~~~~~

ONE MORE TIME

I take a pair of scissors and cut my steak into little (tiny) pieces after it's been barbecued***. Then*** I toss it in a bowl with hot mushrooms, melted cheese and Teriyaki sauce. Shake it all up then dump the mix onto barbecued (close to be burned) french toast,************

Now try eating that with a pair of fucking scissors, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you thinking of hamburger meat? Because you don't eat that with scissors either.

Xevious
05-15-2018, 12:03 AM
I almost never order steak unless I'm at an upscale steakhouse. Mostly because it fucks with my arthritis. So if I'm gonna order a steak, it's got to be top notch.
That being said, we were at Logan's (which is pretty similar to TRH) and ordered the strip. It was very good.

My wife always gets steak at Roadhouse and I always give her shit. But maybe she's got it right.
Logans and Texas Roadhouse are very hit or miss when it comes to steak. So I usually end up ordering a salad, grilled porkchop, or some other dish that's hard to fuck up.

Xevious
05-15-2018, 12:05 AM
Probably be a good idea to swing by Office Depot to pick up a pair before you go out to eat tbh.

Avante
05-15-2018, 12:58 AM
Little people, yep, ya don't eat steak with fucking scissors, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My God there is no end to it, wow~~~~~~~~~

BD24
05-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Logans and Texas Roadhouse are very hit or miss when it comes to steak. So I usually end up ordering a salad, grilled porkchop, or some other dish that's hard to fuck up.
The pork chop at Logan’s is good. Their steak is nothing to write home about. Probably using Avantes grandmas recipe tbh

SpursforSix
05-15-2018, 10:37 AM

ah...maybe I was lucky then. Makes sense though. My wife always gets the filet and about 50% of the time, it's cooked to her order. And sometimes, without even asking her, they butterfly the filet so it cooks quicker. WTF.

But I'm not super picky. If I order medium, I'm OK with getting anything from medium rare to well. I get that it's Roadhouse/Logan's. So I'm not gonna send anything back. They're always busy as hell and trying to get the steak out around the same time as everyone else's food.

In fact, the only reason I ordered the steak was because Logan's menu has slightly fewer choices than RH. What I was hoping to order was the BBQ ribs and chicken combo but I think that's on the RH menu.

All that being said, I was very happy with Logan's strip the other day.