PDA

View Full Version : Pop comments on the importance of being mindful...

ElNono
04-05-2018, 12:39 AM
In these desperate times, I wanna leave with y'all some wise words from our coach, tbh...

“I think if people take the time to think about it. I think it is our national sin,” he said. “It always intrigues me when people come out with, ‘I’m tired of talking about that,’ or, ‘Do we have to talk about race again?’ And the answer is, ‘You’re damned right we do’ because it’s always there — and it’s systemic, in the sense that when you talk about opportunity, it’s not about, ‘Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, you can have the American Dream.’ That’s a bunch of hogwash.”

Popovich, who got on the topic after a reporter asked him about Black History Month, also took the opportunity to discuss white privilege, a concept that has garnered more attention lately because of the increasingly vocal “alt-right” movement known for its views espousing racist, anti-Semitic and sexist points of view.

“If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage — educationally, economically, culturally, in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it’s in a judicial sense, or a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education,” he said. “We have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It’s a tough one because people don’t really want to face it.”

SAGirl
04-05-2018, 12:40 AM
:wakeup .It is tiring... :lol

Gummi Clutch
04-05-2018, 12:42 AM
we should just hire a blacks coach then. Hear Mark Jackson is available ...:lol

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 12:45 AM
When did Pop spout this crap comment?

ElNono
04-05-2018, 12:46 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/02/03/do-we-have-to-talk-about-race-again-gregg-popovich-says-youre-damned-right-we-do/?utm_term=.76f4430b87f8

HI-FI
04-05-2018, 12:46 AM
I’ve always wanted to see a reporter ask Pop if he owes his career to white privilege, and if he has ever gotten over himself. Except they all suck him off despite Pop bullying them.

ElNono
04-05-2018, 12:48 AM
I’ve always wanted to see a reporter ask Pop if he owes his career to white privilege, and if he has ever gotten over himself. Except they all suck him off despite Pop bullying them.

There's nothing wrong in basking in the glory of white privilege, as long as you're mindful, tbh

SuperCam
04-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Poop on pace to tank the 2020 olympic quarter finals against Nigeria just so he doesn't have to shake Trump's hand, smh

NASpurs
04-05-2018, 12:50 AM
:cry so woke, so enlightened :cry

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 12:58 AM
I really wish his comments weren't so broad and pointless. Saying this shit does nothing. Besides lead to white guilt and black people being helpless.

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 01:01 AM
‘Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, you can have the American Dream.’

This is actually a much more valuable than telling them they can blame everything on racism.

Nathan89
04-05-2018, 01:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oww-4wdrvgI

Chris
04-05-2018, 01:16 AM

It's his wife I'm tellin ya. :lol No way Pop grew up thinking this crap.

spurs10
04-05-2018, 02:24 AM
In these desperate times, I wanna leave with y'all some wise words from our coach, tbh...

“I think if people take the time to think about it. I think it is our national sin,” he said. “It always intrigues me when people come out with, ‘I’m tired of talking about that,’ or, ‘Do we have to talk about race again?’ And the answer is, ‘You’re damned right we do’ because it’s always there — and it’s systemic, in the sense that when you talk about opportunity, it’s not about, ‘Well, if you lace up your shoes and you work hard, you can have the American Dream.’ That’s a bunch of hogwash.”

Popovich, who got on the topic after a reporter asked him about Black History Month, also took the opportunity to discuss white privilege, a concept that has garnered more attention lately because of the increasingly vocal “alt-right” movement known for its views espousing racist, anti-Semitic and sexist points of view.

“If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage — educationally, economically, culturally, in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it’s in a judicial sense, or a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education,” he said. “We have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It’s a tough one because people don’t really want to face it.” More completely legitimate observations. Thanks for carrying Pop's torch El Nono, although you must have done some digging to find these quotes. :)

Stabula
04-05-2018, 03:15 AM
:lmao

Strategic
04-05-2018, 03:17 AM
Didn’t know he spent a lot of time in the Middle East.

tholdren
04-05-2018, 05:46 AM
There's nothing wrong in basking in the glory of white privilege, as long as you're mindful, tbh

Lol you are so dumb

jimbo
04-05-2018, 06:21 AM

100% poop would ignore the comment or insult the reporter over it

dbestpro
04-05-2018, 07:00 AM
When you accuse someone of racism you cause them to take a racial stance to defend themselves. Racism was near dead until everyone started pointing fingers. Even if you believe it, you need to come with common sense solutions. Bitching about it all day just widens the gap between people. Pop says these things to make himself feel good, but is doing nothing to help the public good.

Brazil
04-05-2018, 07:10 AM
He is right, it is important

Clipper Nation
04-05-2018, 09:00 AM
“If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage — educationally, economically, culturally, in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it’s in a judicial sense, or a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education,” he said.
:pop: "For example, I gave Matt Bonner a roster spot on the Spurs for a decade while running off Stephen Jackson, Dewayne Dedmon and Jonathon Simmons."

UZER
04-05-2018, 09:09 AM
:pop: "For example, I gave Matt Bonner a roster spot on the Spurs for a decade while running off Stephen Jackson, Dewayne Dedmon and Jonathon Simmons."

In addition, I love euro players more than black American born players. I even signed a guy who took a racist slant eyes picture.

:pop:

cd98
04-05-2018, 09:26 AM
I think this has as much to do with the idea that one feels guilty when he is paid millions of dollars to coach a sport and find that he is mediocre at what he does when he don't have a superstar on his team.

FireMicoHalili
04-05-2018, 09:52 AM
His political views are wrong because he’s coaching poorly this year? Because his bitch ass star player won’t play and he’s forced to make do with a roster that normally would win 50 wins a season had Pachulia not injured him? Maybe try assailing his political views with substance.

coachmac87
04-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I think this has as much to do with the idea that one feels guilty when he is paid millions of dollars to coach a sport and find that he is mediocre at what he does when he don't have a superstar on his team.

Oh like Rick Carlisle??

NBA is always about the players...Pop has openly admitted it many times...

Some of y’all act like Pop portrays himself like Phil Jackson lol

Proxy
04-05-2018, 10:43 AM
*goes to ST to discuss guns*

*goes to ST to bitch about Pop answering a political question he was asked*

cd98
04-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Oh like Rick Carlisle??

NBA is always about the players...Pop has openly admitted it many times...

Some of y’all act like Pop portrays himself like Phil Jackson lol

Gee...never said that. Pop knows he ain't that great. But my point is he probably feels guilty knowing he's paid millions to not be that great.

coachmac87
04-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Gee...never said that. Pop knows he ain't that great. But my point is he probably feels guilty knowing he's paid millions to not be that great.

My point is every coach is mediocre when you don’t have players..and I pointed out Carlisle as an example..some here believe he’s the best in the league..yet he’s had a top 5 lottery team past two years.

Pop is just being humble. He knows he’s considered the BEST league wide and instead of patting himself on the back like Phil Jackson he does the opposite..

I’m not taking a direct shot at what you said cause you’re probably right. Just used your quote to make a point to some here on this board.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2018, 11:44 AM
In addition, I love euro players more than black American born players. I even signed a guy who took a racist slant eyes picture.

:pop:

:pop: "And let's not forget about how I take all the credit for the black excellence that carried me to all those rings. It wasn't Duncan and Kawhi's natural talent, it was my system making them look good."

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 12:37 PM
When you accuse someone of racism you cause them to take a racial stance to defend themselves. Racism was near dead until everyone started pointing fingers. Even if you believe it, you need to come with common sense solutions. Bitching about it all day just widens the gap between people. Pop says these things to make himself feel good, but is doing nothing to help the public good.
:lol

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 12:39 PM
:pop: "And let's not forget about how I take all the credit for the black excellence that carried me to all those rings. It wasn't Duncan and Kawhi's natural talent, it was my system making them look good."
open mouth, insert foot

"People who grew up with me know me. I would not be standing here if it wasn’t for Tim Duncan. I’d be in the Budweiser League someplace in America, fat and still trying to play basketball or coach basketball. But he’s why I’m standing. He’s made livings for hundreds of us, staff and coaches, over the years, and never said a word. Just came to work every day. Came early. Stayed late. Was there for every single person, from the top of the roster to the bottom of the roster because that’s who he was, in all those respects.”

Clipper Nation
04-05-2018, 01:03 PM
And yet Poop benched Duncan during 6. Actions speak louder than words.

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 01:07 PM
its pretty funny seeing CN go all sjw when it comes to talking about pop

E20
04-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I think Pop has gone on record saying he has a easy life automatically because he's white, but who gives a shit guys. Everyone quit being a sensitive bitch and getting your panties ruffled by one man's political opinions. Just continue criticizing him on basketball decisions.

Clipper Nation
04-05-2018, 02:57 PM
I think Pop has gone on record saying he has a easy life automatically because he's white, but who gives a shit guys. Everyone quit being a sensitive bitch and getting your panties ruffled by one man's political opinions. Just continue criticizing him on basketball decisions.

Poop is the one being sensitive, though. Pretty much every time the Spurs lose now, he tries to change the subject to politics instead of the shit coaching job he just did.

tholdren
04-05-2018, 05:58 PM

Kl was 4th option on one team that rang. Youre dumber than deandre jordan

Atl Spur
04-05-2018, 07:40 PM
You’re not serious are you? I just don’t know when you guys are playing or being real.

Atl Spur
04-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Nathan89...........

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Nathan89...........
live feed:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vk7VesvyZEwuI/giphy.gif

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-05-2018, 07:56 PM
:pop: We're all racist, worthless pieces of shit. We will be skipping practice again today to watch another Rosa Parks documentary.

Expert
04-06-2018, 01:32 AM

“If you were born white, you automatically have a monstrous advantage — educationally, economically, culturally, in this society and all the systemic roadblocks that exist, whether it’s in a judicial sense, or a neighborhood sense with laws, zoning, education,” he said. “We have huge problems in that regard that are very complicated, but take leadership, time, and real concern to try to solve. It’s a tough one because people don’t really want to face it.”

:pop: Then I drove my 120K Mercedes back to my mansion in the gated community of wealthy, mostly white golf club members at the Dominion like a boss.

Expert
04-06-2018, 01:33 AM
its pretty funny seeing CN go all sjw when it comes to talking about pop
Funnier watching you attempt to snipe from the safety of neutrality.

Expert
04-06-2018, 01:35 AM
:pop: I've spent my entire career screaming at black men to work harder so the wealthy white owner can make more money. Sure they get paid as well, it's the law I think.

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 01:46 AM
Funnier watching you attempt to snipe from the safety of neutrality.
:lol neutrality

you dont read my positions and then pretend i dont have them. just narratives, per par

Expert
04-06-2018, 02:14 AM

you dont read my positions and then pretend i dont have them. just narratives, per par

The large majority of your posts are median sniping sessions, hit and run when no one was even talking to you. Then your target has to try to coax out away from the safety of the median to get you to discuss what exactly your snipe was about, usually something you glassed over and just fired a round off in passing.

Atl Spur
04-06-2018, 05:45 AM
The large majority of your posts are median sniping sessions, hit and run when no one was even talking to you. Then your target has to try to coax out away from the safety of the median to get you to discuss what exactly your snipe was about, usually something you glassed over and just fired a round off in passing.

Dude.......... please stop typing.

Atl Spur
04-06-2018, 05:49 AM

We both know you don’t want it on any front; be a good little boy and go play your mind craft.

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Mindless narratives

DarrinS
04-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Message for Pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPrdX-cqF0

Expert
04-06-2018, 10:24 AM
We both know you don’t want it on any front; be a good little boy and go play your mind craft.

Mindless narratives:lol

Strategic
04-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Civics, not Social Studies! Spurs basketball, not bullshit!

spurraider21
04-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Message for Pop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPrdX-cqF0
:lol triggered in april by pop's comments from february

tholdren
04-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Civics, not Social Studies! Spurs basketball, not bullshit!

Talking to kawhi, pop, or both

cd98
04-06-2018, 10:02 PM
It’s nice of Pop to step out of his exclusive millionaire community to lecture the common folk about how bad they are and how enlightened he is and then he can go back to drinking wine from his winery.

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 10:15 PM
:pop: Then I drove my 120K Mercedes back to my mansion in the gated community of wealthy, mostly white golf club members at the Dominion like a boss.

Nobody is saying that living like a privileged person is a sin but if you dont have an understanding or empathy then more than likely your ignorance is what helps it thrive. That was an extremely elementary response to a very thoughtful response from Pop on real life.

cd98
04-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Nobody is saying that living like a privileged person is a sin but if you dont have an understanding or empathy then more than likely your ignorance is what helps it thrive. That was an extremely elementary response to a very thoughtful response from Pop on real life.

To be honest, a lot of what they call institutional racism is really just socioeconomic. Poor people, black or white, have a disadvantage in life that wealthy people’s children enjoy. I’ve seen minorities that grow up in wealthy families and they do not struggle to get high paying jobs and education at elite schools. And plenty of poor whites can’t get into good schools and struggle to better themselves economically and get the best jobs. I don’t doubt that there are some elements of white privilege but it is not as simple as Pop tries to make it. And certainly the way he attacks all Americans as racists is tone deaf. He doesn’t hang out with common people on a regular basis, so how does he feel like he’s knows they’re all a bunch of racists? But he gets applause from the media he hates, so he is willing to make uninformed rants.

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 10:48 PM
To be honest, a lot of what they call institutional racism is really just socioeconomic. Poor people, black or white, have a disadvantage in life that wealthy people’s children enjoy. I’ve seen minorities that grow up in wealthy families and they do not struggle to get high paying jobs and education at elite schools. And plenty of poor whites can’t get into good schools and struggle to better themselves economically and get the best jobs. I don’t doubt that there are some elements of white privilege but it is not as simple as Pop tries to make it. And certainly the way he attacks all Americans as racists is tone deaf. He doesn’t hang out with common people on a regular basis, so how does he feel like he’s knows they’re all a bunch of racists? But he gets applause from the media he hates, so he is willing to make uninformed rants.

No. It is that black and white. Slavery and the sheer atricousness that it was is a huge part of systematic racism.
Then you take a closer look at how the system has treated blacks in general including government housing, CIA driven coke and crack flooding the areas, militarized policing policies, and then this stigma that racism no longer exists when MLK was just assassinated 50 years ago. Black families have been broken apart along with broken school systems, while the wealthiest thrive and control the current "socioeconomic" conditions. Of course this is systematic when you dont think black people in this country do not need more help than others. Empathy and understanding of humanity is a good start. God and Love is the foundation of us.

tholdren
04-06-2018, 11:26 PM

You work hard you dream big you dont give up and none of the above matters. The problem is people use those excuses to stop doing whatever it takes to get what they want.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2018, 11:28 PM
Popvich is so fake.

Expert
04-06-2018, 11:29 PM
Because Jesus drove a Mercedes.

Expert
04-06-2018, 11:34 PM
No. It is that black and white. Slavery and the sheer atricousness that it was is a huge part of systematic racism.
Then you take a closer look at how the system has treated blacks in general including government housing, CIA driven coke and crack flooding the areas, militarized policing policies, and then this stigma that racism no longer exists when MLK was just assassinated 50 years ago. Black families have been broken apart along with broken school systems, while the wealthiest thrive and control the current "socioeconomic" conditions. Of course this is systematic when you dont think black people in this country do not need more help than others. Empathy and understanding of humanity is a good start. God and Love is the foundation of us.
Bullshit.

Certain people need help, regardless of the color of their skin. Does David Robinson need help? All that CIA shit you spewed is gibberish. Poor areas historically have high crime rates, mostly because a good portion of that crime is centered around either making money or taking advantage of those who need to.

So government housing hurts black people? Is it because the crime rate is so high in those areas or something about the housing itself? I'd think it's more along the lines of enabling black men to sow wild oats until they are 50 years old, if they live that long, because the woman and child would be better off with government assistance than trying to get by on whatever the guy can make at a minimum wage job.

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 11:40 PM
Bullshit.

Certain people need help, regardless of the color of their skin. Does David Robinson need help? All that CIA shit you spewed is gibberish. Poor areas historically have high crime rates, mostly because a good portion of that crime is centered around either making money or taking advantage of those who need to.

So government housing hurts black people? Is it because the crime rate is so high in those areas or something about the housing itself? I'd think it's more along the lines of enabling black men to sow wild oats until they are 50 years old, if they live that long, because the woman and child would be better off with government assistance than trying to get by on whatever the guy can make at a minimum wage job.

So. Your view on helping the inordinate amount of blacks going to jail and being poor is to just let the "American system" run its course. Why dont you understand the plight instead of assuming things in your own little bubble for once.

Nathan89
04-06-2018, 11:47 PM
while the wealthiest thrive and control the current "socioeconomic" conditions.

Good. We live in a capitalistic economy and we should do our best not to discourage that. All that wealth is what invests in all the things that raise our standard of living. Just think how wonderful getting the world's information from google, or getting efficient transportation with uber, or quality travel accommodations with airbnb. It's wonderful. Capitalism raises our standard of living drastically. We'd be much better off if we mimic that and make are public school system more competitive and our healthcare system more competitive. The biggest problems occur when the government intervenes.

SpursDynasty85
04-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Good. We live in a capitalistic economy and we should do our best not to discourage that. All that wealth is what invests in all the things that raise our standard of living. Just think how wonderful getting the world's information from google, or getting efficient transportation with uber, or quality travel accommodations with airbnb. It's wonderful. Capitalism raises our standard of living drastically. We'd be much better off if we mimic that and make are public school system more competitive and our healthcare system more competitive. The biggest problems occur when the government intervenes.

Didn't say parts of that were not good but your not addressing the problems. Why are blacks disproportionately poor and in jail? If you admit that it is a problem then we should address it. If you dont think it's a problem then "you are the problem".

Nathan89
04-07-2018, 12:00 AM
So. Your view on helping the inordinate amount of blacks going to jail and being poor is to just let the "American system" run its course. Why dont you understand the plight instead of assuming things in your own little bubble for once.

Blacks commit a lot of crime. We should definitely fix our laws around drugs though. There are much more effective ways to deal with the problem.

The government can't fix all problems. Often times problems get worse when they try to fix the situation like affirmative action. The black community has terrible cultural problems. When a black person does well they are shamed for "acting white". Single motherhood is also a major problem. Fixing mass incarceration won't change that much. Then they have the pervasive issue of blaming everything on racism. Here Pop is doing it for them. That's a great way to make a person helpless and discourage them from ever trying.

Here understand the plight instead of assuming things in you own little bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FrBYi8pKA

Nathan89
04-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Didn't say parts of that were not good but your not addressing the problems. Why are blacks disproportionately poor and in jail? If you admit that it is a problem then we should address it. If you dont think it's a problem then "you are the problem".

Single motherhood is a major factor. Blacks commit the most crime is another major factor. We can still combat drug issues in a more effective way to lower the incarceration rate though.

If you admit that it is a problem then we should address it. If you dont think it's a problem then "you are the problem".

Pop is actually a major part of the problem. Blame everything on racism and all you get is helpless people.

The government seems to make the issue worse so "address it" is not an obvious option.

Nathan89
04-07-2018, 12:09 AM
google ... uber ... airbnb

bad examples, hombre

Why? The capital investment in uber and airbnb has been immense. Regardless this is all the fruit of capitalism. Just look around you life and you'll see how much better you life is because of it. Socialized systems don't produce this same fruit. The closer to capitalism the better.

SpursDynasty85
04-07-2018, 12:26 AM
Single motherhood is a major factor. Blacks commit the most crime is another major factor. We can still combat drug issues in a more effective way to lower the incarceration rate though.

Pop is actually a major part of the problem. Blame everything on racism and all you get is helpless people.

The government seems to make the issue worse so "address it" is not an obvious option.

You assume people who call out racism coddle black people and make them helpless. Give people more credit than that please. It's much deeper than single mothers. Why are there single mothers, why are blacks committing more crimes. Its because we have people who arrest people thinking it's the right thing to do. Arresting people and putting people through the criminal justice system is a vicious cycle. Their are numerous stories and stats about it, look it up. Fundamentally we have to start being content with less and give more. Unfortunately that is not "capitalistic".
We need to put more narratives of hope and love so that we can spread it. I am Christian. So I plead everyone search their hearts and ask themselves are they really a good person? If the answer is no, ask God for forgiveness in Jesus Christ and he will show you the way with the help of a good church to live a more meaningful life and you will be saved. But its starts with a seed in your spirit. God bless you for the debates and talks. Really appreciate it. Have a good night bro.

Nathan89
04-07-2018, 01:02 AM
You assume people who call out racism coddle black people and make them helpless. Give people more credit than that please. It's much deeper than single mothers. Why are there single mothers, why are blacks committing more crimes. Its because we have people who arrest people thinking it's the right thing to do. Arresting people and putting people through the criminal justice system is a vicious cycle. Their are numerous stories and stats about it, look it up. Fundamentally we have to start being content with less and give more. Unfortunately that is not "capitalistic".
We need to put more narratives of hope and love so that we can spread it. I am Christian. So I plead everyone search their hearts and ask themselves are they really a good person? If the answer is no, ask God for forgiveness in Jesus Christ and he will show you the way with the help of a good church to live a more meaningful life and you will be saved. But its starts with a seed in your spirit. God bless you for the debates and talks. Really appreciate it. Have a good night bro.

No, it's a natural side effect of blaming everything on racism. Watch those videos I posted. You'll get nowhere with a victim mentality.

Fundamentally we have to start being content with less and give more.

That's a personal choice. It's not something that you force on everybody. Are you donating your time to big brother program. Are you donating excess money to poor people?

Unfortunately that is not "capitalistic".

That's why helping extra is a personal choice. We shouldn't upend the best system in the name of helping black people. Meanwhile capitalism already helps the black population much more than any of your government interventions will help them. Capitalism is the mechanism that brings forth the best creations that does wonders to quality of living of everyone. I'm not willing to change that for ineffective programs.

Everyone should strive to be a better person and help more. Creating more ineffective government programs and curtailing our capitalistic economy is not the solution.

We can however make public education more competitive which will provide better educations to all students. We can also fix our drug laws. At the same time we should stop feeding in to the notion that all of black peoples problems are from racism. Single motherhood is a major issue that should be stressed. Shaming successful black people is a problem.

Good night, my friend.

SpursDynasty85
04-07-2018, 10:28 AM
No, it's a natural side effect of blaming everything on racism. Watch those videos I posted. You'll get nowhere with a victim mentality.

That's a personal choice. It's not something that you force on everybody. Are you donating your time to big brother program. Are you donating excess money to poor people?

That's why helping extra is a personal choice. We shouldn't upend the best system in the name of helping black people. Meanwhile capitalism already helps the black population much more than any of your government interventions will help them. Capitalism is the mechanism that brings forth the best creations that does wonders to quality of living of everyone. I'm not willing to change that for ineffective programs.

Everyone should strive to be a better person and help more. Creating more ineffective government programs and curtailing our capitalistic economy is not the solution.

We can however make public education more competitive which will provide better educations to all students. We can also fix our drug laws. At the same time we should stop feeding in to the notion that all of black peoples problems are from racism. Single motherhood is a major issue that should be stressed. Shaming successful black people is a problem.

Good night, my friend.

Not sure if you are white or a minority but black people have helped me significantly. I am Asian and I know without the abolitionists, MLK, civil rights movements and so on, I wouldn't have those freedoms you mentioned. An honest look at history paints a different picture for you than me. I would rather force it on people than turn the blind eye in the name of capitalism. Socialism is not the devil both capitalism and socialism can coexist but our country seems to want to have us divided on these concepts. There are bigger forces at play (devil) but luckily God is bigger than all and in the end he wins. I pray we are both on the right side (Jesus) and we can do what we can for the oppressed until then. Amen.

Expert
04-07-2018, 12:02 PM
You speak as if this "plight" only exists for blacks. It's an economic condition. You're born into poverty and the plight involves trying to escape it, or you succumb to it. Everyone assumes things from their own little bubble, like it or not. For example, you assume that people responding to you here are middle class white men, mostly.

I think there is a level of systemic disadvantage based on race, simply because of being in the minority. The same would be true if a white person lived in a mostly non-white area/country. There's always some form of "the man" we can use as an excuse for not succeeding, but if you pick examples of individuals who actually had blatant disadvantage and discrimination throughout their lives who overcame and not only succeeded but prospered, you can extrapolate that with far less disadvantage, most people should be able to do better than most people are doing. There is a system that allows us to fail as individuals but still live what would be considered middle class lifestyle in many countries.

There's an added stigma though to being black simply because of the history of slavery in the US. Without that, blacks are simply a minority like other races, but other races don't trace their roots back to selective breeding and being marketed like cattle, in this country. Especially during a time when the US was still going through an identity crisis.

SpursDynasty85
04-07-2018, 12:12 PM
You speak as if this "plight" only exists for blacks. It's an economic condition. You're born into poverty and the plight involves trying to escape it, or you succumb to it. Everyone assumes things from their own little bubble, like it or not. For example, you assume that people responding to you here are middle class white men, mostly.

I think there is a level of systemic disadvantage based on race, simply because of being in the minority. The same would be true if a white person lived in a mostly non-white area/country. There's always some form of "the man" we can use as an excuse for not succeeding, but if you pick examples of individuals who actually had blatant disadvantage and discrimination throughout their lives who overcame and not only succeeded but prospered, you can extrapolate that with far less disadvantage, most people should be able to do better than most people are doing. There is a system that allows us to fail as individuals but still live what would be considered middle class lifestyle in many countries.

There's an added stigma though to being black simply because of the history of slavery in the US. Without that, blacks are simply a minority like other races, but other races don't trace their roots back to selective breeding and being marketed like cattle, in this country. Especially during a time when the US was still going through an identity crisis.

You look over American history. Yes there is an economic cycle but you dont believe there was a systematic breakdown or purpose to put blacks in the worst position of us all. You are blind to the facts and would love to rewrite history. I say recognize it is a problem that we enslaved blacks and then very recently put a majority of them in jail yet you choose to see Pop saying "be mindful" as the issue. God will remember everythkng you choose to forget. He doesn't say give a tour belongings to them but be mindful and treat people with more humanity.

Expert
04-07-2018, 12:19 PM
You look over American history. Yes there is an economic cycle but you dont believe there was a systematic breakdown or purpose to put blacks in the worst position of us all. You are blind to the facts and would love to rewrite history. I say recognize it is a problem that we enslaved blacks and then very recently put a majority of them in jail yet you choose to see Pop saying "be mindful" as the issue. God will remember everythkng you choose to forget. He doesn't say give a tour belongings to them but be mindful and treat people with more humanity.

God? If you believe that, you also must think God let it happen in the first place.

I don't care to discuss your religious beliefs.

Expert
04-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Not sure if you are white or a minority but black people have helped me significantly. I am Asian and I know without the abolitionists, MLK, civil rights movements and so on, I wouldn't have those freedoms you mentioned. An honest look at history paints a different picture for you than me. I would rather force it on people than turn the blind eye in the name of capitalism. Socialism is not the devil both capitalism and socialism can coexist but our country seems to want to have us divided on these concepts. There are bigger forces at play (devil) but luckily God is bigger than all and in the end he wins. I pray we are both on the right side (Jesus) and we can do what we can for the oppressed until then. Amen.
Wow, it's all because of an evil spirit.

Atl Spur
04-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Wow, it's all because of an evil spirit.

I see you and Nathan89 being idiots again. Please come for me......I’ll gladly accept your lame ass challenge! Two corny dudes.....

SpursDynasty85
04-07-2018, 01:33 PM
God? If you believe that, you also must think God let it happen in the first place.

I don't care to discuss your religious beliefs.

There is one creator of life and he is God. He had a son he loved and lived in communion with along with the holy spirit. The holy spirit is our guiding light/gift which God and Jesus left behind after Jesus's death. I will gladly take the time to tell you more about Jesus but it seems you need to get past the fact that God exists and so does the devil which uses "the greed for money" as his base. God set things in motion long ago but he is not the creator of sin. In the end all justice and judgement will be perfect according to Jesus. I dont need to belittle my faith just because men have done evil things throughout this world but when I see my brothers and sisters hurt it hurts me too. God allowed me to have that perception and I believe this is what Pop is referring to whether or not he consciously knows its God or not, but when he speaks about these things, it speaks to my soul as human being. I am an Asian american who grew up in Killeen/Ft.Hood where I have seen and heard of the many things the soul can corrupt and still do. I am for freedom and rights but let's not think America is unstained and unbiasedly exceptional, only God are those things.

The problem I have with certain aspects of patriotism is that it leads down an unhealthy path to improper self righteousness instead of servant leadership. Patriotic Capitalism will eventually only lead to more greed in America. It's important we bring some socialistic ideals in America and not polarize all aspects of it.

Ultimately humans will fail but luckily we have a God watching over us. Start with the searching of your soul. That's what MLK was referring to. Not just reparations.

Expert
04-07-2018, 02:25 PM
There is one creator of life and he is God. He had a son he loved and lived in communion with along with the holy spirit. The holy spirit is our guiding light/gift which God and Jesus left behind after Jesus's death. I will gladly take the time to tell you more about Jesus but it seems you need to get past the fact that God exists and so does the devil which uses "the greed for money" as his base. God set things in motion long ago but he is not the creator of sin. In the end all justice and judgement will be perfect according to Jesus. I dont need to belittle my faith just because men have done evil things throughout this world but when I see my brothers and sisters hurt it hurts me too. God allowed me to have that perception and I believe this is what Pop is referring to whether or not he consciously knows its God or not, but when he speaks about these things, it speaks to my soul as human being. I am an Asian american who grew up in Killeen/Ft.Hood where I have seen and heard of the many things the soul can corrupt and still do. I am for freedom and rights but let's not think America is unstained and unbiasedly exceptional, only God are those things.

The problem I have with certain aspects of patriotism is that it leads down an unhealthy path to improper self righteousness instead of servant leadership. Patriotic Capitalism will eventually only lead to more greed in America. It's important we bring some socialistic ideals in America and not polarize all aspects of it.

Ultimately humans will fail but luckily we have a God watching over us. Start with the searching of your soul. That's what MLK was referring to. Not just reparations.
Blah blah blah invisible divine edict with a side of oogie boogie debul

Expert
04-07-2018, 02:27 PM
how have those companies made my life better pray tell?
No doubt your helicopter and house in breck

Nathan89
04-07-2018, 03:26 PM

White people played a significant role in those movements.

I would rather force it on people than turn the blind eye in the name of capitalism.

Short sighted. The quality of living for black Americans is great if you compare it to the past. Capitalism did that. You aren't turning a blind eye you are simply recognizing that capitalism is far more effective at producing technology, inventions, businesses, etc that will better everyones life much more than the government.

Socialism is not the devil it's just not as an effective system as capitalism. We need to make our school system more competitive. We need to make our healthcare more competitive. Innovation that can better everyone in the long-term can be achieved like that.

Meanwhile some argue that the welfare state, affirmative action, etc have hurt the black community. Just because your intentions are to help the black community doesn't mean you will succeed.

The black community doesn't need more help they just need adjustment to current situation. We do need to address the incarceration of drug offenses. We need to make public education more competitive to raise the quality. They need to stop having children out of wedlock. They need to prioritize education. They need to stop shaming black people as "acting white". They need to stop blaming all issues on racism.

SpursDynasty85
04-07-2018, 03:39 PM
White people played a significant role in those movements.

Short sighted. The quality of living for black Americans is great if you compare it to the past. Capitalism did that. You aren't turning a blind eye you are simply recognizing that capitalism is far more effective at producing technology, inventions, businesses, etc that will better everyones life much more than the government.

Socialism is not the devil it's just not as an effective system as capitalism. We need to make our school system more competitive. We need to make our healthcare more competitive. Innovation that can better everyone in the long-term can be achieved like that.

Meanwhile some argue that the welfare state, affirmative action, etc have hurt the black community. Just because your intentions are to help the black community doesn't mean you will succeed.

The black community doesn't need more help they just need adjustment to current situation. We do need to address the incarceration of drug offenses. We need to make public education more competitive to raise the quality. They need to stop having children out of wedlock. They need to prioritize education. They need to stop shaming black people as "acting white". They need to stop blaming all issues on racism.

I like your ideas but the majority of Americans who have the means to help are too busy trying to get richer than actually helping to fix those problems. Public education and public police are socialistic ideas just to put things in perspective of what I mean.