PDA

View Full Version : Should Rudy start vs. the Dubs?

SpurPadre
04-11-2018, 10:06 PM
LMA is going to be swarmed from the get go, so he needs as much offensive firepower as possible. Would Pop actually consider doing this? Aside from starting Gay, how should the rest of the starting lineup look like:

LMA
Bertans
Gay
LDN
Murray

TheGreatYacht
04-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Aldridge/
Bertans/Anderson
Gay/Green
White/Forbes
Parker/Murray

That's the only lineup that stands a damn chance. Murray cannot be on the floor when Aldridge is getting swarmed. No one respects him.

CapitalEmm
04-11-2018, 10:12 PM
LMA, Rudy and Murray need to be playing 45 minutes a game.

SpurPadre
04-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Aldridge/
Bertans/Anderson
Gay/Green
White/Forbes
Parker/Murray

That's the only lineup that stands a damn chance. Murray cannot be on the floor when Aldridge is getting swarmed. No one respects him.

We have to accept that 50 will be getting serious minutes no matter what and Murray will be used for his defense and rebounding. I do not trust Forbes at all but we need shooting and White will have towel waving duties tbh.

Brunodf
04-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Yes

cd021
04-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Anderson, for whatever reason, plays well against GSW so that wouldn't help.

Murray, Green, Anderson, Gay, Aldridge would be the best of both worlds

HarlemHeat37
04-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Doesn't make a difference who starts, but he should play 25-30 minutes or so, sadly..

ElNono
04-11-2018, 10:21 PM
:pop: Rudy will be watching Brokeback Mountain before the series, to understand the social shame gays receive every day.

SpurPadre
04-11-2018, 10:23 PM
If we're down 0-3, Pop should let Manu start Game 4 out of respect...at least in the 2nd half of that game tbh.

TheGreatYacht
04-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Seriously though. Gasol and Mills and unplayable against them, which means both will get 35mins a night

SpurPadre
04-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Seriously though. Gasol and Mills and unplayable against them, which means both will get 35mins a night

Mills is playing heavy minutes regardless. Pau might actually have a short hook.

TheGreatYacht
04-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't be shocked to see David West block the Spanish ostrich 3 times in a row only to be followed by Gasol's bitchy dyke look to the ref. All the Asians at the Oracle will go crazy.

KDKSpurs24
04-11-2018, 10:34 PM
Surprisingly, Anderson seems to give Durant a lot trouble. Durant doesn’t seem to have much of answer for him on either end when they match up with each other.

ElNono
04-11-2018, 10:38 PM
Surprisingly, Anderson seems to give Durant a lot trouble.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

KDKSpurs24
04-11-2018, 10:41 PM
Do you even watch? Durant gets ripped by him. He bites for all of Anderson’s fakes.. etc. I’m not even the biggest Anderson fan but I see it.. everyone just has someone that throws them off and that may just be the case.

superbigtime
04-11-2018, 10:43 PM
:pop: Rudy will be watching Brokeback Mountain before the series, to understand the social shame gays receive every day.
Holy shit lol, still laughing

SpurPadre
04-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Do you even watch? Durant gets ripped by him. He bites for all of Anderson’s fakes.. etc. I’m not even the biggest Anderson fan but I see it.. everyone just has someone that throws them off and that may just be the case.

He used his forehead as a launching pad for his dunks in last year's WCF tbh.

ElNono
04-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Do you even watch? Durant gets ripped by him.

:lmao:lmao:lmao KD 'only' dropped 37 on our asses the last time... if that's giving him trouble, then I guess he gonna drop 50 next?

SAGirl
04-11-2018, 10:47 PM
:pop:
Paddy 37 minutes... White on the bench watching...
even though we have seen paddy be awful against GSW regular season or playoffs doesn't matter.

---------
That said, since he's gonna play I hope he hits some shots, same for Bryn, same for whomever.

stu scotts eye
04-11-2018, 10:49 PM

Lol. My same thought.

But in all seriousness, someone needs to give Manu some adderall before each game which, along with his gameday nap, will be the only wing to take it aggressively to the rim.

Sick of watching Kyle looking to always pass, mills settling for tough 3s, and Dejounte being so tentative.

Our best bet is to get Kevin Willis out there to knock KD around. Even then, we still need more offense.

Arcadian
04-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Probably, yeah

gospursgojas
04-12-2018, 01:22 AM
Fire power you ask? Brynn Forbes will start :pop:

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 01:33 AM
No. I like Rudy's chances against Iggy...He wins that mismatch coming off the bench.

TimDunkem
04-12-2018, 01:34 AM
Sure but it doesn't matter.

Kawhitstorm
04-12-2018, 02:15 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao KD 'only' dropped 37 on our asses the last time... if that's giving him trouble, then I guess he gonna drop 50 next?

Servant can't guard him on the other end

Big Empty
04-12-2018, 07:28 AM
Ha funny thing is everyone posting knows one thing thats for sure going to happen, GS is gonna double team LA and make the rest of our team step up and beat them. I think starting Gay is what could help also. Gasoft should see zero minutes in favor of Bertans. I also like Parker starting. Pop is hard headed though. We’ll see. We dont have much fire power we will have to rely on defensive schemes and hope 4 out of 7 games their 3 point shooting is under 40%. Spurs beat the warriors we will win the championship

NameLess Scrub
04-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Sure, makes no difference. He gets to start in the playoffs even though it's a sweep.

NameLess Scrub
04-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Ha funny thing is everyone posting knows one thing thats for sure going to happen, GS is gonna double team LA and make the rest of our team step up and beat them. I think starting Gay is what could help also. Gasoft should see zero minutes in favor of Bertans. I also like Parker starting. Pop is hard headed though. We’ll see. We dont have much fire power we will have to rely on defensive schemes and hope 4 out of 7 games their 3 point shooting is under 40%. Spurs beat the warriors we will win the championship

If for some very, very weird reason Spurs beat Warriors, they'll get swept in the 2nd round by the Thunder.

TheRemix
04-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Nah keep him on the bench and play him his regular minutes...however he needs to be on the floor during the final minutes. Rudy isn't afraid to score and the spurs will need someone like that on the floor

Keepin' it real
04-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Starting or not, I had a nightmare last night they Rudy tore his Achilles so severely that his ankle burst ... blood everywhere.

This is a bad, bad omen.

:depressed

FvckMavs
04-13-2018, 10:22 AM
If for some very, very weird reason Spurs beat Warriors, they'll get swept in the 2nd round by the Thunder.

We won't see the Thunder in the second round.

Raven
04-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Either him or KA should be in at all times. Fouls could be a problem but i'm more concerned with Pau being in because pop could choose to premature adjust.

NameLess Scrub
04-14-2018, 02:58 PM
We won't see the Thunder in the second round.
Because we're not getting there :lol

But really it doesn't matter the opponent. A 2nd round would be a fluke and Spurs would probably last 5 games at most.

Brunodf
04-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Still don't understand why Pop is starting a super small lineup that can't shoot and can't defend either :lol

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Still don't understand why Pop is starting a super small lineup that can't shoot and can't defend either :lol

Why is he guarding a top 15 player of all-time with 6'2" Bryn Forbes?

Raven
04-14-2018, 03:20 PM

boh.. he's been doing that for years.. premature optimization is the root of all evil

TDomination
04-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Our only other scorer besides lamarcus is Rudy gay. Your doing both a disservice by not playing them together regularly.

Unfortunately even if Gay did start next game, it would be in place of green or Anderson instead of patty and midget ball would continue to get outrebounded.

Line up should be: Dejonte, Green, Gay, Anderson, Aldridge.

At least green and Anderson can provide a semblance of defense where as patty provides nothing.

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Gay sucks, but playing him big minutes is a no-brainer, he's one of the few creators on the team..Pop just doesn't want to go away from his midgets, though, for some reason..

TDomination
04-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Gay sucks, but playing him big minutes is a no-brainer, he's one of the few creators on the team..Pop just doesn't want to go away from his midgets, though, for some reason..

Pop may as well give us the middle finger and go full midget lineup.

Parker, Patty, Forbes, Murray, Aldridge (aldridge because doesn't want to piss him off again)