PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Spurs could be an analogy for this year?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 12:11 PM
The last time we had a team this bad and finished the #7 seed..... we did show resolve and beat one of the best teams in the West that year, sans HCA and a broken nose Manu.

Tough & gritty team with resolve even though we had guys buying Pop new cars out there with horrid free throw shooting.

Yeah, I know The Skunker and all, but it shouldn't have been that way. We should have won Games 1 & 3, the Dragic BS was flukey. Moving forward, we can definitely beat Portland more likely than that year's Nash Suns if we get past hobbling GSW in round 1.

(Assuming we lose in NOLA tomorrow and the Thunder take care of business at home vs sitting-duck Memphis).

K...
04-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Yeah this team has a prayer. If you don't have champion talent, then underdog spirit is the next best thing

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Yeah this team has a prayer. If you don't have champion talent, then underdog spirit is the next best thing

Eagles... Jason Kelce's parade rant

gospursgojas
04-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Tony Parker came off the bench that series and G hill had a hell of a series. Don’t think Dejonte is there yet. And the guy we traded Hill for will be in NY.

sananspursfan21
04-10-2018, 01:29 PM
That hobbling GS team is still lightyears ahead of that Dallas team in 2010. I get what you're saying and there are some similarities, but Golden Shower will still be a big uphill. I'm more than happy to be wrong though :)

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2018, 02:01 PM
That hobbling GS team is still lightyears ahead of that Dallas team in 2010. I get what you're saying and there are some similarities, but Golden Shower will still be a big uphill. I'm more than happy to be wrong though :)

I disagree. Carlisle is better than Kerr and prime Dirk was arguably the most unstoppable force in the league at the time, yes better than Durant. The Mavs were loaded and 1 year out from winning the championship in 2011. The Showers could be missing Eliancito or playing a 50% version of him. Thompson isn't 100%. Hold Durant to a reasonably inefficient TS% and we win.