PDA

View Full Version : Tony and Danny’s shooting tbh

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Shooting terrible as the season closes.
Danny the last 10 games:
31% FG and 27% from 3.
Tony:
26% FG and doesn’t shoot the 3 enough for it to matter. He’s at 42% but takes .7 per game.
Are these dudes going to turn it on in the playoffs, on road games, etc or is it going to be Bryns show?

Chinook
04-10-2018, 12:09 AM
I'm honestly surprised that Green is even shooting that well. It's been horrible. But Danny's either going to shoot well or he's not. No way to predict or improve it externally.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:12 AM
Think it’s been a big problem. Not sure what can be done about it but play them less. It’s only part of the reason they don’t give me confidence. The other is Pop still in exploratory mode. Both are guys know to be capable of ending a bad shooting streak in jiffy— in the past. I legit don’t know it Tony can pull off what he did last year and tend to think he’s done. Danny I am uncertain about. I only did the last 10 games but I think the shooting slumps have gone on a while.

alpha_HaZE
04-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Danny is an underrated defender, regarding his shooting woes they don't call him ICYHOT without a reason. I am confident he will bounce back during playoffs. He always does.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Been calling it for 2 years. It's time to move on from G-League. One of the laziest players in the league. It's a shame because you wouldn't expect that from a guy that went through the road he did. Thank him for he memories and give him the Boban treatment in the offseason.

DAF86
04-10-2018, 12:19 AM
Danny is injured, tbh. He has been carrying a nasty ass limp for a while now and the other day he was finally seen with an abnormal bandage on his left calf.

phxspurfan
04-10-2018, 12:20 AM
It's clear that when Pop needs scoring he goes to LMA, Gay, Patty and Brynn. And Kyle even, to some extent.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 12:21 AM
Danny is injured, tbh. He has been carrying a nasty ass limp for a while now and the other day he was finally seen with an abnormal bandage on his left calf.

He's looked hurt for a while, but still, I can't remember ever seeing a player forget how to shoot at this level..he wasn't just a good shooter, he used to be among the elite in the league for years and one of the best playoff shooters of all-time..now he can't make anything, it's puzzling..

Outside of the 2016 playoffs and last year vs. the Rockets, it's been mostly below average to above average shooting for 3 years..

DAF86
04-10-2018, 12:24 AM
He's looked hurt for a while, but still, I can't remember ever seeing a player forget how to shoot at this level..he wasn't just a good shooter, he used to be among the elite in the league for years and one of the best playoff shooters of all-time..now he can't make anything, it's puzzling..

Danny uses a lot of leg on his shooting motion, tbh. Way more than average. If he's hurt, it makes sense for his shot to suffer too.

Play Boban
04-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Danny is a scrub. Always has been.

And the only shooting Porker knows how to do these days doesn’t involve a basketball.

Spurtacular
04-10-2018, 12:27 AM
Rec League Parker makes threes when he plays in his rec league. The three line is three feet closer though.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 12:30 AM
3 starters in a crucial home game against a non-playoff team shot under .35%...

4 starters shot .0% from 3 in the same home game...

Not good at all.

Arcadian
04-10-2018, 12:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxvQH5rmJ4

Danny should go back to wearing #4. Maybe the extra digit threw off his balance.

I still get chills watching clips from the '13 Finals. Even though we lost, we still shocked the world. Those Heat were supposed to be unbeatable, and we nearly god damn did it. And then, we fucking did it.

Play Boban
04-10-2018, 12:32 AM

Danny should go back to wearing #4. Maybe the extra digit threw off his balance.
What about games 6 and 7 tbh?

SAGirl
Danny uses a lot of leg on his shooting motion, tbh. Way more than average. If he's hurt, it makes sense for his shot to suffer too.
Then you’d have to assume he’s already started his decline as a player. He’s not all about speed like Tony is but spends a lot of time squatting in a game in a defensive stance and doesn’t have the legs anymore. Something is definitely up. It should impact their contracts this summer but it’s going to be problematic for the playoffs. Think Bryn is here to stay.

ElNono
The only way to complain about Tony is if his role expands from the recent 10 MPG... it's true that's probably 5 mins too many, but we're splitting hairs...

ElNono
04-10-2018, 12:34 AM
I also wouldn't get too high about the playoffs, guys like Tony, Bryn, Fathead are going to be targeted relentlessly, and unfortunately there's nothing the Spurs can really do other than shoot lights out and make it a scoring contest, tbh...

This team is simply not prepared to 'execute', not on offense or defense, tbh...

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:36 AM
3 starters in a crucial home game against a non-playoff team shot under .35%...

4 starters shot .0% from 3 in the same home game...

Not good at all.
They had problems with guard scoring even last year as you well know. Much criticized when Kawhi was in the team now he’s missed an entire season and it’s obvious that it’s still a problem. In fact Tony if we are honest is probably not a legit rotation player and Danny needs his shooting to bounce back.

DAF86
04-10-2018, 12:37 AM
Tony's last season's playoff resurgence came out of nowhere, so I still have some slight hope that he somehow turns it on once the lights are on.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:39 AM
The only way to complain about Tony is if his role expands from the recent 10 MPG... it's true that's probably 5 mins too many, but we're splitting hairs...
He’s playing 20 minutes at times specially when Dejounte struggles like tonight. And I do think aside from setting shots for others Tony needs to score the basketball. He’s obviously no defensive player. If he’s not scoring, Bryns better, super streaky as a shooter too but is shooting the 3 well right now and scoring more efficiently than Tony.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 12:44 AM
JDpImY-ya7w

The last week of the RS 3 years ago..who would have thought that Manu would be the only Spur in those highlights still playing at a high level?:lol

vander
04-10-2018, 12:47 AM

I still get chills watching clips from the '13 Finals. Even though we lost, we still shocked the world. Those Heat were supposed to be unbeatable, and we nearly god damn did it. And then, we fucking did it.

ah the good old days, back when we still had Kawhi Leonard. it's weird seeing him on the court playing.

NASpurs
04-10-2018, 12:55 AM
Is LDN going to get his jersey retired?

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:59 AM
JDpImY-ya7w

The last week of the RS 3 years ago..who would have thought that Manu would be the only Spur in those highlights still playing at a high level?:lol
Special team (even CoJo and Baynes got in those highlights.)
I got nostalgic. Danny and Tony playing there like I haven’t seen them in some time. Also, I realized how much I’ve missed Kawhi too. Incredible that Manu is still the guy who is just doin his deal still (had hair in those clips)

Ah well hopefully these two dudes turn it on when it matters.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 01:02 AM
ah the good old days, back when we still had Kawhi Leonard. it's weird seeing him on the court playing.
I had the same vibe watching those old clips. Weird.

Chinook
04-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Is LDN going to get his jersey retired?

I think he was close. Had he held up elite production until last year, he probably would be top-10 in franchise history in a fair number of stats. He'll have to remain with the team a few more years get back to at least an average level of play for him to get it at this point. That or be a huge cog in a title run this year or next year if he opts in. Having three bad years and then leaving on semi-bad terms just wouldn't be a huge blow to someone with an iffy resume.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Special team (even CoJo and Baynes got in those highlights.)
I got nostalgic. Danny and Tony playing there like I haven’t seen them in some time. Also, I realized how much I’ve missed Kawhi too.

That season was kind of similar to this one..they battled injuries and struggled throughout(Green, Duncan and Ginobili did heavy lifting as Parker and Kawhi missed key stretches with injuries)..

That Warriors game was the peak of optimism on this forum and around the NBA, though..after the Spurs blew them out that game, SA was probably the most hyped team in the league at the time, most picked them to win the West, as that game capped off a dominant stretch after Kawhi returned and became the go-to guy..

Then Splitter got hurt and the Pelicans game happened:lol

coachmac87
04-10-2018, 01:06 AM
You look at that video and Danny gets clean catch and shoot looks..no leaning or having balance issues..he elevates quite a bit for a shooter who doesn’t explode off the dribble..

He’s a catch and shoot guy and if it ain’t clean it’s suspect..tbh I blame his lack of mechanics and a point guard or other players to set him up with clean looks..

tenbeersbold
04-10-2018, 01:45 AM
Didnt Danny have laser eye surgery a few years back?
Don't think he's shot the same ever since had that procedure done
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17723361/san-antonio-spurs-guard-danny-green-gets-offseason-lasik-surgery-improve-vision-shooting-preformance

apalisoc_9
04-10-2018, 01:49 AM
I know danny is NBA level...

But ive seen good shooters in pickup completely lose their shooting stroke because of a wrist or shoulder injury.

For a couple years now, he looks like hes always trying to compensate.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 01:54 AM
That season was kind of similar to this one..they battled injuries and struggled throughout(Green, Duncan and Ginobili did heavy lifting as Parker and Kawhi missed key stretches with injuries)..

That Warriors game was the peak of optimism on this forum and around the NBA, though..after the Spurs blew them out that game, SA was probably the most hyped team in the league at the time, most picked them to win the West, as that game capped off a dominant stretch after Kawhi returned and became the go-to guy..

Then Splitter got hurt and the Pelicans game happened:lol

21-4 in last 25 games ...There were reasons for optimism.

Sadly, Tiago injury was a big factor against Blake/DJ frontcourt.

Pauleta14
04-10-2018, 02:00 AM
Not worried about Danny yet, he can turn it around.

Tony on the other hand seems to be a lost cause, no sign of hope...

Brazil
04-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Both are playing and doing their best unlike a certain franchise player, from there even if they were shooting 0% they are ok in my books earning their salary unlike a certain franchise player

spursistan
04-10-2018, 05:53 AM
Both are playing and doing their best unlike a certain franchise player, from there even if they were shooting 0% they are ok in my books earning their salary unlike a certain franchise player

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 06:32 AM
Didnt Danny have laser eye surgery a few years back?
Don't think he's shot the same ever since had that procedure done
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17723361/san-antonio-spurs-guard-danny-green-gets-offseason-lasik-surgery-improve-vision-shooting-preformance
The excuses keep coming for the most protected player in franchise history :lol

He had that eye surgery the year after shooting 33.2% from 3. Many here, including his biggest fanboy, thought that would solve his shooting woes but it didn't.

Why is it so hard to believe that maybe this guy doesn't work on his craft? It's been fairly obvious since day 1 that no one has ever accused him of being a gym rat.

MaNu4Tres
04-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Outside of the 2016 playoffs and last year vs. the Rockets, it's been mostly below average to above average shooting for 3 years..

For whatever reason, he stopped working on his shooting as much after 2014. Each off-season after that, he worked on other aspects more and shot just enough to maintain.

Very questionable train of thought.

Chinook
04-10-2018, 08:59 AM
The excuses keep coming for the most protected player in franchise history :lol

He had that eye surgery the year after shooting 33.2% from 3. Many here, including his biggest fanboy, thought that would solve his shooting woes but it didn't.

Why is it so hard to believe that maybe this guy doesn't work on his craft? It's been fairly obvious since day 1 that no one has ever accused him of being a gym rat.

So much about this post is wrong-headed. First because anyone who thought about it at all should have assumed Green's first bad year was an anomaly. The whole "I hated him the whole time" angle may have been correct in this case, but it was not a reasonable position to hold at the time. I'm also not sure how many people really thought LASIK was the solution; it was more like, "I hope that fixes it."

Second, the idea that Green wasn't a hard worker "since day 1" is wrong. Green became an elite shooter when he was a fringe-roster guy. There are plenty of articles talking about the work he did to craft that skill. I'm not saying he's currently working as hard as he can or should. But you don't luck into being an elite shooter for years on end.

At the same time, I don't necessarily buy that Green is hurt, or at least that that is the excuse. He doesn't seem any more injured now than he did during his good streaks. There was a time this year he was legit hurt, and that showed up in his defense. Maybe it's still affecting him, but it could also be age combined with subpar conditioning. We are talking about a 30-year-old here.

$pursDynasty
04-10-2018, 09:10 AM
I could be characterized as a Tony apologist so let me stay true to form. Tony isn't getting his typical time off. Let's go with last year, at the tail end of the season Tony was DNP for a lot of games, but when the playoffs started his was back fresh and could be argued was the 2nd best Spur in last years playoffs even factoring in the injury. This year because of the Kiwi no show it has been all hands on deck. Very few DNP rests for anyone post all star break (Manu's recent one is the only one I recall) as team was struggling to just make the playoffs. Tony could have used a couple of days off but he suffered through for the team. When you factor in he is coming off a major injury, and yet still has participated in as many games as he has. Tony doing what he is doing this year, for Manu and the team leads me to not be able to see how this will work with Kawhi next year. If Manu returns or even if he doesn't. How do Pop, Manu and Tony coexist and buy in with Kawhi next year? People who have made sacrifices for the greater good of the team.

SpursDynasty
04-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Does Green get a lot of hate just because he isn't shooting like he did in the 2013 Finals all the time ?

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Does Green get a lot of hate just because he isn't shooting like he did in the 2013 Finals all the time ?
Nevermind TGY he's an all out troll, not exclusive to Danny.
This isn't a hate thread, unless people make it so. Danny is in a deep shooting slump, below league average currently. It's obviously one of the reasons the team is struggling to win games.

I think if he doesn't bounce back from it Spurs will have an early playoffs exit. Tony is... well... One can pray at this point.

rjv
04-10-2018, 10:24 AM
tony is done, i'm afraid. a shell of a shell of his former self. i can't see how he really thinks he can still merit another long term deal.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 10:26 AM
So much about this post is wrong-headed. First because anyone who thought about it at all should have assumed Green's first bad year was an anomaly. The whole "I hated him the whole time" angle may have been correct in this case, but it was not a reasonable position to hold at the time. I'm also not sure how many people really thought LASIK was the solution; it was more like, "I hope that fixes it."

Second, the idea that Green wasn't a hard worker "since day 1" is wrong. Green became an elite shooter when he was a fringe-roster guy. There are plenty of articles talking about the work he did to craft that skill. I'm not saying he's currently working as hard as he can or should. But you don't luck into being an elite shooter for years on end.

At the same time, I don't necessarily buy that Green is hurt, or at least that that is the excuse. He doesn't seem any more injured now than he did during his good streaks. There was a time this year he was legit hurt, and that showed up in his defense. Maybe it's still affecting him, but it could also be age combined with subpar conditioning. We are talking about a 30-year-old here.
Good post, tbh. Just checked his college stats and he was a pretty average-below average shooter until his senior year. Was wrong about the day 1 comment.

Idk we'll see if he's done these playoffs. His future with the Spurs depends on it. He's losing his minutes by the game and Pop doesn't know whether starting him or benching him will fix it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Tony is done.

I remember when Hakeem appeared done, and how sad I thought it was that a once dominant player suddenly looked so pedestrian on the court. Even for a player that I hated to see beat my Spurs I wanted him to be remembered for his greatness...not as a guy who hung around way too long. Recently I went back and looked at Hakeem's numbers his final season, and he actually put up decent numbers compared to what Tony is doing now. The fact that TP wants to play three more years is unbelievable to me. Whatever legacy he has will be ruined if he sticks around simply to average 3 points and an assist on 30% shooting the next 3 years. Personally I hope he sees the writing on the wall and hangs it up soon. And I love Parker, but his career, sadly, appears to be over. For the good of the Spurs and his own legacy he needs to do the right thing and give up that roster spot. Tim knew when he was done. Tim could have probably still played 50 games a year and kept going, but he knew it was time.

The Spurs may have to shut Tony down if he can't see it himself.

Pauleta14
04-10-2018, 11:06 AM

:wow :lol t'es pas sérieux...

FvckMavs
04-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Danny seemed to have an injury. Tony is probably done at this point. But at least they are out there fighting, unlike Kawhi. I'm not sure if any Spurs fan will go out to buy his new shoes if he was not even sitting on the bench cheering for the team.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:14 PM
I'm honestly surprised that Green is even shooting that well. It's been horrible. But Danny's either going to shoot well or he's not. No way to predict or improve it externally.
The last five games have been ghastly: 21% FG and 13% from 3
Tony is at 23% FG.

The fact he's more recently worse, if one reduces the game sample, means that perhaps a bounce back of some progression to a better shooting average is in order.

I can hope.

Brazil
04-10-2018, 12:26 PM
I believe people are too quick to bury Parker tbh.. we all have called him done before, we also called Manu done many times.. Manu, Tony are veterans, they know their body and what it takes.. Parker is coming back from a serious injury, he has had more downs than ups so far but I'm sure he feels he can adapt and provides good minutes in the future, I think he deserves people to trust him.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:28 PM
I believe people are too quick to bury Parker tbh.. we all have called him done before, we also called Manu done many times.. Manu, Tony are veterans, they know their body and what it takes.. Parker is coming back from a serious injury, he has had more downs than ups so far but I'm sure he feels he can adapt and provides good minutes in the future, I think he deserves people to trust him.
Let's get it!!!!
:lobt2:wipityyyyyy
:flag:

Russ
04-10-2018, 12:30 PM
The Spurs have a whole team of pretty good three-point shooters who've been in a year-long (sometimes two-year) slump.

But let's wait until the money is on the table.

Danny is the type of player who can get hot when it matters (and it's been two years for him).

Tony had some moments after he came back from his "100 times" injury. Is he pacing himself in a diminished role? TP's got more pride (for better and worse) than anyone on the team.

As bad as the Spurs' outside shooting has been all year, they're still alive and kicking. What happens if they suddenly get hot?

Brazil
04-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Let's get it!!!!
:lobt2:wipityyyyyy
:flag:

:lol still better than Kawhi Leonard

Dex
04-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Tony is done.

I remember when Hakeem appeared done, and how sad I thought it was that a once dominant player suddenly looked so pedestrian on the court. Even for a player that I hated to see beat my Spurs I wanted him to be remembered for his greatness...not as a guy who hung around way too long. Recently I went back and looked at Hakeem's numbers his final season, and he actually put up decent numbers compared to what Tony is doing now. The fact that TP wants to play three more years is unbelievable to me. Whatever legacy he has will be ruined if he sticks around simply to average 3 points and an assist on 30% shooting the next 3 years. Personally I hope he sees the writing on the wall and hangs it up soon. And I love Parker, but his career, sadly, appears to be over. For the good of the Spurs and his own legacy he needs to do the right thing and give up that roster spot. Tim knew when he was done. Tim could have probably still played 50 games a year and kept going, but he knew it was time.

The Spurs may have to shut Tony down if he can't see it himself.

I think they are trending that direction. The switch to Murray starting, Parker's diminished minutes, rarely closes games...the rotation is slowly moving away from him, and eventually he could be obsolete in it.

My concern is that Tony has stated in a couple interviews that even after recovering from his injury, his "body won't be 100% until another year". I think he still believes he is on the comeback trail when he probably should be riding off into the sunset.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 12:52 PM
TP I highly doubt can turn it on. He will be solely reliant on his jumper to go down which looks so off.

Danny is a gamer and will be there. Also, with literally ZERO guys on the team that can create off the dribble it’s not shocking to see Danny struggle. He’s had to take worse shots and create his own shots. Danny is not a primary creator but he’s had to try. If he was a secondary creator he would be fine but that’s not the case.

Just have to hope they can get some transition opportunities with Murray pushing

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 12:54 PM

Casualty of the death of The Beautiful Game. Fifty Mills and Gasoft aren't creating the shots for him that Parker when he had speed, Ginobili, Duncan, Diaw, and Splitter were getting him.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:55 PM
TP I highly doubt can turn it on. He will be solely reliant on his jumper to go down which looks so off.

Danny is a gamer and will be there. Also, with literally ZERO guys on the team that can create off the dribble it’s not shocking to see Danny struggle. He’s had to take worse shots and create his own shots. Danny is not a primary creator but he’s had to try. If he was a secondary creator he would be fine but that’s not the case.

Just have to hope they can get some transition opportunities with Murray pushing
Danny can't have excuses.
I hope he has the heart of a champ in the playoffs. No excuses.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 12:56 PM
It’s reality, not excuses.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 12:57 PM
With TP just have to hope he was somewhat coasting in a long season returning from a horrific injury. I believe in TP but even though he’s battling that injury may have zapped him. Look at Kawhi who can’t even play with a lesser version of the injury.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 12:59 PM
It’s reality, not excuses.
It's excuses. If he's not a good fit for this current team then he has to go. Quite simple. team changed around him and he can no longer do want he did then he's not a starter for this team etc. You can't have excuses. It underscores the point that others made which you objected to, that they need a more offensively talented SG than Danny is... And in that case I would be against standing pat.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 01:02 PM
The team didn’t change; Kawhi, the only off the dribble creator got hurt the entire season. With Kawhi healthy and other moves made Danny would be fine especially with his offensive improvement handling the ball.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 01:05 PM
The team didn’t change; Kawhi, the only off the dribble creator got hurt the entire season. With Kawhi healthy and other moves made Danny would be fine especially with his offensive improvement handling the ball.
Danny has been in a few years slump, it's only worse now bc his usage is up. You overrate his improved ballhandling when his shooting is a lot worse. I understand homers but I am of the kind of let's hope for the best--homer, not of the kind that says let's be blind.

That said I hope Danny has a good playoffs, eats this thread for dinner and ignores excuses.

Raven
04-10-2018, 01:09 PM
danny needs to be put into rhythm first. His minutes have not been consistent enough for him to do that.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 01:10 PM
I am going to have to pump those spursforsix threads about the Phoenix to pump Tony up!! :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 01:12 PM
More excuses.

Danny is getting WIDE OPEN looks and missing them. Kawhi or not, open looks are open looks. Let's not act like he's forcing shit :lol

Chinook
04-10-2018, 01:30 PM
danny needs to be put into rhythm first. His minutes have not been consistent enough for him to do that.

I don't disagree that this is hurting him too. Even if it's just because it's causing him to check out mentally. Pop had irrational confidence in Patty, and Mills is sort of delivering. It's not like Green hasn't shot well for stretches this year. Whether he should be replaced in the summer is it's own deal, but if it's possible to get another 2016 playoffs out of him, doing so is a huge priority.

MoSpur02
04-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Tony has look deflated ever since he realized Kawhi quit on them.

Raven
04-10-2018, 01:59 PM
I don't disagree that this is hurting him too. Even if it's just because it's causing him to check out mentally. Pop had irrational confidence in Patty, and Mills is sort of delivering. It's not like Green hasn't shot well for stretches this year. Whether he should be replaced in the summer is it's own deal, but if it's possible to get another 2016 playoffs out of him, doing so is a huge priority.

mills has consistently been the worst player on the field imo..

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 02:00 PM
More excuses.

Danny is getting WIDE OPEN looks and missing them. Kawhi or not, open looks are open looks. Let's not act like he's forcing shit :lol

That’s exactly what he’s doing. Not only that, he’s taking more shots inside off the dribble which is exceedingly more difficult for all nba players.

MoSpur02
04-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Danny pulling up off the dribble for a 3 pointer is the worst. I get pissed every time he does that

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 02:14 PM

I disagree. Tp has not looked any different even after the newest news on Kawhi. It’s more that TP is older, coming off a really bad injury and it’s taken it’s toll (as expected).

I mean, this is an injury that has kept Kawhi out all year. TP is playing after a worse version of the injury and you see how it can limit someone.

Brazil
04-10-2018, 04:01 PM
I disagree. Tp has not looked any different even after the newest news on Kawhi. It’s more that TP is older, coming off a really bad injury and it’s taken it’s toll (as expected).

I mean, this is an injury that has kept Kawhi out all year. TP is playing after a worse version of the injury and you see how it can limit someone.

I agree this is why I'm saying this season is a bit premature to call him done entirely, next season will be a good indicator of what dude has left after all those years

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 04:08 PM
I agree this is why I'm saying this season is a bit premature to call him done entirely, next season will be a good indicator of what dude has left after all those years

I think the issue is that even before the injury, outside of the MEM series, he had not really been a positive. Of course I’m hopeful and love TP as an all time great PG (not just Spurs), but I really don’t know how much he has left.

Im just hoping for one or two solid playoff spurts where he helps.

spurraider21
04-10-2018, 04:09 PM
lack of rhythm excuse for green, but inapplicable to davis...

Brazil
04-10-2018, 04:12 PM
I think the issue is that even before the injury, outside of the MEM series, he had not really been a positive. Of course I’m hopeful and love TP as an all time great PG (not just Spurs), but I really don’t know how much he has left.

Im just hoping for one or two solid playoff spurts where he helps.

yeah by what left I mean 15 mn off the bench.. the problem is before injury he was sill playing in SL, I'd like to see him a full season on a vet role, limited minutes with the second unit.. in that conditions I think he can be valuable for the team

NASpurs
04-10-2018, 04:20 PM
TP is a walking miracle if his injury was 100x worse than Kawhi's. I'm surprised he can wipe his ass tbh.

If TP's heroic play is a sign of things to come for Kawhi, then I can't wait for PATFO to give Kawhi the supermax.

Brazil
04-10-2018, 04:27 PM
TP is a walking miracle if his injury was 100x worse than Kawhi's. I'm surprised he can wipe his ass tbh.

If TP's heroic play is a sign of things to come for Kawhi, then I can't wait for PATFO to give Kawhi the supermax.

:lol that's indeed worrisome tbh... oh boy

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 04:27 PM

You sound like RC.

PATFO used Kawhi's ankle as excuse to keep Patty, Pau, Manu..."This team is a contender, just Zaza happened"

In this next offseason, PATFO be like "Kawhi ruined it all, we're still a contender. We're gonna re-sign Parker, Manu'll play other season..."

It doesn't matter if our shooters can't shoot a shit, or backcourt's lack of talent...You're gonna hear Kawhi name again

This season.."Danny has a higher usage that's why he's forcing shoots because Kawhi isn't there" Last season the same guys said "Danny's shooting poorly because his low usage, Kawhi's too dominant"

The same with LMA. Last season...He didn't feel comfortable cause "Kawhi's too dominant" When Kawhi wasn't playing against GSW..."LMA gets triple-double without Kawhi on court"

Since Kawhi was/is holding them back...About time to win a ring without him this year.

Brazil
04-10-2018, 04:37 PM
You sounds like RC.

PATFO used Kawhi's ankle injury excuse to keep Patty, Pau, Manu..."This team is a contender, just Kawhi's injury happened"

In this next offseason, PATFO like "Kawhi ruined it all, we're still a contender. We're gonna re-sign Parker, Manu'll play other season..."

It doesn't matter if our shooters can't shoot or backcourt's lack of talent...You're gonna hear Kawhi name again

This season.."Danny has a higher usage that's why he's forcing shoots because Kawhi isn't there" Last season the same guys said "Danny's shooting like shit because his low usage, Kawhi's too dominant"

The same with LMA. Llast season...He didn't feel comfortable cause "Kawhi's too dominant" When Kawhi wasn't playing against GSW..."LMA gets triple-double without Kawhi on court"

Since Kawhi was/is holding them back...About time to win a ring without him this year.

I sound like RC ? :lol

your post does not make any sense

at the end of the day, Manu, Patty, Tony, LMA even fathead are trying, battling age, injuries and adversity to get the Spurs in the PO while your boy don't even bother doing some cheering from the bench. Fuck Kawhi Leonard, I can take a whole season wasted to make sure he heals, I can even take Spurs giving him supermax but him not bothering of showing a bit of support to his team mates I can't, fuck him for that. He is acting like an immature kid, so him and his uncle can go fuck themselves

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
I sound like RC ? :lol

your post does not make any sense

at the end of the day, Manu, Patty, Tony, LMA even fathead are trying, battling age, injuries and adversity to get the Spurs in the PO while your boy don't even bother doing some cheering from the bench. Fuck Kawhi Leonard, I can take a whole season wasted to make sure he heals, I can even take Spurs giving him supermax but him not bothering of showing a bit of support to his team mates I can't, fuck him for that. He is acting like an immature kid, so him and his uncle can go fuck themselves

You sound like RC because this willl be his excuse in the summer "at least Manu Parker Patty Pau tried...keep them all"..They stood pat for two consecutive trade deadlines ..Summer moves to sign only unplayable guys against elite teams.

Do they need a situation like this about Kawhi to make a trade in the offseason/next deadline? What a waste of time.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 04:59 PM
You sound like RC because this willl be his excuse in the summer "at least Manu Parker Patty Pau tried...keep them all"..They stood pat for two consecutive trade deadlines ..Summer moves to sign only unplayable guys against elite teams.

Do they need a situation like this about Kawhi to make a trade in the offseason/next deadline? What a waste of time.

Huh? They stood pat? They signed Rudy Gay. They tried actively to trade for Kyrie. Something not happening does not equal standing pat. You have to have plan B, C, D, etc...You cant force teams to trade with you or players to sign with you.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 05:08 PM
That’s exactly what he’s doing. Not only that, he’s taking more shots inside off the dribble which is exceedingly more difficult for all nba players.

I'd agree with you taht some of his shots are forced, but he definitely has struggled on wide open looks too. Its not just quality of shots with Danny. I always defend the dude, but his shooting is really poor this year even when hes wide open.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM

This team would be better than the one we had in the WCF last year if Kawhi simply was here. The idea that they stood pat and that there was some master trade to be made that was going to replace a top 5 player in the league is really just fucking stupid.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
I'd agree with you taht some of his shots are forced, but he definitely has struggled on wide open looks too. Its not just quality of shots with Danny. I always defend the dude, but his shooting is really poor this year even when hes wide open.

Not defending it really, just providing context. For shooters like Danny, they rely on spacing and catch and shoot. As he’s been asked to do more and things have gotten more crowded it’s impacted everything. He’s off on the open one’s, no doubt. But I think the other stuff played a role in that.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Huh? They stood pat? They signed Rudy Gay. They tried actively to trade for Kyrie. Something not happening does not equal standing pat. You have to have plan B, C, D, etc...You cant force teams to trade with you or players to sign with you.

This team would be better than the one we had in the WCF last year if Kawhi simply was here. The idea that they stood pat and that there was some master trade to be made that was going to replace a top 5 player in the league is really just fucking stupid.

Rudy is starting to look good but he's not the offseason move I expected after GSW swept them. I expected some backcourt's upgrade, a reliable shooter, a true scoring guard.

If they couldn't sign Kyrie, I don't blame them. Ainge is hard to convince and the Spurs didn't have assets to make a good offer for him...But he's an expensive All Star, RC could have found shooters/scoring guards for less

Also, Joff isn't an upgrade over Dedmon defense.

While "a master trade" is stupid for you, teams do it all time. This is how superteams are built.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Rudy is starting to look good but he's not the offseason move I expected after GSW swept them. I expected some backcourt's upgrade, a reliable shooter, a true scoring guard.

If they couldn't sign Kyrie, I don't blame them. Ainge is hard to convince and the Spurs didn't have assets to make a good offer for him...But he's an expensive All Star, RC could have found shooters/scoring guards for less

While "a master trade" is stupid for you, teams do it all time. This is how superteams are built.

:lmao Your bias is showing here.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 06:03 PM
:lmao Your bias is showing here.

Against who? Our guards? I've been saying this in last two years. It's not new.

Again, this is a perimeter-oriented league, a team can't be a contender without elite guards.

Backcourt upgrades means to go faster, younger, more talented.

Look at Cavs, they lost an elite guard while kept their strong Bron-Love frontcourt. They're shit.

If you don't agree about the need of better guards on this team...I can't help.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 06:10 PM
No no. Not that. The part about supertrades. SA tried with Kyrie hard. What do you want?

FvckMavs
04-10-2018, 06:15 PM

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
No no. Not that. The part about supertrades. SA tried with Kyrie hard. What do you want?
I want if a "supertrade" wasn't working, they get other decent pieces.

They added Rudy and Joff. Again, Gay's fine, can make an impact, but he's not the guard-upgrade this team needed.

Chinook
04-10-2018, 06:23 PM
lack of rhythm excuse for green, but inapplicable to davis...

You're not very good at being the new Chump, unless Chump was pretty bad at being the old Chump.

Down Under
04-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Meh, he's shot bad for a whole season before, then caught fire in the playoffs.

TD 21
04-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Even with the lack of a dynamic creator, I thought for a long time that team wide progression to the mean from 3 had to kick in to a certain extent, but at this point I've given up. This is probably the worst all around 3-point shooting team in the league post All-Star break. That means continuing to see bizarre lineups (like Forbes playing the 4th quarter with the season on the line), in the hopes of finding someone who can catch fire from deep.

Specifically regarding Parker, I'd be shocked if this isn't who he is for the remainder of this season (maybe he comes back slightly better next season just from having been further removed from a significant injury). He blew his load when he first came back, but once the adrenaline wore off, reality set in.

spurraider21
04-10-2018, 07:23 PM
You're not very good at being the new Chump, unless Chump was pretty bad at being the old Chump.
:depressed

tbdog
04-10-2018, 07:47 PM

That has been the issue for Green for a few years now. He sometimes becomes a huge liability on offense. Before he was just on when he was wide open. Now its a flip of a coin that has 3 sides.

Play Boban
04-10-2018, 07:52 PM

Slippy
04-10-2018, 08:01 PM

Thats what i noticed as well. Since that team meeting tbh

SASdynasty!
04-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Someone with some sense tbh

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 08:51 PM
I want if a "supertrade" wasn't working, they get other decent pieces.

They added Rudy and Joff. Again, Gay's fine, can make an impact, but he's not the guard-upgrade this team needed.

This is absurd. You can’t force players to sign. You can’t force teams to trade. The didn’t stand pat. They tried to make moves and it didn’t work out on the heels of landing LMA a couple summers ago, re-signing him, bringing in Rudy, trying to get Kyrie and who knows what other moves.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 10:17 PM

LOL what exactly where the Spurs going to trade to get a top 5 NBA player that wasn't Kawhi or LMA? JFC which team was going to give up a top 5 player for peanuts? Golden State? LOL. Cleveland? LOL. Houston? LOL. OKC? LOL. PG as available but he plays the same fucking position as Kawhi. What were they going to give up to get him that wasn't LMA whos value was at an all time low last summer? So stupid.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2018, 10:18 PM
The only reason this team isn't as good and better than the one that got to the WCF last year is because Kawhi is either injured or a punk ass bitch. But it's no one else's fault. If you think it is, then you're an idiot.

YGWHI
04-11-2018, 10:00 AM
This is absurd. You can’t force players to sign. You can’t force teams to trade. The didn’t stand pat. They tried to make moves and it didn’t work out on the heels of landing LMA a couple summers ago, re-signing him, bringing in Rudy, trying to get Kyrie and who knows what other moves.

LOL what exactly where the Spurs going to trade to get a top 5 NBA player that wasn't Kawhi or LMA? JFC which team was going to give up a top 5 player for peanuts? Golden State? LOL. Cleveland? LOL. Houston? LOL. OKC? LOL. PG as available but he plays the same fucking position as Kawhi. What were they going to give up to get him that wasn't LMA whos value was at an all time low last summer? So stupid.

I wonder how other teams found shooters for less than the Spurs are paying Mills...But thinking about that is so "stupid."

YGWHI
04-11-2018, 10:16 AM
The only reason this team isn't as good and better than the one that got to the WCF last year is because Kawhi is either injured or a punk ass bitch. But it's no one else's fault. If you think it is, then you're an idiot.

C's played many, many games without Irving and Hayward. Can you see the Spurs making playoffs without Kawhi and LMA for those many games? Granted, East is weak, blah blah, they still won games that no one thought they could without both players.

If you think a team with three old players in key role (Manu best guard 40 y o, Pau second best bigman 39 y o, Parker PG starter/backup 35 y o), with three old players who can't play more than 10-15 minutes in playoffs, is fine...

If you think that a team with Mills and Danny as main shooters is an elite team...

I'm not a stat-guy but do you look their numbers lately?

Well, if you think it, you're an idiot, too.

DPG21920
04-11-2018, 12:34 PM
You’ve now shifted the goal post. You went from super trades to Mills type players.

Mills contract sucks, Paus too. That doesn’t mean the team stood pat.

FvckMavs
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Mills contract sucks, Paus too. That doesn’t mean the team stood pat.

At least they fucking played games and were there for their teammates.

SAGirl
04-11-2018, 12:44 PM
C's played many, many games without Irving and Hayward. Can you see the Spurs making playoffs without Kawhi and LMA for those many games? Granted, East is weak, blah blah, they still won games that no one thought they could without both players.

If you think a team with three old players in key role (Manu best guard 40 y o, Pau second best bigman 39 y o, Parker PG starter/backup 35 y o), with three old players who can't play more than 10-15 minutes in playoffs, is fine...

If you think that a team with Mills and Danny as main shooters is an elite team...

I'm not a stat-guy but do you look their numbers lately?

Well, if you think it, you're an idiot, too.
Celtics have some damn good looking lottery picks they have leaned on so that's a bad comparison but I do agree with your criticism of Manny (who is a brash and arrogant dude)... Just bc Kawhi isn't playing we can't talk about others in this team?

Didn't Pop say we are what we are... This is the team we have right now and we have to win with what we have. Heck if they all started making excuses they wouldn't have won 20 games bc Kiwi isn't playing.

So I will discuss things about the guys who are playing. Pop said they have to stop feeling sorry for themselves and that they have to win games on their own so this is what this thread is about...

Of course Kyle, Bryn, Denounte can get their own critical threads, but no one can question what the heck is going on with Danny's shooting or Tony's? Do these guys need Kawhi to hold their hand so they can play ball? No way, if they are done they are done, specially if they are looking for pricy long term deals. This is the time to bounce back And I hope that they do.

MannyIsGod
04-11-2018, 07:15 PM
The Celtics have missed the playoffs in recent history and thus have had lottery picks to work with to build assets. The reason the Spurs don't have a lot of assets isn't because they're bad at front office operations, its beause they've been successful. Ill take 2014 over the Celtics current team anyday. Shit, I'll take our current team over what the Celtics have if you're talking about championship chances.

MannyIsGod
04-11-2018, 07:17 PM
I wonder how other teams found shooters for less than the Spurs are paying Mills...But thinking about that is so "stupid."

List the best 3 point shooters in the league and the contracts they are on. I'm not sure what you'll find, but I suspect that the top of the 3 point list is littered with players making far more than Mills. That being said, Mills has sucked this year (although he's been better the last couple of weeks) so I'm ok with people saying the signing wasn't great. The point is, there aren't many cheap 3 point shooters to be had.

BackHome
04-11-2018, 10:13 PM
List the best 3 point shooters in the league and the contracts they are on. I'm not sure what you'll find, but I suspect that the top of the 3 point list is littered with players making far more than Mills. That being said, Mills has sucked this year (although he's been better the last couple of weeks) so I'm ok with people saying the signing wasn't great. The point is, there aren't many cheap 3 point shooters to be had.

The problem I have is with Pop always preaching defense yet we sign and play midgets who are terrible on defense. No way you want a good defensive team and play Mills, Forbes, and Tony.

Man you can actually see Green pissing away money every time he misses a wide open three. You can tell he knows his big payday is going out the door on every miss he makes. At this point I have no worries about any team offering any big contract.

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 01:10 AM
Why do you expect to sign just the best three shooters? What's about 5-6-7-8..All them are better than ours.

Eric Gordon isn't top 3 but he's still good. His contract $52M 4 years, Patty $50 4 years.

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Celtics have some daJust bc Kawhi isn't playing we can't talk about others in this team?
We can't. Either you say they're perfect or you're hater.

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2018, 02:14 AM
Why do you expect to sign just the best three shooters? What's about 5-6-7-8..All them are better than ours.

Eric Gordon isn't top 3 but he's still good. His contract $52M 4 years, Patty $50 4 years.

Fuck PATFO

MannyIsGod
04-12-2018, 03:48 AM

......Patty is shooting better than Eric Gordon from 3 despite Gordon playing in a much more prolific offense geared around the 3.

SAGirl
04-25-2018, 09:43 PM
It was costly in the playoffs.