PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Was LeBrons baiting Donkey the best NBA troll job of All Time?

Fabbs
04-06-2018, 11:06 AM
As we enter another
:lol todays NBA
playoff season

With the prospects of a possible 4th Finals appearance by either the Golden Phaggots or near equally nauseating HardenRef with Chrissy Paul, can we not reflect that at least for one recent year (2016) we were spared the pageantry that came with a phaggot Championship?

A huge momentum point was LeBrons baiting Donkey into a tech and subsequent suspension. "How do my balls feel, Donkey?" was LeBrons M.O. and it worked to perfection.

How does LeBrons troll job rate All Time?
I'd if not undisputed #1, it's gotta be right up there.

Fabbs
04-06-2018, 11:08 AM
It was Harlem Heat who raised the question on the board back when it happened.
I'd say in retrospect LeBrons nutt plant which got Donkey into a tizzy has withstood the test of time.

Epic.
Should be on the "NBAs History Channel" should that production ever come to be.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2018, 12:24 PM
It was a genius mind game on LeGOAT's part, tbh. Phil-esque.

SAGirl
04-06-2018, 01:12 PM
It was Harlem Heat who raised the question on the board back when it happened.
I'd say in retrospect LeBrons nutt plant which got Donkey into a tizzy has withstood the test of time.

Epic.
Should be on the "NBAs History Channel" should that production ever come to be.
It was epic :lol

Expert
04-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Bogut going down was important and overlooked

Clipper Nation
04-06-2018, 03:19 PM
Bogut going down was important and overlooked

:lol This myth again? Bogut was practically unplayable against the Cavs. In 2015, the Finals turned in the Warriors' favor when they benched him. In the 2016 Finals, the Warriors were statistically worse off with him on the court than without him. The Cavs exploited his inability to switch onto guards by spamming PnRs.

Chris Fall
04-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Kobe baiting the Lakers into $48.5M is the gold standard of NBA troll jobs.

Thebesteva
04-06-2018, 06:40 PM
It was a genius mind game on LeGOAT's part, tbh. Phil-esque.

His crying at the press conference was the most legendary part tbh

:'( "I'm gonna give the NBA a call and ask them to suspend Draymond for hurting me" - Le 3-5

Bynumite
04-06-2018, 06:44 PM
In the end LeCoon shot himself in the foot. Warriors don't choke that lead, Durant doesn't join them most likely.

Now LeCoon is destined to stack Finals losses to the ceiling as long as the Warriors core stays healthy and together.

Quick reminder that Curry is the oldest all star on the team at 30, the others are younger. Lebron turns 34 at the end of the year.

Thebesteva
04-06-2018, 06:54 PM
In the end LeCoon shot himself in the foot. Warriors don't choke that lead, Durant doesn't join them most likely.

Now LeCoon is destined to stack Finals losses to the ceiling as long as the Warriors core stays healthy and together.

Quick reminder that Curry is the oldest all star on the team at 30, the others are younger. Lebron turns 34 at the end of the year.

LeHilary supporter u mean?

daslicer
04-06-2018, 06:59 PM

You are right if the Warriors win that finals then Durant never joins them. However you gotta factor in that Lebron probably doesn't win a third ring regardless of Durant coming if the Warriors had won in '16. Also you can't assume Lebron is finished when it comes to winning titles at this point. He could still form another super team this summer with the Rockets or the Sixers. I have a feeling he will go to Philadelphia.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2018, 07:03 PM

:'( "I'm gonna give the NBA a call and ask them to suspend Draymond for hurting me" - Le 3-5
:lol The league was literally not going to enforce their own flagrant foul rules on Draymond until the Cavs shamed them into it. Reverse the players/teams in this situation and you and all the other LeBron haters would be outraged.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Last I checked, Draymond wasn't suspended for the Warriors' other three losses. The Warriors begged for Durbeta because LeBron had them that shook... that's it and that's all.

Thebesteva
04-07-2018, 12:15 AM
:lol The league was literally not going to enforce their own flagrant foul rules on Draymond until the Cavs shamed them into it. Reverse the players/teams in this situation and you and all the other LeBron haters would be outraged.

Do you think he will win this year? Serious question

Clipper Nation
04-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Do you think he will win this year? Serious question
No, because I expect the Warriors to win again. With that roster, anything short of winning it all every year is a humiliating failure.

Expert
04-07-2018, 12:56 PM
:lol This myth again? Bogut was practically unplayable against the Cavs. In 2015, the Finals turned in the Warriors' favor when they benched him. In the 2016 Finals, the Warriors were statistically worse off with him on the court than without him. The Cavs exploited his inability to switch onto guards by spamming PnRs.

Green only missed one game. The Cavs were down 3 games to 1 when Bogut went out, they never lost another game. They hung in until the separation mark. Losing your starting center isn't a side note. Bogut wasn't much of an offensive threat, could get some alley oop points or putbacks but he was big enough to be a big moving screen (which he always was). Green was more important, but he only missed that one game. That doesn't explain why they couldn't get another win.

https://i.imgur.com/MuPGkBN.jpg

Expert
04-07-2018, 12:59 PM

:lol this is as stupid as the idiot upstairs who said that winning a ring was a bad move because Kawhi would demand more money. You never shoot yourself in the foot by winning the championship. You're never guaranteed to get back there.

Gummi Clutch
04-07-2018, 02:13 PM
:lmao

Clipper Nation
04-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Green only missed one game. The Cavs were down 3 games to 1 when Bogut went out, they never lost another game. They hung in until the separation mark. Losing your starting center isn't a side note. Bogut wasn't much of an offensive threat, could get some alley oop points or putbacks but he was big enough to be a big moving screen (which he always was). Green was more important, but he only missed that one game. That doesn't explain why they couldn't get another win.

:lol Bogut played 15 minutes in Game 1, 14 minutes in Game 2, 12 minutes in Game 3, and 10 minutes in Game 4. He was a non-factor on offense and unplayable on defense. Yeah, sure, he was the reason they were up 3-1.

If Bogut was that important to the Warriors' chances of winning, they wouldn't have benched him for David Lee the year before.

Expert
04-07-2018, 02:23 PM
:lol Bogut played 15 minutes in Game 1, 14 minutes in Game 2, 12 minutes in Game 3, and 10 minutes in Game 4. He was a non-factor on offense and unplayable on defense. Yeah, sure, he was the reason they were up 3-1.

If Bogut was that important to the Warriors' chances of winning, they wouldn't have benched him for David Lee the year before.

If he wasn't important, he wouldn't be starting.

Clipper Nation
04-07-2018, 02:28 PM
If he wasn't important, he wouldn't be starting.
Were Brent Barry and Michael Finley more important than Manu?

Expert
04-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Were Brent Barry and Michael Finley more important than Manu?
What's your point, that you can't read?

Clipper Nation
04-07-2018, 06:43 PM
What's your point, that you can't read?

No, my point is that Poop started those guys over Manu. Either you think they were more important to the team's success than Manu just because they were starters and he wasn't, or you have to admit that starting =/= importance to the team.

Expert
04-07-2018, 10:22 PM
No, my point is that Poop started those guys over Manu. Either you think they were more important to the team's success than Manu just because they were starters and he wasn't, or you have to admit that starting =/= importance to the team.
So Bogut's backup, Festus... is on the same level as Manu Ginobili. Got it.

Manu is a one off. It doesn't mean getting a starting role as a center on a 73 win NBA team doesn't mean anything.

Which GS backup center was more important than the starting center?

AaronY
04-08-2018, 01:22 AM
Lmao

LkrFan
04-08-2018, 07:36 AM

When The Brow leaves, where will Adam Silver relocate the New Orleans Jazz to this time? :downspin:

weeks
04-09-2018, 04:09 PM
talked shit to curry and stephanie got her first ejection ever shortly after

Spurtacular
04-09-2018, 07:57 PM
I guess this never happened?

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/trajangp/nashfall.gif

MultiTroll
08-15-2022, 06:14 PM

LeHilary supporter u mean?
Was scrollin for something else and came across this:

The Laker Bois comments on LeBron then and now. :lol

baseline bum
08-15-2022, 06:54 PM

:lol