PDA

View Full Version : Rest Aldridge, Manu, Gay and Green and take your chances with GSW/Hou

SpursFanInAustin
04-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Keep everyone healthy. No freak injuries in Game #82 (ala Manu in 2011).

Take your chances with a banged up Golden State team with no Curry or a Houston team that dominated most of the season but has toned it down the last few weeks as they have had nothing on the line to play for. I never underestimate Pop vs D'Antoni in a playoff series.

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Rest them for what? So they can get blown out by Golden State in five?

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-10-2018, 08:29 PM
lmao this is just pure paranoia. They don't fight all season to get to the playoffs just to rest. Shittiest thread I've seen in a while

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 08:33 PM
lmao this is just pure paranoia. They don't fight all season to get to the playoffs just to rest. Shittiest thread I've seen in a while

Should have rested when they were the 10 seed. Then they could have gotten the #14 pick instead of the #20 and a quick series loss to Golden State.

phxspurfan
04-10-2018, 08:34 PM
lol in 2011 we had a legit Big 3 and legit title hopes. Now we have LMA and some scrubs. Play them for their last 5 games of the year like they have all summer to rest up in Cancun and Vegas, and get arrested and shit.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Rest them for what? So they can get blown out by Golden State in five?

Golden State has been very average without Curry who won’t be there for the first round. I would not mind a GS matchup at all. Of course they would still be heavy favorites but they are no where near the same team without Curry.

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 08:59 PM
Golden State has been very average without Curry who won’t be there for the first round. I would not mind a GS matchup at all. Of course they would still be heavy favorites but they are no where near the same team without Curry.

I would hugely mind a GSW matchup. They're probably just being lazy with nothing to play for after losing the #1 seed to Houston. Considering the Spurs were down to GSW minus Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Green at the end of the third quarter in that game in San Antonio doesn't inspire a lot of faith in their chances IMO. Golden State will still have three of the four best players in the series and the only person the Spurs could ever throw on Durant isn't even coming to the game.

DPG21920
04-10-2018, 09:05 PM
I would hugely mind a GSW matchup. They're probably just being lazy with nothing to play for after losing the #1 seed to Houston. Considering the Spurs were down to GSW minus Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Green at the end of the third quarter in that game in San Antonio doesn't inspire a lot of faith in their chances IMO. Golden State will still have three of the four best players in the series and the only person the Spurs could ever throw on Durant isn't even coming to the game.

That’s a reasonable stance, but I do find it hard to believe that for nearly 15+ games they would be ok being lazy. They seem legitimately snake bitten right now and just not playing good basketball.

I think Curry is still massively underrated and while SA should not be expected to beat them, if you can get Danny/Kyle to give KD a tough-ish time that SA could be more competitive than people think (like a 6 or 7 game series).

baseline bum
04-10-2018, 09:13 PM
That’s a reasonable stance, but I do find it hard to believe that for nearly 15+ games they would be ok being lazy. They seem legitimately snake bitten right now and just not playing good basketball.

I think Curry is still massively underrated and while SA should not be expected to beat them, if you can get Danny/Kyle to give KD a tough-ish time that SA could be more competitive than people think (like a 6 or 7 game series).

Maybe, they really are getting their teeth kicked in by Utah with Durant playing all but 4 minutes of the first half. I still gotta give a team that talented coming off 2 titles in the last 3 years a huge benefit of the doubt though.

SAGirl
04-10-2018, 09:14 PM
play Danny he needs rhythm... save LMA, Rudy and Manu if you want.

cd98
04-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Says no one

weebo
04-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Does it really matter who they get in the first round? For any team to be the last team standing, they'll have to go through every good team. PO's are about playing your best basketball--do that and match ups become less of an issue.

TheGreatYacht
04-10-2018, 09:21 PM
You can tell which idiots don't watch the games and only show up during playoff time...

Resting Aldridge is the completely opposite of what you want to do. He plays like a pregnant woman when he's had a game of rest.

spurs1990
04-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Whatever they do just be sure to:
1) face Portland
2) avoid Utah

This should be the goal tomorrow night

David Stern
04-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Maybe, they really are getting their teeth kicked in by Utah with Durant playing all but 4 minutes of the first half. I still gotta give a team that talented coming off 2 titles in the last 3 years a huge benefit of the doubt though.

See I’m not really impressed with the Warriors reign. The 2015 title was thanks to Irving’s injury. They nearly crumbled when adversity hit against the Thunder but Durant quit on OKC. They then finally showed their true colors up 3-1 against the Cavs. 2016 was ho hum until the Spurs were kicking their asses in game 1. Then Leonard got “hurt” and that was that. The Warriors are talented, but they are a fake group of tough guys. Punch them and they bleed. Make them face real playoff adversity, and they get rattled. They need the opposition to either get injured or to out choke them to survive when things get tough. They aren’t a mentally tough team, at all.

sananspursfan21
04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
See I’m not really impressed with the Warriors reign. The 2015 title was thanks to Irving’s injury. They nearly crumbled when adversity hit against the Thunder but Durant quit on OKC. They then finally showed their true colors up 3-1 against the Cavs. 2016 was ho hum until the Spurs were kicking their asses in game 1. Then Leonard got “hurt” and that was that. The Warriors are talented, but they are a fake group of tough guys. Punch them and they bleed. Make them face real playoff adversity, and they get rattled. They need the opposition to either get injured or to out choke them to survive when things get tough. They aren’t a mentally tough team, at all.

I somewhat agree with this. They're one of the most talented teams in all of sports (possibly history) with that small amount of resolve.