PDA

View Full Version : Playoff seeding push

phxspurfan
04-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Utah, currently in 4th and ahead by 1 game, has only 3 games left in the season. Sunday at the Lakers, then a home-away B2B on the 10th/11th against the Hobbled Dubs/Just Blazers. They are our biggest hurdle to getting 4th seed and HCS in the first round, which is realistically all we can hope for given the limited amount of time left. I'm guessing they go balls to the wall and go 2-1, losing to the Blazers on the final night due to fatigue/resting guys. That means we need to win out to have a chance to take 4th as we're currently 1 full game out. And we probably need them to go 1-2 at least to really have a chance as they have the conference record tiebreaker. No math here so nerds correct me if I'm wrong

The Thunderrefs are tied with us in record and are 6th due to conference record, and also have 3 games left, at the Rockettes on Saturday (huge night in the NBA), Monday at the Heat (who are also battling to defend their 6th seed to play the injured Celts vs. the Crazy (East-)strong Sixers), and Wednesday for their final game, at home against the Grizz Gimmies to finish the year. Even if the Grizz give an effort to try to play spoiler, they don't have a chance with their roster if the Refs play their guys even half the game, so the par for the course for the Refs tied with us is 2-1 with a loss to the Rockettes and a close one to the Heat with an easy final match. This puts them at 6 still, if the Spurs... (to be measured last)

The Pels are currently 19.5 games back, or 0.5 games back of the Spurs-OKC soon-to-be logjam. They are currently up big against the listless Suns, and are clearly going to win that. So after chalking tonight's game up as a win (half of you new-millenium-shitters probably don't even know what chalk is), they will have 3 games left in their season. Those games are at the Dubs Saturday night (did I mention Saturday is huge?), at the Clips Monday, then finally at home against Our Heroes on Wednesday night. I'd say par for them is 2-1, but they are 50-50 against the Dubs and 50-50 at the Clips who are riding high and Coach's Son may just do us a solid and shit on them on Monday. They will probably beat us in the clutch with some bullshit if anything matters by Wednesday, considering Pop's history of punting late season games/resting guys and our current team's utter lack of testicular fortitude (especially in the 4th). But alas they don't have a good conference record and are probably too far out to change their positioning past us, so I still place them as irrelevant. Too bad Boogie got hurt tbh.

Finally, Las Espuelas, aka Our Heroes minus B**** *****, are currently in 5th with also 3 games left, firstly on Saturday for a *HUGE* game against the What Time Is It's. After they lose that at the buzzer, they will have a day off then play the Kangs at home Monday night for a solid bounce-back easy W (we should hope). They close out the season at the Pels on Wednesday after a no-excuses day off, where they get shit on. Our heroes go 1-2 and pray for some losses/gifts to stay 5th, only to play the Jizz in the first round. Get ready for a UUUGE first round series where Pop congratulates the Jizz on their up-and-comingness after we lose in 7 with no HCA and several endgame chokes..

Meanwhile BN sits at home counting his future dollaz and entertains bids from California accountants. After all, It's Just Basketball.