PDA

View Full Version : Who do you respect more... Kobe or Kawhi?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Kobe was an asshole, a womanizer, a narcissist and often a fucking psycho... BUT at least he had the balls to play injured and not quit on his team completely even when he did demand a trade that never happened.

So Kobe.

gambit1990
04-11-2018, 12:38 PM
fuck kobe.

spursistan
04-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Is this even a question? of course Kobe, warts and all. He did it until that Achilles snapped..

Our cowardly bitchmade "franchise player" is sitting out an entire season while collecting 19 millions as a studied plan to collect 40 millions..And guess what? We have absolutely no guarantees he won't sit further more in the future once he get it..

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Kawhi never raped. How is this even a question?

Play Boban
04-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Kobe, and it isn’t close.

Play Boban
04-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Kobe never quit on his team. How is this even a question?

200 miles
04-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Yay!
Another "Let's hate on injured Kawhi because we know all of the details and decide he's a pussy" thread. What a fascinating community this is.

szkorhetz
04-11-2018, 12:46 PM

baseline bum
04-11-2018, 12:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGoxIvuPtmo

diego
04-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Actually kobe quit several times. Fuck kobe

SuperCam
04-11-2018, 12:52 PM
kobe was on of the most selfish players of all time but he was a hyper alpha who wanted to win and dominate as much as mj tbqh. put kobe mentality into Kiwi and you get the best player in the league or close to

kobe wouldn't be political like tony if one of his teammates was sitting out while healthy for months while getting paid big $$$. he would be in his face calling him out as a pussy faggot practically coming to blows. kobe wouldnt tolerate PATFO putting loyalty contract TOSB bums around him during his prime either. in 2005 when lakers tried that he froze those bums out and made trade demand overtures until they put real talent around him, leading to 2 more titles.

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2018, 12:52 PM

:lol Kobe quit on his team more often than anybody I can recall..asked for a trade on 2 different occasions, blatantly quit in game 7 against Phoenix and his entire team would quit virtually every time they faced elimination in a series..

spursistan
04-11-2018, 12:57 PM
:lol Kobe quit on his team more often than anybody I can recall..
What do you call this Kawhi act though? At least Kobe laced them up.:lol

spursistan
04-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Gotta say I haven't been more wrong about an athlete I was a fan of than Kawhi..Didn't really see it in him to quit on the Spurs and be a quasi- cancer..

Keepin' it real
04-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Lol Kome

cd98
04-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Kobe has quit on his team, but it's also true that he played through a lot of significant injuries (and he's the first to let you know). But hey, he won 5 titles. He's legit. Kawhi has won one title. He hasn't done near enough to be compared to Kobe or even get Kobe respect, even if you hate Kobe. Did I lose respect for Kawhi for missing the season? I just don't have enough information to know if his injury was legit. I'd have to withhold judgment, but it has been a disappointing season with him out.

daslicer
04-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Kobe quit on his team a few times but he always played. That's the difference between Kawhi and him.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2018, 02:22 PM
:lol Anyone who picks Kobe has clearly forgotten how toxic he was throughout his career. The Lakers still haven't recovered from the Kobe era.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Fuck em both

superbigtime
04-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Kobe is an all time dickhead and jackass. Kawhi has a mystery injury and doesn't sit with his team enough during home games. Not analogous.

Play Boban
04-11-2018, 02:57 PM
:lol Kobe quit on his team more often than anybody I can recall..asked for a trade on 2 different occasions, blatantly quit in game 7 against Phoenix and his entire team would quit virtually every time they faced elimination in a series..
Yeah, but he was out on the court. Kawhi is sitting oh his ass with shit all over his seat because he doesn’t even know how to wipe his own ass yet tbh.

Russ
04-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Can we add in Andre Ingram of the Lakers?

28mT-yMoHZ8

spurraider21
04-11-2018, 03:04 PM
his shot looks ridiculous, but his gleague 3pt% is also pretty incredible

BillMc
04-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Duncan

tholdren
04-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Wtf kobe won rings. Kl 4th optioned himself to rings

kuato
04-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Who do you respect more? Kobe, Kiwi or Manu?

gilmor
04-11-2018, 07:07 PM
i think Duncan is way better than both Kobe and Kawhi..

Duncan got class which the 2 others don't have..

Kool Bob Love
04-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Both didn’t deserve finals mvp.

Brazil
04-11-2018, 07:37 PM

What ? :lmao

mexicanjunior
04-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Kobe...not even close...

daslicer
04-11-2018, 07:54 PM
i think Duncan is way better than both Kobe and Kawhi..

Duncan got class which the 2 others don't have..

Duncan was also his own man unlike both of them. In Kobe's case he tried to hard to be like Mike that he actually tried to imitate his voice and mannerism which was pathetic. In Kawhi's case he's a dumb mute that is controlled by his uncle.

Play Boban
04-11-2018, 08:02 PM
What ? :lmao
At least Kobe was on the floor

LongtimeSpursFan
04-11-2018, 08:59 PM

Took 19 million from Spurs fans this year

turkish spurs fan
04-11-2018, 10:59 PM
fuck kobe

YGWHI
04-11-2018, 11:24 PM

If you say this..it's because you didn't know Kobe.

If we're gonn act like he didn't force LA to make horrible decisions many times.

Play Boban
04-11-2018, 11:25 PM
If you say this..it's because you didn't know Kobe.

If we're gonn act like he didn't force LA to make horrible decisions many times.
:cry

Did he play or not? Boom. Riddle me that.

Meanwhile, Kawhi doesn’t even have the testicular fortitude to sit on the bench and cheer on “his” team. WHAT A JOKE! 20 million for a coach potato tbh!!!

YGWHI
04-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Did he play or not? Boom. Riddle me that.

Meanwhile, Kawhi doesn’t even have the testicular fortitude to sit on the bench and cheer on “his” team. WHAT A JOKE! 20 million for a coach potato tbh!!!

Like Kobe "cheer" for teammates...

"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team," Kobe said. "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?"

If Kawhi would have said the same thing about Pau, Mills, Parker, last regular season..Spurs fans would have killed him. But suddenly they love Kobe now. Crazy people.

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Like Kobe "cheer" for teammates...

"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team," Kobe said. "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?"

If Kawhi would have said the same thing about Pau, Mills, Parker, last regular season..Spurs fans would have killed him. But suddenly they love Kobe now. Crazy people.

Those guys were scrubs. Kwame Brown was a bonafide scrub and a cancer. Our guys are a lot better.

And what Kawhi did was even worse. He said so much by saying nothing. He ruined the locker room and is solely responsible for ruining this season. He should be traded ASAP.

I respect Kobe for at least have the courage to speak up, which is more than I could say for Kancerwhi.

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Our guys are a lot better.

Pau is better? I'd take Mirotic over our 48M Pau ALL DAY.

Our guards are better? Don't troll me

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Pau is better? I'd take Mirotic over our 48M Pau ALL DAY.

Our guards are better? Don't troll me
I’d take Mirotic, too, but Kobe didn’t have Mirotic, either. He had Kwame Brown. KWAME BROWN!!! :lol

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 12:40 AM
I’d take Mirotic, too, but Kobe didn’t have Mirotic, either. He had Kwame Brown. KWAME BROWN!!! :lol
And we have 48M, 39 years old Pau Gasol

lefty20
04-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Ask me next year, tbh.

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 01:06 AM
And we have 48M, 39 years old Pau Gasol
Now you’re lying about ages. I’m right. You’re wrong. The end.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Hmm.

Kobe ringed as a 2 three times and as a 1B twice.
Kawhi ringed as a 1A once.

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2018, 02:18 AM
Is this even a question? of course Kobe, warts and all. He did it until that Achilles snapped..

Our cowardly bitchmade "franchise player" is sitting out an entire season while collecting 19 millions as a studied plan to collect 40 millions..And guess what? We have absolutely no guarantees he won't sit further more in the future once he get it..

I would do the same if the FO handed 98 mill to role players on a steep decline while the rivals are loading up every summer

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2018, 02:20 AM
What do you call this Kawhi act though? At least Kobe laced them up.:lol

Kirby couldn't miss a game b/c his mission was to gun until he passed Jorn

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2018, 03:04 AM
Hmm.

Kobe was clearly 1A in 2009 and 2010.

Yes, Kobe wasn't getting past round 1 before Pau, but still... Kobe was 1A.

SPURt
04-12-2018, 03:57 AM
I hated Kobe but I respected Kobe. Dude was a straight warrior. If he were Kawhi this year would never have gone on like this. Kobe understood what the team, media, and fans needed. He might’ve given their FO ultimatums to change the team but he never gave up on a season.

KimmyGib
04-12-2018, 04:14 AM
Hard to say...

On the one hand, there are qualities which Kobe possesses that I respect, such as him never missing an entire season with no explanation.

On the other hand, there are qualities which Kawhi possesses that I also respect, such as him not being a rapist.

It's close, but think I'll give the edge to Kobe.

tholdren
04-12-2018, 05:59 AM
Hmm.

Sit down. He was the 4th option when he rang

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Kobe was clearly 1A in 2009 and 2010.

Yes, Kobe wasn't getting past round 1 before Pau, but still... Kobe was 1A.

No. 7-28 in Game 7 was never a 1. And plenty of times people have posted the stats showing Pau carrying the team, tbh.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Sit down. He was the 4th option when he rang

Finals MVP, son.

daslicer
04-12-2018, 09:09 PM
I hated Kobe but I respected Kobe. Dude was a straight warrior. If he were Kawhi this year would never have gone on like this. Kobe understood what the team, media, and fans needed. He might’ve given their FO ultimatums to change the team but he never gave up on a season.

Kobe was a rotten teammate but I respected that he always played even if he felt his supporting caste was garbage. If he didn't like the talent around him he would bitch to the media about it but he would still play. TBH I don't even think Kobe would have bitched about the talent on this team if he was able to win 60 games back to back seasons like the Spurs did prior to Kawhi sitting out for the year. Anyways I don't believe Kawhi sitting out has to do with him disapproving him of the supporting caste like some of his fanboys are saying. It has more to do with his Uncle not wanting him to be in San Antonio.

daslicer
04-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Finals MVP, son.

Andre Igoudola also won Finals MVP as a 5th option.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Andre Igoudola also won Finals MVP as a 5th option.

Obviously, he was more than that. Think about it.

Seventyniner
04-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Took 19 million from Spurs fans this year

19 < 48.5

daslicer
04-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Obviously, he was more than that. Think about it.

Andre came up big in that series against the Cavs but for the whole entire playoffs he was the 5th option for the Warriors. Winning Finals MVP doesn't always go to the best player of the team.

SPURt
04-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Kobe was a rotten teammate but I respected that he always played even if he felt his supporting caste was garbage. If he didn't like the talent around him he would bitch to the media about it but he would still play. TBH I don't even think Kobe would have bitched about the talent on this team if he was able to win 60 games back to back seasons like the Spurs did prior to Kawhi sitting out for the year. Anyways I don't believe Kawhi sitting out has to do with him disapproving him of the supporting caste like some of his fanboys are saying. It has more to do with his Uncle not wanting him to be in San Antonio.

Kobe and Pop would’ve been an interesting mix. Come to think of it, Spurs need a wing, Kobe is still in good shape last I saw him... do it RC!

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Andre came up big in that series against the Cavs but for the whole entire playoffs he was the 5th option for the Warriors. Winning Finals MVP doesn't always go to the best player of the team.

Kawhi was always the most talented player on the 14 team; and it wasn't even close. He accepted a limited role until he needed to step up an play at a monster level. It was Pop's fault for not bringing him along faster in 12 and 13 or the Spurs might've had more rings. Kawhi was the 1A in that series. Duncan was 1B.

weeks
04-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Duncan

daslicer
04-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Kawhi was always the most talented player on the 14 team; and it wasn't even close. He accepted a limited role until he needed to step up an play at a monster level. It was Pop's fault for not bringing him along faster in 12 and 13 or the Spurs might've had more rings. Kawhi was the 1A in that series. Duncan was 1B.

Most talented is different than being the best. At that time he hadn't reached his potential yet and was inconsistent. Duncan was good in every series of that playoffs while Kawhi didn't have a great series against the Mavs or the Thunder. Anyways the '14 Spurs team to me was more like the '04 Pistons where you had several guys playing at a high level that allowed them to win.

tholdren
04-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Finals MVP, son.

Dont mean shit. Look at the whole season and the whole playoffs. Big 3 then kl.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Dont mean shit. Look at the whole season and the whole playoffs. Big 3 then kl.

No. Tim/Kawhi were the two most important cogs. And in the match-up vs. the Heat Kawhi stepped up as the 1A.

tholdren
04-12-2018, 11:54 PM
No. Tim/Kawhi were the two most important cogs. And in the match-up vs. the Heat Kawhi stepped up as the 1A.

Wrong. Utterly wrong.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Wrong. Utterly wrong.

Yea, Tony fucking Parker was gonna guard Lebron. Think about it, dip shit.

Then, Kawhi had the better series offensively, too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2018, 12:10 AM
It's sad that you're comparing Kobe to our Kawhi.

tholdren
04-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Yea, Tony fucking Parker was gonna guard Lebron. Think about it, dip shit.

Then, Kawhi had the better series offensively, too.

Lebron led his team in pts rebs apg and steals. Please continue on how great kl waa keeping lebron in check.... ill wait

Spurtacular
04-13-2018, 12:18 AM
Lebron led his team in pts rebs apg and steals. Please continue on how great kl waa keeping lebron in check.... ill wait

You weren't paying attention if you think that's the reality. The league literally called about five ghost fouls on Kawhi in under twenty minutes of Game 5 in a desperate attempt to extend the series. The next best Lebron defender was literally fat Boris. Check yourself, son.

tholdren
04-13-2018, 12:19 AM
You weren't paying attention if you think that's the reality. The league literally called about five ghost fouls on Kawhi in under twenty minutes of Game 5 in a desperate attempt to extend the series. The next best Lebron defender was literally fat Boris. Check yourself, son.

Lololololollolololololololololol olol wat about games 1234? Lolololololololololllolol

Spurtacular
04-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Lololololollolololololololololol olol wat about games 1234? Lolololololololololllolol

Games 3 and 4, Kawhi literally neutralized Lebron in Miami as the Spurs kicked ass, bro. That's what 1A's do. Sorry you weren't paying attention.

duncan2k5
04-13-2018, 06:07 AM
Ppl saying Kawhi quit on the team for no reason... Or he sat the entire season and nobody knows why are either 5, or incredibly stupid... The guy is injured... It is a well known fact...

Kobe is a cancer... And part of the reason he rushed back from injuries was because his team played well without him, and he didn't want the narrative of them being better with him not playing... The 05 team was on the pathway to making the playoffs with Kobe injured, until he decided to rush back and take damn near every shot... Needless to say they lost 20 of the final 21 games and missed the playoffs...

spursistan
04-13-2018, 10:08 AM
I would do the same if the FO handed 98 mill to role players on a steep decline while the rivals are loading up every summer
Welcome back bro. Plenty of water has passed under the bridge since you went hypernating including your (our) boy Kiwi turning out to be a most pathetic, zero-heart quitter :lol..

Biggest letdown in franchise history.

tholdren
04-13-2018, 10:47 AM
Games 3 and 4, Kawhi literally neutralized Lebron in Miami as the Spurs kicked ass, bro. That's what 1A's do. Sorry you weren't paying attention.

Hahahahahhaahaha youre 12

Spurtacular
04-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Hahahahahhaahaha youre 12

1A bro. Kawhi was the most important piece vs. Heat in 14. Deal with it.