PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Amick: Clippers "planning a trade package" for Kawhi if he becomes available

Clipper Nation
04-14-2018, 10:46 PM
Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West – would be well worth the hefty price it would take to get him. Maybe the Clippers offer their two first-round picks in this June's draft, and whatever combination of other talent the Spurs want in return. And suddenly, they're back in Western Conference contention again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/14/mysterious-kawhi-leonard-saga-leaves-spurs-helpless-against-warriors-playoff-opener/517797002/

RsxPiimp
04-14-2018, 11:08 PM
tatum,brown, rozier, lakers ‘18 1st rd pick, memphis ‘19 1st rd pick, clippers ‘19 1st rd pick + celtics own 1st rd pick.

pick a few.

ainge has too many assets got damn.

apalisoc_9
04-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Op is one lucky bastard. :cry

Wish Kawhi would stay but it is what it is. :cry

baseline bum
04-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Consider the Los Angeles Clippers one of the many teams keeping tabs on the situation. The Clippers are planning a trade package if Leonard ultimately becomes available, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Landing Leonard – who grew up outside of Los Angeles in Moreno Valley, hails from San Diego State and is known to be a favorite of Clippers consultant Jerry West – would be well worth the hefty price it would take to get him. Maybe the Clippers offer their two first-round picks in this June's draft, and whatever combination of other talent the Spurs want in return. And suddenly, they're back in Western Conference contention again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/14/mysterious-kawhi-leonard-saga-leaves-spurs-helpless-against-warriors-playoff-opener/517797002/

:rollin

What fucking talent? Lou Williams? Tobias Harris? I'd rather trade Kawhi to Detroit for a trade exception than take the Clippers trash. LOL picks 12, 13, and crap matching salary.

Clipper Nation
04-14-2018, 11:29 PM
:rollin

What fucking talent? Lou Williams? Tobias Harris? I'd rather trade Kawhi to Detroit for a trade exception than take the Clippers trash. LOL picks 12, 13, and crap matching salary.
Austin Rivers would fit in perfectly with 50Mills and Enrique, tbh :downspin:

baseline bum
04-14-2018, 11:32 PM

That's alright, you keep Coc and son.

TDMVPDPOY
04-15-2018, 02:33 AM
spurs should just let him go on a free or get the best package possible which is draft picks, rather develop them then getting back match salary crap to make a deal work

remember when derek anderson left? didnt hurt the spurs...

DeRozan m8
04-15-2018, 05:34 AM
Clippers have fuck all to offer.

Can thank Doc for that.

MultiTroll
04-15-2018, 09:51 AM
I'd love to say good joke, and while it is....
You know Cementhead would fully potentially do it. At this stage of his coaching career.

FkLA
04-15-2018, 10:01 AM
:depressed

BD24
04-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Sorry bro, Clippers don't have the assets to land him. Boston seems the most likely suitor, a few picks, Tatum, and maybe another young prospect probably gets it done.

Clipper Nation
04-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Sorry bro, Clippers don't have the assets to land him. Boston seems the most likely suitor, a few picks, Tatum, and maybe another young prospect probably gets it done.
You're forgetting how Ainge negotiates, tbh. If he can't humiliate PATFO with a one-sided deal, he'll just stand pat rather than give up any valuable assets.

LkrFan
04-15-2018, 01:38 PM

:lol

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 01:41 PM

Tatum in SA would be a great return ...rather than a pick ask for Tatum and Brown ...they refuse take Tatum and Rozier

Clipper Nation
04-15-2018, 01:48 PM
Meanwhile...

"I don't look at July 2018 as the litmus test of success," Pelinka said. "I think that there is a theme, a strategy, that you can see in history that is not going to be just defined by one moment. That will be the next point of time to see what happens, but there is a strong trend of success in our players and how the team is being managed that is going to continue going forward regardless of what specifically happens in July of 2018."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20180413-story.html

:lol Translation: "Don't get your hopes up, Laker fans. Nobody wants to play with Lonzo Bust."

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Meanwhile...

"I don't look at July 2018 as the litmus test of success," Pelinka said. "I think that there is a theme, a strategy, that you can see in history that is not going to be just defined by one moment. That will be the next point of time to see what happens, but there is a strong trend of success in our players and how the team is being managed that is going to continue going forward regardless of what specifically happens in July of 2018."

:lol Translation: "Don't get your hopes up, Laker fans. Nobody wants to play with Lonzo Bust."

what a shit take ...
Been saying the same as Maginka ...the media types like SAS pushing the FA or bust in 2018 is dumb..of course we should recruit LeBron (he aint coming), not in love withe George at max ...but if he replaces KCP we are better so you say yes ...but if we can keep Randle and young core at a reasonable rate ...i am fine with sraying with young core surrounded by 1 year rental vets. As long as randle, Ingram, Ball, Hart and kuz are developing im happy with direction of team. And if any those guys dont improve (including Zo) then you trade 'em

LkrFan
04-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Meanwhile...

Logo or no Logo, ain't no way Kiwi ends up a Clipper - unless there's collusion involvedPERIOD.

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Logo or no Logo, ain't no way Kiwi ends up a Clipper - unless there's collusion involvedPERIOD.

A injury prone player going to the Clips? Sounds like a perfect match, tbh ...
Do it, West!

Clipper Nation
04-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Collusion... you mean like the MVPau trade? :downspin:

jeebus
04-15-2018, 02:39 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Poop trades Kawhi for Austin Rivers and a second round pick. Meanwhile, Kawhi is in NYC getting his dick sucked by Lala Anthony while playing fortnite

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Poop trades Kawhi for Austin Rivers and a second round pick. Meanwhile, Kawhi is in NYC getting his dick sucked by Lala Anthony while playing fortnite

:lmao

DAF86
04-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Clippers don't have the assets. Celtics with Tatum, Brown, Rozier and draft picks. Lakers with Kuzma, Ingram and picks, or even the Sixers with Fultz, and whoever they want to give up of Simmons, Covington and Saric, look like the best trade partners.

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Clippers don't have the assets. Celtics with Tatum, Brown, Rozier and draft picks. Lakers with Kuzma, Ingram and picks, or even the Sixers with Fultz, and whoever they want to give up of Simmons, Covington and Saric, look like the best trade partners.

RsxPiimp
04-15-2018, 03:12 PM
:lol...

DAF86

Hey, PATFO wouldn't be doing their job if they don't at least ask. :lol

Killakobe81

harlem is right here ...
yes Kiwi is the better and more proven player ...
both have missed a year to injury ...
But Simmons is younger, the healthier player right now ...
and tbh Simmons is the better playmaker with better vision ...
Defensively its Kiwi and not close ...
but if im Sixers wouldnt trade him straight up for Simmons if both are healthy ...id rather have Simmons.

BD24
04-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Tatum in SA would be a great return ...rather than a pick ask for Tatum and Brown ...they refuse take Tatum and Rozier
Tatum and brown would be a fantastic haul tbh. Don’t really want rozier, would honestly rather take a few picks with Tatum.

would give us a young core of Murray, brown, and Tatum. I would be content with that for now.

LkrFan
04-15-2018, 04:03 PM
Collusion... you mean like the MVPau trade? :downspin:

baseline bum
04-15-2018, 04:07 PM

They refuse tell them to fuck off. Rozier is useless for a rebuild, especially considering the Spurs would have to take a big contract or two back.

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 04:15 PM
They refuse tell them to fuck off. Rozier is useless for a rebuild, especially considering the Spurs would have to take a big contract or two back.

rozier is a better defender and moreathletic thany any G on Spurs roster tbh murray though is debatable...love his wingspan.

baseline bum
04-15-2018, 04:17 PM
rozier is a bettee defender and motecathletic thsny any G on Spurs roster tbh

So is the corpse of Derrick Rose. Not a high bar to clear.

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 04:42 PM
So is the corpse of Derrick Rose. Not a high bar to clear.

just saying wouldnt it be nice to have some athletes ...i know they emphasize shooters like Forbes or Mills or versatile cats like slow-mo or Diaw but man if you let go of Kiwi athleticism becomes scarce

baseline bum
04-15-2018, 05:00 PM
just saying wouldnt it be nice to have some athletes ...i know they emphasize shootets like Forbes or Mills or versatile cats luke slow-mo or Diaw but man if you let go of Kiwi athleticism becomes scarce

If you let go of Kawhi you tank and a role player like Rozier is meaningless.

Killakobe81
04-15-2018, 05:09 PM
If you let go of Kawhi you tank and a role player like Rozier is meaningless.

Spurs dont tank unless a Robinson or Duncan is available

baseline bum
04-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Spurs dont tank unless a Robinson or Duncan is available

It would be a first for them to tank, but necessary. Aldridge can't take them anywhere and is old as fuck.

Stabula
04-16-2018, 01:42 AM
I'd trade him for anything good. If he still has a career, it's going to be a short one. His prime is over thanks to his health issues.

Ice009
04-16-2018, 11:55 AM
harlem is right here ...
yes Kiwi is the better and more proven player ...
both have missed a year to injury ...
But Simmons is younger, the healthier player right now ...
and tbh Simmons is the better playmaker with better vision ...
Defensively its Kiwi and not close ...
but if im Sixers wouldnt trade him straight up for Simmons if both are healthy ...id rather have Simmons.

I'd rather have Kawhi if both are healthy. Simmons is looking darn good, though, and he's also looking like a fantastic play maker, but if you need to win a game by being selfish and scoring some points yourself, I'm not sure Simmons is that type of player. Kawhi really did reach that next level in the 2017 playoffs before rolling his ankle. He showed a lot of Jordan like qualities up until he first sprained that ankle. Also, I'm defense first, so that is reason enough for me to take Kawhi over most players.

I'm also going to mention something weird. I had a dream about month or two ago and Simmons was in a Spurs uniform playing, and there was no Kawhi in sight. I'm not sure what that was about as I'm not the biggest Simmons fan and I hadn't even been watching the Sixers much at all this season. When I did watch a few of their games early in the season, it was more to watch Joel Embiid.