PDA

View Full Version : The nail in Forbes' Coffin...

raybies
04-17-2018, 12:17 AM
hopefully Pop has seen enough. It's time to give that spot to White or even Paul. At least Paul will d up if nothing else. White's skill set is exactly what we need tbh...

Dam man. Appreciate LMA's play tho. It was nice to see him finally bully these guys like he should. We can build around him if he finally reached that level of not giving a shit.

testies
04-17-2018, 12:17 AM
Lol just wait for game 3

raybies
04-17-2018, 12:19 AM
Lol just wait for game 3
i will cry bro... We can win two games I believe but dang man has Forbes been awful on both sides and dare i say detriment

urunobili
Pop won’t make changes during the course of the season. They may bring him back cheap if we look at their track record.

SpurPadre
Forbes is simply not an NBA caliber player. If we waive him in the offseason, no NBA team will pick him up.

testies
i will cry bro... We can win two games I believe but dang man has Forbes been awful on both sides and dare i say detriment

I meant wait for game 3 and see Poop do the same retarded mistakes

tholdren
Play white send murray and brian to rehab in ny

spursistan
04-17-2018, 12:20 AM
Never seen a fuckin scrub get this much leeway by a coach at this level..:lol

dbestpro
Could really use a third big. Dedmon would have been nice to keep around. Even Boban.

HI-FI
Lol just wait for game 3
:lol this
:pop: “RC, pay him what he wants, he exudes corporate knowledge”

NASpurs
04-17-2018, 12:21 AM
He'll tear up the summer league again in a few weeks to fool Pop and RC who are probably drunk off their ass in the stands during the games.

gambit1990
everyone who was saying he's better than mills during the season :lol

Rob123
This guy Forbes has a fat pussy

DAF86
04-17-2018, 12:22 AM
He's a free agent this season right?

TimDunkem
04-17-2018, 12:25 AM
Time to set this Make-A-Wish charity case loose.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 12:26 AM

Yet youve watched murray start the whole season? Dumb

NASpurs
04-17-2018, 12:26 AM
The dude's name is Bryn. Him being a pussy just because of that was pre-determined by his shitty parents.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 12:28 AM
everyone who was saying he's better than mills during the season :lol

Hes a better shooter than mills. Mills missed a wide open layup that hit the backboard no rim and landed at the damn foul line. Mills makes 50 mil

Mugen
04-17-2018, 12:29 AM
:lol Not sure why anybody is blaming a SG in a 6 foot 160lb body with a 6th grade girls name tbh....he's not an NBA player. The better question to ask is why is this G-League player seeing rotation minutes in a playoff game, figure out who's responsible for that then you can start pointing fingers tbh....

Ditty
04-17-2018, 12:31 AM
I miss Gary Neal outside of the Mike Miller shoeless 3. He was a great scorer.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 12:31 AM
I have. Pop's bastard child Paddy.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 12:33 AM
He's the exact player Pop loves :lol

He'll have a hard-on for midget SG's who play no defense until he dies of skin cancer

davidbowie
04-17-2018, 12:35 AM
what'd he do that was so bad, i missed it

TimDunkem
04-17-2018, 12:38 AM

He exists. That's enough.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 12:38 AM
Clear path foul when the Spurs clawed to within 6 after a Spurs made freethrow. It ended up being a five point play.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Clear path foul when the Spurs clawed to within 6 after a Spurs made freethrow. It ended up being a five point play.

He also allowed points in the subsequent 2 possessions, as well:lol

I've dislikes Forbes since day 1, but I don't blame him..Pop is playing him, while never giving his 1st rookie a shot..

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 12:44 AM

He'll have a hard-on for midget SG's who play no defense until he dies of skin cancer

That’s some foul shit to say; cancer is horrible bro!

UZER
04-17-2018, 12:47 AM
Forbes is simply not an NBA caliber player. If we waive him in the offseason, no NBA team will pick him up.

But he's an NBA caliber "culture".

TimDunkem
04-17-2018, 12:47 AM
That’s some foul shit to say; cancer is horrible bro!

Exactly why we need to remove the cancers from this team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 12:49 AM

I've dislikes Forbes since day 1, but I don't blame him..Pop is playing him, while never giving his 1st rookie a shot..

He literally fell on the ground on a previous open layup for the Warriors prior to that. He should be playing pickup games at the Y, not out on an NBA court.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 12:49 AM
I can't figure out why he's playing over White.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 12:50 AM
He literally fell on the ground on a previous open layup for the Warriors prior to that. He should be playing pickup games at the Y, not out on an NBA court.

I don't dislike Forbes, it's evident that he cares, he's always visibly angry at himself after he makes mistakes, tbh..it isn't his fault that his coach is putting him in a position to fail..

UZER
04-17-2018, 12:52 AM
I can't figure out why he's playing over White.

Really? How long have you been watching Pop coach the Spurs?

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 12:54 AM
That sequence from Forbes with the clear path foul, dumbass turnover and pathetic attempts at D was the most cringe inducing sequence from any one player in a playoff game since Beno Udrih in the 05 Finals tbh.

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 12:55 AM
I don't dislike Forbes, it's evident that he cares, he's always visibly angry at himself after he makes mistakes, tbh..it isn't his fault that his coach is putting him in a position to fail..

He needs to work on his defense and self confidence!

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 12:58 AM

His confidence can only be restored when he's playing on a court with players near his appropriate talent level...in the G league.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 01:00 AM

He's never going to be a good defender, he doesn't possess any of the tools to become one..undersized, poor lateral quickness, weak, no instincts or awareness..

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 01:00 AM
Along with his shooting, passing and dribbling.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 01:02 AM
But he's an NBA caliber "culture".

And he's young too. I heard that's very important, no matter how much a player sucks.

UZER
04-17-2018, 01:06 AM
And he's young too. I heard that's very important.

You're right, it's not. Just look at Pau, Manu, and Parker killing it out there.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 01:10 AM
You're right, it's not. Just look at Pau, Manu, and Parker killing it out there.

The 40 year old SG is killing it compared to the 24 year old SG, tbh.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 01:11 AM
Really? How long have you been watching Pop coach the Spurs?
:lol

UZER
04-17-2018, 01:12 AM
The 40 year old SG is killing it compared to the 24 year old SG, tbh.

And we're with stuck with Forbe like players because Manu won't retire. :lol

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:13 AM
At this point, I trust the senior editor of Forbes magazine to be a better NBA player than Bryn Forbes tbh.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 01:14 AM
forbes should still play over tony. white over both of them.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 01:14 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Manu's 2,5 mils per year contract really hurts the Spurs chances of getting good free agents. :lol

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:15 AM
forbes should still play over tony. white over both of them.

Shit, I'd rather have Gary Neal back than Forbes.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 01:16 AM
Shit, I'd rather have Gary Neal back than Forbes.
no doubt.

tim_duncan_fan
04-17-2018, 01:17 AM
Can we just forfeit the next two games?

I don't want to subject myself to seeing this shit again, tbh.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

A losing Road record should be an automatic disqualification.

We shouldn't even be here. Someone made a mistake.

Budkin
04-17-2018, 01:17 AM
Pop loves him. The end.

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:19 AM
Can we just forfeit the next two games?

I don't want to subject myself to seeing this shit again, tbh.

We shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

A losing Road record should be an automatic disqualification.

We shouldn't even be here. Someone made a mistake.

LMA's play, Manu's heart and Gay's comeback from a REAL serious injury earned a playoff spot tbh.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:19 AM
I feel for Forbes. He’s shown flashes. He competes and works hard. Just not a consistent role player.

UZER
04-17-2018, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Manu's 2,5 mils per year contract really hurts the Spurs chances of getting good free agents. :lol

It's not about how much he makes. It's about taking up a roster spot and guys knowing as long as he is on the roster, he's gonna play in from of them, especially in the playoffs.

tim_duncan_fan
04-17-2018, 01:23 AM
LMA's play, Manu's heart and Gay's comeback from a REAL serious injury earned a playoff spot tbh.

You mean we/Kawhi/the rest of the roster wasted these efforts.

What they earned was the right to play with someone who is good at basketball next season, but we basically have to bring this roster back plus a good draft pick for Kawhi, if we're lucky enough to get an offer that includes a high pick.

We're so fucked.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:24 AM
It's not about how much he makes. It's about taking up a roster spot and guys knowing as long as he is on the roster, he's gonna play in from of them, especially in the playoffs.

Like TP and his 6 minutes of playing time? If players were better than ManU they’d be playing like guys over TP are

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 01:27 AM
this is wholly nonsensical.

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:28 AM
You mean we/Kawhi/the rest of the roster wasted these efforts.

What they earned was the right to play with someone who is good at basketball next season, but we basically have to bring this roster back plus a good draft pick for Kawhi, if we're lucky enough to get an offer that includes a high pick.

We're so fucked.

As long as we stop employing G leaguers in the offseason, we'll be fine, tbh.

tim_duncan_fan
04-17-2018, 01:29 AM

We don't have a choice.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 01:30 AM

Dude if any young wing on the Spurs showed even half the habilities of Manu to initiate offense, you better believe Pop would be playing that guy 35 minutes per game. Do you think Pop had in mind playing Manu for 25 + minutes in so many games of the season at this point of his career?

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 01:34 AM
Too many placeholders taking up valuable real estate. It's been this way far too long. It's a major reason why the Spurs pass on key contributing free agents and sign scrubs to non-guaranteed roles. Pop allocates minutes to all his players and if he can't find minutes, he'll pass on the NBA talent and dip into the pool of NBA wannabes. Unlike Pop, most coaches don't coach with a conscience. They stack a roster and worry about minutes allocation later.

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:34 AM
We don't have a choice.

We're getting 18th pick and if we trade KawhysoSoft, which looks to be an 90% certainty, we are getting a high draft pick in return along with a decent NBA player. We could either get two solid rookies off that or flip those two picks and get a top 10 pick, which would still put us in good shape tbh. I think we'll find a way to stay relevant.

UZER
04-17-2018, 01:57 AM
Dude if any young wing on the Spurs showed even half the habilities of Manu to initiate offense, you better believe Pop would be playing that guy 35 minutes per game. Do you think Pop had in mind playing Manu for 25 + minutes in so many games of the season at this point of his career?

So for the last 8 years, we've yet to find a replacement for Manu? NOBODY can fill his role? Not one player in NBA is, as you say, half capable of filling Manu's role? Even 40 year old Manu?

Pop let Simmons walk without even making an offer. Will Simmons ever be as good as prime Manu? No. But he would be a lot more valuable in this series against Golden State.

Chinook
04-17-2018, 02:06 AM
So for the last 8 years, we've yet to find a replacement for Manu? NOBODY can fill his role? Not one player in NBA is, as you say, half capable of filling Manu's role? Even 40 year old Manu?

Pop let Simmons walk without even making an offer. Will Simmons ever be as good as prime Manu? No. But he would be a lot more valuable in this series against Golden State.

Don't like Simmons, but this is true. So long as Manu's on the roster, Pop will give him a rotation spot. Because Manu will have that rotation spot, Pop will never see the need to upgrade that spot, because Manu's there, and if he can just go other there and give a good two-and-a-half minutes, or whatever. Let him go -- hell let them all go. Actually attack that position with new guys instead of trying patch something together around Tony, Manu, Danny and Patty.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:12 AM

If Simmons was your Manu replacement I know why you want Manu out so much. You aren't very good at analysing basketball, tbh. :lol

The Spurs need to find wings that can shoot and/or that don't turn it over as often as they get assists, tbh. Simmons wasn't that guy. He was the ultimate style over substance player. If he was still here, we would be bitching about his losing style of play, tbh.

Get some rookies with potential and some solid veterans (in other stories, some more Manu's but a bit younger), it shouldn't really be that difficult.

But the problem isn't with Manu and his 2,5 millions per year. The problem is PATFO and his missconceptions about guys like Mills, Gasol, Forbes and Tony, tbh.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Don't like Simmons, but this is true. So long as Manu's on the roster, Pop will give him a rotation spot. Because Manu will have that rotation spot, Pop will never see the need to upgrade that spot, because Manu's there, and if he can just go other there and give a good two-and-a-half minutes, or whatever. Let him go -- hell let them all go. Actually attack that position with new guys instead of trying patch something together around Tony, Manu, Danny and Patty.

Manu is perfectly fine as a 4th wing, and that's the role Pop had for him with everyone healthy and playing at the level Pop thought they were gonna play. Not Manu's fault that everyone around him got injured or started sucking.

Simmons being let go had nothing to do with Manu and all to do with his scrubness as an NBA player, tbh. When Danny Green showed he could play, he wasn't let go because we already had Manu, he got paid because PATFO realized he was going to be a player that would help us win.

UZER
04-17-2018, 02:25 AM
If Simmons was your Manu replacement I know why you want Manu out so much. You aren't very good at analysing basketball, tbh. :lol

The Spurs need to find wings that can shoot and/or that don't turn it over as often as they get assists, tbh. Simmons wasn't that guy. He was the ultimate style over substance player. If he was still here, we would be bitching about his losing style of play, tbh.

Get some rookies with potential and some solid veterans (in other stories, some more Manu's but a bit younger), it shouldn't really be that difficult.

But the problem isn't with Manu and his 2,5 millions per year. The problem is PATFO and his missconceptions about guys like Mills, Gasol, Forbes and Tony, tbh.

Simmons wasn't my Manu replacement. But a young valuable player wasn't replaced for Simmons either. It's was just Manu again, at 40 years old.

And misconceptions about guys like Mills, Gasol, Forbes and Tony are easier with ol comfy Manu locked into that roster spot keeping his same role. They will never address the need to replace him so they are free to continue to misconceive those other guys.

You're trying to separate the two issues but they actually go hand in hand. Manu is eating up a roster spot. If replacing Manu was really a priority, they would have done it already. After all, you said it should be that that difficult.

Chinook
04-17-2018, 02:27 AM
Manu is perfectly fine as a 4th wing

The team doesn't need "fine" anymore. They need good. Plus, Manu is hardly fine nowadays. He's sometimes brilliant, but he's too often abysmal. That's not what you want, no matter how little money he's taking.

Simmons being let go had nothing to do with Manu and all to do with his scrubness as an NBA player, tbh. When Danny Green showed he could play, he wasn't let go because we already had Manu, he got paid because PATFO realized he was going to be a player that would help us win.

Bad example. Danny and Manu weren't competing for a spot. In fact, Danny was the player the team had been searching for for years, even since Finley stopped being good. Simmons, especially in a world with Green still in it, would been exactly what Manu is. He was never on track to be the starter in SA. Add in that the team already had Green, and there wasn't room for all three. Even as a min guy, Manu wasn't going to fall out of the rotation.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:33 AM
Simmons wasn't my Manu replacement. But a young valuable player wasn't replaced for Simmons either. It's was just Manu again, at 40 years old.

And misconceptions about guys like Mills, Gasol, Forbes and Tony are easier with ol comfy Manu locked into that roster spot keeping his same role. They will never address the need to replace him so they are free to continue to misconceive those other guys.

You're trying to separate the two issues but they actually go hand in hand. Manu is eating up a roster spot. If replacing Manu was really a priority, they would have done it already. After all, you said it should be that that difficult.

Why? Guys like Mills, Forbes, Tony and Gasol either suck completely or are being way overpaid for what they can do on an NBA court. Manu doesn't fall in any of these two categories.

Manu for 2,5 millions as the 4th wing on a contender is a luxury to have. You thinking that somehow his mere presence is the reason for the Spurs not being able to upgrade it's roster is completely your own subjective and, imho, misguided idea. Keep the positive players (specially if cheap) and dump the negative ones, that's roster building 101. You, for some reason, want to dump a positive cheap player. It's dumbassery at it's finest.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:40 AM
The team doesn't need "fine" anymore. They need good. Plus, Manu is hardly fine nowadays. He's sometimes brilliant, but he's too often abysmal. That's not what you want, no matter how little money he's taking.

He has been perfectly fine this season (without him we miss the playoffs) and in the two playoff games so far (unlike your boys Danny and Anderson, tbh).

Bad example. Danny and Manu weren't competing for a spot. In fact, Danny was the player the team had been searching for for years, even since Finley stopped being good. Simmons, especially in a world with Green still in it, would been exactly what Manu is. He was never on track to be the starter in SA. Add in that the team already had Green, and there wasn't room for all three. Even as a min guy, Manu wasn't going to fall out of the rotation.

If PATFO would have thought Simmons was good enough to warrant a long term deal, he (Simmons) would have probably be sharing backup wings minutes with Manu. They would have both been getting rotation minutes and playing together, like they did the last year Simmons was with the Spurs. So no, it wouldn't have been Simmons or Manu. Also, Manu > Simmons, so it's a moot point anyway.

Mikeanaro
04-17-2018, 02:40 AM

Pop loves soft short players who cant shoot and also are light skinned.
More coming from the draft, stay tuned.

Chinook
04-17-2018, 02:49 AM
He has been perfectly fine this season (without him we miss the playoffs) and in the two playoff games so far (unlike your boys Danny and Anderson, tbh).

He hasn't.

If PATFO would have thought Simmons was good enough to warrant a long term deal, he (Simmons) would have probably sharing backup wings minutes with Manu. They would have both been getting rotation minutes and playing together, like they did the last year Simmons was with the Spurs. So no, it wouldn't have been Simmons or Manu. Also, Manu > Simmons, so it's a moot point anyway.

I already said I don't really like Simmons as a player (which you know, because we've been on the same side in that Simmons thread all season). So saying he's not better than Manu is more incidental than anything. Green's just not a good example. He and Mills were the puzzle pieces Pop finally found to slot in with Tony and Manu to solidify his back court. Of course he kept them around. Whether Jon deserved the money or not, the argument is that Pop seems to still be looking for a guys to fit into that puzzle with Tony and Manu, and until he realizes that it's time to just throw out the puzzle, the whole thing is going to continue to decay.

Of course, it's a different thing altogether to think that if Pop felt Simmons was the superior player to Manu that somehow Manu would still be getting minutes. That's just sort of mind-boggling. Like if Manu is a "fine" fourth-wing, and the Spurs had had a better wing to add to the rotation, Manu would be the fifth wing (who can't even pretend to play the four even in this era), and shouldn't be sharing anyone's minutes.

John B
04-17-2018, 02:55 AM
Mills/Forbes too short to guard Thompson period. White can bring the same outside shot plus better defense. I hope makes the adjustment to give Forbes minutes to White. I’d be even okay to start White with Danny, Kyle, Gay and LMA.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 03:00 AM
He hasn't.

From the guy that hasn't even watched the game. :lol

I already said I don't really like Simmons as a player (which you know, because we've been on the same side in that Simmons thread all season). So saying he's not better than Manu is more incidental than anything. Green's just not a good example. He and Mills were the puzzle pieces Pop finally found to slot in with Tony and Manu to solidify his back court. Of course he kept them around. Whether Jon deserved the money or not, the argument is that Pop seems to still be looking for a guys to fit into that puzzle with Tony and Manu, and until he realizes that it's time to just throw out the puzzle, the whole thing is going to continue to decay.

Of course, it's a different thing altogether to think that if Pop felt Simmons was the superior player to Manu that somehow Manu would still be getting minutes. That's just sort of mind-boggling. Like if Manu is a "fine" fourth-wing, and the Spurs had had a better wing to add to the rotation, Manu would be the fifth wing (who can't even pretend to play the four even in this era), and shouldn't be sharing anyone's minutes.

Heck, if the Spurs can somehow find 4 wings better than Manu I'm all for it. I doubt it though, specially at Manu's cost.

But getting rid of him just for the hell of it, that's just retarded.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 03:38 AM

Heck, if the Spurs can somehow find 4 wings better than Manu I'm all for it. I doubt it though, specially at Manu's cost.

But getting rid of him just for the hell of it, that's just retarded.

BillMc
04-17-2018, 03:45 AM
So Forbes, Davis and Kyle., maybe they'll all be gone. Young core. Yeah!!! We still have Murray and the apparently unplayable White and some stiffs overseas....

MoSpur02
04-17-2018, 04:14 AM
:lol Not sure why anybody is blaming a SG in a 6 foot 160lb body with a 6th grade girls name tbh....he's not an NBA player. The better question to ask is why is this G-League player seeing rotation minutes in a playoff game, figure out who's responsible for that then you can start pointing fingers tbh....

This. Pop's stubbornness is getting old

Down Under
04-17-2018, 04:15 AM
He's a rotation player on a non playoff team.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 04:54 AM
Edit double post

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 05:02 AM
Shouldn’t have benched Anderson like he did. Pop deserved what he got out of Forbes (and to a lesser extent Davis)
You can’t play one way all season and then get to the playoffs and expect to be someone you are not... but he tried at least.

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:07 AM

He had Simmons and let him go

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:10 AM

If PATFO would have thought Simmons was good enough to warrant a long term deal, he (Simmons) would have probably be sharing backup wings minutes with Manu. They would have both been getting rotation minutes and playing together, like they did the last year Simmons was with the Spurs. So no, it wouldn't have been Simmons or Manu. Also, Manu > Simmons, so it's a moot point anyway.

The front office got stuff wrong before... They aren't perfect... They got Simmons wrong... He would have been valuable to the team

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 05:13 AM

This too. Figure out who plays him in the playoffs at all and then come back to shit on those responsible (PATFO)

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 05:16 AM
Shouldn’t have benched Anderson like he did. Pop deserved what he got out of Forbes (and to a lesser extent Davis)
You can’t play one way all season and then get to the playoffs and expect to be someone you are not... but he tried at least.

Agreed... He always panics and does this... Play the young guys in the region season , then revert to the old guys when playoffs come... DJ was the best PG apart from Mills last night, and he only played 12 minutes... At this rate DJ will never be able to play in the playoffs because he will never have the experience to be ready for it

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 05:22 AM
Wait until Kiwi is supermaxed like fanboys want to then sit out entire seasons. You won’t be able to afford anyone else.

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Wait until Kiwi is supermaxed like fanboys want to then sit out entire seasons. You won’t be able to afford anyone else.

Kyle is playing scared! When he plays with true intensity he’s a great asset but mostly he doesn’t.

MoSpur02
04-17-2018, 07:34 AM

This is nothing new. He's done that with Dedmon and Blair. I get that he's won 5 rings and has led the team to whatever many playoffs in a row and blah, blah, blah, but his decisions at times are very stupid and his stubbornness is tiresome.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Kyle is playing scared! When he plays with true intensity he’s a great asset but mostly he doesn’t.
in basically 7 minutes since garbage time doesnt count, he got you 2 steals and a rebound, he took 3s that he needed to take. You can blame his 3 pt shooting but since others out there were clanking just the same while doing nothing else to win games yea, it's a supid decision. What did you get out of Forbes?
I think Kyle has been very solid against GSW in the past... he's really not getting much of an opportunity here... which I am fine with if the Spurs are winning and he's not playing, but if you are losing just the same playing scrubs that didn't get you in the playoffs to begin with taking rotation minutes, yea that does not make any sense to me.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 08:04 AM
This is nothing new. He's done that with Dedmon and Blair. I get that he's won 5 rings and has led the team to whatever many playoffs in a row and blah, blah, blah, but his decisions at times are very stupid and his stubbornness is tiresome.
I don't think the Spurs will win this series no matter what they do, so maybe I really shouldn't complain. I like that Pop made some obvious adjustments like starting Rudy and decided to give big minutes to Davis to see if he could help. I don't begrudge him cutting Dijon and Kyle's minutes but he instead played Forbes, who doesn't shoot well when it matters and on top of it, is very bad at everything else that involves a basketball game. This isn't how he even got in the playoffs to begin with.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Does anyone think we have seen the last of Forbes in a Spur unform? BC I don't.

Last season Mills was probably just as bad against GSW and he got 50, so I think Forbes is getting a small deal and will be back.

Gagnrath
04-17-2018, 08:10 AM
In some of the regular season games Anderson has played with drive, confidence, and intensity. These two playoff games he has looked scared and treated the ball like a hot potato. That's a problem.

MoSpur02
04-17-2018, 08:20 AM
The starting lineup should be Aldridge, Anderson, Gay, Green, and Murray. Of the bench it should be Gasol, Bertans, Manu, White, and Parker. I don't wanna see Mills or Forbes play another minute unless it's garbage time.

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Does anyone think we have seen the last of Forbes in a Spur unform? BC I don't.

Last season Mills was probably just as bad against GSW and he got 50, so I think Forbes is getting a small deal and will be back.

Agree with everything you said in this post

DAF86
04-17-2018, 09:26 AM
The front office got stuff wrong before... They aren't perfect... They got Simmons wrong... He would have been valuable to the team

Simmons is one of the few things PATFO got right on this offseason, tbh.

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 11:42 AM
He exists. That's enough.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
to me, the nail in the coffin was fumbling a routine pass in the moments after the clear path foul. the moment is too big for him (like everybody he tries to guard), and honestly he's not that great even when the moment isn't too big for him. he's a poor man's gary neal.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Poop's secret love child tbqh

raybies
04-17-2018, 12:40 PM
to me, the nail in the coffin was fumbling a routine pass in the moments after the clear path foul. the moment is too big for him (like everybody he tries to guard), and honestly he's not that great even when the moment isn't too big for him. he's a poor man's gary neal.
that is exactly why I made the post. the was the straw that broke my back tbh and then the next play Thompson hit a J in his face...

probably the new bonner... sigh I expect him to be back next year, just hopefully on a minimum contract and out of the rotation. He's a good spark in certain situations against certain teams but he gets obliterated over every screen and doesn't fit in this series.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 12:46 PM
TBH... I wonder if there is going to a final nail in Forbes coffin... this dude doesn't have a coffin. As I said would not surprise me at all to see him right back next season.

Maybe he needs to leave a shoeless Miller unguarded to get a coffin... (Neal reference obviously).

I don't know how this guy doesn't get a coffin, but he doesn't.

Kyle though, he got a coffin.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Poop's secret love child tbqh

that is a funny picture in your AVI diehardfan1537

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 12:50 PM

no work will make Forbes 6'5 '', so no

paperboy77
04-17-2018, 12:53 PM

Probably responsible for a turning point in the game... for the bad. (Ultimately Pops fault for running him out there though!) Forbes is just a really low BB IQ type of guy.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-17-2018, 12:56 PM

that is a funny picture in your AVI diehardfan1537
It's Kawhi's personal doctor

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 01:17 PM
It's Kawhi's personal doctor
:toast
:lmao

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 04:36 PM
In some of the regular season games Anderson has played with drive, confidence, and intensity. These two playoff games he has looked scared and treated the ball like a hot potato. That's a problem.

This

BackHome
04-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Contract year tells you a lot about if a person can handle pressure and step up:

1. Green Failed
2. Forbes Failed
3. Anderson Failed
4. Tony Failed
5. Bertans Failed

The next game put up or ship out.

objective
04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Bertans has failed so far also.

His shortcomings can be forgiven if he does his one job well: take and make threes.

He's not helping his contact status either.

cd98
04-17-2018, 04:59 PM
I know this guy sucks, but what choice do they have but to play him. He's the only guy that can get the ball within a foot of going in from three point range. Unfortunately, he's too short and slow to guard anyone on the Warriors roster.

TD 21
04-17-2018, 05:26 PM
:lmao At making the overrated Thompson look better than he is by continuing to defend him with midget guards, on a team that's more loaded with hiding places than many seem to realize. How difficult is it to have Mills/Parker defend Iguodala/Cook, bench Forbes and trap Durant (Thompson and Cook, rarely playing together, are the only 2 rotation players that shouldn't be helped off of)?

Somehow, this organization hasn't figured out what the majority of the rest of the league has: there's only room for one small guard in a rotation and they better be able to do serious damage offensively, in one form or another. These idiots seem to think small ball means strictly having a more versatile front court, but what it really means is as few of liabilities as possible.

You don't even have to be a good 3-point shooter or defender necessarily, just not someone the defense can completely ignore off ball or target on the other end. Gay is a perfect example of this. Near average 3-point shooter having a down season from 3 (who isn't on this team? from 1st to damn near last in % without losing a shooter; never seen anything like this) and sub par lateral quickness at this point, yet he doesn't really hurt them at either end.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Contract year tells you a lot about if a person can handle pressure and step up:

1. Green Failed
2. Forbes Failed
3. Anderson Failed
4. Tony Failed
5. Bertans Failed

The next game put up or ship out.

Parker's decline has nothing to do with pressure, he's a HOFer:lol Green isn't in a true contract year(he can opt in and get his money) and the best season of his career was in a contract year..Forbes is just physically limited, nothing to do with pressure..

Anderson and Bertans, maybe, but people are overthinking this with all the "soft" and "pressure" talk..the roster is just lacking in talent..

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Parker's decline has nothing to do with pressure, he's a HOFer:lol Green isn't in a true contract year(he can opt in and get his money) and the best season of his career was in a contract year..Forbes is just physically limited, nothing to do with pressure..

Anderson and Bertans, maybe, but people are overthinking this with all the "soft" and "pressure" talk..the roster is just lacking in talent..
Mental toughness is just as important physical talent in sports; some of these guys lack toughness/confidence....

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Mental toughness is just as important physical talent in sports; some of these guys lack toughness/confidence....

Just as important?

Down Under
04-17-2018, 07:11 PM
I like Anderson as a starter, particular his defense, but he's just such a shocking fit with Murray who'll be the PG for the next decade. 2 non shooters in your 1-4 ugh

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 07:15 PM
I like Anderson as a starter, particular his defense, but he's just such a shocking fit with Murray who'll be the PG for the next decade. 2 non shooters in your 1-4 ugh

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ellaria-sand-game-of-thrones-reaction-gif-mountain-viper.gif

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 07:22 PM
:lmao At making the overrated Thompson look better than he is by continuing to defend him with midget guards, on a team that's more loaded with hiding places than many seem to realize. How difficult is it to have Mills/Parker defend Iguodala/Cook, bench Forbes and trap Durant (Thompson and Cook, rarely playing together, are the only 2 rotation players that shouldn't be helped off of)?

Somehow, this organization hasn't figured out what the majority of the rest of the league has: there's only room for one small guard in a rotation and they better be able to do serious damage offensively, in one form or another. These idiots seem to think small ball means strictly having a more versatile front court, but what it really means is as few of liabilities as possible.

You don't even have to be a good 3-point shooter or defender necessarily, just not someone the defense can completely ignore off ball or target on the other end. Gay is a perfect example of this. Near average 3-point shooter having a down season from 3 (who isn't on this team? from 1st to damn near last in % without losing a shooter; never seen anything like this) and sub par lateral quickness at this point, yet he doesn't really hurt them at either end.
this

Atl Spur
04-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Just as important?

Yep.......damn phone.