PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen takes shots at Kawhi

daslicer
04-16-2018, 04:49 PM
hehXVGYRv58

spursistan
04-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Complete disaster..He is taking an absolute beating in the media and twitter..

And this dude still want a Harden-like shoe deal while hiding in his uncle basement..GTFO :lol

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 04:55 PM
and there's no doubt that he's resenting the team not standing up for him...

the spurs could have avoided all this shit if they just ruled him out for the season if that's the indication they've been getting

cd98
04-16-2018, 04:58 PM
Ouch. Message to Uncle...turn Kawhi's representation back to the professionals.

Perry Mason
04-16-2018, 04:58 PM
Kawhi is getting terrible advice from his "group." Scottie's opinion carries real weight here.

Kawhi needs to recall he is a professional entertainer. Yes, fans respect personality differences (see Tim Duncan, and Kawhi himself), but there needs to be some level of reassurance that those who claim the mantle of representing a city actually want to continue a relationship with that city and its fans. You don't do that by silence and ambiguity.

RD2191
04-16-2018, 04:59 PM
Who? Some old bum trying to stay relevant?

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:00 PM

the spurs could have avoided all this shit if they just ruled him out for the season if that's the indication they've been getting

But you don't know if Kawhi wanted to be ruled out or not. If he wasn't coming back, he's the one that needed to say it when he took his care out of the team's hand and put it in his own. For all you know, the Spurs would have ruled him out and then Kawhi would've been mad because he was trying to make a comeback and felt that they were dismissing his rehab efforts. While I'm sure that if you dig in, there is blame to go around, most of the lack of communication is on Kawhi and his inexperienced Uncle who is ruining Kawhi's market value by the day.

SpurPadre

It's hard to do that when you have two aging surefire HOF'ers playing despite having dealt with more serious injuries, with one of them only coming back this season for one last hurrah to go out as Champ like Da Admiral did. And then you have Rudy Gay coming off a career threatening injury, picking the Spurs because he thought they'd be contenders with Kawhi so I can understand the team not being eager to stand up for him tbh.

TheGreatYacht
Who gives a shit what this beta faggot thinks? Just because your pussy ass was completely fine under Jordan's shadow doesn't mean Kawhi is fine with craterface taking the credit.

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:02 PM
When former players of the magnitude of Scottie are saying these things, how does that affect the marketability of your shoes?

exstatic

Why should they? They ask for updates from his "group", and all they hear is "he's not ready". You make THEM be the bad guys, you don't take that bullet. If you do rule him out, his "Group" can always say he was ready at some point, but the Spurs closed the door on him. You don't give them that out. They're the ones deciding (or waffling depending on your POV), they SHOULD feel the heat.

Keepin' it real
Scottie being so hateful and intolerant. -- :claw

https://static.brusheezy.com/system/resources/previews/000/001/337/non_2x/snowflakes-brushes.jpg

RD2191
04-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Who gives a shit what this beta faggot thinks? Just because your pussy ass was completely fine under Jordan's shadow doesn't mean Kawhi is fine with craterface taking the credit.

:wow go easy on them

spursistan
Kawhi is completely destroying his brand right now..

dbestpro

I actually thought you were talking about Leonard after reading the first sentence.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Love Scottie, one of the most underrated players of all-time, overshadowed by the Jordan propaganda machine, tbh..

:lol Kawhi fanboys dismissing the opinion of a top 40 player of all-time, yet using the opinion of career journeyman, mediocre Stephen Jackson in their arguments..stay consistent..

SpurPadre
04-16-2018, 05:06 PM
When former players of the magnitude of Scottie are saying these things, how does that affect the marketability of your shoes?

It affects it if said player has shared titles with the guy trying to market your shoes, tbh.

daslicer
04-16-2018, 05:07 PM

:lol The irony coming from a guy who cared about what a beta faggot in Max Kellerman had to say about the situation.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2018, 05:08 PM

It doesn't, tbh..kids don't care what Scottie Pippen has to say:lol

Being a snake doesn't affect marketing, look at Durant..Kawhi will be fine in that regard..he'll have to rehabilitate his image with his peers, though, but that won't have much of an effect on his branding if he's still a top-tier player..

TheGreatYacht
04-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Bunch of beta neckbeards stroking a dude who's wife cucked him for Future the rapper :lol

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Love Scottie, one of the most underrated players of all-time, overshadowed by the Jordan propaganda machine, tbh..

:lol Kawhi fanboys dismissing the opinion of a top 40 player of all-time, yet using the opinion of career journeyman, mediocre Stephen Jackson in their arguments..stay consistent..

Yep, and it's not just Scottie. It's Barkley and everyone else you hand a microphone to and ask about the situation. I don't think Kawhi is blowing this on purpose, though. I think he's getting bad advice from a guy that doesn't have media savvy or understand marketing. He needs to get a real agent quick. He'll get his NBA contract from someone, but he's marketability is taking a hit every time an all-timer calls him out for not playing or explaining himself.

daslicer
04-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Yep, and it's not just Scottie. It's Barkley and everyone else you hand a microphone to and ask about the situation. I don't think Kawhi is blowing this on purpose, though. I think he's getting bad advice from a guy that doesn't have media savvy or understand marketing. He needs to get a real agent quick. He'll get his NBA contract from someone, but he's marketability is taking a hit every time an all-timer calls him out for not playing or explaining himself.

I don't think he ever had marketability to begin with. He's a mute who has zero personality and charisma.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:15 PM

:lmao Blaming the Spurs at all here. SA has gone above and beyond to protect Kawhi. The story is out now though. He brought it on himself by leaving the team and leaving everyone else holding the bag.

It’s 100% on Kawhi. Even now, not ruling him out was a favor to Kawhi. It gives them something to point to that “Kawhi is still working hard to come back” to help his image. But there is only so much you can flat out lie after being asked over and over and over when Kawhi looks worse and worse.

They didn’t rule him out because like Kawhi told the media - “he was close”. If you were close and working that hard to come back, the team had his back by not ruling him out and keeping up the appearance that rehab was the reason he was away from the team; we know that is probably not the case fully.

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:15 PM

Being a snake doesn't affect marketing, look at Durant..Kawhi will be fine in that regard..he'll have to rehabilitate his image with his peers, though, but that won't have much of an effect on his branding if he's still a top-tier player..

Eh, I don't know. I've got a 14 year old son (who plays basketball) who is a big basketball fan. I brought him up on the Spurs, but of all the players he likes, Kawhi isn't one where he wants to buy his shoes or get his jersey. And that was before this mess. Out of sight, out of mind. But then you hear the echo of players calling him a quitter and a bad teammate. You don't think that has an impact? Look no further than Demarcus Cousins. He's a guy that could've been a super max, but his reputation killed him. It matters when you get labeled, and right now Kawhi is getting labeled. Durant was labeled, but then he won a title. You can't guarantee that Kawhi will ever win another title.

SpurPadre
04-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Bunch of beta neckbeards stroking a dude who's wife cucked him for Future the rapper :lol

While you always stroke a dude who fucked a teammate's wife as if you know what it means to be a loyal teammate. :lol

DPG21920
But you don't know if Kawhi wanted to be ruled out or not. If he wasn't coming back, he's the one that needed to say it when he took his care out of the team's hand and put it in his own. For all you know, the Spurs would have ruled him out and then Kawhi would've been mad because he was trying to make a comeback and felt that they were dismissing his rehab efforts. While I'm sure that if you dig in, there is blame to go around, most of the lack of communication is on Kawhi and his inexperienced Uncle who is ruining Kawhi's market value by the day.

Spot on

YGWHI

Exactly. Kawhi only needs to be able to heal and reach his previous level of play again. Doesn't matter where he will play, only matters his level. If he plays great, no one in market will remember this drama.

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:17 PM
I don't think he ever had marketability to begin with. He's a mute who has zero personality and charisma.

Yes and no. He's definitely not going to be a Kyrie Irving, but he was good enough that even if he wasn't a top 5 marketing guy, he was still on everyone's lip when they asked about the best in the game. This will hurt him. It already has.

DPG21920

In fact, it’s been pretty consistent with players views on Kawhi with the exception of Jackson who has an obvious axe to grind vs the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
While you always stroke a dude who fucked a teammate's wife as if you know what it means to be a loyal teammate. :lol
I give props to those that do the cucking. All of y'all betas otoh.....

r0drig0lac
04-16-2018, 05:18 PM
Kawhi is completely destroying his brand right now..

unfortunately for him and for SA, I think you are correct here

daslicer
04-16-2018, 05:18 PM

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2018, 05:19 PM

He has done pretty well for himself from a marketing standpoint, all things considered..

A lot of people liked Kawhi's demeanor, he didn't have to have charisma to be marketable, tbh..his "silent assassin" and humble image made him very popular, and many enjoyed that he wasn't the typical NBA superstar that recruits others, puts on an act, etc..

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Exactly. Kawhi only needs to be able to heal and reach his previous level of play again. Doesn't matter where he will play, only matters his level. If he plays great, no one in market will remember this drama.

His teammates and management will. SA have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt they take care of the players and are OVERLY cautious and protective.

Kawhi has had to do 1, 1 damn interview this entire time. No other franchise would protect their guy that much.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 05:21 PM
people think my saying the team could have approached things differently is the same as me saying this situation is all PATFO's fault and kawhi is an innocent angel in all this.

if the main incentive is the have this team competing for championships, the goal should be to do what you can to reconcile your relationship with kawhi, even if his actions have put you in a tough spot

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:21 PM

Maybe, but when is he signing his shoe deal? He's up for renewal now. If you are Nike or Addidas or whatever, are you breaking the bank for a guy that former players are calling out? Maybe he has a rebound year next year, but you just don't know. Maybe he still has pain and it never goes away. Or maybe last year was an outlier and he never plays on that level again (See Arenas and his play until he got a huge contract). Maybe he tears an ACL next year in the first game. His agent/uncle needs to get savvy quickly because he's moving backwards instead of forwards in his marketability.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:23 PM
But you don't know if Kawhi wanted to be ruled out or not.
WE don't know. But Pop already knows it. Kawhi traveled with Spurs' personnel every time and Pop knows what's happening.

He even said just a few weeks ago that Spurs doctors agreed with Kawhi doctors..Pop knows that his doctors said he's not able to play but he made the decision not to rule Kawhi out for the postseason.

Again, a player doesn't rule out himself, it's the team telling the league the news.

lefty
04-16-2018, 05:24 PM
:lmao

cd98
04-16-2018, 05:25 PM
WE don't know. But Pop already knows it. Kawhi traveled with Spurs' personnel every time and Pop knows what's happening.

He even said just a few weeks ago that Spurs doctors agreed with Kawhi doctors..Pop knows that his doctors said he's not able to play but he made the decision not to rule Kawhi out for the postseason.

Again, a player doesn't rule out himself, it's the team telling the league the news.

Yes, but as Pop has also made clear, it's not the team that decides if he is healthy or not, it's Kawhi and his group. So Kawhi and his group may not have ruled out Kawhi for the playoffs. Who knows? But it's not Pop's job to talk for the group, that's Kawhi or his agent/uncle.

lefty
04-16-2018, 05:25 PM

:wow

SpurPadre
04-16-2018, 05:27 PM

And the dude that did the cucking said this about Kawhi: “I’ve been through it,” Parker, who reportedly spearheaded the meeting, told reporters Friday. “It was a rehab for me for eight months. Same kind of injury (as Leonard’s), but mine was a hundred times worse...”

When you make a teammate wife fucker look like a model teammate, you know you've fucked up, tbh.

Mugen
04-16-2018, 05:27 PM
I mean Kawhi was on the bench for most of the season cheering on his teammates. It was only until after the players only meeting and Porky calling him out through the media did he stop showing up. Not saying that Porky, the team, or Pop are to blame for the handling of this since they've already bent over backwards to accommodate and protect Kawhi and his "group."

More just to point out that he was obviously bothered by the guys proactively coming to him to set the record straight. Not sure how I feel about a supposed franchise player reacting to a players only meeting by getting the hell out of dodge tbh....

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:28 PM
people think my saying the team could have approached things differently is the same as me saying this situation is all PATFO's fault and kawhi is an innocent angel in all this.

if the main incentive is the have this team competing for championships, the goal should be to do what you can to reconcile your relationship with kawhi, even if his actions have put you in a tough spot

What people have issue with is you ONLY seem to make the point about SA not protecting Kawhi (which is false) and NEVER say much about Kawhi’s role in this (he is the main person doing the damage)

Dingle Barry
04-16-2018, 05:28 PM
The shoe deal Unkie street smart is leading Kawhi to
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0679/3367/products/emoji-slippers-poop-side-view-dual.png?v=1457984873

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:29 PM
I mean Kawhi was on the bench for most of the season cheering on his teammates. It was only until after the players only meeting and Porky calling him out through the media did he stop showing up. Not saying that Porky, the team, or Pop are to blame for the handling of this since they've already bent over backwards to accommodate and protect Kawhi and his "group."

More just to point out that he was obviously bothered by the guys proactively coming to him to set the record straight. Not sure how I feel about a supposed franchise player reacting to a players only meeting by getting the hell out of dodge tbh....

Even when Kawhi was at the games, you heard of things about him being totally disengaged. Whether that was at practice, team meetings, etc..

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:30 PM
Maybe, but when is he signing his shoe deal? He's up for renewal now. If you are Nike or Addidas or whatever, are you breaking the bank for a guy that former players are calling out? Maybe he has a rebound year next year, but you just don't know. Maybe he still has pain and it never goes away. Or maybe last year was an outlier and he never plays on that level again (See Arenas and his play until he got a huge contract). Maybe he tears an ACL next year in the first game. His agent/uncle needs to get savvy quickly because he's moving backwards instead of forwards in his marketability.

I guess everyone knows he can't get a new deal after a lost-season like this. His agent didn't agree with Jordan because they can get a better contract if Kawhi is playing next season.

He'll have to wait to heal and return on court to sign a new shoe deal.

The part of your post about if he doesn't recovery from this injury....Then he'll have a bigger issue than a shoe deal. He'll have to adapt to his new form or retire.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 05:32 PM
What people have issue with is you ONLY seem to make the point about SA not protecting Kawhi (which is false) and NEVER say much about Kawhi’s role in this (he is the main person doing the damage)
that just means you have a poor recollection of my post history, nothing more

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Yes, but as Pop has also made clear, it's not the team that decides if he is healthy or not, it's Kawhi and his group. So Kawhi and his group may not have ruled out Kawhi for the playoffs. Who knows? But it's not Pop's job to talk for the group, that's Kawhi or his agent/uncle.
Jabari Young said his doctors didn't cleared him in this trip. And Pop knows it.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:35 PM
that just means you have a poor recollection of my post history, nothing more

Maybe, but even if that’s true I believe your post regarding the Spurs protecting Kawhi suck anyways :lol

RD2191
04-16-2018, 05:35 PM
And the dude that did the cucking said this about Kawhi: “I’ve been through it,” Parker, who reportedly spearheaded the meeting, told reporters Friday. “It was a rehab for me for eight months. Same kind of injury (as Leonard’s), but mine was a hundred times worse...”

When you make a teammate wife fucker look like a model teammate, you know you've fucked up, tbh.

Lol. Wtf does Porker know about Kawhi's body? A hundred times worse? Since when is TP a Dr?

RD2191
04-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Even when Kawhi was at the games, you heard of things about him being totally disengaged. Whether that was at practice, team meetings, etc..

I didn't know you were so into gossip :lol

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Jabari Young said his doctors didn't cleared him in this trip. And Pop knows it.

Not being cleared is not the same as ‘out for good”. Kawhi, unless he flat out lied to the media/fans, said he was “close” to the point where the most credible reporter in all of sports (Woj) said Kawhi was expected back by mid-March.

So since that did not happen, and it’s not on Pop and Kawhi left the team and is with his own medical team, unless they reported a major setback (which nothing has come out on that from Kawhi or the Spurs) then it’s on them.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Yaaasss Queen

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:42 PM
His teammates and management will.
SAS teammates? Or his future teammates?

SAS teammates didn't have any issue with his personality until he got injured.

I doubt his new teammates would have a problem with him if he can play again, making his new team better.

weebo
04-16-2018, 05:45 PM

The Spurs medical staff cleared him to play. The guy is getting paid 19 mil a year to play a game. Stand up for him? :lol

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:47 PM
SAS teammates? Or his future teammates?

SAS teammates didn't have any issue with his personality until he got injured.

I doubt his new teammates would have a problem with him if he can play again, making his new team better.

My friend, reputations matter. If you don’t think players will give him side eye after this you’re wrong. Does that mean it can’t be overcome? Of course not.

But his SAS teammates didn’t have an issue w/ his personality until he revealed this new side of himself that disappears with no sense of brotherhood.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Not being cleared is not the same as ‘out for good”. Kawhi, unless he flat out lied to the media/fans, said he was “close” to the point where the most credible reporter in all of sports (Woj) said Kawhi was expected back by mid-March.

So since that did not happen, and it’s not on Pop and Kawhi left the team and is with his own medical team, unless they reported a major setback (which nothing has come out on that from Kawhi or the Spurs) then it’s on them.

Danny Green said Kawhi had set-backs, did you hear the Spurs or his doctors say a word about them?

No one side can talk to the media about major setbacks because it decrease Kawhi's trade value.

But if Danny knows about those setbacks, it's pretty obvious that Pop too.

Mugen
04-16-2018, 05:49 PM

I guess I missed that part. Was that from Manu's comment the other week?

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Danny Green said Kawhi had set-backs, did you hear the Spurs or his doctors say a word about them?

No one side can talk to the media about major setbacks because it decrease Kawhi's trade value.

But if Danny knows about those setbacks, it's pretty obvious that Pop too.

That’s bullsh*t and you know it. You ignored the entire part of what I said about Kawhi HIMSELF saying he was close. About Woj reporting he would be back mid-March.

That is why SA hasn’t ruled him out. To protect him and because Kawhi himself has not said otherwise.

By your own convoluted logic if talking about a setback would “hurt his trade value” then ruling him out would signify that there was a setback and the injury was so severe that even after 2 months with his own doctors he could not get cleared.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too as much as you want to do so.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 05:50 PM
I guess I missed that part. Was that from Manu's comment the other week?

Part of it. This stuff has been coming out since February though.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Maybe, but even if that’s true I believe your post regarding the Spurs protecting Kawhi suck anyways :lol
Ok

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-16-2018, 05:53 PM
lmao still not a peep from Kawhi. You'd figure he would have the sense to say a few words to the media and quiet down all the speculation and frustration. Otherwise, it's just going to keep getting louder and louder

weebo
04-16-2018, 05:54 PM

What exactly do you expect from the Spurs FO? Seems to me like they've been catering to KL and his group since all this fiasco started.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 05:59 PM
My friend, reputations matter. If you don’t think players will give him side eye after this you’re wrong. Does that mean it can’t be overcome? Of course not.
This only matters.

Many players with questionable rep in the NBA history have been loved for the new franchise/city. Plus, Kawhi's a gym-rat, if he's healthy his new teammates will love him.

Just look at ZBo. People talked shit about him all time until he signed with Memphis....There are many, many examples like this.

spursistan
04-16-2018, 06:00 PM
That’s bullsh*t and you know it. You ignored the entire part of what I said about Kawhi HIMSELF saying he was close. About Woj reporting he would be back mid-March.

That is why SA hasn’t ruled him out. To protect him and because Kawhi himself has not said otherwise.

By your own convoluted logic if talking about a setback would “hurt his trade value” then ruling him out would signify that there was a setback and the injury was so severe that even after 2 months with his own doctors he could not get cleared.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too as much as you want to do so.
I admire DPG for having this much patience while he eviscerates the fanboys even it's too easy to see the smug obtuseness of some them :lol..

Chillen
04-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Pippen makes some excellent points but Kawhi is not playing because he is hurt or because he doesn't want to play for Spurs anymore. Yes not being on the bench could be a team request. Either way this is looking bleak for Spurs.

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:02 PM
What exactly do you expect from the Spurs FO? Seems to me like they've been catering to KL and his group since all this fiasco started.

It's interesting because my impression is that the Spurs front office thinks that Kawhi is getting bad advice from his uncle and that his uncle is inexperienced. I think they are more or less putting pressure on the uncle to deliver in hopes that he'll flail and then they can deal with a professional agent that can give Kawhi more experienced and predictable advice.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Pippen makes some excellent points but Kawhi is not playing because he is hurt or because he doesn't want to play for Spurs anymore. Yes not being on the bench could be a team request. Either way this is looking bleak for Spurs.

it’s a mutual decision based on how it was handled and as things currently stand. It didn’t have to be this way and is only this way because of how Kawhi has handled this.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Nah...Talking about multiple setbacks decreases his value more than ruling him out now.

While they keep the mystery about his setbacks and how his rehab was in last months, they still can get something for him.

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Kawhi is clearly hurt... Tried to come back when doctors cleared him and realized they were wrong for clearing him because he could barely walk after the game... The media love milking this theory that he can play but doesn't want to, nor doesn't want to be around his teammates... They completely ignore the interview when Pop said he is much better off rehabbing than sitting on the bench... But who gives a fuck about facts when the lie is more entertaining? Can't wait to see what they will talk about when Kawhi signs that contract and completely fucks up everyone on the court next year

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:08 PM
Nah...Talking about multiple setbacks decreases his value more than ruling him out now.

While they keep the mystery about how his rehab was in last months, they still can get something for him.

No. Any team that trades for Kawhi will want to make absolutely sure he is not going to miss another season with this injury. In fact, I'm betting that if the Spurs did trade Kawhi this summer (which I doubt they do), they would get pennies on the dollar not just because of the one year rental factor, but because the mystery created by his injury.

spurraider21
1 - be more supportive in public statements, instead of snappy comments from pop saying "ask his group." When asked about him, statements like "we support kawhi in his recovery" etc.
2 - i've been annoyed with the "DNP - Return from Injury Management" language instead of just a more generic "DNP - Quad"

i also think the onus has been on kawhi for a long time to make public statements. i know he's a quiet guy, but when there's been a media storm over this whole thing, he should have made himself available, answer some tough questions, and do HIS part to put the fire out. i also have been critical of his not being at games or not being at the facility with teammates. it's a bad look when his own teammates say shit like "he doesn't practice with us, he's never around "etc. kawhi is putting the guys in unfair positions because of his reluctance to answer questions

weebo
Kawhi is clearly hurt... Tried to come back when doctors cleared him and realized they were wrong for clearing him because he could barely walk after the game... The media love milking this theory that he can play but doesn't want to, nor doesn't want to be around his teammates... They completely ignore the interview when Pop said he is much better off rehabbing than sitting on the bench... But who gives a fuck about facts when the lie is more entertaining? Can't wait to see what they will talk about when Kawhi signs that contract and completely fucks up everyone on the court next year

This is Pop and the Spurs protecting/standing up for KL...

Gummi Clutch
04-16-2018, 06:10 PM

I don't think I'm a fanboi, I just know we're not going anywhere without him and Pop's antiquated style of play + dealing with stars palyed a role imo

UZER
04-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Jabari going for that Brian Windhorst role. “Kawhi, take me with you.”

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 06:11 PM
agreed. i guess i was hoping for more of this, rather than some of the more passive aggressive stuff like we saw after game 1

DPG21920

So do you blame the Spurs doctors? Or just a freak injury?

cd98

I'd bet it's not that cut and dry. I'm sure he is experiencing some pain, but also think he could play and play well. I think the Spurs staff thinks if he played, there'd be no risk of future injury, and I think Kawhi disagrees. I think Kawhi wants to be pain free no matter if that pain is on a scale of 10 or 1. In other words, I think if Kawhi were Kobe or MJ, I think he would be playing and probably would've been playing for the last month. That doesn't mean he isn't injured, I just think the Spurs and Kawhi have a difference of opinion on where he needs to be before he can play.

daslicer
04-16-2018, 06:13 PM
Jabari going for that Brian Windhorst role. “Kawhi, take me with you.”

:lol Yes Jabari is hoping this is his ticket to get out of SA and go to a bigger market.

Capt Bringdown
Durant now has competition for the title of the league's biggest bitch-made clown, and his name is Kawhi Leonard.

YGWHI
it’s a mutual decision based on how it was handled and as things currently stand. It didn’t have to be this way and is only this way because of how Kawhi has handled this

Only...Because you don't want to consider that Kawhi could truly believe Spurs' doctors mishandled his injured. If he feels that way, many things would make sense.

Keepin' it real
04-16-2018, 06:15 PM

An incredibly large mute.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/88/19/a4/8819a4c55a32cad0e1ae2397a7eea309.jpg

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:16 PM
Only...Because you don't want to consider that Kawhi could truly believe Spurs' doctors mishandled his injured. If he feels that way, many things would make sense.

Regardless if the team doctors blew it or not, Kawhi could've stopped the current negativity. It hurts the Spurs a little, but it hurts Kawhi more, I think. But either way, I think this is more of an uncle thing than a Kawhi thing. An experienced agent wouldn't have let things get this far.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 06:17 PM
:lol Yes Jabari is hoping this is his ticket to get out of SA and go to a bigger market.

Kawhi wants out, Jabari wants to go to a bigger market...I doubt it. Everyone wants to leave SA now??

I wonder how you call yourself a Spurs fan if you think SA isn't a market/city that people want to stay in...

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:19 PM

Or it could be the truth... Just Sunday they reported the team agrees that Kawhi should be in NY rehabbing... They're telling u what is going on, yet u guys prefer to believe the drama

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:20 PM

No, not really. Be mad at the Spurs doctors all you want. But dont take it out on your teammates. It’s the rule of sports and teammates. Business is business, but those are your brothers. Be there for them even if you are mad at management.

Also, does Kawhi feel a bit foolish that even after he’s been with his own team for months on end and where he himself said he was close that he never got cleared?

Maybe it was not the Spurs doctors and it was just a tricky injury? Hopefully he learned (the hard way) on this one.

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:21 PM
So do you blame the Spurs doctors? Or just a freak injury?

It is an injury he has been playing with forever... He is just now deciding to let it heal

weebo
1 - be more supportive in public statements, instead of snappy comments from pop saying "ask his group." When asked about him, statements like "we support kawhi in his recovery" etc.
2 - i've been annoyed with the "DNP - Return from Injury Management" language instead of just a more generic "DNP - Quad"

i also think the onus has been on kawhi for a long time to make public statements. i know he's a quiet guy, but when there's been a media storm over this whole thing, he should have made himself available, answer some tough questions, and do HIS part to put the fire out. i also have been critical of his not being at games or not being at the facility with teammates. it's a bad look when his own teammates say shit like "he doesn't practice with us, he's never around "etc. kawhi is putting the guys in unfair positions because of his reluctance to answer questions

See, this is the part I don't understand. KL is a grown man making millions of dollars playing a game--there should be no need from the Spurs/Pop/teammates to stick up for KL after 9 months of this garbage, especially after the Spurs own medical team cleared him to play--so ya Pop's comment should sting---the DNP should hurt. It's Pop and the Spurs calling this pussy out.

From DRob's bad back, TD's knee, Parker's quad, Manu's everything :lol and on and on...these guys played hurt yet this guy can't even sit behind the bench..FOH

duncan2k5
I'd bet it's not that cut and dry. I'm sure he is experiencing some pain, but also think he could play and play well. I think the Spurs staff thinks if he played, there'd be no risk of future injury, and I think Kawhi disagrees. I think Kawhi wants to be pain free no matter if that pain is on a scale of 10 or 1. In other words, I think if Kawhi were Kobe or MJ, I think he would be playing and probably would've been playing for the last month. That doesn't mean he isn't injured, I just think the Spurs and Kawhi have a difference of opinion on where he needs to be before he can play.

Did he play well when he played the 9 games? U guys on here THRASHED him!

Mugen
04-16-2018, 06:22 PM
I don't disagree but Pip also refused to enter the game because Phil drew a play up for Toni Kukoc instead of him. Not sure if he's the end all be all for being the ultimate teammate tbh

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:23 PM

Kawhi was playing with pain for the entire playoffs last year... Don't act as if he has zero tolerance... But no one should be walking the way he was walking after the 9 games and expect to play an entire season... He wasn't just limping... He could barely walk

YGWHI
Regardless if the team doctors blew it or not, Kawhi could've stopped the current negativity. It hurts the Spurs a little, but it hurts Kawhi more, I think. But either way, I think this is more of an uncle thing than a Kawhi thing. An experienced agent wouldn't have let things get this far.

I guess there isn't an agent in the world that can convince a player if he feels someone on his team made a mistake that didn't allow him to play in a season where he could have won NBA awards, and could have signed a super-max contract & massive shoe deal.

DPG21920
It is an injury he has been playing with forever... He is just now deciding to let it heal

So then you don’t agree with Ygwhi about Kawhi being mad at SA doctors.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
See, this is the part I don't understand. KL is a grown man making millions of dollars playing a game--there should be no need from the Spurs/Pop/teammates to stick up for KL after 9 months of this garbage, especially after the Spurs own medical team cleared him to play--so ya Pop's comment should sting---the DNP should hurt. It's Pop and the Spurs calling this pussy out.

From DRob's bad back, TD's knee, Parker's quad, Manu's everything :lol and on and on...these guys played hurt yet this guy can't even sit behind the bench..FOH

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:24 PM

He tried to with his interview, and it didn't stop anything... So why try?

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 06:25 PM
i'd prefer

a) the spurs to cave in to kawhi's bitchiness and win championships

than

b) the spurs stay principled, dont do kawhi any favors considering the shit he's put them through, and kawhi ends up and the door and spurs are mediocre for years to come

dbreiden83080
04-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Just trading him away is going to be BAD. Never get full value. Force this clown to play next year.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:29 PM
i'd prefer

a) the spurs to cave in to kawhi's bitchiness and win championships

than

b) the spurs stay principled, dont do kawhi any favors considering the shit he's put them through, and kawhi ends up and the door and spurs are mediocre for years to come

Or c) Hold your grown, gain respect and work things out so that one person isn’t holding you hostage?

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:30 PM
So then you don’t agree with Ygwhi about Kawhi being mad at SA doctors.

His issue with the doctors is that they said he was good to go when he clearly wasn't... But it's not as if it was a major issue to where he didn't wanna play for the team... He just went to a better doctor who did see something wrong... Kawhi has always been down for the team and never looked to complain and bail like LA... I'm sure it hurts him that the old guys are being selfish and inconsiderate

ElNono
04-16-2018, 06:31 PM
surprised Windhorst wasn't blowing Lebron while Pip was talking...

vy65
Can anyone comment on the credentials of the spurs doctors and KL’s outside team? I’ve looked at their websites, but can’t really understand if one is better/more qualified than the other? Someone with some industry knowledge maybe?

DPG21920
His issue with the doctors is that they said he was good to go when he clearly wasn't... But it's not as if it was a major issue to where he didn't wanna play for the team... He just went to a better doctor who did see something wrong... Kawhi has always been down for the team and never looked to complain and bail like LA... I'm sure it hurts him that the old guys are being selfish and inconsiderate

But he went to his doctors and after he did that he said he was close and he still never got cleared. Are his doctors idiots?

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 06:32 PM
No, not really. Be mad at the Spurs doctors all you want. But dont take it out on your teammates. It’s the rule of sports and teammates. Business is business, but those are your brothers. Be there for them even if you are mad at management.
Are you talking about teammates like Parker that supported Spurs doctors and questioned Kawhi's injury in public? I guess he wont "be there" after some comments.

Also, does Kawhi feel a bit foolish that even after he’s been with his own team for months on end and where he himself said he was close that he never got cleared?

I don't think so...SAS doctors cleared him to play, he returned and his quad got worse. On other hand, I never heard his NYC doctors cleared him.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Or c) Hold your grown, gain respect and work things out so that one person isn’t holding you hostage?
i guess i'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with option c

kawhi sees the light and plays the good soldier going forward? we get comparable value back in a trade? we do what you suggested and let him walk in free agency just so spite him and hurt our team?

dbreiden83080
04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Kawhi was playing with pain for the entire playoffs last year... Don't act as if he has zero tolerance... But no one should be walking the way he was walking after the 9 games and expect to play an entire season... He wasn't just limping... He could barely walk

Then why no surgery? You don't limp for 1 full season and just keep rehabbing. When does that happen? Leg is not getting any better right? Or he would be playing. Unless he is soft.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Are you talking about teammates like Parker that supported Spurs doctors and questioned Kawhi's injury in public? I guess he wont be there for them.

I don't think so...SAS doctors cleared him to play, he returned and his quad got worse. On other hand, I never heard his NYC doctors cleared him.

They told him he was close though. To the point that both Kawhi and Woj said he would be back mid-march. Did they lie to him or was Kawhi lying?

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
i guess i'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with option c

kawhi sees the light and plays the good soldier going forward? we get comparable value back in a trade? we do what you suggested and let him walk in free agency just so spite him and hurt our team?

The light is instead of a terrible relationship where one person isn’t holding the other hostage, you have a mutual clearing of the air, a reset of priorities and what it means to be a team player and have a truly healthy relationship that you cant have if someone walks all over you.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Are you talking about teammates like Parker that supported Spurs doctors and questioned Kawhi's injury in public? I guess he wont "be there" after some comments.

Your first part has been sort of debunked and yes, even if TP said something bad (he didn’t) then why screw over all the others? You that selfish?

Play Boban

Every player in the NBA plays through pain.

vy65
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/817cdf/san_antonio_doctor_says_kawhi_has_been_healthy/

Is this fool a treating physician? Because throwing your patient under the bus doesn’t really smack of professionalism or HIPAA compliance for that matter.

spurraider21
04-16-2018, 06:36 PM
The light is instead of a terrible relationship where one person isn’t holding the other hostage, you have a mutual clearing of the air, a reset of priorities and what it means to be a team player and have a truly healthy relationship that you cant have if someone walks all over you.
yes and everything will be rainbows and sunshine.

turns out kawhi isn't a duncan... so we've been dealt that hand. have to deal with it one way or another. pretending he will have a coming of age moment is naive

weebo
04-16-2018, 06:36 PM
Or it could be the truth... Just Sunday they reported the team agrees that Kawhi should be in NY rehabbing... They're telling u what is going on, yet u guys prefer to believe the drama

It could be the truth or it could be the Spurs sticking up for KL or it could be the Spurs trying to squash anymore drama...or whatever. This is on KL and his advisors--plain and simple. There's only so much the Spurs/Pop can report when the guy in question doesn't speak.

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 06:37 PM

So if I bang your wife will you give me props tbh?

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 06:38 PM
They told him he was close though. To the point that both Kawhi and Woj said he would be back mid-march. Did they lie to him or was Kawhi lying?
Again, we know after Danny's comment that Kawhi had multiple setbacks in his rehab. Unlike SAS doctors, KL doctors never cleared him to play because those setbacks.

DPG21920
yes and everything will be rainbows and sunshine.

turns out kawhi isn't a duncan... so we've been dealt that hand. have to deal with it one way or another. pretending he will have a coming of age moment is naive

NO more then pretending that by kissing someone’s ass even more than you already have is going to sit well with everyone.

duncan2k5
Every player in the NBA plays through pain.

Kawhi is injured... Huge difference

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Didn't TheGreatYacht used to mock Kawhi Leonard by calling him "Shawn Marion"? And now all of a sudden he's his biggest defender? Disgusting troll tbh.......

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 06:39 PM
It could be the truth or it could be the Spurs sticking up for KL or it could be the Spurs trying to squash anymore drama...or whatever. This is on KL and his advisors--plain and simple. There's only so much the Spurs/Pop can report when the guy in question doesn't speak.

U don't even know what his advisors told him... Everything is pure speculation

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Again, we know after Danny's comment he had multiple setbacks. Unlike SAS doctors, KL doctors never cleared him to play because those setbacks.

So he had setbacks under his new doctors? What idiots. Is he going to get a 3rd opinion now? Also, you going off a podcast comment by Danny vs what Kawhi and Woj said because you think it was being suppressed by SA but they were fine with Danny broadcasting this?

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 06:40 PM

So are a lot of players out there playing. Timmy battled through injuries. Meanwhile, Kawhi has missed two straight playoffs. He's a net negative. He costs $19 million for zero production and is a team cancer.

dbreiden83080
04-16-2018, 06:44 PM

No Surgery and all he has done is rehab.. Very rare. It smells like shit..

bic50
04-16-2018, 06:44 PM
I admire DPG for having this much patience while he eviscerates the fanboys even it's too easy to see the smug obtuseness of some them :lol..
So you're saying Kawhi is not really injured and is intentionally destroying his brand just for the hell of it?

RD2191
04-16-2018, 06:46 PM
No Surgery and all he has done is rehab.. Very rare. It smells like shit..

The details of his injury have been posted many times.

tholdren

Can you have a bigger meltdown? Crying worse than leonard

daslicer
Kawhi wants out, Jabari wants to go to a bigger market...I doubt it. Everyone wants to leave SA now??

I wonder how you call yourself a Spurs fan if you think SA isn't a market/city that people want to stay in...

Never lived in SA in my whole entire life and became a Spurs fan way back in '94 due to being a fan of seeing David Robinson play on TV. I grew up in Charlotte and that's my home. Just being real and calling out for what is is that most people who are in TV and media are opportunists and want to be in big markets but settle for small markets due to barriers of entry in the big markets. Also players if we are being real want to be in big markets because of better night life, clubs, women, endorsements, etc. I saw it a lot growing up in Charlotte when players would cry and bitch once they got traded or drafted to Charlotte about how it wasn't a big city. I remember even Baron Davis threatening the Hornets not to draft him way back in '99 because he didn't like the idea of being in a small city like Charlotte. That has changed a lot now in the last 20 years since the city has grown a lot and guys no longer view living in Charlotte as Siberia but more so a mini Atlanta. I will always be a Spurs fan but I'm realistic that SA will never be a hot spot to attract FA's and the Spurs like always will have to rely on the draft and trades to build a good team. SA like all the other small market teams will always have a struggle to keep their superstar or even star players simply because guys prefer big markets over small markets.

dbreiden83080

Yes it is so clear his own team thinks he is a pussy..

Former players calling him out.
Media burying him.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 06:48 PM
So you're saying Kawhi is not really injured and is intentionally destroying his brand just for the hell of it?

No. That’s not what I or others are saying. We are saying Kawhi is injured (at least to the point he doesn’t feel comfortable). No info has come out that SA mis-diagnosed things or that this doctors found something SA missed.

What we are saying is that Kawhi handled himself very poorly during his injury and has compounded the problems with his lack of communication, distance from his teammates and advice he seems to be taking from his Uncle.

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Did he play well when he played the 9 games? U guys on here THRASHED him!

Well, I didn't trash him. I thought he played well enough while he played himself into shape. I don't think he played poorly because of his injury, I think he was getting himself into game shape. I guess it's hard to know if it was one or the other, but he missed the entire preseason and the first third of the season before stepping on the court. Of course he's going to struggle the first few games while he gets into game shape and gets back to being accustomed to game speed.

weebo
04-16-2018, 06:51 PM
U don't even know what his advisors told him... Everything is pure speculation

I'm referencing you saying "it could be the truth"...as I said this is all on KL and his advisors. You want the Spurs to come out and say that KL is 100% hurt and can't play when he has already been cleared to play by the Spurs medical staff--all of this including your arguments are speculation--what we do know is that Pop/Spurs don't seem happy with KL/advisors, why? Something about all this doesn't add up.

weebo
04-16-2018, 06:54 PM

Link please.

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:54 PM

Ah, that's not what I'm saying. I don't doubt that Kawhi can play hurt. He played on a sprained ankle last year in the playoffs, until it got too sprained. But my guess is that he was freaked out enough by his current injury and that is has been prolonged that he probably decided he wouldn't play until he was 100%. And the Spurs probably thought he was well enough to play.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 06:55 PM
Your first part has been sort of debunked and yes, even if TP said something bad (he didn’t) then why screw over all the others? You that selfish?
I've said before that pro players shouldn't wash dirty laundry in public.

If Kawhi thinks -since nothing is coincidence on a Pop's team- that PATFO is allowing Parker/Manu/whoever to do it...Who knows.

Anyway, I wouldn't say he's that selfish when he still keeps contact with young teammates.

cd98
04-16-2018, 06:58 PM
I guess there isn't an agent in the world that can convince a player if he feels someone on his team made a mistake that didn't allow him to play in a season where he could have won NBA awards, and could have signed a super-max contract & massive shoe deal.

See, I would disagree that an agent would do that. If Kawhi missed the whole season with his injury, even the 9 games, an agent still would've know the Spurs would pay him the super max because he is that valuable. The shoe contract would've been handled before the season. And the agent wouldn't have let things get so bad that the entire media is calling out Kawhi. I don't think you can argue credibly that Kawhi's camp has handled this well.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 07:02 PM
So he had setbacks under his new doctors? What idiots.
At least they weren't that idiot to clear him to play while he was still injured having setbacks. I wonder who were the idiots that did it...

Danny vs what Kawhi and Woj said because you think it was being suppressed by SA but they were fine with Danny broadcasting this?
Danny isn't Pop. Other teams will hear only the coach about this.

tholdren
04-16-2018, 07:06 PM
At least they weren't that idiot to clear him to play while he was still injured having setbacks. I wonder who were the idiots that did it...

Please research this injury.

hitmanyr2k
04-16-2018, 07:12 PM

Scottie can speak on this because he's been there. He played with a bad ankle for almost a year and a half. Injured it in the '92 playoffs against the Knicks and went through a lot of the same shit Kawhi is apparently going through now with seeing specialists and getting second opinions and all that. He had that ankle surgically repaired before the '94 season after playing on a bad wheel for so long but he was on the court all the time hardly ever missing a game. And he pretty much played for peanuts compared to what Kawhi gets :lol That's why the old school players are calling Kawhi out. They're looking at this guy making 19 million and not even looking in the direction of his team.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-01-24/sports/9303171792_1_bulls-scottie-pippen-george-mccloud

The Bulls reportedly were close to putting Scottie Pippen on the injured list last week because of his aching right ankle. But they had to back off when surgery was required for his backup, Rodney McCray.

Team insiders say the Bulls have been growing more worried about Pippen's ankle problems, which haven't eased much since he hurt it last May in the playoffs against New York.

The belief was if they could get Pippen a few weeks of rest, it might help heal the ankle, which is not said to be seriously injured, and give him more rest for the stretch run and the playoffs.

But McCray's surgery changed all that. With McCray expected to be out about a month, the Bulls have begun a hard look at small forwards around the league.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1993-11-09/sports/9311090132_1_scottie-pippen-bulls-trainer-chip-schaefer-hip-replacement-surgery

After undergoing invasive surgery by team physician John Hefferon on his right ankle to repair chronic tendon problems Aug. 31, Pippen has now elected to seek a second opinion. He will travel to Birmingham, Ala., to be examined by Dr. James Andrews, who performed Bo Jackson's hip-replacement surgery.

"Obviously, Scottie doesn't feel comfortable playing on it now, and that's the most important thing," said Bulls General Manager Jerry Krause. "In the last five years, Scottie Pippen has not missed a game due to injury. He's played with all the little hurts and he's been tremendous. And if he tells me he's not feeling right on that ankle, we're not going to take any chances."

Of Pippen seeking a second opinion, Krause said: "It may be a reassurance thing, I don't know. Hefferon thinks it's a matter of time and he'll be fine. We hoped he'd have time to recover and apparently he just didn't."

Pippen first injured the ankle when he sprained it against the New York Knicks in the Eastern Conference semifinals in 1992. Playing in the Olympics that summer, the ankle never fully recuperated and turned it into chronic tendinitis, which plagued him throughout last season.

Not long after the surgery with the ankle still giving him trouble he still got back on the court because Jordan was retired and his team pretty much sucked without him. And like I said, dude was playing for practically 1/6th of Kawhi's salary while feuding with Bulls management because he had a hatred for Jerry Krause lol.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 07:14 PM

He’s cleared because he can’t get worse. He may not be 100% but he is cleared to play. He may not feel ready or confident, but can you cite anything where his medical team found something the Spurs missed that showed his injury could get worse if he kept playing?

tholdren
04-16-2018, 07:22 PM
He’s cleared because he can’t get worse. He may not be 100% but he is cleared to play. He may not feel ready or confident, but can you cite anything where his medical team found something the Spurs missed that showed his injury could get worse if he kept playing?

There is no way for kl fans to respond to this

lmbebo
04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Listening to left coast live. Jared Dudley was on. Thought was something was off when Kwahi wouldn't support his teammates on the bench.

If this is a beef over how the the spurs medical team handled his injury ... feels like Kwahi and his "group" have made nothing into a huge mess. This isn't a complicated injury. He's being a pre-madonna. No reason why Kwahi can't be out in Cali with the rest of the team. No doctor's will be watching work out all day. Trainer might and trainers will travel.

I'm off the Kwahi support train.

tbdog
04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
The rehab thing must be a day to day evaluation. Because he is never ruled out for a month or weeks and a time. I think this is the group or rehab facility's fault. If they just told the spurs he is being re-evaluated in 1 months time, the spurs could announced and keep the media at bay. But it's like spurs calls the group and they just say call back tomorrow.

BSfromTX
04-16-2018, 07:45 PM

for real

tim_duncan_fan
04-16-2018, 07:52 PM

I don't understand the goofy silence when he can just make it known to the team that he wants out (perhaps he already has), but anyway, this unusual way of handling things won't hurt him.

Teams have paid huge money for a whole lot less of a player with waaay more damaging mental problems than just being prone to not talking to people he is done with.

He'll get paid just fine as long as he can play.

emanueldavidginobili
04-16-2018, 07:52 PM
what does he say? i cant watch the video right now

lefty
04-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Didn't Scottie quit on his team in 94 before Kukoc hit that game winner?

So he should STFU tbh

BackHome
04-16-2018, 08:11 PM
I actually thought you were talking about Leonard after reading the first sentence.

Oh No You Didn’t :lol

Hoops Czar
04-16-2018, 08:15 PM
So are a lot of players out there playing. Timmy battled through injuries. Meanwhile, Kawhi has missed two straight playoffs. He's a net negative. He costs $19 million for zero production and is a team cancer.

More like he's the only positive.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:15 PM
He’s cleared because he can’t get worse.
It pretty obvious it got worse if he feels he's not able to play

He may not feel ready or confident, but can you cite anything where his medical team found something the Spurs missed that showed his injury could get worse if he kept playing?
I doubt Kawhi's doctors would talk about others doctor in public, his NYC doctor has the best rep as professional and seems class-act for the tweets people post in the other thread.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:16 PM
There is no way for kl fans to respond to this

For real, tholdren? :lol

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 08:20 PM
It pretty obvious it got worse if he feels he's not able to play

I doubt Kawhi's doctors would talk about others doctor in public, his NYC doctor has the best rep as professional and seems class-act for the tweets people post in the other thread.

So the answer is no. They didn’t find anything that SA missed.

Not trusting the level of pain is not the same as something getting worse.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:23 PM
See, I would disagree that an agent would do that. If Kawhi missed the whole season with his injury, even the 9 games, an agent still would've know the Spurs would pay him the super max because he is that valuable.

I doubt the Spurs would have given Kawhi a super-max contract even if he would have been the MVP this season, they would have asked for some paycut.

There are market that can't sign super-max contract without putting at risk their financial future..I guess SA is one of them.

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 08:26 PM
More like he's the only positive.
How is he a positive when we pay him $19 million for no production in the playoffs? He just creates drama and takes up cap space.

daslicer
04-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Not long after the surgery with the ankle still giving him trouble he still got back on the court because Jordan was retired and his team pretty much sucked without him. And like I said, dude was playing for practically 1/6th of Kawhi's salary while feuding with Bulls management because he had a hatred for Jerry Krause lol.

I grew up during the 90's and remembered the feud Pippen had with Krause. The first thoughts that came to my head is that Pippen probably has no empathy to what Kawhi is going through with Spurs management because he had it 100X worse with bulls management. The Spurs haven't really gone after Kawhi and when they have taken shots at him it's been pretty passive and indirect. The bulls with Krause openly and aggressively attacked Pippen through the media. From '93 to '95 Pippen was always the headline in big trade rumors. The feud with Pippen and Krause garnered national attention back then. Also at the time Pippen like you said was getting grossly underpaid unlike Kawhi who is currently on a max contract.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 08:30 PM
I doubt the Spurs would have given Kawhi a super-max contract even if he would have been the MVP this season, they would have asked for some paycut.

There are market that can't sign super-max contract without putting at risk their financial future..I guess SA is one of them.

Spurs have handed out plenty of max deals/extensions; this feels completely unfounded

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:32 PM
Spurs have handed out plenty of max deals/extensions; this feels completely unfounded

Previous max and extensions aren't nearly similar to today-supermax contracts.

phxspurfan
04-16-2018, 08:34 PM
Alpha Pippen doing Alpha things

Hoops Czar
04-16-2018, 08:36 PM
How is he a positive when we pay him $19 million for no production in the playoffs? He just creates drama and takes up cap space.

Kawhi is drama-free. It's his entourage that's filled with drama. Kawhi and his empty head isn't capable of causing drama. He's nothing more than a puppeteer, an extension of his Grampa's will. He's being told what to do, what to say and how to act. Kawhi is just folowing orders like a good little soldier.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 08:36 PM
Previous max and extensions aren't nearly similar to today-supermax contracts.

Sure, but you can only pay the max based on the current CBA. The SuperMax is large obviously but so are the revenues now.

Im just saying, that people acting like SA never pay full value aren’t being honest. Could that change? Sure. But until that happens SA has earned the benefit of the doubt and I highly doubt they would let Kawhi walk due to money assuming he was healthy and things were good.

jbspurs
04-16-2018, 08:39 PM
Maybe someone said something like, If you can't play, then even bother coming to the games....

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:40 PM
So the answer is no. They didn’t find anything that SA missed.
No, the answer it's "we don't know if they didn't find anything different"

We heard rumors that his doctors saw something in his quad, even a guy like Skip who supports PATFO said that in his show a months ago.

We heard people on radio shows saying he didn't receive the treatments he needed in the summer...He was training like always when the SA doctors should have told him he needed rehab his quad.

Even Danny said in the postcast that Kawhi's injury got worse ..in the summer.

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 08:40 PM

No... Tim Duncan and everybother player didn't play through all injuries... Stop the bullshit

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Yes it is so clear his own team thinks he is a pussy..

Former players calling him out.
Media burying him.

Former players and media members are also defending him... Dummy

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 08:42 PM
Well, I didn't trash him. I thought he played well enough while he played himself into shape. I don't think he played poorly because of his injury, I think he was getting himself into game shape. I guess it's hard to know if it was one or the other, but he missed the entire preseason and the first third of the season before stepping on the court. Of course he's going to struggle the first few games while he gets into game shape and gets back to being accustomed to game speed.

Did u not see him after the game? And did u not see the plethora of ppl on here thrashing his play? Those things combined show that he was still injured

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 08:43 PM
No, the answer it's "we don't know if they didn't find anything different"

We heard rumors that his doctors saw something in his quad, even a guy like Skip who supports PATFO said that in his show a months ago.

We heard people on radio shows saying he didn't receive the treatments he needed in the summer...He was training like always when the SA doctors should have told him he needed rehab his quad.

Even Danny said in the postcast that Kawhi's injury got worse ..in the summer.

You seem to blame SA doctors. Do you not blame his new doctors for not improving things when Kawhi himself said he was close?

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Ah, that's not what I'm saying. I don't doubt that Kawhi can play hurt. He played on a sprained ankle last year in the playoffs, until it got too sprained. But my guess is that he was freaked out enough by his current injury and that is has been prolonged that he probably decided he wouldn't play until he was 100%. And the Spurs probably thought he was well enough to play.

They were wrong... He tried to play and failed big time... Dude couldn't walk...

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 08:54 PM
And the agent wouldn't have let things get so bad that the entire media is calling out Kawhi.
For the record, Impact Sports Management was still Kawhi's agency this season. It's not like "all uncle alone".

And the media is changing narratives all times, this case isn't an exception.

If Kawhi can heal and has some success after the trade, media would change the narrative questioned SAS PATFO for losing him. It has always been this way with media.

acoelho1
04-16-2018, 09:02 PM
So, if Spurs doctors had it wrong, how come his new doctors have not been able to resolve it either. Clearly, Kawhi was expecting to be back by now but may have had another setback. Also, for the record, Danny never said when those setbacks happened. It was a pretty vague comment and sounded like Danny just trying to protect a friend. It’s all speculation but we are at least 8 months into this injury and still no timetable for recovery. Maybe the quad will never feel perfect. Then what? Sit out another year?

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:03 PM
Do you not blame his new doctors for not improving things when Kawhi himself said he was close?
No. Because I know that getting rehab in the season isn't as much effective as an offseason rehab.

Rest-time, drugs, treatments are different.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 09:03 PM
No. Because I know that getting rehab in the season isn't as much effective as an offseason rehab.

Rest-time, drugs, treatments are different.

Sure but suffering setbacks under their watch?

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:06 PM
Also, for the record, Danny never said when those setbacks happened. It was a pretty vague comment and sounded like Danny just trying to protect a friend.

He didnt say when Kawhi had those seatback but he already said he played injured in last playoffs and the injury got worse in the summer.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:10 PM
Sure but suffering setbacks under their watch?
Way better than having his injury mishandled in offseason under team-medical staff watch...

duncan2k5
04-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Way better than having his injury mishandled in offseason under team-medical staff watch...

And then have that staff tell u that ur good to go... Play, and realize u are doin NG serious damage to urself... These guys on here are stupid

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 09:15 PM
No... Tim Duncan and everybother player didn't play through all injuries... Stop the bullshit
:cry I’m right. You’re wrong. The end.

Play Boban
04-16-2018, 09:15 PM
Kawhi is drama-free. It's his entourage that's filled with drama. Kawhi and his empty head isn't capable of causing drama. He's nothing more than a puppeteer, an extension of his Grampa's will. He's being told what to do, what to say and how to act. Kawhi is just folowing orders like a good little soldier.
That may be, but either way he’s a cancer.

acoelho1
04-16-2018, 09:21 PM
He didnt say when Kawhi had those seatback but he already said he played injured in last playoffs and the injury got worse in the summer.

He said nothing of the sort so don’t misquote to fit your argument. All he said was that “he dealt with it some last year.” The key word there is some which means it didn’t bother him all year and he didn’t specify what timeframe or if it even occurred in the playoffs. Nevertheless, if his new doctors have it figured it out, why not announce a timetable on his full recovery?

MoSpur02
04-16-2018, 09:29 PM
I don't like Pippen as an analyst or whatever he is on ESPN, but respect him as a player. He was damn good. However, I can say that what he is saying is right on. From what I have been told the team actually doesn't want Kawhi on the bench. They feel somewhat betrayed and are pissed at how Kawhi has handled all this. I honestly don't blame them for feeling that way.

cd98
04-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Did u not see him after the game? And did u not see the plethora of ppl on here thrashing his play? Those things combined show that he was still injured

Um, the Kawhi plane video was in October of 2017. That was preseason. He came back and played in March. So I think your timeline is off.

cd98
04-16-2018, 09:33 PM
They were wrong... He tried to play and failed big time... Dude couldn't walk...

Magazine your timeline is off. There’s no indication that he could barely move. The players saw him working out and said he was close. Then he disappeared.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:34 PM
From what I have been told the team actually doesn't want Kawhi on the bench.
Agree. I've said the same thing here many times since last week.

cd98
04-16-2018, 09:35 PM
For the record, Impact Sports Management was still Kawhi's agency this season. It's not like "all uncle alone".

And the media is changing narratives all times, this case isn't an exception.

If Kawhi can heal and has some success after the trade, media would change the narrative questioned SAS PATFO for losing him. It has always been this way with media.

Its been clear from all news reports that Kawhi’s uncle is running the show. That includes negotiations over his sneaker deal. Just acknowledge the obvious. There’s plenty to disagree with, but every insider is saying his uncle is running the show.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:36 PM
He said nothing of the sort so don’t misquote to fit your argument.
Like I was the only guy who heard it, right?

I don’t think people listened to the podcast that had Danny Green as a visitor. He said Kawhi had that pain last season and played through his injury but it got worse over the summer :wow and it hasn’t really calmed down since then. He’s had setbacks and flares in his condition.

YGWHI
04-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Its been clear from all news reports that Kawhi’s uncle is running the show. That includes negotiations over his sneaker deal. Just acknowledge the obvious. There’s plenty to disagree with, but every insider is saying his uncle is running the show.

Kawhi is still under Impact agency contract. His uncle is like his PR and obviously it seems he has opinion but he's not alone.

I'm just saying the part about not having pro management, isn't exactly true.

DPG21920
04-16-2018, 09:45 PM

Lol way better

lefty
04-16-2018, 09:55 PM
:lol Pippen
:lol quitter

:lol fat Spurm fans agreeing with a quitter

THE IRONY

daslicer
04-16-2018, 10:00 PM
:lol Pippen
:lol quitter

:lol fat Spurm fans agreeing with a quitter

THE IRONY

:lol at you for posting a stupid thread repping a cuck in Kellerman.

cd98
04-16-2018, 10:11 PM
Kawhi is still under Impact agency contract. His uncle is like his PR and obviously it seems he has opinion but he's not alone.

I'm just saying the part about not having pro management, isn't exactly true.

Not sure what role they have, but the agent that negotiated Kawhi’s last contract is gone. Who knows what if any role the agency has. But they haven’t made any statements.

acoelho1
04-16-2018, 10:23 PM
Like I was the only guy who heard it, right?

Quoting another spurstalk posters. Give me a break and no where did it say that he played injured during the playoffs. I guess you made that up on your own.

Rob123
04-16-2018, 10:27 PM
For the love of god put in a guard that’s a threat to score

jermaine
04-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Reggie Miller was saying he's team Kawhi, but I thinks he needs to be out here playing.

CGD
04-17-2018, 12:28 AM
Scotty just doing Micheals ditty work in driving a wedge between Team and Leonard.

You can clearly tell who the young posters on this thread are by who dismisses Pippen. Dude was an absolute BOSS in his own right.

daslicer
04-17-2018, 02:07 AM
Scotty just doing Micheals ditty work in driving a wedge between Team and Leonard.

You can clearly tell who the young posters on this thread are by who dismisses Pippen. Dude was an absolute BOSS in his own right.

srl2Bwh6A3I

E20
04-17-2018, 02:26 AM
Fuck Kawhi that pussy ass faggot hopefully his uncle takes all his money and fucks his girl and Kawhi is left no choice but to play in Lavars league for minimum wage

daslicer
04-17-2018, 02:30 AM
Fuck Kawhi that pussy ass faggot hopefully his uncle takes all his money and fucks his girl and Kawhi is left no choice but to play in Lavars league for minimum wage

This will be Kawhi in a few years

ytxqHLpp3Es

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 04:51 AM

He played 80 games and playoffs with a bum foot in 2006. Spare me the Leonard was limping bullshit. I have had plantar fasciitis and it hurts like hell.. You get out of bed and can barely walk..

Texas_Ranger
04-17-2018, 05:17 AM
He played 80 games and playoffs with a bum foot in 2006. Spare me the Leonard was limping bullshit. I have had plantar fasciitis and it hurts like hell.. You get out of bed and can barely walk..

He also played the 05 playoffs on no legs. He couldn't jump over a paper then and still played. Plus playing against those Sonics and Pistons was no happy time, cause of their physicality.

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:18 AM
Magazine your timeline is off. There’s no indication that he could barely move. The players saw him working out and said he was close. Then he disappeared.

I'm talking about after the games in Feb... Practice is different from games

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Um, the Kawhi plane video was in October of 2017. That was preseason. He came back and played in March. So I think your timeline is off.

What r u even talking about?? Clearly u don't watch spurs basketball... Kawhi played nowhere near March... Lmfao

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:24 AM

I guess Duncan never missed a game due to injury then... And I also have foot problems... It hurts... But it isn't an injury where you can't play... U just can't play back to back well... Kawhi is INJURED

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 05:50 AM
I guess Duncan never missed a game due to injury then... And I also have foot problems... It hurts... But it isn't an injury where you can't play... U just can't play back to back well... Kawhi is INJURED

It is absolutely an injury where you can’t play if you choose not to. This man has been told basically all year that he can play. What are you even talking about? He can play. He doesn’t want to.

cd98
04-17-2018, 06:39 AM
What r u even talking about?? Clearly u don't watch spurs basketball... Kawhi played nowhere near March... Lmfao
I meant played in January not March. He led people to believe it would be a March comeback. But I’ve seen no video or articles saying he could barely walk in February. The only video I’ve seen was in October of last year and who even knows if that was related to his current injury or some other ailment. He could’ve had a leg lifting session the day before.

cjw
04-17-2018, 07:35 AM

Jordan was a playoff disaster without Pippen. 0-9 or 1-9 (or something) in playoff games.

Then again Pippen refuses to go into a playoff game after Phil drew up a shot for someone else.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-17-2018, 07:59 AM
Hes not wrong, fuck Leonard

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Hes not wrong, fuck Leonard

fuck YOU!!!

rastaspur
04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Fuck kawhi

San Antonio Slayer
04-17-2018, 08:46 AM
Kawhi is still a spur, so unfuck Kawhi!

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Jordan was a playoff disaster without Pippen. 0-9 or 1-9 (or something) in playoff games.

Then again Pippen refuses to go into a playoff game after Phil drew up a shot for someone else.
MVPippen was the Shaq/Curry to Jordan's Kobe/Durbeta, tbh. He was doing the carrying while getting none of the credit.

sammy
04-17-2018, 09:35 AM

I have plantar fasciitis and that is a debilitating foot pain that no one should have to go through and its like a freaking sharp nail digging into the tendons in your heel! Duncan played on those two feet with that pain every time he walked, jumped or ran and it's excruciating! You have no idea what that shit is like to blow it off as nothing because Kawhi is hurt, give me a break! Manu played with a broken elbow, Parker played with busted ankles during the playoffs and Kawhi is too soft to even sit with his team! WTH!:bang

poop
04-17-2018, 09:43 AM

:lol damn bro

poop
04-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Just here to say pippen was one of the best and underrated players of all time

Ice009
04-17-2018, 09:51 AM

One thing that sticks out to me, when Anderson hurt his knee earlier in the season, Kawhi didn't seem to give a fuck. Most of the other players and staff on the bench were concerned, but it didn't seem like Kawhi gave a fuck. He was laughing and joking around with someone on the bench while almost everyone else was focused on Kyle.

UZER
04-17-2018, 09:53 AM
One thing that sticks out to me, when Anderson hurt his knee earlier in the season, Kawhi didn't seem to give a fuck. Most of the other players and staff on the bench were concerned, but it didn't seem like Kawhi gave a fuck. He was laughing and joking around with someone on the bench while almost everyone else was focused on Kyle.

I feel worse for Bertrand eating that deliberate Draymond elbow to the face and nobody stepped up to Dray. Fucking pussies on this team man.

Ice009
04-17-2018, 10:00 AM
Does anyone actually remember that? At no point did Kawhi show any concern for Anderson whatsoever. He just kept joking around and laughing until he was carried off the court. I found it very strange, but at the time I thought, oh well, Kawhi's coming back soon so maybe he doesn't think it's a big deal.