PDA

View Full Version : Spurs players who read the forums

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Which players do u think read the forums, or even may have an account?

1. Kyle for SURE... He seems like the type...
2. Parker... Definitely when he was younger... He probably lurks on occasion now
3. Definitely Danny Green
4. Rudy Gay... I'd be willing to bet...

Play Boban
04-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Kawhi Leonard obviously does because he posts under your username. Nice attempt at deflection, though!

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Kawhi Leonard obviously does because he posts under your username. Nice attempt at deflection, though!

Thanks... I try

Play Boban
04-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Thanks... I try

:bobo

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 09:58 AM
The funny thing is... I'm actually Tim Duncan... But ppl think I'm the other guy in my avatar...

r0drig0lac
04-08-2018, 10:09 AM
idk, but Durant probably has some fake account in this forum

spurraider21
04-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Kawhi. He’s had nothing better to do all year.

exstatic
04-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Could be any of the Kawhi haters.

r0drig0lac
04-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Could be any of the Kawhi haters.

true

DAF86
04-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm sure pretty much every Spurs player has taken a peek in here a couple times. I laugh at those people who dismiss the idea completely as if players weren't human beings. Just think of this: if you played a good game and you had the chance to see what people said of you, wouldn't you do it? Of course you would, it's human nature.

Brunodf
04-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Isn't Chinook confirmed to be Danny Green

daslicer
04-08-2018, 12:32 PM
The funny thing is... I'm actually Tim Duncan... But ppl think I'm the other guy in my avatar...

:lol No way you can't be Duncan since Duncan is actually intelligent.

Play Boban
04-08-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm sure pretty much every Spurs player has taken a peek in here a couple times. I laugh at those people who dismiss the idea completely as if players weren't human beings. Just think of this: if you played a good game and you had the chance to see what people said of you, wouldn't you do it? Of course you would, it's human nature.
Truth.

Wouldn't be surprised to see players having alts in here, either tbh...

SAGirl
04-08-2018, 02:02 PM
No one. This forum has had closed registration for years and if you can't post the draw here is less.

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 02:04 PM
I'm sure pretty much every Spurs player has taken a peek in here a couple times. I laugh at those people who dismiss the idea completely as if players weren't human beings. Just think of this: if you played a good game and you had the chance to see what people said of you, wouldn't you do it? Of course you would, it's human nature.Nah, most couldn't even access the site.

YGWHI
04-08-2018, 02:59 PM

I wouldn't say "players" but it's part of community manager-social media manager's job to know what the fans are talking about...

Most marketing-guys evaluate -from multiple online platforms- the market's expectations about some new product...

While we're just posting about our favorite team and players on ST/Tw/FB/IG, there are guys working for players/teams/brands, studying our reactions.

NASpurs
04-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Kyle Anderson probably wonders who this “Fathead” guy is.

hater
04-08-2018, 03:23 PM
They probably feel the same way Infeel when I read Foxnews comments section :lmao

“Holy shit there are retarded senseless ppl in this country”

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Nah, most couldn't even access the site.

Why wouldn't they be able to access the site? Are they technologically challenged or something?

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Why wouldn't they be able to access the site? Are they technologically challenged or something?It was a joke about the red screen.

But people here shouldn't delude themselves into thinking players read their posts.

TimDunkem
04-08-2018, 03:27 PM
This forum isn't that great. Maybe they did years ago, but they probably surf that cancerous site reddit now.

SuperCam
04-08-2018, 03:30 PM

he's the one who wipes Kiwi's ass while YGHWI powders the plums, tbh

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't say "players" but it's part of community manager-social media manager's job to know what the fans are talking about...

Most marketing-guys evaluate -from multiple online platforms- the market's expectations about some new product...

While we're just posting about our favorite team and players on ST/Tw/FB/IG, there are guys working for players/teams/brands, studying our reactions.

Players do it too. These are profesional sportmen, who have more free time than the average working person, and they have to spent most of that time resting as much as possible. Movies, video games and internet is 90% of what they do in their free time. There's no way they don't check sport forums to see what people say about them. I don't know why people have such a hard time accepting this obvious fact and think sportmen are superior human beings that are above basic human emotions such as curiosity, vanity and self ego pumping.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:33 PM
It was a joke about the red screen.

But people here shouldn't delude themselves into thinking players read their posts.

Read above.

YGWHI
04-08-2018, 03:38 PM
There's no way they don't check sport forums to see what people say about them.

I'm not denying anything. I'm just saying that in today NBA, they pay guys to do it for them.

TimDunkem
04-08-2018, 03:39 PM
They also have plenty of other outlets where they can read opinions whether they want to or not like FB, IG, Twitter, the news media, Reddit, etc.

I doubt ST tops that list nowadays.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:40 PM
I'm just saying that in today NBA, they pay guys to do it for them.

I don't know about that. All I know is that, if that is the case, they check it too. And not for some marketing purpose or anything like that. They do it for themselves, for curiosity, for pleasure.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:42 PM
They also have plenty of other outlets where they can read opinions whether they want to or not like FB, IG, Twitter, the news media, Reddit, etc.

I doubt ST tops that list nowadays.

Spurstalk is the number one Spurs forum on the web, of course Spurs players know about it and have checked it out.

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Read above.Twitter. Not ST.

TimDunkem
04-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Spurstalk is the number one Spurs forum on the web, of course Spurs players know about it and have checked it out.

Nowadays, I doubt that. Not that I would be surprised if they did once or twice at some point, but regular lurkers? Probably not.

I hope they do. Maybe the criticism could put some pressure to perform on guys like Fatty....Or destroy the fragile confidence of guys like Forbes and get him the fuck off this team.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Twitter. Not ST.

Twitter, facebook, instagram, Espn, fox, SI, Spurstalk, Reddit and every imaginable shit out there.

Spurtacular
04-08-2018, 03:47 PM

That nigga ain't readin' sh** tbh.

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Twitter, facebook, instagram, Espn, fox, SI, Spurstalk, Reddit and every imaginable shit out there.Not ST.

Not anymore.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Nowadays, I doubt that. Not that I would be surprised if they did once or twice at some point, but regular lurkers? Probably not.

I hope they do. Maybe the criticism could put some pressure to perform on guys like Fatty....Or destroy the fragile confidence of guys like Forbes and get him the fuck off this team.

Of course not regular lurkers. Who the fuck wants to check a forum when you know you are going to be shredded to pieces? But after every good game you bet your sweet ass they take a peek.

Who doesn't like reading nice things about him? I bet Danny Green gets it hard everytime he sees the nickname LDN.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Not ST.

Not anymore.

On the rare ocassions where ST displays love, it is a different and maybe even more gratifying kind of love. Sure, the players must love the professional, well written articles about their play. But they also like the "LaSharkus'", "LAtrain", "Long Dick Nigga", "HOTS", "MVParker", "ditka couldn't have stopped Manu", etc, etc, etc.

daslicer
04-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Players read message boards. I remember during the late 90's dissing Olden Polynice with several other fans on an AOL NBA message board. Back then the AOL NBA message board as the biggest NBA message board on the internet. I was a teenager during that time and I will never forget Olden Polynice in an interview with NBC talking about how he was tired of people on the AOL message boards dissing him. He stated that it put his kids through a lot of pain and he actually called out several screen names out in in that interview and one of them was my on screen name. I remember being in shock when he mentioned my SN but also laughing at the same time.

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 03:56 PM
On the rare ocassions where ST displays love, it is a different and maybe even more gratifying kind of love. Sure, the players must love the professional, well written articles about their play. But they also like the "LaSharkus'", "LAtrain", "Long Dick Nigga", "HOTS", "MVParker", "ditka couldn't have stopped Manu", etc, etc, etc.I guess if you need to believe they are reading.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Lol at these losers making thesw NBA players like they are some sort of super humans.

They are insecure fags just like any human beings. I doubt they post but they do read to get a general idea of how they are perceived.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 04:07 PM
I guess if you need to believe they are reading.

I don't need to believe anything. I just use my rationale and common sense to understand that players lurking, from time to time, the most popular forum of the team they are playing in is the most likely scenario, tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2018, 04:10 PM
I don't need to believe anything. I just use my rationale and common sense to understand that players lurking, from time to time, the most popular forum of the team they are playing in is the most likely scenario, tbh.

Maybe they have magical dicks or some shit thus making them inhuman.

But seriously, a few of them lurk for sure.

They dont post though because thats how you get exposed.

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 04:15 PM
I don't need to believe anything. I just use my rationale and common sense to understand that players lurking, from time to time, the most popular forum of the team they are playing in is the most likely scenario, tbh.Nah, message boards are old hat and this one has not been worth any outsider's reading it for awhile.

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Brothers, not gonna lie... I thought the EXACT same thing! Lmao

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:16 PM

Exactly

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:16 PM
:lol No way you can't be Duncan since Duncan is actually intelligent.

Ok... If u don't believe me, that's on u

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Players do it too. These are profesional sportmen, who have more free time than the average working person, and they have to spent most of that time resting as much as possible. Movies, video games and internet is 90% of what they do in their free time. There's no way they don't check sport forums to see what people say about them. I don't know why people have such a hard time accepting this obvious fact and think sportmen are superior human beings that are above basic human emotions such as curiosity, vanity and self ego pumping.

Facts! Lop

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:19 PM
I'm not denying anything. I'm just saying that in today NBA, they pay guys to do it for them.

Doesn't stop Durant... One of the biggest stars... From having a troll alt

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:21 PM
That nigga ain't readin' sh** tbh.

He replies to Twitter trolls... So I think he does read this stuff

duncan2k5
04-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Nah, message boards are old hat and this one has not been worth any outsider's reading it for awhile.

That's the beauty of it... No one will think we would be on here... For goodness sake I clearly have a private photo of myself as my avid, and STILL no one believes I'm actually Duncan... But it's fine.... Lol

Pavlov
04-08-2018, 04:27 PM
That's the beauty of it... No one will think we would be on here... For goodness sake I clearly have a private photo of myself as my avid, and STILL no one believes I'm actually Duncan... But it's fine.... LolThis is one reason no player would read ST today.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Why would any of them go out of their way to find this forum?:lol

They obviously read criticism on Twitter, that's been confirmed on many occasions..

hater
04-08-2018, 04:53 PM

They obviously read criticism on Twitter, that's been confirmed on many occasions..

Yup

This site was big maybe 8 years ago

Now its an obscure shithole

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Yup

This site was big maybe 8 years ago

Now its an obscure shithole

Not just this site, but all forums in general..Twitter is far better for discussing anything, although it requires more filtering..

apalisoc_9
04-08-2018, 04:59 PM
A player in 2011 used to browse spuratalk. Not gonna name names so its obvipusly confirmed.

Snaq O'Meal
04-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Kyle Anderson probably wonders who this “Fathead” guy is.

He probably thinks it’s Derrick White tbh.

DAF86
04-08-2018, 05:10 PM

"Go out of their way to found this forum"= just typing "San Antonio Spurs forum" on Google.

koriwhat
04-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Which players do u think read the forums, or even may have an account?

1. Kyle for SURE... He seems like the type...
2. Parker... Definitely when he was younger... He probably lurks on occasion now
3. Definitely Danny Green

none of the above... they don't have time between smoking gargantuan amounts of herb and smashing ho after ho.

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2018, 05:19 PM
"Go out of their way to found this forum"= just typing San Antonio Spurs forum on Google.

They all have Twitter on their phones, all Dejounte has to do is check his mentions or search his name and he'll find thousands of takes about him:lol

Why would they even think that there's a message board like this out there? I guess there's a slim chance that Tony logs in here after a bad game(which is every game nowadays) to read a post from SASpurs or GreatYacht to make himself feel better, but even then, I doubt that:lol

DAF86
04-08-2018, 05:32 PM
They all have Twitter on their phones, all Dejounte has to do is check his mentions or search his name and he'll find thousands of takes about him:lol

Why would they even think that there's a message board like this out there? I guess there's a slim chance that Tony logs in here after a bad game(which is every game nowadays) to read a post from SASpurs or GreatYacht to make himself feel better, but even then, I doubt that:lol

Because every team of every sport has one. And why would professional players search for them? For the same reason we fans do it. Twitter sometimes isn't enough to read about the things we care about (in our case, our favourite teams and players; in their case, themselves).

Play Boban
04-08-2018, 06:18 PM
As bad as this forum is, Twitter is a cesspool.

Snaq O'Meal
04-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Actually, “SASdynasty!” is very likely to be Parker’s burner account tbh.

Big Empty
04-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Sean ****** is a regular amongst us ha

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Actually, “SASdynasty!” is very likely to be Parker’s burner account tbh.

:lol right, that's who I meant..

Spurtacular
04-08-2018, 08:08 PM
He replies to Twitter trolls... So I think he does read this stuff

Could be one of his people responding though, tbh.

tholdren
04-08-2018, 08:24 PM

Glad youre tim. The other dude looks like beetlejuice. Sad little man right there

tholdren
04-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Lol at these losers making thesw NBA players like they are some sort of super humans.

They are insecure fags just like any human beings. I doubt they post but they do read to get a general idea of how they are perceived.

Also 90 percent could be replaced by rec league hero. Shot chucking no defense need more rest cant dribble without traveling i only got drafted because i can dunk nba players

Stabula
04-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Browsing forums like this as a professional athlete is very poor mental hygiene.

Arcadian
04-09-2018, 12:56 AM
Even if some of them did read forums, they'd go to the more mainstream forums rather than a relatively underground, unmoderated cesspool that flags your web browser* like this one.

*To be fair, this was finally fixed recently. Shoutout to the people hard at work there.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2018, 01:04 AM
Also 90 percent could be replaced by rec league hero. Shot chucking no defense need more rest cant dribble without traveling i only got drafted because i can dunk nba players

I hope this is a shtick and you don't actually believe the stupid shit you say about NBA players, tbh:lol anybody that has ever played against an NBA player at any level of their life could confirm that the worst player in the league would shit all over you and anybody you play basketball with..

Play Boban
04-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Browsing forums like this as a professional athlete is very poor mental hygiene.
Kawhi can’t even wipe his own ass. He’s got dried shit all over his ass tbh. Nasty hygiene.

duncan2k5
04-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Glad youre tim. The other dude looks like beetlejuice. Sad little man right there

He does look strange... But that's my dude tho... Grew up on the same island as me... Matter of fact, this is when I was home

Clipper Nation
04-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Players read message boards. I remember during the late 90's dissing Olden Polynice with several other fans on an AOL NBA message board. Back then the AOL NBA message board as the biggest NBA message board on the internet. I was a teenager during that time and I will never forget Olden Polynice in an interview with NBC talking about how he was tired of people on the AOL message boards dissing him. He stated that it put his kids through a lot of pain and he actually called out several screen names out in in that interview and one of them was my on screen name. I remember being in shock when he mentioned my SN but also laughing at the same time.
On a similar note, back in the mid-2000s, there was a Wizards message board that had a thread called "The Amazingly Sucky Juan Dixon Thread." Dixon ended up scoring 35 points in a playoff game that season and claimed in his postgame interview that he had used that thread as motivation.

duncan2k5
04-09-2018, 09:47 AM
Some players must be watching this and getting a kick out of the speculation on both sides of the argument... I know I am... Lol

kuato
04-09-2018, 10:16 AM
None, they are súper rich people with social lifes, not like us.

duncan2k5
01-15-2019, 01:54 AM
I think u guys are underestimating the power of how much young 20somethings want to see what the internet is saying about them... Especially with sensitive ppl like LMA and DDR... they almost definitely read the forums... And I think Murray and Lonnie does too (when he plays)

Play Boban
01-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Well, we know Kawhitter reads and posts, at least.