PDA

View Full Version : Will Kawhi sit on the bench during the playoffs?

spursistan
04-10-2018, 05:06 AM
Wonder if this embarrassment of a "franchise player" will find it suitable to join his team and cheer them in the playoffs..

Last time I checked this dude hasn't contacted a nerve agent or something that would require him to give "his teammates " the widest of berths, no?

Do you think he will come to the games and root for 41 year-old Manu Ginobili as he bust his nuts for the team in a potential last hurrah, tbh?

Do you think he has a modicum of decency and common sense left in him?

spursistan
04-10-2018, 05:14 AM
One thing I will never forgive this guy for is that he pulled this act probably knowing and watching 50 year-old Manu fight his hearts out for the team one last time ..

He doesn't give the slightest of crap about dudes he went to war with and won championships..

Rocalcio
04-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Or maybe he went to NY to get the green light for a PO come back...

spursistan
04-10-2018, 05:30 AM
It's been like 3 weeks he's been trying to get that green light in New York-- a trip which conveniently happened after the players-only meeting, and he was never to be seen after it..

Sometimes, shame on us; we should know when we are being kidded :lol..

Rocalcio
04-10-2018, 05:37 AM
It's been like 3 weeks he's been trying to get that green light in New York-- a trip which conveniently happened after the players-only meeting, and he was never to be seen after it..

Sometimes, shame on us; we should know when we are being being kidded :lol..

I'm just trying not to be too pessimistic about this story. :depressed

spursistan
04-10-2018, 06:07 AM
I'm just trying not to be too pessimistic about this story. :depressed
Even his ardent fanboys are straining to find a spin angle to his conduct. It is really been one of biggest letdowns in recent Spurs history..

tholdren
04-10-2018, 06:09 AM
Even his ardent fanboys are straining to find a spin angle to his conduct. It is really been one of biggest letdowns in recent Spurs history..

Hes dennis rodman 2.0

spursistan
04-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Hes dennis rodman 2.0
At least Rodman had well documented issues..This guy was touted as Duncan 2.0..:lol

tholdren
04-10-2018, 06:23 AM
At least Rodman had well documented issues..This guy was touted as Duncan 2.0..:lol

Rodman was the league leader in rebounds, a 6 time all nba defender and a 2x dpoy. Arguably better indovidual awards than kl.

Only the playerfans thought kl was more than a second option

acoelho1
04-10-2018, 06:26 AM
When is the next press conference where he says again that he’s coming back soon only to sit out with no updates.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 06:36 AM
If we're being honest Manu cost Kawhi championship(s). Let's not act like he hasn't been dog shit in the last 5 postseasons aside from the Warriors series when they were coasting and letting scrubs like Fathead go off...

spursistan
04-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Rodman was the league leader in rebounds, a 6 time all nba defender and a 2x dpoy. Arguably better indovidual awards than kl.

I'm just talking from a character standpoint. I think all of us including RC/Pop may have overrated his "Spurs material"-ness. I think he's turned out to be more self-interested/centered than we could have ever imagined-- and he does it quietly so..

George Gervin's Afro
04-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Let's move on from KL.... we can probably get 2 good young players and a lottery pick... he has checked out

spursistan
04-10-2018, 07:42 AM
When is the next press conference where he says again that he’s coming back soon only to sit out with no updates.
Just a maddening lack of respect for everyone..Should have declared himself out for the season January and no one will hold it against him..This team could have fuckin' salvaged a 3rd seed without the cloud that's been hanging over them all year..

MoSpur02
04-10-2018, 07:49 AM
I honestly hope he doesn't. If I was on the team I wouldn't want him there. He had all season to be there and show support and didn't. Why start now?

cjw
04-10-2018, 08:07 AM

Umm, Kawhi has two first team All NBAs to go with his two first team / one second team All Defense. Not to mention a finals MVP and leading the league once in steals which is VERY unusual from a non-guard. And that’s in half. So that blows up your argument.

But that doesn’t excuse any of this.

SuperCam
04-10-2018, 08:46 AM
only if Poop gives duncan2k5 and YGWHI two seats immediately behind him so they can continue to wipe his ass, tbh

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Rehab playoffs in NYC for him.
I don't expect to see him cheering teammates.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 08:59 AM
I honestly hope he doesn't. If I was on the team I wouldn't want him there. He had all season to be there and show support and didn't. Why start now?
It might even be awkward since aside from Danny texting him he doesn't keep himself involved with what's going on. Timmy Duncan strikes me as more involved in retirement than Kiwi as an active player and leader. Leader he's not. Timmy D has been seen at the practice facility whenever the team was struggling and was reported to be coaching young bigs like Davis and Joff. Timmy D still cares how guys are doing even the bench roleplayers

Kiwi is on his own by his own choice and doesn't care what's going on in the team outside of his own leg.

spursistan
04-10-2018, 09:01 AM
only if Poop gives duncan2k5 and YGWHI two seats immediately behind him so they can continue to wipe his ass, tbh
:lmao..

TheDoctor
It might even be awkward since aside from Danny texting him he doesn't keep himself involved with what's going on. Timmy Duncan strikes me as more involved in retirement than Kiwi as an active player and leader. Leader he's not. Timmy D has been seen at the practice facility whenever the team was struggling and was reported to be coaching young bigs like Davis and Joff. Timmy D still cares how guys are doing even the bench roleplayers

Kiwi is on his own by his own choice and doesn't care what's going on in the team outside of his own leg.
:lol

jermaine
If God sees fit to allow the Spurs to somehow manage to win a Chip, do Kawhi accept his ring???

FvckMavs
04-10-2018, 09:03 AM

Brazil
04-10-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm clearly not convinced that Kawhi is a massive faggot and blabla BUT I'm very disappointed he is not here on the bench for a PO game clincher tbh.. very very disappointing

Brazil
04-10-2018, 09:30 AM
and I voted yes to the poll

dbreiden83080
04-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Duh.. He checked out mentally on this season about 2 months ago..

dbreiden83080
04-10-2018, 09:34 AM
One thing I will never forgive this guy for is that he pulled this act probably knowing and watching 50 year-old Manu fight his hearts out for the team one last time ..

He doesn't give the slightest of crap about dudes he went to war with and won championships..

This has been the weirdest thing i have ever seen in the NBA. But i guess he goes this off-season? And whoever gets him is getting a potential superstar with lots of baggage. Soft and not really about the team. He showed that.

superbigtime
04-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Just a maddening lack of respect for everyone..Should have declared himself out for the season January and no one will hold it against him..This team could have fuckin' salvaged a 3rd seed without the cloud that's been hanging over them all year..

Manu amazed me last night. Fk Kiwi.

kaji157
04-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Kiwi it's going all out on his stupidity.
If he had declared himself out for the season, the spurs would have easily hit 55 wins.
The problem for the sore ass??
It would have raised a lot of questions about how good he really is if his absence means only one playoff spot.
Kiwi tried hard for his absence to be noticed.

The spurs are still a playoff team without him, and i wouldn't be surprised if they get to the second round.

Ice009
04-10-2018, 10:19 AM
The spurs are still a playoff team without him, and i wouldn't be surprised if they get to the second round.

How are they going to get to the second round? It looks like they'll be the 7th seed after losing in New Orleans. OKC plays Memphis at home, so that's a win for them, Utah and Portland can't drop below the Spurs as they'll only have 33 or 34 losses. The Spurs have to win against New Orleans if they don't want to be playing the Warriors or Rockets in round 1. They could even drop to 8th if Denver get in, I think.

BillMc
04-10-2018, 10:33 AM
"Nope; the Rehab Playoffs start simultaneously in New York City"

:lol:toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2018, 10:36 AM
If he doesn't support his team during the playoffs he should be traded. I'm the biggest Kawhi homer out there, but as the supposed "team leader" he should lead. Timmy would be coaching from the bench if he wasn't playing. In fact he did that on so many nights.

I'm surprised Kawhi didn't learn anything from playing with the most amazing example of a team player in pro sports history.

cd98
04-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Obviously, he's not playing. So this intense rehab that he's doing can take a break as he won't step on the court again to play for about 6-7 months. If he's not on the bench, then he's not supporting his team.

BackHome
04-10-2018, 10:56 AM
With his condition the only rehab is doing nothing and taking it easy. Though I think a year off is a tad bit much for anyone who has this injury. If he is not at every game then Trade him and be done with alll this drama.

daslicer
04-10-2018, 11:50 AM
If he doesn't support his team during the playoffs he should be traded. I'm the biggest Kawhi homer out there, but as the supposed "team leader" he should lead. Timmy would be coaching from the bench if he wasn't playing. In fact he did that on so many nights.

I'm surprised Kawhi didn't learn anything from playing with the most amazing example of a team player in pro sports history.

He's a dumb mute so I'm not surprised he didn't learn anything from playing with Tim.

SpursforSix
04-10-2018, 11:51 AM
I can't see it.

That would be so awkward.

SpurPadre
04-10-2018, 12:20 PM
No, Kawhi is The Anti-Willis Reed, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2018, 12:22 PM

duncan2k5
04-10-2018, 01:10 PM
U guys are sick individuals...mad at kawhi for being injured...unbelievable...and how is he not supporting the team when he is said to always be in the building doing stuff, talking to guys, etc? I guess positive news about kawhi doesnt count bexause the narrative is more fun

TXstbobcat
04-10-2018, 01:14 PM

He would actually have to suit up and play to be considered a 2nd option.

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 01:16 PM
So he wasn't there last night either? Fuck this guy.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 01:17 PM
:lmao

SuperCam
04-10-2018, 01:18 PM
U guys are sick individuals...mad at kawhi for being injured...unbelievable...and how is he not supporting the team when he is said to always be in the building doing stuff, talking to guys, etc? I guess positive news about kawhi doesnt count bexause the narrative is more fun

when you've missed a spot does Kiwi tell you to keep wiping or does he have his uncle tell you for him, tbh?

FvckMavs
04-10-2018, 01:22 PM
when you've missed a spot does Kiwi tell you to keep wiping or does he have his uncle tell you for him, tbh?

Ice009
04-10-2018, 01:47 PM

How do you know he's there? I thought he was still in New York.

And is anyone from the San Antonio media going to ask how his progress is going? It's almost playoff time, and if they don't ask before the playoffs start, then that would be beyond pathetic.

KDKSpurs24
04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
How do you know he's there? I thought he was still in New York.

And is anyone from the San Antonio media going to ask how his progress is going? It's almost playoff time, and if they don't ask before the playoffs start, then that would be beyond pathetic.
They have asked.. and they get the same answer. “He’ll play when he’s ready OR when he and his group feels he’s ready”.

loveforthegame
04-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Where’s Woj when you need him? He’s been silent for awhile now. Guess both sides have stopped leaking stuff.

MoSpur02
04-10-2018, 02:07 PM
I think the Spurs players have accepted the fact that Kawhi isn't coming back. I held out hope for a long time. Recently I just told myself he ain't coming back. Now I can actually enjoy watching this team pull together and try to win ball games.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 02:36 PM

So funny...Because between you and me, you know that I'm the guy buying tickets to see the Spurs without Kawhi.

A troll online won't tell me things about the Spurs when I spend my money on them.

But if Pop has finally realized -after he's paying $48M to Gasol, $50M to Patty, and making a new Parker's deal for the max slot they have without Kawhi- he should give tickets to loyal fans...He just needs to send me one PM/DM here, on Tw/IG. Just do it, Pop.

cd98
04-10-2018, 02:37 PM
There is no sign he's coming back. Kawhi is not coming back. Lost season.

pad300
04-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Dabom better hope he does...

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 02:50 PM
"50 year-old Manu fight his hearts out for the team one last time"

THIS from the guy who said after last Clippers game that Manu should retire?

Now it's about Kawhi, a week ago it was about Manu, about Parker, about Mills, about Gasol...Like last season it was about LMA.

Don't try to say you're a loyal fan, you're just SHIT.

Robz4000
04-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Nope only because :lol rehab playoffs

kaji157
04-10-2018, 03:04 PM
How are they going to get to the second round? It looks like they'll be the 7th seed after losing in New Orleans. OKC plays Memphis at home, so that's a win for them, Utah and Portland can't drop below the Spurs as they'll only have 33 or 34 losses. The Spurs have to win against New Orleans if they don't want to be playing the Warriors or Rockets in round 1. They could even drop to 8th if Denver get in, I think.

This team can beat an unhealthy Warriors team, and CP3 will get Injured in the first round for sure. All the other teams are beatable even if they are complete.

acoelho1
04-10-2018, 03:16 PM

I can't speak for everyone but I'm not mad at him being injured but as a superstar in this league, he has an obligation to communicate to the fans. Can you imagine LeBron sitting out most of the year and not even giving one sit down interview. This has been handled poorly by him and his camp and there is no 2 ways about it. This league was built upon the fans and how does it help to alienate the very people that support the game that allows you to make millions. I'm not asking for him to come back and play if he's injured but this radio silence is beyond maddening.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 03:18 PM
It might even be awkward since aside from Danny texting him he doesn't keep himself involved with what's going on.

You know that Danny didn't say just "texting", he said last week that "Kawhi's in the facility, he's at the arena, he's still there, they communicate, they still talk and check up on him, he still works out with our training staff"

Where’s Woj when you need him? He’s been silent for awhile now. Guess both sides have stopped leaking stuff.

I'd love to read some Woj about this. It would sounds like...

"When Danny Green was asked about Leonard on the bench rooting for his teammates, he said, "Sure, we support each other, Kawhi is part of us"

"Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili on Leonard "Was he on the bench? Was behind us? Do you have a pic? Yes? Oh, you're right he was there"
Parked added "I thought it was Brandon, after all, both guys only plays on the defensive end. However, why do they let him open? Do you say he's not playing? Didn't realize until you told me that"

Woj's crazy reports :lol

spurs1990
04-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Come on guys we're being far too harsh, and have to understand all of this from Leonard's point of view.

Because after the $19 million he made this year, and then the $20 million he gets next year, he only has $21 million left on this contract.
I can totally see how he doesn't want to endanger his future real earnings by possibly getting hurt before he can cash in this summer.

/sarcasm

Anyway, the truth of the matter is at least he isn't going to take up a seat on the bench forcing one of the Spurs players who does dress to have to sit on the floor.
There's a real positive for the team.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 03:26 PM
I can't speak for everyone but I'm not mad at him being injured but as a superstar in this league, he has an obligation to communicate to the fans...Can you imagine LeBron sitting out most of the year and not even giving one sit down interview....I'm not asking for him to come back and play if he's injured but this radio silence is beyond maddening.

If we're gonna act like he didn't give an interview saying he's injured, trying to improve, talking with Pop, being a Spur for life...

He's already spoken. It seems like no one took the time to listen to him.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 03:32 PM
You know that Danny didn't say just "texting", he said last week that "Kawhi's in the facility, he's at the arena, he's still there, they communicate, they still talk and check up on him, he still works out with our training staff"
He has been at the facility at times sure, when he was trying to come back in early March and before the team meeting. It has been a rare sighting. sure he's talking to the training staff bc he has to... It doesn't mean much for leadership or in support of his teammates.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 03:49 PM
He has been at the facility at times sure, when he was trying to come back in early March and before the team meeting. It has been a rare sighting. sure he's talking to the training staff bc he has to... It doesn't mean much for leadership or in support of his teammates.

"In early March and before the team meeting" means...all the time he was in SA after he traveled to NYC on February.

He was in all home games until the last week he traveled to NYC again.

He was supporting his teammates all time, as Danny said in different interviews, when Kawhi wasn't in SA, he was close to them, too.

"We’re teammates, we’re family at the end of the day. We still keep in touch via text. What’s going on? How’s everything going? You know, ‘Rehabbing here, rehabbing there, feeling good."

"We all text him. We're in touch with him. He's still a very much part of this group"

This doesn't fit into the narrative of this type of threads.

duncan2k5
04-10-2018, 03:51 PM

So pretty much he can't win... When shown that he is actually doing the things u guys are saying he needs to do... U say he is doing it because he HAS to... I wish I had ur mind reading abilities

spurraider21
04-10-2018, 04:39 PM

acoelho1
04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
If we're gonna act like he didn't give an interview saying he's injured, trying to improve, talking with Pop, being a Spur for life...

He's already spoken. It seems like no one took the time to listen to him.

Let me clarify my point since it went over your head. He hasn't done enough to clarify what is going on with his injury. If he did, his own teammates wouldn't need to call a meeting to get a status report. If he did, there wouldn't be media reports of him coming back on a certain date only for it not to happen. His last presser he said he was expecting to come back soon and we're one game before the playoffs and it still hasn't happen. Imagine if Kawhi played for NY or LA, there is no way the media would allow this bs to continue and I'm not talking about the injury itself but his approach of not communicating what the hell is going on. I've never seen anything like it. As a fan of his and the team, it has been a real disappointment.

BillMc
04-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Come on guys we're being far too harsh, and have to understand all of this from Leonard's point of view.

Because after the $19 million he made this year, and then the $20 million he gets next year, he only has $21 million left on this contract.
I can totally see how he doesn't want to endanger his future real earnings by possibly getting hurt before he can cash in this summer.

/sarcasm

Anyway, the truth of the matter is at least he isn't going to take up a seat on the bench forcing one of the Spurs players who does dress to have to sit on the floor.
There's a real positive for the team.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 04:47 PM
I guess with how this has gone, it should not be expected but with how long Kawhi has been in NY no updates? No public congratulations to his teammates that without him fought and clawed their way to the playoffs?

Raven
04-10-2018, 04:49 PM

it would have happened by now

BillMc
04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Maybe the Spurs will draw the Warriors in the first round. And maybe Zaza will cheapshot Manu or LMA and while they're laying on the ground and the refs are distracted, Kawhi will come running out of the stands pro wrestling style, takeout Zaza and DurBeta and Donkey, and then score 35 for a win.

But somehow I doubt it.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Let me clarify my point since it went over your head. He hasn't done enough to clarify what is going on with his injury. If he did, his own teammates wouldn't need to call a meeting to get a status report. If he did, there wouldn't be media reports of him coming back on a certain date only for it not to happen. His last presser he said he was expecting to come back soon and we're one game before the playoffs and it still hasn't happen. Imagine if Kawhi played for NY or LA, there is no way the media would allow this bs to continue and I'm not talking about the injury itself but his approach of not communicating what the hell is going on. I've never seen anything like it. As a fan of his and the team, it has been a real disappointment.

Kawhi had setbacks after he said he would came back soon, Danny said it, RC said the same since one day..."his rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion”

A player wants to return and his body doesn't allow him to do it. It isn't the first time this happens in the league.

Do you want that Kawhi to say this? At some point, he will do it. It's too early to talk about his injury again, when the team has playoffs games to play..

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Official: Kawhi will not return for the regular season. Rule out already for NO. Shocker.

Would be nice to know how his trip to NY has gone. Has he made progress?

Spurs9
04-10-2018, 05:16 PM
It doesn’t look like he will be back to play another game with the Spurs. No update and not being near the team isn’t a good sign. Too many uncertainties that I don’t see how the Spurs would pony up a Supermax a player who uses his own training staff and leaves the team in the dark for a entire season. How much longer would he sit out after he got a supermax and had a worse injury like PG? Did he even have surgery on the injury? I understand Kawhi is quiet but he’s not even around, and much less doesn’t even trust the Spurs organization for rehab.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 05:16 PM
No public congratulations to his teammates that without him fought and clawed their way to the playoffs?

I wonder when Kawhi sent public congratulations to someone in previous years? Kawhi didn't have FB/IG, only a Tw account..He didn't tweet since 2015.

He could have called everyone to congrat but we won't know this from him, he won't make it public.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Why would he send public congrats in previous years when he was playing? He’s not with the team; he’s away from them in NY and one would think there would be some type of update to his progress and/or a public “great job way to fight!” Since he’s broken up about not being able to be there and so proud of his team, right?

BillMc
04-10-2018, 05:32 PM
There is no good excuse for him not being there to support his teammates during home games that I can see. Not for this long. He's supposed to be the leader of the franchise, or at least professional. Doctors' alleged mistakes, or Pops remarks, or Pau and Patty's contracts or team meetings, or desire for shoe contracts, or wanting to live in LA or "protecting himself for that next big contract" don't justify that. Even bleeping Melo when he wanted out of Denver very publicly, was still there. As I said, the only way I would forgive him is if we find out Pop has told him to stay away from the team so there would be less distractions or to protect Kawhi from abuse from irate fans in the stands who think he should be playing. Barring that, no matter the situation, he should be there.

NY to SA is what? 3 hours by direct flight? You could literally get up early and rehab with your private doctors until 3 PM and still make most home games.

As Bartleby / Kawhi said "I prefer not to."

daslicer
04-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Why would he send public congrats in previous years when he was playing? He’s not with the team; he’s away from them in NY and one would think there would be some type of update to his progress and/or a public “great job way to fight!” Since he’s broken up about not being able to be there and so proud of his team, right?

I attended a Spurs vs Hornets in game in Charlotte back in 12-13 season in which Kawhi didn't play. I think he had the same type of injury at that time. When I was at that game I was a few a rows behind court side and saw Kawhi behind the Spurs bench dressed in street clothes. I remember hearing at the time that even though he couldn't play that he wanted to be with the team. To me it's amazing how distant he is now from the Spurs. I do believe it all has to do with his POS Uncle brainwashing him to hate San Antonio.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 05:42 PM
I mean, the entire basketball world is giving SA props for making the playoffs for 21 straight years; a truly remarkable feat giving the circumstances.

Kawhi is not dumb. He knows the optics of everthing. He see’s the fans dying for the playoffs and the team, especially the older guys like Manu, giving their all to deliver the playoffs. Kawhi, even if it’s not the “norm” for him should be happy and should know that saying something publicly would go a long way to showing the fans and his teammates he’s there with them even when he’s not.

May sound trivial but that’s the way this stuff works.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 05:53 PM
I mean, the entire basketball world is giving SA props for making the playoffs for 21 straight years; a truly remarkable feat giving the circumstances.

Kawhi is not dumb. He knows the optics of everthing. He see’s the fans dying for the playoffs and the team, especially the older guys like Manu, giving their all to deliver the playoffs. Kawhi, even if it’s not the “norm” for him should be happy and should know that saying something publicly would go a long way to showing the fans and his teammates he’s there with them even when he’s not.

May sound trivial but that’s the way this stuff works.

If he was KD of that type of player that tells media and fans what they want to hear...Obviously he should do it.

But you know that Kawhi's not that guy.

It would easy for him to call his social media manager or his agent "hey..make sure people know I congrat my guys for making playoffs"

Again, that's not him.

That's why I trusted him when he said he wanted to be a Spur for life..Obviously injuries, trades can happen. But since he doesn't give a shit about media/what other people think about him, I truly believe he was sincere.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 06:05 PM
That’s a reasonable stance. However he has to know that many fans don’t feel that way and it’s pretty dismissive of the fan base to not celebrate with team with him not playing, not being there and giving 0 updates since leaving the team in the middle of a huge playoff push to rehab in NY.

SpursDynasty85
04-10-2018, 06:07 PM
If he was KD of that type of player that tells media and fans what they want to hear...Obviously he should do it.

But you know that Kawhi's not that guy.

It would easy for him to call his social media manager or his agent "hey..make sure people know I congrat my guys for making playoffs"

Again, that's not him.

That's why I trusted him when he said he wanted to be a Spur for life..Obviously injuries, trades can happen. But since he doesn't give a shit about media/what other people think about him, I truly believe he was sincere.

I hope you're right but you know the Spurs would like him to be more vocal. His absence has really affected the locker room. Understandably he has a lot of say in what he wants to do but if your employer is giving you 20 mill and they want you to speak up and be more vocal, resisting that could be a sign of dissent and something deeper. I'm sure the whole Spurs organization hates this circus. Media running wild doesn't help.

daslicer
04-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Kawhi reporting to his uncle during the playoffs:

wQV0sSUBRfk

tholdren
04-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Durbeta

Russ
04-10-2018, 06:40 PM

How long does it take for a light to turn green?

In case people haven't noticed, Kawhi is now a "nonperson" in the Spurs world.

The broadcasts never even mention him now. That likely comes "straight from the top" as Jack would say. (Even the imbicileic Matt Bonner knows not to let his name slip out.)

The reporters know better than to ask Pop a question about "him" -- he no longer exists.

duncan2k5
04-10-2018, 06:49 PM

His teammates didn't call a meeting... Tony Parker called it... No one is gonna not show up when a HOF player calls a meeting... Regardless of whether or not they feel the same way he does... (which they reportedly don't)

duncan2k5
04-10-2018, 06:51 PM
It doesn’t look like he will be back to play another game with the Spurs. No update and not being near the team isn’t a good sign. Too many uncertainties that I don’t see how the Spurs would pony up a Supermax a player who uses his own training staff and leaves the team in the dark for a entire season. How much longer would he sit out after he got a supermax and had a worse injury like PG? Did he even have surgery on the injury? I understand Kawhi is quiet but he’s not even around, and much less doesn’t even trust the Spurs organization for rehab.

Literally everything u said is untrue

Keepin' it real
04-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Serious question for non-snowflake Spurs fans only, not for Kawhi player fans or anyone who needs a safe space on a regular basis:

Do you fear that Kawhi is (at least a little) mentally challenged?

He almost NEVER talks, and that's not hyperbole. The rare times he does talk, he sounds like a shy uneducated 10 year old. Is that why his uncle has taken over? Because Kawhi lacks the mental capacity to handle his own affairs, so the family has intervened on his behalf.

bic50
04-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Serious question for non-snowflake Spurs fans only, not for Kawhi player fans or anyone who needs a safe space on a regular basis:

He almost NEVER talks, and that's not hyperbole. The rare times he does talk, he sounds like a shy uneducated 10 year old. Is that why his uncle has taken over? Because Kawhi lacks the mental capacity to handle his own affairs, so the family has intervened on his behalf.
I don't think so

Leetonidas
04-10-2018, 06:54 PM
No. Hes mentally raped after the team called his bitch ass out. He ain't coming back. So no point in hoping he's sitting on the bench chewing on his tongue with a glazed look in his eyes like an autist

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 06:56 PM
I hope you're right but you know the Spurs would like him to be more vocal. His absence has really affected the locker room. Understandably he has a lot of say in what he wants to do but if your employer is giving you 20 mill and they want you to speak up and be more vocal, resisting that could be a sign of dissent and something deeper. I'm sure the whole Spurs organization hates this circus. Media running wild doesn't help.

As tholdren says... "YGWHI knows shit" :D

Seriously, we don't know if they asked him to talk with media. In fact, this team has always been secretive I doubt they want to let the door open to media guys, asking Kawhi to give more interviews.

I get your point, I'm just saying that there are too much speculations on something that could be as simple -and worrisome- as a severe quad injury.

We won't know the truth until the summer.

UZER
04-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Literally everything u said is untrue

Thank you Jake Skywalker.

Leetonidas
04-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Sad to see posters like duncan2k5 so incredibly in denial and making excuses for Leonard's sorry ass left and right. Smh

bic50
04-10-2018, 07:01 PM

Wtf? Kl literally won those same awards and was a better offensive player. The last part is just stupid.

bic50
04-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Sad to see posters like duncan2k5 so incredibly in denial and making excuses for Leonard's sorry ass left and right. Smh
Damn some of you are taking this pretty hard.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-10-2018, 07:05 PM

It's highly possible he does have aspergers... He does show the signs

acoelho1
04-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Kawhi had setbacks after he said he would came back soon, Danny said it, RC said the same since one day..."his rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion”

A player wants to return and his body doesn't allow him to do it. It isn't the first time this happens in the league.

Do you want that Kawhi to say this? At some point, he will do it. It's too early to talk about his injury again, when the team has playoffs games to play..

RC has been radio silent for quite awhile now. As for Danny, all he said is he had a few setbacks and didn’t give any indication of when or what happened. I don’t care what Danny says anyways. It’s like wanting to hear from Jordan and they trott out John Paxton to give us vague updates. Just look at what happened a few weeks ago. Pop intimated that we were reaching a deadline that it wouldn’t make sense to bring back Kawhi and what happened, Kawhi was back with his team shortly there after and said he would be back soon. Pop was asked the same question again a week or so ago and he basically said why would we put a deadline on it. It seems pretty clear Kawhi and/or his camp wasn’t happy about the not so subtle pressure from Pop. Nevertheless, I don’t care if he’s injured but his stature in the game require more than he has given in terms of his status. If you don’t think this whole thing is extremely bizarre than you must be his biggest KL fanboy.

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 07:13 PM

Do you know his history? duncan2k5 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=237) is a survivor, you have to be tough to live some situations in real life. I guess that's why he feels empathy for Kawhi.

Sure, this guy, me, you, someone else could be in denial. At least he's loyal. Gotta respect it.

After I read his posts about hurricane I felt so dumb for worrying about stupid things in my life.

Again, better to be loyal than being like other Spurs fans here "Manu's God" yesterday... "Manu should retire" after Clips game....

duncan2k5
04-10-2018, 07:20 PM

You'll see...

YGWHI
04-10-2018, 07:30 PM
If you don’t think this whole thing is extremely bizarre than you must be his biggest KL fanboy.
I would think is bizarre if we're talking about a player who usually makes things public, deal with media every night and shows his life.

Just an example. LeBron, Manu, Parker, every player has pics of his kids on social media. Can you find a photo of Kawhi's baby girl?

He won't talk about everything what fans want to hear, he won't show anything to the world.

However, I guess he'll talk about his injury in next days/weeks.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Rumor has it Kawhi is still slouched over in a port-a-potty in New York trying to wipe his ass

tbdog
04-10-2018, 07:51 PM
So he is out for the last game.

Joseph Kony
04-10-2018, 08:16 PM
Do you know his history? duncan2k5 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=237) is a survivor, you have to be tough to live some situations in real life. I guess that's why he feels empathy for Kawhi.

Sure, this guy, me, you, someone else could be in denial. At least he's loyal. Gotta respect it.

After I read his posts about hurricane I felt so dumb for worrying about stupid things in my life.

Again, better to be loyal than being like other Spurs fans here "Manu's God" yesterday... "Manu should retire" after Clips game....

:lol what does that have to do with Kawhi being a little bitch? grasping at straws tbh...

MoSpur02
04-10-2018, 09:26 PM
The whole situation is mess, which is why it's best not to address when the team needs to focus on the playoffs.

He's handled this injury/situation all wrong. If he was a scrub no one would care and wouldn't expect him to say anything, but this guy is a top 5 player on the entire league. Injured or not he should have spoken to the public more than once.

BillMc
04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
He showed up for the team picture.

Brazil
04-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Can somebody shoot duncan2k5 in the head please ?

I cant stand seeing him spamming same shit over and over

Brazil
04-10-2018, 09:52 PM

If spurs win he may come for the final game and take a picture... who knows...

Russ
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM

No sense breaching a $19,000,000 contract.

UZER
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM
If spurs win he may come for the final game and take a picture... who knows...

I’ve said worse case for Kawhi is team gets to WCF without him. I’m confident the Spurs have a realistic chance to beat the rockets in the first or second round.

noles1983
04-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Cant believe this faggot gets to collect a paycheck all year

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Ice009
04-10-2018, 10:53 PM
When are we going to get info on his current progress and playoff status????????

tholdren
04-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Cant believe this faggot gets to collect a paycheck all year

I told all of you

DPG21920
04-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Can somebody shoot duncan2k5 in the head please ?

I cant stand seeing him spamming same shit over and over

Dude - that’s way too far.

jbspurs
04-11-2018, 12:38 AM

Exactly! He doesn't care about fans and teammates. Other stars will be on the bench, to support team and keep fans informed on what is going on. I hope the Spurs trade him to a lottery team.

John B
04-11-2018, 12:43 AM
They’re in so no reason to play or sit in the bench. I think Kawhi went to NY to get that okay to be back and steal that game 1 from Dubs without them expecting Kawhi back. It has 2014 written all over it. Go Spurs Go :flag:

offset formation
04-11-2018, 01:21 AM

Pretty much, exactly this.

Stabula
04-11-2018, 02:29 AM
:lobt:

BillMc
04-11-2018, 03:02 AM
I wonder if there is any chance that Kawhi, his uncle or "group" told PATFO that he'd be asking for a trade when the season was over, but they informed the Spurs relatively recently, and after this season's deadline. At that point maybe Pop decided it was best to have Kawhi away from the team.

Not sure that is likely for many reasons, including Kawhi would be ending any chance at the supermax. But if the Spurs already told him the supermax was not happening, that could be a reaction.

All BS speculation on my part. But writing this up beats actually doing my job. If Kawhi doesn't have to work, why should I? I don't make 19 mill....

Brazil
04-11-2018, 05:29 AM
Dude - that’s way too far.

:lol yes mum

SAGirl
04-11-2018, 06:09 AM
I wonder if there is any chance that Kawhi, his uncle or "group" told PATFO that he'd be asking for a trade when the season was over, but they informed the Spurs relatively recently, and after this season's deadline. At that point maybe Pop decided it was best to have Kawhi away from the team.

Not sure that is likely for many reasons, including Kawhi would be ending any chance at the supermax. But if the Spurs already told him the supermax was not happening, that could be a reaction.

All BS speculation on my part. But writing this up beats actually doing my job. If Kawhi doesn't have to work, why should I? I don't make 19 mill....
No. This is all a convoluted explanation you are coming up with to explain Kiwi not caring about showing the fans and team support in that way. Pop asking him to stay away doesn’t make any sense.

UZER
04-11-2018, 07:48 AM
No. This is all a convoluted explanation you are coming up with to explain Kiwi not caring about showing the fans and team support in that way. Pop asking him to stay away doesn’t make any sense.

You’ve got to remember, half the stuff Pop does doesn’t make sense.

duncan2k5
04-11-2018, 09:13 AM

Pop said out of his own mouth that sitting on the bench is great, but it is much more productive to be using that time rehabbing

SAGirl
04-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Pop said out of his own mouth that sitting on the bench is great, but it is much more productive to be using that time rehabbing
Pop was covering for Kawhi when he said that. Kawhi doesn't need to rehab 24/7... he can attend a game if he wants to.

Keepin' it real
04-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Pop was covering for Kawhi when he said that. Kawhi doesn't need to rehab 24/7... he can attend a game if he wants to.

But Kawhi is a millennial, and the Spurs hurt his feelings with that team-only meeting. So Kawhi now retreats to a safe space during Spurs games.

Poor Kawhi, a bullying victim if ever there was one.

Russ
04-11-2018, 05:12 PM
But Kawhi is a millennial, and the Spurs hurt his feelings with that team-only meeting.

Guys from Compton aren't "Millennials." :) (Especially guys with cornrows.)

TheDoctor
04-11-2018, 06:06 PM
They’re in so no reason to play or sit in the bench. I think Kawhi went to NY to get that okay to be back and steal that game 1 from Dubs without them expecting Kawhi back. It has 2014 written all over it. Go Spurs Go :flag:
Hope you're right :toast

dbestpro
04-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Guys from Compton aren't "Millennials." :) (Especially guys with cornrows.)

Selfish, thug?

spursistan
04-13-2018, 11:53 AM
If he isn't in the arena tomorrow, he is dead for me..It is over really..

spursistan
04-13-2018, 08:08 PM

Just beyond pathetic.

I don't think there is a coming back from this. He just doesn't feel part of the team anymore and he makes no fuss of it really.. I expect the Spurs to trade him in next few months..

BillMc
04-13-2018, 08:23 PM

this

duncan2k5
04-14-2018, 03:22 AM
So anything positive the team says about Kawhi, they're lying... So only the negative stuff is true... Noted...

polandprzem
04-14-2018, 04:49 AM
He is NOT with the team

polandprzem
04-14-2018, 04:50 AM
So anything positive the team says about Kawhi, they're lying... So only the negative stuff is true... Noted...

He is not there to contribute even from the bench. Other then he is probable for game 3 I do not see any excuse him not being there.

BillMc
04-14-2018, 04:52 AM
He is NOT with the team
:bang

SAGirl
04-14-2018, 08:43 AM
Making excuses for him is not positive.

San Antonio Slayer
04-14-2018, 08:57 AM
If he isn't in the arena tomorrow,
he will play game 3, trust the Claw

jbspurs
04-14-2018, 09:01 AM
There's is no way he will play this playoffs. This is not a picking game where he can just say he's ready to play the next day. Not joining the team even their home games says a lot. Doesn't care about the team, no respect to his teammates. He is done with the team. I don't even want him on the Spurs next year. I just hope we get quality player or players after Spurs trade his ass.

SAGirl
04-14-2018, 10:08 AM
There's is no way he will play this playoffs. This is not a picking game where he can just say he's ready to play the next day. Not joining the team even their home games says a lot. Doesn't care about the team, no respect to his teammates. He is done with the team. I don't even want him on the Spurs next year. I just hope we get quality player or players after Spurs trade his ass.
I have thought about this and him not being with the team makes it guaranteed he’s not coming back and the daily injury list is a formality bc he’s missed even video sessions and strategy discussions, game plans with the team etc.

spursistan
04-14-2018, 10:21 AM
I have thought about this and him not being with the team makes it guaranteed he’s not coming back and the daily injury list is a formality bc he’s missed even video sessions and strategy discussions, game plans with the team etc.
I have never seen a more pronounced quitting on a team than this. Ok, it is fine you shouldn't come back, but couldn't the rehab wait for another week now that you will have five extra months to do it in the off-season? How the hell is he lacking this much sense to fail at showing public and private support for the team that pays him 19 millions?

This is inexcusable and beyond pathetic. He has bailed on the Spurs franchise. No way to spin it.

BillMc
04-14-2018, 10:25 AM
I have never seen a more pronounced quitting on a team than this. Ok, it is fine you shouldn't come back, but couldn't the rehab wait for another week now that you will have five extra months to do it in the off-season? How the hell is he lacking this much sense to show public and private support for the team that pays him 19 millions?

This is inexcusable and beyond pathetic. He has bailed on the Spurs franchise. No way to spin it.

I guess he thinks that new shoe deal will make up for supermax he's not going to get now. Such an odd situation but I can't disagree with your conclusion.

spursistan
04-14-2018, 10:34 AM
I guess he thinks that new shoe deal will make up for supermax he's not going to get now. Such an odd situation but I can't disagree with your conclusion.
I'm utterly baffled. Right now, you would be hard pressed to not venture to a place where one is questioning the guy's mental state..

cd98
04-14-2018, 10:45 AM

Just beyond pathetic.

I don't think there is a coming back from this. He just doesn't feel part of the team anymore and he makes no fuss of it really.. I expect the Spurs to trade him in next few months..

He may not be on the team bus, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t fly in later and meet up. It’ll be interesting to see if he joins the team at some point in the first round.

pad300
04-14-2018, 10:56 AM

The Dabom prayer!

wut
04-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Just to beat a dead horse, it's pretty obvious that things are beyond repair. Any mature adult would fess up and say sorry and be a decent team member and cheer his team on when he's not able to be out there. The lack of presence and leadership says it all.

It doesn't matter how good of a player he is, the Spurs deserve better, the fans deserve better. The lack of respect given to everyone involved is somewhat shocking.

BackHome
04-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Fuck this dude can’t wait to get rid of him and going to love to see him handle his other teams press. The press stayed away from Kawhi cause they were scarred of Pop without him having his back the video camera are going to be up in his grill.

Leetonidas
04-14-2018, 01:00 PM
As a Spurs fan who enjoyed the beautiful game its gonna be nice to trade Kawhiso in the summer for multiple pieces and a high draft pick to get some new blood and youth in here tbh.

bklynspursfan
04-14-2018, 01:01 PM
Like I said somewhere else, Kerr is close with Pop. He has said his coaching staff would be caught off guard if Kawhi plays. He knows Kawhi isnt returning

TheGreatYacht
04-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Why would Kawhi be scared of another team's press? He's a top 2 player in the world and a champion :lol

PATFO let Kawhi down. Not the other way around.

jbspurs
04-14-2018, 01:09 PM
I have never seen a more pronounced quitting on a team than this. Ok, it is fine you shouldn't come back, but couldn't the rehab wait for another week now that you will have five extra months to do it in the off-season? How the hell is he lacking this much sense to fail at showing public and private support for the team that pays him 19 millions?

IMO, What Kawhi is doing, surpassed what LeBron did when he left Cavs. At least LeBron did it during off season.

spursistan
04-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Firmly believe he has played his last game for the Spurs. Good fuckin' riddance ..

This franchise is too big, too prideful to be supplicating to this pussy bitch..We've just had Timothy Theodore Duncan for 20 years in case some suffer of amnesia..

Fire-up that trade machine..

jbspurs
04-14-2018, 01:18 PM

Exactly, He's not that injured not to be able to join and support his teammates.

djohn2oo8
04-14-2018, 01:22 PM
The nigga still drives a 97 tahoe in 2018. He's not to be trusted.

TheDoctor
04-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Don't play like that w/ dabom's feelings homie. Don't do that.

Budkin
04-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Why would Kawhi be scared of another team's press? He's a top 2 player in the world and a champion :lol

How exactly did PATFO let him down? Laughable.

dbreiden83080
04-14-2018, 02:10 PM

Explain in detail how he was let down? They didn't guarantee him a title or something? They had the nerve to sign someone without his permission? Who exactly do you think this clown is? And what was he entitled to exactly? It is the players job to play. He has no done his part. He failed his team and himself this season. He will regret this..

r0drig0lac
04-14-2018, 02:13 PM

dbreiden83080
04-14-2018, 02:14 PM
How exactly did PATFO let him down? Laughable.

Morons trolling say this. Players play.. All players at one point had to play on a team they were not happy to be on. Even all time greats asked to be traded, and relented when things improved or settled down.. Timmy considered Orlando questioning his own future with SA. But You don't lay down and quit. You don't blow off the season being salty about something..

BackHome
04-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Or the little ship. Lol

MannyIsGod
04-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Fuck this dude honestly. This bitch getting 20 million a year to not play when healthy and he can't even sit on the fucking bench.

Budkin
04-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Fuck this dude honestly. This bitch getting 20 million a year to not play when healthy and he can't even sit on the fucking bench.

I didn't mind the not wanting to play to be cautious, but the fact that he can't even be with the team for a playoff game on the bench is pissing me off. If I had to guess I'd say it's because there's a group of players (Tony, Manu + more) that are fucking PISSED and he doesn't want to be around them.

spursistan
04-14-2018, 11:38 PM
And sure enough, as forward Pau Gasol shared pregame, they haven’t seen Leonard in weeks.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ner/517797002/

HE.QUIT

cd98
04-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Express News confirmed today that Kawhi is still in New York and that he's been there since mid-March.

Anyone thinking that he's coming back at any point in this series is delusional. I've always thought Spurs would re-sign him because of the money and you can't let that kind of asset go without compensation and they can't maximize a trade for him unless he's got at least 2 years on his contract. But I'm thinking more and more that this situation is so broken that it may not be repairable. I mean, why rehab in NY? If you were going to get well enough to play, you'd be in SA or Oakland. It's clear he's not going to be there in the next week, which is about all it will take for GSW to eliminate S.A. Why not just join your team and cheer them on unless you don't like them.

tholdren
04-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Express News confirmed today that Kawhi is still in New York and that he's been there since mid-March.

Anyone thinking that he's coming back at any point in this series is delusional. I've always thought Spurs would re-sign him because of the money and you can't let that kind of asset go without compensation and they can't maximize a trade for him unless he's got at least 2 years on his contract. But I'm thinking more and more that this situation is so broken that it may not be repairable. I mean, why rehab in NY? If you were going to get well enough to play, you'd be in SA or Oakland. It's clear he's not going to be there in the next week, which is about all it will take for GSW to eliminate S.A. Why not just join your team and cheer them on unless you don't like them.

Because hes a crybaby, soft, oft injured...

jermaine
04-15-2018, 11:01 AM
He's a retard that needs to be handled with care. I seriously thought he was a special breed, a true professional, a class act. He's just another rich bitch ass nigga that gets in his feelings.

tholdren
04-15-2018, 11:02 AM
He's a retard that needs to be handled with care. I seriously thought he was a special breed, a true professional, a class act. He's just another rich bitch ass nigga that gets in his feelings.

I was right all along

bklynspursfan
04-15-2018, 01:08 PM

Mugen
04-15-2018, 01:17 PM
:lol Damn, I honestly wonder if Kawhi and his posse will wait until the series is over to make the trade request public tbh

bklynspursfan
04-15-2018, 01:17 PM

tholdren
04-15-2018, 01:53 PM
:lol Damn, I honestly wonder if Kawhi and his posse will wait until the series is over to make the trade request public tbh

That would be the cowardly thing to do, so yes

bklynspursfan
04-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Injured New Orleans Pelicans center DeMarcus Cousins recently relocated back to his off-season home of Las Vegas to continue his six-day per week rehabilitation regimen from his torn Achilles' tendon injury, a source told ESPN's The Undefeated. The four-time NBA All-Star hopes to attend an upcoming Pelicans playoff game, but the source said such is difficult due to his rehab.

Cousins doing similar to Kawhi fwiw.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 04:11 PM

Not similar at all :lol

In fact, it’s the opposite. Cousins is communicating with both his team and the media letting everone know what’s up and showing public support. He see’s what everyone is saying with how Kyrie/Curry/etc.. are there and Kawhi is not.

He’s getting out ahead so there aren’t rumors. Plus the videos of him dancing in the locker room as NO made the playoffs.

FvckMavs
04-16-2018, 04:14 PM

Cousins got a real injury.

bklynspursfan
04-16-2018, 04:45 PM
Not similar at all :lol

In fact, it’s the opposite. Cousins is communicating with both his team and the media letting everone know what’s up and showing public support. He see’s what everyone is saying with how Kyrie/Curry/etc.. are there and Kawhi is not.

He’s getting out ahead so there aren’t rumors. Plus the videos of him dancing in the locker room as NO made the playoffs.

Similar in the fact that they're both not returning this year, both teams are in the playoffs, but both are choosing to continue their rehab sessions vs sitting on the bench.. I'm not talking about all the other craziness that's been happening.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Similar in the fact that they're both not returning this year, both teams are in the playoffs, but both are choosing to continue their rehab sessions vs sitting on the bench.. I'm not talking about all the other craziness that's been happening.

I know what you were meaning; was just pointing out the stark contrast on how it’s being handled by the player and received.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 12:57 AM
DeMarcus Cousins (left Achilles surgery) will be in New Orleans to watch the Pelicans play Game 3 on Thursday.

Cousins recently returned to his offseason home in Las Vegas, but he'll be rooting on his teammates in person as they look to take a dominant 3-0 series lead vs. the Blazers. His physical therapist will be traveling with him and he won't miss any rehab sessions, which he's been doing six days a week. As one of the biggest unrestricted free agents this offseason, Cousins' progress will be scrutinized even more than usual.

Play Boban
04-19-2018, 01:00 AM
DeMarcus Cousins (left Achilles surgery) will be in New Orleans to watch the Pelicans play Game 3 on Thursday.

Cousins recently returned to his offseason home in Las Vegas, but he'll be rooting on his teammates in person as they look to take a dominant 3-0 series lead vs. the Blazers. His physical therapist will be traveling with him and he won't miss any rehab sessions, which he's been doing six days a week. As one of the biggest unrestricted free agents this offseason, Cousins' progress will be scrutinized even more than usual.
Kawhi can go to o hell. Disgusting.

HarlemHeat37
04-19-2018, 01:01 AM
Apparently all these millionaires and their teams can accommodate rehab for star players except for the Spurs' millionaire star:lol

We'll see if he shows up tomorrow to support the team following the death of Pop's wife..it would be a new low if he doesn't..