PDA

View Full Version : NBA: What current NBA star's legacy is going to inflate the most in retirement?

04-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Obviously excluding LeBron, who will probably be considered the goat directly after retirement.

Outside of him, I think Westbrook with his b2b triple double seasons will boost him up the most, unless more players do it after(which is completely possible, going into this stat padding era). KD Will probably be considered top 5 granted he plays to 34-35.

Unfortunately, I don't think Curry will ever get the respect he deserves, but the narrative might change if KD fizzles out in the playoffs this year without him. Peak Curry had the league hopeless in a way we hadnt seen since Jordan. Instead they'll say "He needed KD to beat LeBron :cry"

daslicer
04-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Westbrook legacy won't get a boost unless he win a championship. His back to back triple double seasons will be viewed the same way as Allen Iverson's scoring titles which is meaningless.

BD24
04-13-2018, 06:55 PM
Westbrook imo. People will look back at his stats without context. They will say, "imagine if he had help" forgetting that at one point he had a prime KD alongside him and drove him out of of town.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Westbrook imo. People will look back at his stats without context. They will say, "imagine if he had help" forgetting that at one point he had a prime KD alongside him and drove him out of of town.
:lol People still believe this narrative? Even in the tweets Durbeta sent from his burner accounts, Westbrook was the one guy on the Thunder he didn't throw under the bus. Durbeta left OKC because he's a pussy who wants easy rings, not because of Westbrook.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2018, 07:02 PM
For the record, the most overrated players from this era are going to be KD and CP0. They already are. People are just going to look at their efficiency stats and ignore their histories of choking when it matters. Durbeta has never won shit without another MVP holding his hand, and CP0 has failed with three champions (Peja/Chandler/West) in NOLA and two All-Stars (Blake/DJ) in LA. No other star in history has gotten the free pass those two get.

BD24
04-13-2018, 07:03 PM
:lol People still believe this narrative? Even in the tweets Durbeta sent from his burner accounts, Westbrook was the one guy on the Thunder he didn't throw under the bus. Durbeta left OKC because he's a pussy who wants easy rings, not because of Westbrook.
I am sure Westbrooks chucking had nothing to do with it...

Pretty sure there is interviews where the faggot throws shade at westbrook, I'm to lazy to look them up, but they are out there. Westbrook drove KD out of town anyway, regardless if KD said it. Anyone who thinks westbrooks chucking didn't have anything to do with it is lieing to themselves tbh.

Type KD throws shade at Westbrook into Google though and I am sure plenty of relevant results will pop up tbh.

Clipper Nation
04-13-2018, 07:06 PM
I am sure Westbrooks chucking had nothing to do with it...

Pretty sure there is interviews where the faggot throws shade at westbrook, I'm to lazy to look them up, but they are out there. Westbrook drove KD out of town anyway, regardless if KD said it. Anyone who thinks westbrooks chucking didn't have anything to do with it is lieing to themselves tbh.

Type KD throws shade at Westbrook into Google though and I am sure plenty of relevant results will pop up tbh.
In Durbeta's own words:

https://i.imgur.com/WeEepOa.jpg

Not "it was just him" - "it was just him and Russ." As in, Westbrook was the one non-objectionable part of the organization for him.

BD24
04-13-2018, 07:08 PM
And I can go find a tweet of him throwing shade at Westbrook as well, but I don't care enough to do that.

Its a Friday night though, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with a known westbrook fluffer. Have a good night man, go out and enjoy yourself.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 07:15 PM
OKC really screwed the pooch before by letting all their role players walk... and Scott Brooks is a good coach, a motivator and an adjuster, that was bad to fire him for a college coach tbh.

OKC could have had this decade's great dynasty and 3+ rings by now EASILY if they locked up Harden in Summer 2012 instead of trading him. One of the biggest WTF moves in NBA history.

lefty
04-13-2018, 07:17 PM
In Durbeta's own words:

https://i.imgur.com/WeEepOa.jpg

Not "it was just him" - "it was just him and Russ." As in, Westbrook was the one non-objectionable part of the organization for him.
:lol that KD fail was epic

Dingle Barry
04-13-2018, 07:34 PM

LOL no one is going to forget that. The savvy will always know him as a stat whore chucker.

spurraider21
04-13-2018, 08:02 PM
chris paul dragged the clippers into relevancy for a few years and CN hates him for that tbh. it was much easier being a "fan" of a losing team when nobody gave a shit about them :lol... but now CN has to hear about the clippers struggle in the media