PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: I still can't believe OKC traded Harden

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 07:19 PM
One of the worst trades in NBA history... forget the Gasol-Kwame trade, that was a rebuilder tanking trading a guy to a contender he wanted to play for for his talented little bro.

But Harden for an expiring old K-Mart? Jeeeeeeeeeez. Who on here doesn't think they wouldn't be the GSW of this era or better if they had kept Westbrook/Dominoes/Harden together? No way Durant would have left if they had kept Harden, Brooks and won at least one trophy.

All they had to do was trade Perkins which was fine because he was completely useless on offense. They could have kept the big three AND Ibaka. One of the greatest "would have beens" of all time next to the Duncan-McGrady-Hill trio in Orlando.

Dingle Barry
04-13-2018, 07:58 PM
I guess you forgot about Hill turning into a cripple in Orlando.

spurraider21
04-13-2018, 08:01 PM
they paid perkins 5/40 and ended being about 4 mil/year apart with harden iirc

UNT Eagles 2016
04-14-2018, 03:09 AM
I guess you forgot about Hill turning into a cripple in Orlando.
Was only 9 years old at the time but I remember that time he almost died because of it, literally. Some infection that went up his bones and into his bloodstream.

The Pistons were the ones to blame though for playing him in the playoffs after he went down towards the end of the last year he was there. Boy aren't you thankful the Spurs held out Timmy in the playoffs in 2000 instead of cutting out the torn meniscus and leaving bone on bone? In that case, Duncan would have been lucky if his career lasted to 2005.