PDA

View Full Version : From a certain point of view....

IcemanCometh
10-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Perception is a funny thing. Its the driving force behind this dress code. The NBA feels it has an image policy galvanized by the events in Detroit. Plummetting ratings have gotten the owners to apply this ridculous bandage because their market experts believe it will be more appealing to "middle america". Middle America as we all know is a code word for white people who are uncomfortable around black people.

Perception changes how we feel about people, one minute we hate talk show pundits because they say someone besides the Spurs will win it all, we praise those very same "experts" when they agree with us on another issue.

Lets not forget the perceived sense that because these people make alot of money, because they were somehow luckier than we were in life their opinions and their values mean less than ours. They should just shut up about the dress code and accept it, afterall its what you would do in your theoretical life. Somehow Tim Duncan is less of a man and an embarresment to the franchise because he is willing to stand up for what he believes in.

Dress codes are fascist, I don't give a fuck if its what you had to do in school or even if its what your work forces you to do. You can maintan proper decorum without the rule of draconian law.

Oh and you can all go fuck yourselves

PM5K
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
What are you talking about, the dress code? I'm glad somebody finally made a thread about this....

fonzy16
10-20-2005, 11:23 AM
i agree with you! fuck fascist!

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Damn straight that dress codes are fascist. I was amazed that no one broke out the line from "Office Space".

"You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear."

coopdogg3
10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't remember that line in Office Space. Was that in a deleted scene? Might have to get buy the DVD now, that line is awesome.

coopdogg3

phyzik
10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
no, its not in the deleted scenes. I watched it last night actually lol. Its the part when the chick from Chochskys is argueing about theft and that just because she hates her job and she hates the "flair" buttons she has to wear doesnt mean she should steal.

He says maybe she should and thats when he says the line.

coopdogg3
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
LOL, yeah, now I remember. Cool. But just to be-labor the point, you all realize of course that dress codes have been around far longer than Fascism has.

coopdogg3

Marcus Bryant
10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Perception is a funny thing. Its the driving force behind this dress code. The NBA feels it has an image policy galvanized by the events in Detroit. Plummetting ratings have gotten the owners to apply this ridculous bandage because their market experts believe it will be more appealing to "middle america". Middle America as we all know is a code word for white people who are uncomfortable around black people.

Perception changes how we feel about people, one minute we hate talk show pundits because they say someone besides the Spurs will win it all, we praise those very same "experts" when they agree with us on another issue.

Lets not forget the perceived sense that because these people make alot of money, because they were somehow luckier than we were in life their opinions and their values mean less than ours. They should just shut up about the dress code and accept it, afterall its what you would do in your theoretical life. Somehow Tim Duncan is less of a man and an embarresment to the franchise because he is willing to stand up for what he believes in.

Dress codes are fascist, I don't give a fuck if its what you had to do in school or even if its what your work forces you to do. You can maintan proper decorum without the rule of draconian law.

Oh and you can all go fuck yourselves

:tu

And a hearty go fuck yourself to you too.

easjer
10-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Preach it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Yes! Let us all go fuck ourselves! I'll see if I can get an extended lunch break.