PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets @ T-Wolves For Last Playoff Spot

Spurtacular
04-10-2018, 12:24 AM
Dang, that's just good schedule making!

DAF86
04-10-2018, 12:29 AM
What a major failure it would be for the Wolves if they don't make the playoffs, tbh. Thibs starting to play for his NBA coaching career, imho.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 12:32 AM
What a major failure it would be for the Wolves if they don't make the playoffs, tbh. Thibs starting to play for his NBA coaching career, imho.

They're actually right around their Vegas over/under..if Butler didn't get hurt, they would have been a top 4 seed IMO..

Thibs is yet another example of a coach sabotaging himself by being a GM, though..signing Wiggins to a long-term deal, adding Jamal Crawford, etc..I don't know why teams still allow new coaches to have dual-roles..

midnightpulp
04-10-2018, 12:42 AM
They're actually right around their Vegas over/under..if Butler didn't get hurt, they would have been a top 4 seed IMO..

Thibs is yet another example of a coach sabotaging himself by being a GM, though..signing Wiggins to a long-term deal, adding Jamal Crawford, etc..I don't know why teams still allow new coaches to have dual-roles..

What's the money line on the Rockets/Lakers? Don't know if saw my post, but if it's cool, I need you place a couple of bets for me.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 12:46 AM
What's the money line on the Rockets/Lakers? Don't know if saw my post, but if it's cool, I need you place a couple of bets for me.

My book doesn't have a line yet, I'll have to let you know later..

midnightpulp
04-10-2018, 12:50 AM
My book doesn't have a line yet, I'll have to let you know later..

Right on.

Stabula
04-10-2018, 03:54 AM
Is Wiggins shit? Haven't really been following him or the Wolves

spursistan
04-10-2018, 07:32 AM
This is going to be a war. Hopefully the Nuggets pull it off for shit and giggles and for Thibs to be exposed as the overrated archaic hack he's always been..He should be embarrassed it's come down to this..

ambchang
04-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Maybe highly insightful for this forum, but has anybody noticed KAT is massively overrated?

Clipper Nation
04-10-2018, 08:08 AM
He's awful. They gave a max contract to a glorified Jamal Crawford.

04-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Pulling for nuggs here tbh

:cry Devin :cry

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 10:11 AM
He's awful. They gave a max contract to a glorified Jamal Crawford.

KAT is overrates to some degree ...but not as much as wiggins who getting franchise $ as a glorified Harrison Barnes who is also overpaid ...

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 12:15 PM
We're actually going to have a final day of the NBA regular season more relevant than this past year's Week 17 NFL slate of games. That's kind of incredible when you think of it.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 12:16 PM

The problem is competition for the Wolves. They play in by far the best division in the league and everyone in that division has to play 16 division games. Which makes all of their records look worse than they are.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2018, 01:32 PM
The problem is competition for the Wolves. They play in by far the best division in the league and everyone in that division has to play 16 division games. Which makes all of their records look worse than they are.
I disagree. The Timberwolves have managed to lose to the Suns twice, the Grizzlies twice, the Nets, the Magic, the Hawks, and the Bulls this year. Those were supposed to be easy wins. Meanwhile, they're 9-6 against divisional opponents, currently tied with Denver for the best such record in the Northwest Division. That doesn't suggest that the competition in their division is their problem.

The Wolves' problems are Glen Taylor, Wiggins, Thibs, Teague and Dieng in that order. Bad ownership, bad coaching/GMing and mediocre players on overpaid contracts are a recipe for a treadmill team.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 01:56 PM
I disagree. The Timberwolves have managed to lose to the Suns twice, the Grizzlies twice, the Nets, the Magic, the Hawks, and the Bulls this year. Those were supposed to be easy wins. Meanwhile, they're 9-6 against divisional opponents, currently tied with Denver for the best such record in the Northwest Division. That doesn't suggest that the competition in their division is their problem.

The Wolves' problems are Glen Taylor, Wiggins, Thibs, Teague and Dieng in that order. Bad ownership, bad coaching/GMing and mediocre players on overpaid contracts are a recipe for a treadmill team.

Mostly Thibs though. No way you can have that many shitty losses as you mentioned and expect to deserve a playoff birth. With that division record and that talent they should be a 52+ win team, no question. Also, how does Thibs lose to the Bulls when the Bulls suck? Has he no pride?

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Mostly Thibs though. No way you can have that many shitty losses as you mentioned and expect to deserve a playoff birth. With that division record and that talent they should be a 52+ win team, no question. Also, how does Thibs lose to the Bulls when the Bulls suck? Has he no pride?

runs his starters in to the ground everwhere he goes tbh

Raven
04-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Maybe highly insightful for this forum, but has anybody noticed KAT is massively overrated?

tbf they are both improving year by year.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 03:02 PM

The best way to avoid bad losses to inferior competition is to have a bench that can play, it's been proven time and again... remember the 2016 Spurs who had by far the best bench in the league? They were 67-15, second seed in the west, due a large part to having exactly zero bad losses on the season. 15-0 at home against the East and 40-1 at home overall.

Splits
04-10-2018, 03:39 PM

What are you betting? Hedging against me? :lol

My book has Lakers +275 / Rockets -330 money line

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Teague and Wiggins are just brutal to watch already.

Arcadian
04-11-2018, 07:38 PM
NBA playoffs play-in game!

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 07:43 PM

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Go Denver

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Come on Nuggets, drop the Spurs to the 8 seed

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Jokic unguardable tonight

Chris Fall
04-11-2018, 08:55 PM

I’ve read this criticism quite a bit and I don’t know if I can agree with it fully, especially with this Minnesota team. To some degree, sure, cause you simply can’t play 4-5 guys all close to 40 mpg without the very real risks of injury and fatigue. But sometimes your roster dictates that you play your best guys in order to win. And we see how important every single win was for a team like Minnesota now on the brink of playoffs versus lottery. Not every team has the luxury of a Golden State the last few years knowing they’re pretty much guaranteed to win around 60 games and be comfortably in the playoffs near the top of the conference. A borderline playoff team has to play its best players big minutes. If Thibs didn’t, maybe they’d have even more bad losss to bad teams and they’d be clearly out of the playoffs.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Thibs was dumb enough to play Crawford and Rose at the same time in what is essentially a playoff game, and the Nuggets STILL couldn't take advantage. At this point, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Arcadian
04-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Shit's getting real

Killakobe81
04-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Thibs was dumb enough to play Crawford and Rose at the same time in what is essentially a playoff game, and the Nuggets STILL couldn't take advantage. At this point, they don't deserve to make the playoffs.

neither team does Rox will smoke either team ...

Arcadian
04-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Jokic has been really choking here in the last minute

Killakobe81
04-11-2018, 09:22 PM
wow jokic dont even get a shotvoff and why u going to a big that far out?

Killakobe81
04-11-2018, 09:24 PM
just a comedy of errors

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 09:24 PM
:lol Relying on Jamal Crawford in the clutch

04-11-2018, 09:25 PM
wow jokic dont even get a shotvoff and why u going to a big that far out?
They should have gone to Murray, he was killing it tbh

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 09:25 PM
neither team does Rox will smoke either team ...

Denver wins and Houston gets the Spurs.

Arcadian
04-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Why the fuck is every Denver possession ending with Jokic jacking up a contested 3? Dumbasses.

Arcadian
04-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Denver had plenty of good looks. They choked.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 09:46 PM

Bye bye, Nuggets.

MultiTroll
04-11-2018, 09:46 PM
following the last 14 seconds on the box score.

:lol
Will this thing ever f-ing end?

sickdsm
04-12-2018, 10:03 AM
If Butler didn't get hurt, Wolves HCA 1st round.

I thought the offense sucked. KAT has been touch and go but can definitely go beast mode on occasion. Wiggins has been shit. Love Butler. Does make it more competitive with Butler back and that dude from ROX out a few weeks.

Lot of flashbacks to WCF 2004 leading up to this game. I'll say it again but switch TD and KG and you have a completely different career. Down to 3rd string PG in that WCF against the lakers......

sickdsm
04-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Keep your shitty takes in the NFL forum.

Wolves win one of either of the games against the blazers that Jimmy Butler missed and they are the number 3 seed. Not both games. One game.

Rox-wolves are basically a 1 vs 3 seed in first round.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I don't know why so many people think Minnesota underachieved..they were right at their Vegas over/under, despite their best player missing a long stretch of the season..

Also, they really aren't that good, on paper..Butler and Towns are great, Teague has been playing really well, but Wiggins is a cancer and their bench is horrendous..not to mention most of their players outside of Butler/Gibson play a stupid brand of basketball..

Overall, I'd say they had a successful season..they need to get a real GM, though..this dual-role shit rarely works..

04-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Rockets in 4. And, it won't be close.

04-13-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't know why so many people think Minnesota underachieved..they were right at their Vegas over/under, despite their best player missing a long stretch of the season..

Also, they really aren't that good, on paper..Butler and Towns are great, Teague has been playing really well, but Wiggins is a cancer and their bench is horrendous..not to mention most of their players outside of Butler/Gibson play a stupid brand of basketball..

Overall, I'd say they had a successful season..they need to get a real GM, though..this dual-role shit rarely works..

It's the losses to the crappy east teams and the four combined losses to the Suns and Grizzlies that ClipperNation mentioned.

Regardless, they would have been exposed in the playoffs anyhow since they don't play consistent defense and don't have the 3 point shooting to hang with the heavyweights.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2018, 01:07 PM
Keep your shitty takes in the NFL forum.

Wolves win one of either of the games against the blazers that Jimmy Butler missed and they are the number 3 seed. Not both games. One game.

Rox-wolves are basically a 1 vs 3 seed in first round.

:lol How is it a shitty take to point out that all those losses to lottery teams ended up hurting your playoff seeding? Those were eight gimme wins that the Timberwolves pissed away. If you had won all those games, your record would have been 55-27, which would have easily been enough for the 3 seed.

sickdsm
04-13-2018, 03:21 PM
:lol How is it a shitty take to point out that all those losses to lottery teams ended up hurting your playoff seeding? Those were eight gimme wins that the Timberwolves pissed away. If you had won all those games, your record would have been 55-27, which would have easily been enough for the 3 seed.

I didn't play so I can't win games for my team.