PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: LMMFAO at Lakers fan.............

lebomb
04-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Hit up their message board, and the vast majority said they made the right pick of Zo at #2 in the draft. They also say......he was a better pick than Donovan Mitchell. :lmao:lmao:lmao

WTF basketball have yall niggas been watching? Donovan is a stud, Zo is borderline bust at this point. Watch any basketball footage of these two and its very clear who is better. :claw

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 11:06 AM
I will bite its Tatum who I wanted on draft day and still would want over Zo/Mitchell, so far ...Mitchell is explosive and flahier than Lonzo or TATUM...buy JT is the rookie i woumd want most (not couting Simmons)

Thebesteva
04-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Hit up their message board, and the vast majority said they made the right pick of Zo at #2 in the draft. They also say......he was a better pick than Donovan Mitchell. :lmao:lmao:lmao

WTF basketball have yall niggas been watching? Donovan is a stud, Zo is borderline bust at this point. Watch any basketball footage of these two and its very clear who is better. :claw

Most Laker fans on that board are pretty young man. I remember talking to the owner of the site back in 2010 and he told me the average age is about 19-23. The less basketball you see the less you understand.

After all my years of bball though I honestly dont know how I feel about Lonzo at the moment. He has moments where he seems very legit and then weeks where you're willing to trade him for a snickers bar.

Time will tell...but overall I love where the Lakers are at right now. If and its a big IF...they can resign the gang and somehow get a superstar we can finally enjoy watching the Lakers again. Honestly, at this point its been a few years since its even been enjoyable to watch the Lakers. Not even asking for a playoff run anymore...just entertain the people FFS.

MultiTroll
04-10-2018, 12:04 PM
I will bite its Tatum who I wanted on draft day and still would want over Zo/Mitchell, so far ...Mitchell is explosive and flahier than Lonzo or TATUM...buy JT is the rookie i woumd want most (not couting Simmons)
Killakobe81 keeping it real.

Are you the one and only real Laker poster?

btw I do not think Lonzo is a bust by any means. Dude is what, 20? To have that many assists and boards at that age is good, period. And they are not merely padded stats.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2018, 01:38 PM

btw I do not think Lonzo is a bust by any means. Dude is what, 20? To have that many assists and boards at that age is good, period. And they are not merely padded stats.
:lol They're almost entirely padded stats. He even has the Lakers' scorekeepers padding his assists for him.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 02:07 PM

i think he will be good but i think Tatum can be a star ...didnt see Mitchell coming tbh.
This reminds me of the Kat/Oak/Druss/porzy draft. Mitchell is the flashy Porzy pick everyone is infatuated but KAT even if overrated a bit that will be the better pro ...and was the guy i was sad we werent gonna get when we got the #2 spot ...
I like Ingram too think he will be very good but losing out on Simmons was a bummer ...
Only thing that may save Magic if Kuzma is a close approximation of Tatum ...it mitigates the sting a bit ...but lonzo gotta at least be very good.

Raven
04-10-2018, 02:11 PM
zo is not in the top 5 of this year's rookies, no matter how full retard one attempts to go

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 02:34 PM
zo is not in the top 5 of this year's rookies, no matter how full retard one attempts to go

if you count simmons its mitchell tatum kuzma and probably fox or dsjr ...Zo missed way to many games due to injury and deffered to much, and shot to streaky ...

Raven
04-10-2018, 02:47 PM
if you count simmons its mitchell tatum kuzma and probably fox or dsjr ...Zo missed way to many games due to injury and deffered to much, and shot to streaky ...

markannen, josh jackson, jarrett allen have all done very well and shown much more potential than zo.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 03:06 PM
markannen, josh jackson, jarrett allen have all done very well and shown much more potential than zo.

disagree that ALL of that group has shown more potential ...but they have been more consistently productive.
But you have banged the drum for Oak and shat on Randle so not sure your keen eye for talent scouting should be trusted ...:lol

Btw no one was banging the drum for Lakers to draft mitchell in fact, many so called experts thought DSjr would be roty if it wasnt Simmons.

Chris Fall
04-10-2018, 03:08 PM
I’d vote Simmons over Mitchell for ROY. I think he does more. The scoring difference isn’t as great when you realize Mitchell takes five more shots a game and Simmons doesn’t shoot threes. But the difference in other areas are also significant in favor of Simmons.

After Simmons, in order, the best rookies have been, basd mostly on overall statistical production:

D Mitchell
J Tatum
L Markannen
K Kuzma
B Bogdanovic

Ball isn’t top 5. Might not even be top 10 among rookies, but might be. He’s probably somewhere in that 8-15 range, depending how important you regard scoring as it relates to his game and his impact on the game. That’s obviously what he needs to figure out going forward. He takes nearly 6 threes a game, more than half his attempts but is a bad shooter. So he either has to learn how to shoot more efficiently or he has to decide if he’s going to focus on attacking the basket more and be efficient at the rim they way a guy like Tony was when he couldn’t hit three point jumpers. Figure out what he is on offense and he may become a pretty good player. Otherwise he may just end up being a taller version of Rajon Rondo offensively.

Raven
04-10-2018, 03:13 PM
disagree that ALL of that group has shown more potential ...but they have been more consistently productive.
But you have banged the drum for Oak and shat on Randle so not sure your keen eye for talent scouting should be trusted ...:lol

Btw no one was banging the drum for Lakers to draft mitchell in fact, many so called experts thought DSjr would be roty if it wasnt Simmons.

There's a difference between upside and production. Randle is JJ Hickson, he has literally one move in his arsenal, which is the weird floater after contact in the paint. You can imagine how likely is that to work in real games.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 03:50 PM
There's a difference between upside and production. Randle is JJ Hickson, he has literally one move in his arsenal, which is the weird floater after contact in the paint. You can imagine how likely is that to work in real games.

oak has shown little upside and far less production...

Raven
04-10-2018, 03:58 PM
oak has shown little upside and far less production...

right, but why are the two things supposed to be connected?

Chris Fall
04-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Comparing Randle to JJ Hickson is about as naive and silly as suggesting Lonzo Ball is a top 5 rookie. Randle’s ability to handle the ball especially in open court and be a pretty good playmaker for his position automatically sets him apart from the type of player Hickson was. In three seasons, Randle has already eclipsed Hickson’s career assist totals in about 300 fewer games. Now Randle isn’t great or anything and maybe he gets overrated by some Laker fans, but that comparison was shit.

Raven
04-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Comparing Randle to JJ Hickson is about as naive and silly as suggesting Lonzo Ball is a top 5 rookie. Randle’s ability to handle the ball especially in open court and be a pretty good playmaker for his position automatically sets him apart from the type of player Hickson was. In three seasons, Randle has already eclipsed Hickson’s career assist totals in about 300 fewer games. Now Randle isn’t great or anything and maybe he gets overrated by some Laker fans, but that comparison was shit.

I'm saying they are the same exact player. Randle's ballhandling is a constant lol to me, just because he handles the ball, doesn't mean he's good at it. If lakers had meaningful games he'd get yanked at the third offensive foul every game..

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 06:10 PM

Agreed ...
though Odom had great length and bit more skill ...there is SOME parallels...
Odom also had to develop range, was lefty dominant, and picked up sly offensive fouls because of it ...
Both were considered the top HS player in the nation
Odom had better vision but randle is stronger and more aggresive on offense ... Randle is good at defending pnr but odom was the better overall defender due to the length.

biggest difference though despite the common traits ...
Odom had a higher hoops IQ

Chris Fall
04-10-2018, 06:18 PM
How well or poorly you think Randle handles the ball is irrelevant. He does in fact handle the ball. Hickson didn’t handle the ball at all. It’s not about if he could or not. One guy handles the ball. The other didn’t. It’s a difference. Because Randle handles the ball, he does have some playmaking ability, particularly for his position. Hickson didn’t playmake at all. Dude averaged under 1 assist a game on his career. It’s a significant difference offensively that negates any notion that the two players are similar, let alone the same exact player. And you’re saying “same exact.”

The comparison is shit.

Raven
04-10-2018, 06:49 PM
How well or poorly you think Randle handles the ball is irrelevant. He does in fact handle the ball. Hickson didn’t handle the ball at all. It’s not about if he could or not. One guy handles the ball. The other didn’t. It’s a difference. Because Randle handles the ball, he does have some playmaking ability, particularly for his position. Hickson didn’t playmake at all. Dude averaged under 1 assist a game on his career. It’s a significant difference offensively that negates any notion that the two players are similar, let alone the same exact player. And you’re saying “same exact.”

The comparison is shit.
is it? I'd say it has more to do with the way they play than their overall skill. The way I see it the only tangible difference between the two is that hickson is taller, but that's about it. At the end of the day, their downfall is the same.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 07:02 PM
is it? I'd say it has more to do with the way they play than their overall skill. The way I see it the only tangible difference between the two is that hickson is taller, but that's about it. At the end of the day, their downfall is the same.

Still a bad comparison ...

BD24
04-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Lol at Raven still trying to salvage his shitty Okafor take. Okafor is hot garbage.

Also lol at his saying how likely is Randles move to work in "real games". WTF do you mean real games? Last time I checked Randle is playing in real games. Randles career has already eclipsed that of Hicksons tbh. He can carve out a role as a decent 7th man on a contender. He also brings much needed grit and leadership.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Lol at Raven still trying to salvage his shitty Okafor take. Okafor is hot garbage.

Also lol at his saying how likely is Randles move to work in "real games". WTF do you mean real games? Last time I checked Randle is playing in real games. Randles career has already eclipsed that of Hicksons tbh. He can carve out a role as a decent 7th man on a contender. He also brings much needed grit and leadership.

grit and toughness the Lakers lack wouldnt pay max $ for it but Lonzo and Ingram dont exude toughness.

BD24
04-10-2018, 09:56 PM
grit and toughness the Lakers lack wouldnt pay max $ for it but Lonzo and Ingram dont exude toughness.
Lakers should try and hang on to Randle if the price tag isn't to high. I imagine that some cellar dweller will overpay for him though.

Killakobe81
04-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Lakers should try and hang on to Randle if the price tag isn't to high. I imagine that some cellar dweller will overpay for him though.

Agree, but he is a local kid from DFW my guess is Cubes chases him ...

BD24
04-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Agree, but he is a local kid from DFW my guess is Cubes chases him ...
Wasn’t aware of that. You catch many Mavs games btw? I know you live up there

-21-
04-11-2018, 11:53 AM
To be fair, no one saw Mitchell coming. Fultz, Tatum, and Ball were the consensus top 3.