PDA

View Full Version : Derrick White Amnesia

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 09:53 AM
This kid is better than a lot posters predicted; we should be thankful for pop and co.! Watch out for blossom game too!

BackHome
04-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Lol you had me until you said Blossom.

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Lol

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 01:46 PM
the issue with white being drafted was not his skill/caliber, imo, it was more the redundancy with paying mills and forcing forbes into the rotation

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 01:48 PM
i still dont understand where blossomgame fits in the nba. wing player who seems to only live in the paint, but isn't particularly bulky like a marion

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Blossomgame shot needs work no doubt but he has shot it at decent clip before. White is going to be a stud in our system......I don’t say this because of the points he score; I say it because of the way he approaches the game.

TimDunkem
04-09-2018, 02:13 PM
the issue with white being drafted was not his skill/caliber, imo, it was more the redundancy with paying mills and forcing forbes into the rotation

This. Having bums like Forbes and Mills, while inevitably playing Parker once he came back made White redundant. Fortunately he looks way better than all of those guys, so he should push Forbes off the team at least and get minutes next year.

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
This. Having bums like Forbes and Mills, while inevitably playing Parker once he came back made White redundant. Fortunately he looks way better than all of those guys, so he should push Forbes off the team at least and get minutes next year.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Bryn is done after this year. He's a very one dimensional player, and despite how good he may be in an open gym, being below average in nearly every category except for being a 39% three point shooter isn't good enough.

SpursforSix
04-09-2018, 02:21 PM

This sound right.

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 02:21 PM

I agree. I also think pop likes to let them have some success/build confidence in the g league before placing pressure on them to contribute. So many prospects have burned out doing the opposite. The old man is on shit......

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Where are all of those white naysayers?

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2018, 02:26 PM
I don't understand the mentality of refusing to give rookies a shot, it's so antiquated..

Utah obviously has Mitchell, but they've also given Royce O'Neale a rotation spot for the playoffs..

Portland has played a horrible offensive player like Collins all season in their rotation..

The Raptors have started Anunoby all season and tolerated his struggles, even after signing Powell and Miles during the off-season..

Warriors gave Jordan Bell plenty of opportunities, he just didn't play well enough to earn a rotation spot..

White hasn't even received a real opportunity, even on a team that desperately needs size and skill in the backcourt..

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 02:30 PM
I don't understand the mentality of refusing to give rookies a shot, it's so antiquated..

Utah obviously has Mitchell, but they've also given Royce O'Neale a rotation spot for the playoffs..

Portland has played a horrible offensive player like Collins all season in their rotation..

The Raptors have started Anunoby all season and tolerated his struggles, even after signing Powell and Miles during the off-season..

Warriors gave Jordan Bell plenty of opportunities, he just didn't play well enough to earn a rotation spot..

White hasn't even received a real opportunity, even on a team that desperately needs size and skill in the backcourt..
it's weird because there's been no real rhyme or reason to pop's approach. he had no problem throwing blair into the fire right away. trusted george hill early on. traded RJ to get kawhi into the starting lineup. gave the franchise to duncan (outlier, obviously). trusted parker and manu as rookies when push came to shove.

but he hid Tiago from a team that desperately needed size, is hiding White when the team desperately needed a well rounded 2.

TimDunkem
04-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Poop would rather play guys he doesn't need go coach up as much, especially if there are players ahead of said rookie at that position unless they're so damn good that his hand is forced.

Chinook
04-09-2018, 02:59 PM
I don't think Pop shares the general ST view that the roster is bad. It's relatively easy to explain by saying Pop legit thinks/thought those guys weren't as good. The Spurs wouldn't trade Kawhi for the Ayton and then keep Ayton on the bench. The Spurs routinely draft at the bottom of the first round, with both means they get fewer obviously good rookies and that they have a consistently good enough roster to stay at the top.

- People don't seem to remember it, but Blair was a mid-lottery talent who fell because of injury concerns. Even with his career's downturn, he did enough to be worth a top-10 pick.

- They had Kawhi as a top-10 talent.

- Hill got a spot because Manu was injured -- dude played less than Roger Mason and pretty much nothing in the playoffs.

spurs50_
04-09-2018, 03:52 PM
And I wanted Jordan Bell.....What was I smoking?

Atl Spur
04-09-2018, 11:55 PM
lol