View Full Version : Mills

SAGirl
04-14-2018, 11:16 PM

jbspurs
04-14-2018, 11:22 PM
:bang

paperboy77
04-14-2018, 11:23 PM
Warriors always take advantage this way. I was like wtf is pop doing putting this starting line up out there? Nevertheless, Patty was trying as usual but is just an easy target when used this way against GS. Pop is the issue here. Hell White is playing well as he usually seems to do. Swap White and mills and maybe you got something. Even Kerr is goin with a g-leaguer and it’s working. This will be on Pop. (Outside of this KL debacle that is). Pop could do better for sure.

sasaint
04-14-2018, 11:28 PM
Warriors always take advantage this way. I was like wtf is pop doing putting this starting line up out there? Nevertheless, Patty was trying as usual but is just an easy target when used this way against GS. Pop is the issue here. Hell White is playing well as he usually seems to do. Swap White and mills and maybe you got something. Even Kerr is goin with a g-leaguer and it’s working. This will be on Pop. (Outside of this KL debacle that is). Pop could do better for sure.

It is on Pop for not developing DWhite through the season. Now is a pretty dicey time to have a G Leaguer start playing important minutes against the Dubs in the playoffs.

UZER
04-14-2018, 11:34 PM
I kinda feel bad for Mills. Hes a bench playing undersized two guard that is supposed to be spark off the bench, instant offense type guy.

He’s not an NBA point guard that should be getting major minutes in that roll. Pop fucked him over in the head because now hes not good at being a point guard OR shooting the ball. He’s just a small man running around out there.

Spurtacular
04-14-2018, 11:38 PM
Why keep Simmons on to guard Klaynus? That only makes sense.

TheGreatYacht
04-14-2018, 11:43 PM
That little midget must get concussions every time he has to play defense. He literally breaks his own ankles the minute the other guy starts his move.

At least back when he was 20 pounds lighter he used to apply pressure and take charges. Now he flails backwards, forward, left, and right.

MaNu4Tres
04-15-2018, 12:44 AM
I kinda feel bad for Mills. Hes a bench playing undersized two guard that is supposed to be spark off the bench, instant offense type guy.

He’s not an NBA point guard that should be getting major minutes in that roll. Pop fucked him over in the head because now hes not good at being a point guard OR shooting the ball. He’s just a small man running around out there.

Or maybe it's just that Mills carries very little value as a player vs the best teams that are prepared?

He sucks when it matters most.

He's not very good.

And he cant defend.

vander
04-15-2018, 12:49 AM
only 3 more years

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Aside from all this ^ How does Pop consider him a team leader?
No matter how he's playing he is still going to play the most minutes of anyone!!!

LakerHater
04-15-2018, 12:54 AM
At least back when he was 20 pounds lighter he used to apply pressure and take charges. Now he flails backwards, forward, left, and right.

BackHome
04-15-2018, 01:06 AM
We're the fuck is Daboom?

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2018, 01:34 AM
What's strange is that he's always a lock to play in key moments and/or get big minutes, regardless of how he's performing that game:lol

ceds
04-15-2018, 05:35 AM
we're lucky if we don't get swept tbh so im gonna celebrate what should be his last games as a spur before we move him

Highest paid aboriginal / tores islander ever

cheers to the Aussie baller :toast

tbdog
04-15-2018, 05:43 AM
Aside from all this ^ How does Pop consider him a team leader?
No matter how he's playing he is still going to play the most minutes of anyone!!!

I don't think Pop has a choice due to the team makeup. Obviously, chubby Mills has lost weight and has good stamina because he keeps on going. Green must have stamina issues. He hasn't played big minutes a for 2 years now. Manu is 41 and Fobes is so much worse than Mills. Murray still makes far too many mistakes to play him for long. Mills should be a 20min spark plug but we don't have the team to allow that. That's my theory anyway.

objective
04-15-2018, 06:19 AM
Mills is awful and his minutes should be at zero, just like Parker and Forbes. Murray, White, Manu, and Green should get all the minutes.

Everyone who had a clue knew in the summer that he and Pau couldn't play against GS.

By the way, how is that great culture and continuity working out for the Spurs with Mills? Because it sure looks like Kawhi has been dumping his ass all over the franchise. Isn't Mills supposed to be such a great glue guy that he keeps the locker room united and in good spirits?

:lol:

r0drig0lac
04-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Mills is awful and his minutes should be at zero, just like Parker and Forbes. Murray, White, Manu, and Green should get all the minutes.

Everyone who had a clue knew in the summer that he and Pau couldn't play against GS.

By the way, how is that great culture and continuity working out for the Spurs with Mills? Because it sure looks like Kawhi has been dumping his ass all over the franchise. Isn't Mills supposed to be such a great glue guy that he keeps the locker room united and in good spirits?

and do not forget that Aldridge (who is worshiped in spurstalk now) has asked for an trade less than 12 months

cd021
04-15-2018, 09:17 AM
He simply cannot start, he is literally the shortest player on the floor and with Iggy starting at the 1, there is no place to hide him.

What does Pop do? Put him on a player that is 7 inches taller and can easily shoot over him. What happens after that? Mills gets targetted and switched onto KD who then torches him.

Murray, Green, Gay, Bertans, LMA should be the SL tbh

K...
04-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Mills is an LMA guy. In a team where LMA still think's he's an outsider, Mills is the Bonner style parasite. In a sense, we made the playoffs which is all we'd expected from a Mills led team.

MAnu has been, as always, the main glue guy. We know he could leave next year, so the real value of mills won't be known till then. It's going to be disgusting but hopefully the team has new assets to mix in.

Raven
04-15-2018, 09:29 AM
when your D scheme is to always switch, you can't have such a black hole...

offset formation
04-15-2018, 09:35 AM
and do not forget that Aldridge (who is worshiped in spurstalk now) has asked for an trade less than 12 months

I simply dont get the disdain some of you guys are showing to players giving us their best. Fine, if their best isn't good enough for you then critique their play.

There's a rather unsettling vile nature to much of the so called fandom on this site and in sports sites in general.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2018, 09:37 AM
He contested '1 shot' maybe cause that constitutes getting a hand in a guy's face. He's kinda short, but I saw him at least attempting to defend when he was put in those situations. It wasn't lack of competing or anything, but physics.

He's not big enough to defend these guys. He'd probably be better off vs their 2nd unit, but the good thing about him (if he's on) is he has such a quick release that it helps when Aldridge is being blitzed. But he has to make them pay and knock down shots. Probably will be better at home

r0drig0lac
04-15-2018, 09:46 AM
I simply dont get the disdain some of you guys are showing to players giving us their best. Fine, if their best isn't good enough for you then critique their play.

There's a rather unsettling vile nature to much of the so called fandom on this site and in sports sites in general.

I did not criticize Aldridge, I was responding to the previous post about SA's internal problems since Duncan's retirement, which also include Aldridge asking for a trade one year later

offset formation
04-15-2018, 09:51 AM
I did not criticize Aldridge, I was responding to the previous post about SA's internal problems since Duncan's retirement, which also include Aldridge asking for a trade one year later

Yeah, I quoted the wrong post. That said, you seem to be needlessly knocking Aldridge given his balls out play this year. Really since he got here. He just had a subpar year last year. But even given that, hes given full energy and effort from day one in a Spurs uni.

paperboy77
04-15-2018, 10:07 AM
It is on Pop for not developing DWhite through the season. Now is a pretty dicey time to have a G Leaguer start playing important minutes against the Dubs in the playoffs.

This Playoff has zero reminiscence to past ones. It feels like adjustments have to be immediate. It’s pretty easy to see what matchups will not work. They have nothing to lose really by giving White or anyone with something, anything to contribute a chance. What we’re going to go 0-2? This sux big time! (As I write this NBA TV began a replay of this shitty game! “What a start for javelle McGee!”)

John B
04-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Spurs is great for playing to the players character, except for Mills. He is not a facilitator but a streaky 2nd stringer who takes advantage who runs with the 2nd team. He’s turnover prone when he tries to facilitate and gets against starter, especially an All-Star Thompson. Swap White who’s bigger and has more finesse. He brings the same outside shooting plus defense and could make a difference. Freaking start Parker too instead of Murray who has no outside shooting. He only gets LMA double team because Murray has no outside threat.

TheDoctor
04-15-2018, 10:22 AM
That little midget must get concussions every time he has to play defense. He literally breaks his own ankles the minute the other guy starts his move.

:lol..

tholdren
04-15-2018, 10:30 AM

Dumb stat that is subjective, out of context and probabky inaccurate. Anderson was the worst player on the team

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Agree with you 100%, which is why I objected to everyone that said the way the series against GSW went last season did not mean anything. This season has been a macrocosm of that series all season. A nightmare scenario for the Spurs.

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 02:28 PM
We're the fuck is Daboom?
On suicide watch

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 02:31 PM
He simply cannot start, he is literally the shortest player on the floor and with Iggy starting at the 1, there is no place to hide him.

What does Pop do? Put him on a player that is 7 inches taller and can easily shoot over him.
Doesn't even need to shoot over him... Drive by him works just fine too.

Pop is going to fold starting him all series.

SpursDynasty85
04-15-2018, 02:32 PM
This Playoff has zero reminiscence to past ones. It feels like adjustments have to be immediate. It’s pretty easy to see what matchups will not work. They have nothing to lose really by giving White or anyone with something, anything to contribute a chance. What we’re going to go 0-2? This sux big time! (As I write this NBA TV began a replay of this shitty game! “What a start for javelle McGee!”)

Agree. It is time to shake things up. Warriors were always going to win this without Kawhi. Might as well show the old dudes how lucky they are with those fat contracts. Also, peo e here think DERRICK white hasn't been developing in the g league. Being a leader on the g league seems like a great place to be as a rookie too.

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 02:35 PM
He contested '1 shot' maybe cause that constitutes getting a hand in a guy's face. He's kinda short, but I saw him at least attempting to defend when he was put in those situations. It wasn't lack of competing or anything, but physics.

He's not big enough to defend these guys. He'd probably be better off vs their 2nd unit, but the good thing about him (if he's on) is he has such a quick release that it helps when Aldridge is being blitzed. But he has to make them pay and knock down shots. Probably will be better at home
He's never on against GSW just the truth. Willing to eat crow if he has a 20 pt game, but I know I won't. (Anderson has had 2 20 pt games against them so it's not impossible right?)

TimDunkem
04-15-2018, 02:38 PM
The sad thing is that the Spurs need this bum. With players who have zero offensive talent like Murray, Green, and Anderson you need someone to stretch the floor.

This team is just one poorly constructed piece of shit.

SAGirl
04-15-2018, 02:42 PM
The sad thing is that the Spurs need this bum. With players who have zero offensive talent like Murray, Green, and Anderson you need someone to stretch the floor.

This team is just one poorly constructed piece of shit.
Willing to start Bertans or White over him tbh. Pop won't so this is just a hypothetical point.

TimDunkem
04-15-2018, 02:42 PM
He's never on against GSW just the truth. Willing to eat crow if he has a 20 pt game, but I know I won't. (Anderson has had 2 20 pt games against them so it's not impossible right?)

Tbh, that says it all. Kyle stinks and even he manages to drop 20 on GS from time to time.

I don't know how the Spurs can overvalue this guy so much. He can't dribble, he can't defend, isn't even that good at his one "skill", and can easily be taken out of the game against the best teams...

TimDunkem
04-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Meanwhile, guys like Marcus Morris, Brogdan, Rozier, and Middleton are hitting clutch 3s all over the place. Notice that they can hit threes, and do a little more than dribble aimlessly on the perimeter.

Walter Donovan
04-15-2018, 02:53 PM
The only time mills should ever be on the floor is with Manu. Manu essentially plays the role as PG when he and Mills are the only two guards on the court. Throw in Gay, Bertans, and Aldridge into this lineup for decent size and offense.

Porpovich gotta get more creative/logical with these lineups if he even wants to compete with Goden Stat.

CGD
04-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Patty deserve a shot on another team next year. Spurs are asking him to be something he’s not.

He’d be a great role player in Philly with his boy Brett. They’ll be looking for a JJ replacement too.

bklynspursfan
04-15-2018, 02:58 PM

They make it a point to slow him down, I remember they said as much last post season. Aldridge and Mills were their focus once Kawhi went out. It's why they have Klay shadow him.

It's unfortunate but hopefully he gets it going. If not, whoever plays over him gets going

TimDunkem
04-15-2018, 03:01 PM
They make it a point to slow him down, I remember they said as much last post season. Aldridge and Mills were their focus once Kawhi went out. It's why they have Klay shadow him.

It's unfortunate but hopefully he gets it going. If not, whoever plays over him gets going

:lol Of course they do. He is easily taken out of the game because he can't do anything well, and that makes it much tougher on Aldridge with zero spacing out there. Simple gameplan for a poorly constructed team.

Strategic
04-15-2018, 03:17 PM
He just seems to be the one guy on the team that doesn’t fit. Even if they have NBA talent there’s only so many 6’2” guys one team can use in this league. I wasn’t sold on Jon Simmons but I would rather have him. Pop kept the ass kisser. Seems to be a trend.

offset formation
04-15-2018, 03:20 PM
:lol Of course they do. He is easily taken out of the game because he can't do anything well, and that makes it much tougher on Aldridge with zero spacing out there. Simple gameplan for a poorly constructed team.

Again I ask each time one of y'all makes this claim...how many other teams would be criticized for their roster constructionwhen the flaws are exposed by not having your top dog on the court? Everything that appears now as clear shortcomings does not exist when Kawhi is also on the floor.

Do you really think PATFO is so stupid?

TimDunkem
04-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Yes because those flaws were painfully obvious last year. It's clear this team goes as far as Kawhi takes them. Everyone else is just plain awful.

tholdren
04-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Agree with you 100%, which is why I objected to everyone that said the way the series against GSW went last season did not mean anything. This season has been a macrocosm of that series all season. A nightmare scenario for the Spurs.

Dumb replying to dumber...^^^^^