PDA

View Full Version : We have a shot at the reigning champs without their best player and you're medically

Rob123
04-12-2018, 12:33 PM
...cleared to play. Get the fuck out there and do what you're paid to do bro.

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I don’t want Kawhi back. Screw him.

gospursgojas
04-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Storybook redemption story opportunity (comes back to face team that purposely took him out). One last and final chance to save face in San Antonio.

Won’t even show up to sit on bench.

spursistan
04-12-2018, 12:44 PM
This is like the third thread of its kind already in 12 hours ..:lol

Can't blame Spurfan for turning on this soft bitch when they grew up watching warriors like Duncan/Ginobili/Parker, tbh..

Timmy turned in his second greatest playoffs series vs the Mavs '06 playing with plantar fasciitis in both feet. Manu played with broken nose, dislocated arm, bone bruise and Parker with strained hamstring in 2013 etc..

He is not made of that stuff..

sananspursfan21
04-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Oh yay, another thread :deadhorse

Keepin' it real
04-12-2018, 12:56 PM

Well deserved.

SAGirl
04-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Can't blame Spurfan for turning on this soft bitch when they grew up watching warriors like Duncan/Ginobili/Parker, tbh..

Timmy turned in his second greatest playoffs series vs the Mavs '06 playing with plantar fasciitis in both feet. Manu played with broken nose, dislocated arm, bone bruise and Parker with strained hamstring in 2013 etc..

watch manu mention how they had to adjust expectations and adjust to the situation after what happened in february and early march:

phxspurfan
04-12-2018, 01:00 PM

Exactly. Guys we grew up watching were the polar opposite of Kawhi. We were making threads 10 years ago complaining that they were too competitive, wearing themselves too thin with Eurobasket/National team play. Not sitting out the entire year with bruised labia.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Let's not forget David Robinson who played 2/3 of each of the last two seasons with a terribly painful degenerative back condition, and turned in a hell of a final game to win the championship tbh.....

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Storybook redemption story opportunity (comes back to face team that purposely took him out). One last and final chance to save face in San Antonio.

Screw the idea of trading him for Fultz and a pick. I'd trade him there for a Philly cheesesteak. One whiz with, please. Make an example of this soft faggot.

Rob123
04-12-2018, 04:42 PM
This kids a fucking bitch.

I go to work every god damn day and do what I'm paid to do and it's no where near as fun as what this guy does or as lucrative.

God I hope he's not a Spur anymore.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-12-2018, 04:47 PM

If he doesn't even show up on the bench then he'll be dead to most Spurs fans. Time for Kawhi to get the fuck out of New York and at least root the team on. This whole shitshow of Kawhi being medically cleared to play for months and not saying a damn peep to anyone became an ordeal of madness months ago

spurs10
04-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Oh yay, another thread :deadhorse That horse ain't waking up! :lol

Rummpd
04-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Wins an award for longest title thread at least!

baseline bum
04-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Not sitting with the team at home games was the last straw. He lost all benefit of the doubt there.

Dex
04-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Man, some of you cats are cold-blooded.

Last year, Kawhi was the GOAT and the heir to Duncan's throne.

Less than a full year later, he is a wimp, a head-case, and a cancer.

I'm as disappointed with the situation as anyone, but damn...cool your jets people.

If Kawhi actually does come back healthy and sign his supermax, gonna be a lot of crow to be served up around here.

cd98
04-12-2018, 05:40 PM

I'm as disappointed with the situation as anyone, but damn...cool your jets people.

If Kawhi actually does come back healthy and sign his supermax, gonna be a lot of crow to be served up around here.

I think if he was just injured, we’d all accept it even though we felt like we’d get redemption this year after he got injured in the playoffs. But what’s frustrating is that there is no clarity and every time there’s a negative opinion out there that Kawhi is unhappy and Kawhi is leaving, he’s silent. He goes to NY and not a word. He can’t seriously think he’s coming back for the playoffs. Why not just break Daboom’s heart now and just tell people he’s out for the season and playoffs. All the drama makes you sour on the guy.

Arcadian
04-12-2018, 05:42 PM
What a refreshing, enlightening perspective offered by the OP. After reading this post, I'll never look at Kawhi the same way ever again. My eyes have been opened to truths previously obscured.

:lol Not.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2018, 06:04 PM

This.

I was pissed, too, to not see him behind the bench and/or forcing a comeback, but then I had to put myself in Kawhi's mindset, and I can see what he's thinking...get better. Sitting behind the Spurs bench at a game doesn't help him rehab.

Kawhi is a basketball player. He loves the game. I still believe he wants to be a Spur and has always felt like the Spurs are his team. For all the people who act like he's mentally retarded, it's funny that these same people can sit back and say he's this mastermind who's forcing the Spurs into a trade, willing to sink the success of an organization that has done so much for him. All for what? Endorsements? A chance to be close to his old stomping grounds? Stupid rumors. That's not Kawhi. All the guy knows is basketball.

I think he's desperately trying to save his career right now, trying to get healthy, and probably has no idea, or concern, for how his absence appears to the fans, and maybe some of his teammates. I think mentally he's a basketball robot, and his focus is on getting healthy, and he really could care less what people think about that. If anything, the old farts on the team should be counseling him instead of bashing him publicly. Tony Parker diminished in my eyes when he did that, especially when you consider how the Spurs organization protected him with his scandal with Erin Barry.

Oh, and as for wanting to get back to Los Angeles...would you want to move back to the city where your dad was murdered? I doubt that place is so special in his heart that he he's willing to waste one of his few precious prime years of basketball to get back there.

Do I think he will be a Spur next year? I do. That or he'll retire.

r0drig0lac
04-12-2018, 06:07 PM

this

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 06:13 PM
I think if he was just injured, we’d all accept it even though we felt like we’d get redemption this year after he got injured in the playoffs. But what’s frustrating is that there is no clarity and every time there’s a negative opinion out there that Kawhi is unhappy and Kawhi is leaving, he’s silent. He goes to NY and not a word. He can’t seriously think he’s coming back for the playoffs. Why not just break Daboom’s heart now and just tell people he’s out for the season and playoffs. All the drama makes you sour on the guy.

He already said he wants to be a Spur for life, he said he's injured, that can't have more setbacks..But he has to talk after every media rumor?

Why do you want him to talk when you didn't believe in his words the first time?

KDKSpurs24
04-12-2018, 06:26 PM
He already said he wants to be a Spur for life, he said he's injured, that can't have more setbacks..But he has to talk after every media rumor?

Why do you want him to talk when you didn't believe in his words the first time?
Boom.

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Kawhi is a basketball player. He loves the game... I think he's desperately trying to save his career right now, trying to get healthy
Couldn't agree more...Also, being unable to do what he loves most in his life, is not easy to handle.

cd98
04-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Well, for instance, he didn't say he had a setback, so everyone was waiting for him to show up the last two or three weeks of the season. He didn't say he was going to get another opinion from his doctor. He hasn't said whether he will be available to play in the next two weeks. That's my point. Does he have to answer every report? No, but periodic updates that aren't based on social media accounts, uninformed teammates, or media speculation would be nice. For example, we should know if he is close to coming back to the playoffs or if he is out without speculating. He's been unwilling to clarify the situation the entire time and it has created more doubt and speculation, and not less.

Twisted_Dawg
04-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Not sitting with the team at home games was the last straw. He lost all benefit of the doubt there.

Did he lose his SA privileges?

keithington1
04-12-2018, 06:34 PM
We have to win game 1 or 2

Leetonidas
04-12-2018, 06:37 PM

I'll gladly eat that crow. But for now fuck this guy. Quit on his team basically

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Well, for instance, he didn't say he had a setback, so everyone was waiting for him to show up the last two or three weeks of the season. He didn't say he was going to get another opinion from his doctor. He hasn't said whether he will be available to play in the next two weeks. That's my point. Does he have to answer every report? No, but periodic updates that aren't based on social media accounts, uninformed teammates, or media speculation would be nice.
You talk like he knows how his quad willl react...RC already said "This rehab hasn't been simple and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion" You know what this means, his quad's fine a few days, then bad again.

For example, we should know if he is close to coming back to the playoffs or if he is out without speculating. He's been unwilling to clarify the situation the entire time and it has created more doubt and speculation, and not less.

Players don't rule themselves out for a season/playoffs...Teams tell the league and make it public. The Spurs have to say this, not the player.

phxspurfan
04-12-2018, 06:54 PM
This.

I was pissed, too, to not see him behind the bench and/or forcing a comeback, but then I had to put myself in Kawhi's mindset, and I can see what he's thinking...get better. Sitting behind the Spurs bench at a game doesn't help him rehab.

Kawhi is a basketball player. He loves the game. I still believe he wants to be a Spur and has always felt like the Spurs are his team. For all the people who act like he's mentally retarded, it's funny that these same people can sit back and say he's this mastermind who's forcing the Spurs into a trade, willing to sink the success of an organization that has done so much for him. All for what? Endorsements? A chance to be close to his old stomping grounds? Stupid rumors. That's not Kawhi. All the guy knows is basketball.

I think he's desperately trying to save his career right now, trying to get healthy, and probably has no idea, or concern, for how his absence appears to the fans, and maybe some of his teammates. I think mentally he's a basketball robot, and his focus is on getting healthy, and he really could care less what people think about that. If anything, the old farts on the team should be counseling him instead of bashing him publicly. Tony Parker diminished in my eyes when he did that, especially when you consider how the Spurs organization protected him with his scandal with Erin Barry.

Oh, and as for wanting to get back to Los Angeles...would you want to move back to the city where your dad was murdered? I doubt that place is so special in his heart that he he's willing to waste one of his few precious prime years of basketball to get back there.

I don't think anyone's accusing him of being some evil mastermind. In fact, if forced to guess, I would assume he's your typical stupid athlete. Selfish, and surrounds himself with morons who are really just taking advantage of him and trying to take his money (his uncle, from what we can see via the stories/hearsay).

In short, Kawhi is nothing close in personality to guys like Robinson (one of the smartest, nicest guys I've ever even heard of) or Duncan (one of the most selfless, pure winners, if not business savvy), along with Manu (selfless winner, jack of all trades on the court, risk taker, loyal, family man). Kawhi just seems like a kid by comparison, who fortunately started his career in one of the best organizations in all of pro sports during one of their peak dynastic years.

Leonard is a product of the Spurs' development, utilizing his innate physical talents and building on his inner strength to build an incredibly talented ball player. But if I was a betting man, he will not finish his career as a Spur.

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 07:54 PM
In short, Kawhi is nothing close in personality to guys like Robinson (one of the smartest, nicest guys I've ever even heard of) or Duncan (one of the most selfless, pure winners, if not business savvy), along with Manu (selfless winner, jack of all trades on the court, risk taker, loyal, family man).

Only Kawhi? No one in the league. Who among top players? KD? Curry? Harden? CP3?...Nah.

I guess some non-Spurs fans would say LeBron, they're wrong. He's just team-LeBron, he has manipulated GMs, coaches, teammates..LBJ isn't close in team-first approach to the game/team-culture, to Tim, DRob.

Fans here should assess reality and adjust expectations.

BatManu20
04-12-2018, 07:58 PM
He ain’t coming back bruh. Time to let it go

jbspurs
04-12-2018, 08:05 PM
It was all Pops fault. He turned him into a softy... Kawhi wanted to play last years playoffs even though he wasn't 100% healed, Pop decided not to play him. Now, he only wants to play when he's 100% healthy or whenever he wants..

Budkin
04-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Pretty much how I feel. It's hard for me to think Kawhi is being a little bitch and instead is just being the mute he's always been.

vander
04-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Well, for instance, he didn't say he had a setback, so everyone was waiting for him to show up the last two or three weeks of the season. He didn't say he was going to get another opinion from his doctor. He hasn't said whether he will be available to play in the next two weeks. That's my point. Does he have to answer every report? No, but periodic updates that aren't based on social media accounts, uninformed teammates, or media speculation would be nice. For example, we should know if he is close to coming back to the playoffs or if he is out without speculating. He's been unwilling to clarify the situation the entire time and it has created more doubt and speculation, and not less.

Yep, NBA exists for the fans, they are paying him 19 million this year, they deserve to be kept updated on why they aren't getting anything for that 19 million. Instead they are being strung along and almost lied to.

Stabula
04-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Curry is their best player? Since when? Dude is as over hyped as a player gets. I think he was the first in history to win MVP and win a ring but NOT win FMVP :lmao

David Stern
04-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Curry is their best player? Since when? Dude is as over hyped as a player gets. I think he was the first in history to win MVP and win a ring but NOT win FMVP :lmao

FINALLY!!!!!! Somebody who says this about Curry. The guy is really good but calling him their “leader” is bullshit. He wanted Durant on the team. He failed as a leader when push came to shove. He was rattled in 2016 when Lebron rejected him and then threw his mouthpiece into the crowd out of frustration. Then he bricked so many critcal 3’s in the late 4th quarter of GAME 7 with a fucking championship on the line.

dbreiden83080
04-12-2018, 09:23 PM

Yeah give him the supermax.. then he can miss 6 months with a hang nail..

daslicer
04-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Yeah give him the supermax.. then he can miss 6 months with a hang nail..

And a demand a trade to LA.

dbreiden83080
04-12-2018, 09:27 PM

At least after he sprains an ankle he actually you know comes back that season.

sananspursfan21
04-12-2018, 10:47 PM
That horse ain't waking up! :lol

:lmao

Chinook
04-12-2018, 10:54 PM

I don't remember if you were the one who essentially said this a little while back. But I disagreed with that then and disagree with it now. This has done permanent damage to my perception of Leonard. I can get behind the idea that the dude is legit hurt. I'm not saying I believe it, but if Kawhi and the team move on and stay together while maintaining that's what this was, I'll defer to them. However a) I'll never feel comfortable with that contract given his injury and b) I'll never trust him to handle a trying situation well, at least in terms of transparency to the media, fans and teammates. He can't come out of this unscathed in that regard. He's always going to look like a shaky bet to give the franchise to. I'd completely understand PATFO trading him even if I knew for sure Kawhi was just hurt and has recovered by the time next season rolls around.

ducks
04-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Maybe Leonard likes trump and is teaching pop a lesson

YGWHI
04-12-2018, 11:07 PM
This has done permanent damage to my perception of Leonard.
This guy and his "perception of Leonard"...

"not talented enough" "his defense is overrated" "can't be the #1 option on a competitive team" "he just needs to trot to the corner and wait"

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 11:30 PM
This.

How’s the Kool-Aid tbh?

Play Boban
04-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Pretty much how I feel. It's hard for me to think Kawhi is being a little bitch and instead is just being the mute he's always been.
Unless Kawhi has an IQ of 50, in which case he doesn’t belong anywhere near a basketball court, he’s an asshole, not a mute. Get with the program tbh.....

FireMicoHalili
04-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Lol cliff jumpers. He’s probably going to play a full year next year and a lot of people will have to backpedal. Wusses getting swayed by their emotions :lol

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Storybook redemption story opportunity (comes back to face team that purposely took him out).

No pride. Worried about his mega paycheck in LA.

offset formation
04-12-2018, 11:36 PM
If he doesn't even show up on the bench then he'll be dead to most Spurs fans. Time for Kawhi to get the fuck out of New York and at least root the team on. This whole shitshow of Kawhi being medically cleared to play for months and not saying a damn peep to anyone became an ordeal of madness months ago

Yep.

Spurtacular
04-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Lol cliff jumpers. He’s probably going to play a full year next year and a lot of people will have to backpedal. Wusses getting swayed by their emotions :lol

I guess you missed the memo. He's angling for a trade, bro.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2018, 12:08 AM
I don't think anyone's accusing him of being some evil mastermind. In fact, if forced to guess, I would assume he's your typical stupid athlete. Selfish, and surrounds himself with morons who are really just taking advantage of him and trying to take his money (his uncle, from what we can see via the stories/hearsay).

In short, Kawhi is nothing close in personality to guys like Robinson (one of the smartest, nicest guys I've ever even heard of) or Duncan (one of the most selfless, pure winners, if not business savvy), along with Manu (selfless winner, jack of all trades on the court, risk taker, loyal, family man). Kawhi just seems like a kid by comparison, who fortunately started his career in one of the best organizations in all of pro sports during one of their peak dynastic years.

Leonard is a product of the Spurs' development, utilizing his innate physical talents and building on his inner strength to build an incredibly talented ball player. But if I was a betting man, he will not finish his career as a Spur.

There's really nothing favorable to Kawhi's career to purposely hold out. That's where I think all the doubters are wrong. I think, in his mind at least, that he's honestly incapable of playing. Remember, he's sat out before with very minor issues that most guys would have played with.

My concern is that Kawhi might decide he can't go at all if he's not 100%, and in that case his career is almost over. I doubt Tim, David or Manu felt 100%, ever, after about 5 years in the league. Tim's knees were "degenerative". The Admiral's back was "degenerative". Kawhi may have to face the fact that he might not get back to where he wants to be, health-wise, and decide whether or not he can play with constant pain. If not, he'll be done. I don't think it's selfishness. I just think he's not someone accustomed to dealing with injury or playing through it. The aging process won't treat him well if that's the case.

DPG21920
04-13-2018, 12:08 AM
I don't remember if you were the one who essentially said this a little while back. But I disagreed with that then and disagree with it now. This has done permanent damage to my perception of Leonard. I can get behind the idea that the dude is legit hurt. I'm not saying I believe it, but if Kawhi and the team move on and stay together while maintaining that's what this was, I'll defer to them. However a) I'll never feel comfortable with that contract given his injury and b) I'll never trust him to handle a trying situation well, at least in terms of transparency to the media, fans and teammates. He can't come out of this unscathed in that regard. He's always going to look like a shaky bet to give the franchise to. I'd completely understand PATFO trading him even if I knew for sure Kawhi was just hurt and has recovered by the time next season rolls around.

Exactly. Him not playing was always the secondary issue. It’s how, as the face of a franchise, he’s handled the situation. There will be no crow to eat; he messed this up badly beyond the playing part. He had mending to do. Of course everyone will be happy when he stays (assuming he’s healthy).

DPG21920
04-13-2018, 12:12 AM
There's really nothing favorable to Kawhi's career to purposely hold out. That's where I think all the doubters are wrong. I think, in his mind at least, that he's honestly incapable of playing. Remember, he's sat out before with very minor issues that most guys would have played with.

My concern is that Kawhi might decide he can't go at all if he's not 100%, and in that case his career is almost over. I doubt Tim, David or Manu felt 100%, ever, after about 5 years in the league. Tim's knees were "degenerative". The Admiral's back was "degenerative". Kawhi may have to face the fact that he might not get back to where he wants to be, health-wise, and decide whether or not he can play with constant pain. If not, he'll be done. I don't think it's selfishness. I just think he's not someone accustomed to dealing with injury or playing through it. The aging process won't treat him well if that's the case.

Did you see what happened to Isiah Thomas? There is absolutely something favorable, with a 219M contract (one of the biggest deals in nba history) on the line for Kawhi to sit out. That money dwarfs anything he will get else where (including endorsements).

For the most part no one seems to be mad he decided to sit out to help his chances at getting that 219M. The part that people are mad at is that he handled it in the worst way possible. You can train in SA. You can be present with the team and supporting them. You can give updates (even if that goes against what you like to do). You owe the franchise, teammates and the fans a hell of a lot more than Kawhi has given. Everyone would support him getting 100% healthy and not playing; people can’t support how he’s distanced himself, driven a wedge and gone full on radio silent as rumors swirled and everyone but him was left carrying that bag all damn season.

DPG21920
04-13-2018, 12:18 AM
Also, the “Kawhi doesn’t play at less than 100%” angle doesn’t jive with me. Everything his college coaches and other say contradict that and they say he’s tough as nails and always played through injuries.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Did you see what happened to Isiah Thomas? There is absolutely something favorable, with a 219M contract (one of the biggest deals in nba history) on the line for Kawhi to sit out. That money dwarfs anything he will get else where (including endorsements).

For the most part no one seems to be mad he decided to sit out to help his chances at getting that 219M. The part that people are mad at is that he handled it in the worst way possible. You can train in SA. You can be present with the team and supporting them. You can give updates (even if that goes against what you like to do). You owe the franchise, teammates and the fans a hell of a lot more than Kawhi has given. Everyone would support him getting 100% healthy and not playing; people can’t support how he’s distanced himself, driven a wedge and gone full on radio silent as rumors swirled and everyone but him was left carrying that bag all damn season.

He definitely could benefit from some PR help. So could most of the folks in the Spurs organization though. I think he was managed badly, and handled things badly himself from a publicity and team relations standpoint, but I am still not convinced this is all just a contract ploy. I think he wants to be playing, but in his head he can't...I believe it's just that simple.

We'll see if I'm wrong here soon I suppose.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2018, 12:26 AM
Also, the “Kawhi doesn’t play at less than 100%” angle doesn’t jive with me. Everything his college coaches and other say contradict that and they say he’s tough as nails and always played through injuries.

He's certainly not been an ironman in his time with the Spurs.

offset formation
04-13-2018, 12:42 AM

Again, this isn't about the injury so much as it's been about the total disconnect he's shown with his teammates and coaches and by default, the lack of respect he's showing for the fans that pay his salary.

To what end?

Well letting your teammates think you are coming back multiple times in a season (see Manu's comments) such that a team meeting has to be called to find out WTF is going on and when you plan on being back--if at all this seaso--is a *big* problem.

And running off when that becomes public as though you no longer have a responsibility to your team even if from the bench.

And finally to that point, our team doctors report that he does not have any structural issues in his quad. They can evidently find no problems other than a pain management issue. So in that regard, I say for $19MM, you go out and play as you can under that pain, even if for a few minutes a game. Make others know they have to contend with you for 10-15 minutes, in crunch time. Or not in crunch time.

Either way, contribute in some way. Show the team and fan base you are involved. And care.

offset formation
04-13-2018, 12:46 AM
Maybe Leonard likes trump and is teaching pop a lesson

That'll show him...and us, the fans. And you.

Transitive property says Kawhi just showed you, too.

How you like them apples?

pookenstein
04-13-2018, 01:32 AM
Screw the idea of trading him for Fultz and a pick. I'd trade him there for a Philly cheesesteak. One whiz with, please. Make an example of this soft faggot.

:lmao
What kind of an example would that be (if it was even possible)? Let's trade him, get nothing in return to strengthen your Team all the while the other Team keeps all their assets. That would be a blueprint for Players to act like Kawhi supposedly has, not setting an example for Teams how to handle situations similar to this.

BillMc
04-13-2018, 03:27 AM

The "group" doctors would clear that horse before Kawhi.

BillMc
04-13-2018, 03:29 AM
Again, this isn't about the injury so much as it's been about the total disconnect he's shown with his teammates and coaches and by default, the lack of respect he's showing for the fans that pay his salary.

To what end?

Well letting your teammates think you are coming back multiple times in a season (see Manu's comments) such that a team meeting has to be called to find out WTF is going on and when you plan on being back--if at all this seaso--is a *big* problem.

And running off when that becomes public as though you no longer have a responsibility to your team even if from the bench.

And finally to that point, our team doctors report that he does not have any structural issues in his quad. They can evidently find no problems other than a pain management issue. So in that regard, I say for $19MM, you go out and play as you can under that pain, even if for a few minutes a game. Make others know they have to contend with you for 10-15 minutes, in crunch time. Or not in crunch time.

Either way, contribute in some way. Show the team and fan base you are involved. And care.

:toast

BillMc
04-13-2018, 03:34 AM

I kid you not, I'd be a full-on Kawhi supporter if he'd just have showed up on the bench recently and addressed the issue more than ONCE since 2018 began. I get the big money. I get (though don't condone) the only playing at 100%. I don't get the quitting on your team. Be in the stands. Be helping the younger guys. Be telling the fans you want to be out there....Don't leave it to your sister on a random tweet when she's trying to pimp your shoes.

04-13-2018, 03:45 AM

That was said before the Tony Parker comments and the team meeting with him.

Since, he's gone off to NY to be away from the team and hasn't been seen in weeks.

I didn't think there was discord between him and the team, prior, but I do now since said incidents.

04-13-2018, 03:48 AM
Additionally, without Kawhi, GS just got the best possible first round match-up they could have hoped for with Curry out.

lefty20
04-13-2018, 04:07 AM

This is why I'm withholding my final judgement for now. Let's see where we're at next year. Kiwi's quiet personality is likely making this situation seem worse than it is.

Arcadian
04-13-2018, 04:38 AM
As for whether Kawhi can be 'redeemed' - it will always suck that he missed an entire season of his prime, and nothing can ever really make up for that - however, I still think he can return to the same level of greatness he reached last season and possibly even surpass it. If he stayed with the Spurs and made a full recovery, I'd forgive but not forget.

sananspursfan21
04-13-2018, 08:30 AM
The "group" doctors would clear that horse before Kawhi.

Well what size jersey you think he wears??

BillMc
04-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Well what size jersey you think he wears??

Same as Dejuan Blair early years.

duncan2k5
04-13-2018, 08:50 AM

To what end?

Why do ppl keep saying this? He didn't keep letting his teammates think he was coming back... He ACTUALLY CAME BACK! then after that was saying he will try his best to come back... What do u want him to do? Predict the future... The best he can do is try and hope to be ready for a certain time...

And we are just going to dismiss Danny Green and Pop saying he talks to the team and organization all the time? Ppl keep repeating Kawhi isolates himself from them, while his own teammate says he is there with them in the building all the time..

Once again, his teammates didn't call the meeting to find out what's going on... TONY PARKER did... And that speaks to his selfishness... I lost even more respect for Parker... The dude only cares about his career... Fuck Kawhi’s future... Smh...

Kawhi is injured and wants to come back... If he spoke to the media once a month, ppl on here would be saying he is a POS because he isn't speaking to the media once a week...

duncan2k5
04-13-2018, 08:52 AM
I kid you not, I'd be a full-on Kawhi supporter if he'd just have showed up on the bench recently and addressed the issue more than ONCE since 2018 began. I get the big money. I get (though don't condone) the only playing at 100%. I don't get the quitting on your team. Be in the stands. Be helping the younger guys. Be telling the fans you want to be out there....Don't leave it to your sister on a random tweet when she's trying to pimp your shoes.

U don't even know what arrangements he and his teammates have... Pop himself said Kawhi is more useful rehabbing than sitting on the bench

offset formation
04-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Why do ppl keep saying this? He didn't keep letting his teammates think he was coming back... He ACTUALLY CAME BACK! then after that was saying he will try his best to come back... What do u want him to do? Predict the future... The best he can do is try and hope to be ready for a certain time...

And we are just going to dismiss Danny Green and Pop saying he talks to the team and organization all the time? Ppl keep repeating Kawhi isolates himself from them, while his own teammate says he is there with them in the building all the time..

Once again, his teammates didn't call the meeting to find out what's going on... TONY PARKER did... And that speaks to his selfishness... I lost even more respect for Parker... The dude only cares about his career... Fuck Kawhi’s future... Smh...

Kawhi is injured and wants to come back... If he spoke to the media once a month, ppl on here would be saying he is a POS because he isn't speaking to the media once a week...

Look man, unlike others on here that are calling you guys out for your support of Kawhi, I respect the fact that you have his back.

I get that one could still see it from his side. I just passed that threshold myself. To me it's quite obvious that he quit on the team. I think his communication, even for him, has been pathetic. I disagree with you that Manu (and his teammates) didn't think he was coming back multiple times..."we fell for it again, you guys made us believe..."

From my perspective, that statement is so telling. It both says that Kawhi didn't keep them updated, and that they didn't know the extent of the injury from Kawhi's POV, which is unforgivable the way I see team chemistry.

Look, we will know soon enough which of us is reading the tea leafs right. For the sake of the Spurs immediate future successes, I hope you're right. But for the sake of what I see as a malignancy getting worse, I hope the Spurs make the right move and trade him.

Again, I appreciate your position. No shade is coming y'alls way from me.

offset formation
04-13-2018, 09:34 AM
U don't even know what arrangements he and his teammates have... Pop himself said Kawhi is more useful rehabbing than sitting on the bench

Is it possible that Pop is only saying those things so that the Spurs (PATFO in particular) aren't seen as diminishing his trade value? Or also conversely, leaving the option open to sitting down with him in the offseason fo hash things out while concurrently being upset with the way he behaved this season..."he'll be back when he and his group say he's ready..."

spursistan
04-13-2018, 09:56 AM

Well put :toast.

I don't have a scientific the poll, but you could feel the tide has turned on him from a fan perspective (not talking about fanboys with transparent agenda like that YGWHI dude). I mentioned in another thread, most us are slowly coming to grips with the reality that he is not who we thought he was. It's going to be hard for him to come back from this, IMO.

As for the Supermax, it just doesn't make any sense to come with that offer right now. Think about it: the Spurs have refused to rule him out for the season 24 hours before the start of the playoffs; they are seemingly convinced that it's up to him to "feel ready to play", which he apparently can't or won't.

What follows from there should be to allow him few extra months to finally "feel ready to play" until their next meetup. If he or his camp agitate for the DPE before the former condition is met, then you start to listen on him very seriously because the jig is up right there.

PATFO gonna have to play their hand expertly in the next few months. I don't mind losing him—he's no Lebron or Duncan, and there is no surefire chance at Championships with him in light of the baggage that's been revealed throughout this episode— but I want the team to be decently set for the future (not as an immediate contender, but perennial 3-5th seed is not the worst of fates. You simply go from there).

sananspursfan21
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM
Same as Dejuan Blair early years.

:lolWe’ll have to get a crane then to lift it over the donkey’s head to put it on him

Keepin' it real
04-13-2018, 10:23 AM
He definitely could benefit from some PR help. So could most of the folks in the Spurs organization though. I think he was managed badly, and handled things badly himself from a publicity and team relations standpoint, but I am still not convinced this is all just a contract ploy. I think he wants to be playing, but in his head he can't...I believe it's just that simple.

We'll see if I'm wrong here soon I suppose.

Sounds like a mental defect to me.

BillMc
04-13-2018, 10:26 AM
:lolWe’ll have to get a crane then to lift it over the donkey’s head to put it on him
:lol:toast

Keepin' it real
04-13-2018, 10:35 AM
This is why I'm withholding my final judgement for now. Let's see where we're at next year. Kiwi's quiet personality is likely making this situation seem worse than it is.

Hell, I'm a quiet personality in real life, but I've heard (we've all heard) of PR firms and publicists. The fact that he and his group are not communicating proactively is a statement in and of itself.

cd98
04-13-2018, 10:43 AM
We all know he's not playing. What's annoying is why the Spurs or Kawhi don't end the speculation and say he's not playing. I guess it's gamesmanship against GSW, but what the hell do they care? They know Kawhi or not, they are going to steamroll the Spurs. I mean, what's a guy that hasn't played basketball in 73 of the 82 games this season going to be able to do against the best team in the NBA?

San Antonio Slayer
04-13-2018, 10:59 AM
We all know he's not playing. What's annoying is why the Spurs or Kawhi don't end the speculation and say he's not playing. I guess it's gamesmanship against GSW, but what the hell do they care? They know Kawhi or not, they are going to steamroll the Spurs. I mean, what's a guy that hasn't played basketball in 73 of the 82 games this season going to be able to do against the best team in the NBA?
He could return for the first home game just like Ibaka did in 2014 trying to impact as much as possible on and off the court. He is still a spur until his sister tweets opposite.

weeks
04-13-2018, 11:29 AM
there's no way to spin it, and whether he comes back or not doesn't change anything: this was a real bad look for kawhi.
i hope the relationship can be fixed, but this saga has altered just about everyone's perception of him - probably permanently

DPG21920
04-13-2018, 11:54 AM
It’s funny how people would call Pop out on some stuff he says but take other stuff as gospel.

So Pop and Co called him out and don’t have his back but Pop saying Kawhi not being with the team is ok because working out is more productive is just 100% fact and not something to take heat off Kawhi.

Ok.

Splits
04-13-2018, 12:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eASKsfw.png (https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2018/4/12/17230522/nba-playoffs-2018-kawhi-leonard-injury-spurs-western-conference)

we're the :loling stock of the league

FvckMavs
04-13-2018, 12:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eASKsfw.png (https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2018/4/12/17230522/nba-playoffs-2018-kawhi-leonard-injury-spurs-western-conference)

He is the :loling stock of the league

Rob123
04-13-2018, 12:40 PM
What a refreshing, enlightening perspective offered by the OP. After reading this post, I'll never look at Kawhi the same way ever again. My eyes have been opened to truths previously obscured.

:lol Not.

What an enlightening, thought provoking response. I'll never quite picture your internet persona the same when someone conjures up the image of a swollen pussy. My eyes have been opened to truths previously obscured.

Rob123
04-13-2018, 12:42 PM
:toast

Exactly.

Too many in this thread choke on the dudes dick.

Seventyniner
04-13-2018, 12:56 PM
As for the Supermax, it just doesn't make any sense to come with that offer right now. Think about it: the Spurs have refused to rule him out for the season 24 hours before the start of the playoffs; they are seemingly convinced that it's up to him to "feel ready to play", which he apparently can't or won't.

What follows from there should be to allow him few extra months to finally "feel ready to play" until their next meetup. If he or his camp agitate for the DPE before the former condition is met, then you start to listen on him very seriously because the jig is up right there.

This.

Can the Spurs offer him a less-than-DPE extension this summer? If they go to Kawhi and say "we can't trust you enough for the full supermax, but how about 5 years $190M? It's still more than you can get anywhere else" what is his response?