PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lets End the Football vs Baseball debale with one Lifestyle Question.

apalisoc_9
04-05-2018, 01:02 PM
This has been a purely football vs Baseball sub. We gotta give the NBA more room.

So to end it all.

Lets say you as a father of an obese 11 year old...Your son finally shows interest in sport and you are excited at the opportunity to see your son active again and lose some weight. He likes both football and baseball..but its your choice what sport he plays.

What are you gonna do? What sport will you pick?

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2018, 01:07 PM
If your kid is obese at 11 then you already failed as a parent

Avante
04-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Being it's my choice and my son is young and obese.

I get him into bodybuilding. I own all he'd need and know what he needs to do. The goal is to reshape his body, get in shape and muscular. Built his cardio also.

By the time he is HS age he will be ready for football***. Yep, a stud white power RB with some wiggle.

*** part of his cadio conditioning was running out for passes, thousands of them.

midnightpulp
04-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Apa keeps walking into losses. He forgets that to be a good baseball player, you need to do a shit load of weight lifting, which burns calories and actually builds muscle, unlike cardio. So, let's answer the question. If I push my kid into baseball, he can potentially look like this:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--BfiV6piF--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/frgtu4aza9ga4zxdhzpa.jpg

Compared to this:

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/images/oscar_skinny.jpg

dfens
04-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Apa keeps walking into losses. He forgets that to be a good baseball player, you need to do a shit load of weight lifting, which burns calories and actually builds muscle, unlike cardio. So, let's answer the question. If I push my kid into baseball, he can potentially look like this:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--BfiV6piF--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/frgtu4aza9ga4zxdhzpa.jpg

Compared to this:

http://www.soccer-training-info.com/images/oscar_skinny.jpg

gorillas are stronger than humans yet we rule the planet and they're endangered in the jungle .. smh this primitive can't even appreciate skill, it's all about speed/strength/jumping. Tbh you should go watch animals at the zoo :lmao

Chris Fall
04-05-2018, 04:33 PM
This is the question “to end” the debate?

I’d ask the kid what sport he’d want to play and encourage him to pursue it. If baseball, cool. If it’s soccer, cool. If he wants to play both, great. Depends what he wants to do.

You’re trying to infer which sport would help him lose weight, and either could. At age 11, there are fat kids playing soccer who just stand around entire games picking their asses and eating boogers while the other kids run around. And in baseball there are 11 year old kids running all over the place in the outfield making plays and burning calories. At that age, it isn’t the sport, it’s the level of commitment of the kid to put his all in it.

If I wanted my kid to lose weight, before any consideration of sports, I’d tell him to stop sitting around all day jerking off, playing video games and eating candy bars and drinking soda. Weight management at any age is so much more directly impacted by diet than any sports activity or lifestyle.

Fucking retarded that you think this question is the one to “end” the debate.

Avante
04-05-2018, 04:45 PM
This is the question “to end” the debate?

I’d ask the kid what sport he’d want to play and encourage him to pursue it. If baseball, cool. If it’s soccer, cool. If he wants to play both, great. Depends what he wants to do.

You’re trying to infer which sport would help him lose weight, and either could. At age 11, there are fat kids playing soccer who just stand around entire games picking their asses and eating boogers while the other kids run around. And in baseball there are 11 year old kids running all over the place in the outfield making plays and burning calories. At that age, it isn’t the sport, it’s the level of commitment of the kid to put his all in it.

If I wanted my kid to lose weight, before any consideration of sports, I’d tell him to stop sitting around all day jerking off, playing video games and eating candy bars and drinking soda. Weight management at any age is so much more directly impacted by diet than any sports activity or lifestyle.

Fucking retarded that you think this question is the one to “end” the debate.

You let an 11 year make life changing decisions?

midnightpulp
04-05-2018, 04:56 PM
gorillas are stronger than humans yet we rule the planet and they're endangered in the jungle .. smh this primitive can't even appreciate skill, it's all about speed/strength/jumping. Tbh you should go watch animals at the zoo :lmao

"Playing baseball I learned many details that were useful to football, when you determine the flight of the pitch and judging it as a catcher without a perfect view. That sharpened one of my strengths as a footballer, having a wider field of vision. I learned to think ahead. It has many parallels with football: speed, acceleration, adaptation, balance, spatial awareness, anticipation, and more."

- Johan Cruyff

As Cub would say: That's it and that's all.

dfens
04-05-2018, 05:39 PM
"Playing baseball I learned many details that were useful to football, when you determine the flight of the pitch and judging it as a catcher without a perfect view. That sharpened one of my strengths as a footballer, having a wider field of vision. I learned to think ahead. It has many parallels with football: speed, acceleration, adaptation, balance, spatial awareness, anticipation, and more."

- Johan Cruyff

As Cub would say: That's it and that's all.

a choker who couldn't adapt to not running fast. a fitting quote for a loser tbh.

midnightpulp
04-05-2018, 05:41 PM
I guess to officially end this "debate," there never was a debate. Comparing a goal sport to a bat-and-ball sport is idiotic in the first place, and the soccer crew's trolling material toward baseball is easily debunked (i.e. most baseball players are fat, they're not athletic, it's not physically demanding, that it's comparable to darts etc), while the baseball crew trolls with shit that sends the soccer crew :downspin: because it can't be debunked: It's hard fact that soccer ends in a tie around 30% of the time, that the game is filled with the most egregious divers and floppers in sports history and that they get rewarded for such behavior, that stupid fuckin' mini-games decide major matches, that 0-0 ties are relatively common compared to other sports, that there is indeed more light jogging and walking than sprinting, and that they give each other double hand-jobs in locker rooms :lol

spurraider21
04-05-2018, 05:43 PM
I guess to officially end this "debate," there never was a debate. Comparing a goal sport to a bat-and-ball sport is idiotic in the first place, and the soccer crew's trolling material toward baseball is easily debunked (i.e. most baseball players are fat, they're not athletic, it's not physically demanding, that it's comparable to darts etc), while the baseball crew trolls with shit that sends the soccer crew :downspin: because it can't be debunked: It's hard fact that soccer ends in a tie around 30% of the time, that the game is filled with the most egregious divers and floppers in sports history and that they get rewarded for such behavior, that stupid fuckin' mini-games decide major matches, that 0-0 ties are relatively common compared to other sports, that there is indeed more light jogging and walking than sprinting, and that they give each other double hand-jobs in locker rooms :lol
the tie-game and 0-0 outcomes speak more to the sport design than the athletic rigor of the sport tbh

midnightpulp
04-05-2018, 05:51 PM
the tie-game and 0-0 outcomes speak more to the sport design than the athletic rigor of the sport tbh

When I criticize soccer, I mainly criticize its design. On the athlete side, it's no more or less athletically challenging than baseball, but the soccer crew seemingly can't think beyond stamina=athleticism.

Silver&Black
04-05-2018, 06:17 PM
You let an 11 year make life changing decisions?

Heard you made an 11 year old make a life changing decision once.

Avante
04-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Heard you made an 11 year old make a life changing decision once.

Dude, are you stupid enought to think bars hired 11 year olds to hustle drinks? Or are you just a fucking retard?

Never seen so many total idiots in one place before, Texas?

monosylab1k
04-06-2018, 09:29 PM

:lmao one sports has tons of strategy, mind games, and use of humans’ opposable thumbs. The other is just running for an extended amount of time, flopping on the ground to incite reactions, and occasionally kicking. Which one is the primitive sport again?

BD24
04-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Soccer lost this argument the moment they started giving doublehandjobs in the locker room.

close thread.

apalisoc_9
04-06-2018, 10:11 PM
:lmao one sports has tons of strategy, mind games, and use of humans’ opposable thumbs. The other is just running for an extended amount of time, flopping on the ground to incite reactions, and occasionally kicking. Which one is the primitive sport again?

Soccer is the most strategic team sport. No other sport comes close to soccers strategic complexity.

monosylab1k
04-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Soccer is the most strategic team sport. No other sport comes close to soccers strategic complexity.

:lmao

Run
Kick
Block
Flop

So complex :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-06-2018, 11:05 PM

Run
Kick
Block
Flop

Try again.

monosylab1k
04-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Try again.

No

dfens
04-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Run
Kick
Block
Flop

sounds like golden state tbh

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Soccer is a big hit with parents and the YMCA for kids 4-10 b/c literally anybody can play it. In middle and high school it's largely viewed as volleyball--a woman's sport.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Soccer lost this argument the moment they started giving doublehandjobs in the locker room.

close thread.

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/butt-fuchs__oPt.jpg

3 * 23 = 69

FkLA
04-07-2018, 04:51 PM

Run
Kick
Block
Flop

Stand around
Cup adjustment
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds
Swing
Stand around
Cup adjustmet
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds
Stand around
Field a ball
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds

4 hours worth of "action" :lmao

FkLA
04-07-2018, 04:56 PM
They have trackers in soccer that measure the distance players cover in a game. I wonder what those numbers would look like for fatball. :lol

koriwhat
04-07-2018, 05:56 PM

:tu

monosylab1k
04-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Stand around
Cup adjustment
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds
Swing
Stand around
Cup adjustmet
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds
Stand around
Field a ball
Stand around
Sit in dugout
Chew sunflower seeds

4 hours worth of "action" :lmao

Yeah, the discussion wasn’t about athletic ability, it was about the mental and strategic aspects of the games. Of which soccer is light years behind baseball. Try to keep up next time, fam.

DAF86
04-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Yeah, the discussion wasn’t about athletic ability, it was about the mental and strategic aspects of the games. Of which soccer is light years behind baseball. Try to keep up next time, fam.

How is soccer light years behind baseball in terms of strategy? :lol

Soccer is a dinamic sport that allows for multiple different formations and styles.

Baseball's in game strategy is limited to switching pitchers and moving the infielders a bit more to the right if the batter is a lefty. :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-07-2018, 09:23 PM

Soccer is a dinamic sport that allows for multiple different formations and styles.

Baseball's in game strategy is limited to switching pitchers and moving the infielders a bit more to the right if the batter is a lefty. :lmao

Baseball strategy lol.

How do we get the fattest dude to bat at the right time.

Jodelo
04-08-2018, 05:44 AM

3 * 23 = 69

Picture is from the German field hockey team. Stop reaching :lmao

dfens
04-08-2018, 09:23 AM

3 * 23 = 69

illiterate brokeback redneck translations tbh :lmao tbh I heard you got your sister pregnant again :lmao

Expert
04-08-2018, 11:27 AM
If you had an 11 year old you needed someone to babysit for a few hours, would you think you could take him to play baseball or drop him off at a church league soccer game where the term "soccer mom" originated? They don't say "baseball moms". Kids don't really learn baseball until they get much older.

Expert
04-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Remember when MJ went to play soccer? Me neither.

dfens
04-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Remember when MJ went to play soccer? Me neither.

who?
michael jackson?

pele, maradona >>>>>>>>> >>>>> > >> > > >> > > >> > > MJ.

Expert
04-08-2018, 01:55 PM
On the NBA forum pretending to not know who Michael Jordan is. :lol

Only reason anyone here talks about soccer is because of Manu Ginobili being on the Spurs and he doesn't even keep up with it.

Lakers alts pretending to give a shit about soccer = same TP/Manutards

AlexJones
04-08-2018, 06:48 PM
One thing I'll say about soccer is that it has characters and storylines, which is a lot more important than actual quality of play. Hell, Ronaldo is a much fucking bigger superstar than Lebron (who's gigantic).

midnightpulp
04-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Even so, baseball players, on average, are just as athletic as any soccer player, and the best baseball athletes are probably a tier above the best athletes in soccer. Stanton, Judge, Trea Turner, Byron Buxton, Mike Trout, Billy Hamilton, Yasiel Puig, Bradley Zimmerman would absolutely massacre Ronaldo, Bale, Bellerin, Pogba, That African from the German League, etc, etc, etc in a Decathlon.

midnightpulp
04-08-2018, 09:02 PM

Longterm roster building strategy is a lot more complex than soccer.

And your "evaluation" of baseball's in game tactics, of course, come from a goal sport mentality of only considering "plays" and player movement, formations, etc as the only form of tactics in sports. I issued a challenge to you and the soccer crew the last time this debate came up asking you to tell me how to pitch to Mike Trout just based on his swing/swing mechanics, and I got crickets. There's also a multilevel psychological and tactical battle going on between pitcher and batter, with events that happened years ago between any two players affecting the outcome in a "dynamic way."

midnightpulp
04-08-2018, 09:31 PM

http://www.espn.com/soccer/germany/story/3066461/tactics-are-overrated-quality-of-players-more-important-dfb-director?src=com

Soccer fans are like religious zealots when it comes to this. Look, the sport is a goal sport, the most derivative design of a sport there is, and as such, soccer's strategy and tactics won't be fundamentally much different from: Field hockey, Ice Hockey, Gaelic football, Bandy, Hurling, Aussie Rules Football, Basketball, Netball, Korfball, Handball, Water Polo, Floorball. All these sports are essentially about two things tactics wise: Create spacing on offense, reduce spacing on defense. "You have to create a hole (space) for yourself, and then run into that hole (space) yourself." - Johan Cruyff.

I would say Ice Hockey is deeper, since a coach has to balance 3 line changes, meaning he has to figure out gameplans for 3 different lineups and doesn't have the luxury of having his best players on the ice 80%-100% of the time, like in basketball and soccer. Hockey superstars only play about a 3rd of the game. He has to have power play lineups, penalty kill lineups, end game lineups. Hockey also requires a better all-around players, since offensive and defensive players are more active on the other side of the ball (puck) than soccer players. The action also moves much, much faster, so a hockey player gets much less time to make split second "tactical decisions" than a soccer player. And he has to make more them per game, since hockey is truly continuous.

That said, any coach, manager, etc looking to turn sports into something tactically complex would be a bad coach. The less tactical shit you impose on your players, the better. Too many tactics/plays=too many moving parts. Ideally, you would want a relatively simplistic tactical foundation that great players can execute precisely rather than hit them over the head of with dictionary sized playbook (even in the NFL, coaches do not use hundreds of plays per game). That's what that article alluded to. Fans see patterns that aren't there when a broken play, a piece of improvisation, etc in any sport results in a score.

Hecking added in Suddeutsche Zeitung in December that he thinks the current terminology used to describe football reminded him of a secret lore.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2018, 09:59 PM
You compeltey missed his point. Way to twist it.

Baseball fans are like religious nuts. Dead serious.

midnightpulp
04-08-2018, 10:25 PM
You compeltey missed his point. Way to twist it.

Baseball fans are like religious nuts. Dead serious.

I didn't miss his point or your point at all, and didn't twist anything. He's looking at baseball from the wrong mentality. And you flat out stated soccer is the most complex sport in the World, which is bullshit since there's like 50 different sports with the exact same design. Bandy, which is basically ice hockey played on a 100 yard patch of ice, is probably more complex since it's 15 on 15. More players=more variables to account for. This doesn't make any one sport "better" than another, and as I said, no sport is really that intellectually complex to begin with, so who cares.

"Baseball fans are like religious nuts."

:lol First time I heard that one. When's the last time you seen baseball fans riot at a stadium and kill 96 people? Or war with each other on European streets? Or issue "warnings" to fans from other countries not to show up or risk getting beaten? Or assassinate a player for a mistake? Or commit mass suicide after a loss? Hell, in Japan, which probably has the best baseball atmosphere in the world and one of the best atmospheres in all of sports, it's considered disrespectful to boo the opposition.

Meanwhile,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640232-eskisehirspor-fans-set-fire-to-stadium-in-turkey

midnightpulp
04-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Correction. Bandy is actually 11 vs. 11. But Gaelic is 15 vs. 15, features gameplay that involves use of both hands and feet, has a two-level goalpost, with each level being worth a different amount (meaning you can actually take the lead from a deficit), and has some interesting rules like not being able to hit the ball into the bottom goal with your fist unless it's passed to you. All of this means more variables=more "complexity." But soccer is the most complex sport in the world because some hipsters who never played the sport writing on a blog named, "The Beautiful Game," break down some totally random, improvised sequence as they praise Pep Guardiola's tactical "genius."

midnightpulp
04-09-2018, 12:29 AM
They have trackers in soccer that measure the distance players cover in a game. I wonder what those numbers would look like for fatball. :lol

The top workers in soccer usually cover about 7 miles per game. And remember, that's with a 15 minute break between halves. Guess what that translates to? About 5mph. You know what else is 5mph? Walking speed. I don't know why the soccer crew plays up this fact so much? Suburban fat women trying to lose weight can run 7 miles in an hour-in-a-half. Yes, soccer players occasionally sprint, but nothing about soccer's stamina demands are above-and-beyond. Is it tiring? Sure. Is it a feat of endurance only a select few athletes can handle? Not even close. Ultra marathons, triathlons, road cycling, crossfit are stamina sports.

ceds
04-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Dude, are you stupid enought to think bars hired 11 year olds to hustle drinks? Or are you just a fucking retard?

Never seen so many total idiots in one place before, Texas?

You nailed an underage bar girl?

let me guess Cambodia or Philippines

dabom
04-09-2018, 01:38 AM

All football parents. :lol

midnightpulp
04-09-2018, 04:27 AM
All football parents. :lol

Skill position players aren't fat, bro. And NFL lineman are some of the most impressive athletes in all of sports. Think about it for a moment, and you'll understand why.