PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Thing, I heard the other day!

DaBears
04-09-2018, 02:00 PM
It was cooler talk to be for sure, or a bit of the conspiracy theorist in me .. But it was mentioned that PAFTO dont play certain players & or give them minutes even though they can play and showcase more skillz than they have, in an effort to keep thier trade value down and contracts reasonably under market value. What do you think..

I am thinking Bertans has skill and can play, but not given the minutes, in a attempt to keep his value down, this is only an example.

What do my fellow SPURS fans think! is it possible they are doing this?

SpursforSix
04-09-2018, 02:02 PM
It was cooler talk to be for sure, or a bit of the conspiracy theorist in me .. But it was mentioned that PAFTO dont play certain players & or give them minutes even though they can play and showcase more skillz than they have, in an effort to keep thier trade value down and contracts reasonably under market value. What do you think..

I am thinking Bertans has skill and can play, but not given the minutes, in a attempt to keep his value down, this is only an example.

:pop: you're overthinking it. We're usually just stoned and shit.

KDKSpurs24
04-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Shouldn’t matter If us fans can see that someone has skill then I’m sure professional scouts can see it anyways.. at least they should be able to.

HarlemHeat37
04-09-2018, 02:16 PM
That isn't a PATFO conspiracy, that's something that has been speculated in all pro sports..I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed by some former front office people IIRC(not the Spurs, though)..

spurraider21
04-09-2018, 02:24 PM
i wish pop tries to keep patty's value down for the next 3 years tbh

daslicer
04-09-2018, 02:45 PM
i wish pop tries to keep patty's value down for the next 3 years tbh

He already does by overplaying him.

DPG21920
04-09-2018, 02:52 PM
You understand this does not hold up to any sort of scrutiny, right? Even just on a basis of simple logic this makes no sense.

Pauleta14
04-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Wow that's an old BS...

They used that "theory" for Kawhi before he signed his max contract to shit on Pop for not playing him more. :lol

BillMc
04-09-2018, 04:03 PM
:lol

superbigtime
04-09-2018, 04:05 PM
I doubt it.

SAGirl
04-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Shouldn’t matter If us fans can see that someone has skill then I’m sure professional scouts can see it anyways.. at least they should be able to.
that's true.. if Pop wanted to keep Bertans hidden he was forced by circumstances to play him this season, enough that other teams have a sufficiently large sample to know what he can do.

SpursforSix
04-09-2018, 04:25 PM

10/10
https://unshavedmouse.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/funny.gif?w=620

TheDoctor
04-09-2018, 05:21 PM
:lol