PDA

View Full Version : Manu starting Game 3, IMO

ElNono
04-17-2018, 05:54 AM
It's time for the typical Pop playoffs panic move...

Plus:
- Danny managed to post a -26 in 24 mins in Game 2 (:lol) and has a grand total of 6 points in this series so far

- After figuring out that the only way we're going to at least win one game from these guys is outscoring them, play your best scorers (yes, Manu is #4 right now, after LMA, Gay and Patty. Pau at #5)

- There's 4 days of rest, probably the longest we're going to have in-between games

- Try to capture some energy early playing at home

hater
04-17-2018, 06:33 AM
You can start the Coyote and Spurs will still lose in 5 tops

It would actually he a miracle if Spurs can win 1 in SA

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Just do it for the fans.
:flag:
--- I don't think Pop benches Danny. He might bench Dijon who keeps getting deep in the doghouse.
---You aren't winning against these guys playing the outscore them game, not when 2 of your best offensive players are Pau and Mills. Those 98 mill tho.

TDomination
04-17-2018, 07:15 AM
I'd be happy if we no longer saw two pgs on the court at the same time. So frustrating.

Hmm klay is going off...ANSWER? mills get on him!
Durant just hit three 3's in a row...ANSWER? Forbes get in there and shoot those 3's!

Gagnrath
04-17-2018, 08:14 AM
I am liking Anderson and Gay on Durant as the best choices. Whenever Green is on him press the whole legnth of the floor. Hell Patty until this year did a decent amount of pressing until he got paid. I get he's fatter this year but for real do it.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Just replace murray w white

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 11:10 AM
Danny's been awful in this series.

He looks tired out there...even in his face. He doesn't look like he's having a good time at all. All the guards are forcing their jumpers...they're shooting kind of flat and a lot of shots off the back iron. Pop needs to give them a slump buster or two. Take them to Pahrump and cut them loose for a night.

Yes, my solution is hooking them up with prostitutes. I'm a little different shooting coach than Chip.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 11:33 AM
i dont think manu has it in him to play that many minutes... and if we blow our load with LMA/Gay/Manu all in the starting unit, the bench will have absolutely nothing to work with. they'd go -12 in 2 minutes

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 11:34 AM
we need a 2 guard that can provide spacing (rules out danny green, unfortunately) and who isnt terribly undersized (forbes). white fits the bill, but oh well

manu is all we've got but at his age isn't giving us more than 22-25 minutes on a good day

pookenstein
04-17-2018, 12:06 PM
I was about to make a similar thread. It makes sense on some levels:
1. He can create good looks for himself.
2. He can create good looks for others. --> Put him in as many PNR as possible with LMA/Gay
3. Can't be posted up as easy as Murray/Mills/Parker/Forbes

Maybe that way we can win one of the home games, which, imo, is the most we can get if nothing crazy (Durant and/or Thompson injury, Kawhi magically returns) happens. Sure, he might flame out, but you can bet he'll leave everything he has on the floor. He might even fall into the snakes knee, diving for a loose ball.

Even if everything fails and we get swept, at least that way one of the biggest players the Spurs have ever had (and will ever have) gets a somewhat worthy farewell.

My starting lineup from here on out would be:
Manu
Green
Gay
Anderson
Aldrigde

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-17-2018, 12:20 PM
It's time for the typical Pop playoffs panic move...

Plus:
- Danny managed to post a -26 in 24 mins in Game 2 (:lol) and has a grand total of 6 points in this series so far

- After figuring out that the only way we're going to at least win one game from these guys is outscoring them, play your best scorers (yes, Manu is #4 right now, after LMA, Gay and Patty. Pau at #5)

- There's 4 days of rest, probably the longest we're going to have in-between games

- Try to capture some energy early playing at home

Holy fuck Green shitting the bed

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 12:23 PM
he should’ve been starting from the beginning of the series. i do worry about how many minutes he can play. i don’t want him to die on the court.

ducks
04-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Rather he die on court then on bench
If he is not turning it over and making shots

testies
04-17-2018, 12:41 PM
This Warriors team is super beatable, don't wait for the Blazers to beat them twice to notice it.

Their bench is awful but we manage to throw worse line ups than them in these situations.

It sucks because Poop will get a pass again for getting swept "Warriors are too talented"
stfu

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:08 PM
I don’t think Pop will do that yet. The fact the first two games were on the road and the starting unit functioned well (just missed) I think Pop will go the same assuming being home will solve the shooting woes.

It was already and issue with Rudy starting having LMA & Rudy resting together. Doubt Pop will weaken the bench more with Manu starting.

Game 4 maybe if things don’t change

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:09 PM
I hope Murray gets more run to see how he does on Klay

Amuseddaysleeper
04-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Danny's been awful in this series.

He looks tired out there...even in his face. He doesn't look like he's having a good time at all. All the guards are forcing their jumpers...they're shooting kind of flat and a lot of shots off the back iron. Pop needs to give them a slump buster or two. Take them to Pahrump and cut them loose for a night.

Yes, my solution is hooking them up with prostitutes. I'm a little different shooting coach than Chip.

He'd still manage to shoot blanks

daslicer
04-17-2018, 01:19 PM
This Warriors team is super beatable, don't wait for the Blazers to beat them twice to notice it.

Their bench is awful but we manage to throw worse line ups than them in these situations.

It sucks because Poop will get a pass again for getting swept "Warriors are too talented"
stfu

Blazers have an all-star back court in Lillard and CJ while the Spurs have a G-league backcourt in Mills and Murray.

ThomasamohT
04-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Good news is Danny Green is much better at home than on the road.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 02:04 PM
Good news is Danny Green is much better at home than on the road.
in the regular season, he shot 35.4% from 3 at home, and 37.7% on the road

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Nah, I don't see it. I think Bertans might have a shot at starting, tbh.

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Nah, I don't see it. I think Bertans might have a shot at starting, tbh.
What exactly makes you think this?
He played 25 minutes, shot 1/7 with 3 rebounds.... in 25 minutes...
I mean Pop might and I do hope Davis gets hot and all, but this is not a clear cut case.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:15 PM
What exactly makes you think this?
He played 25 minutes, shot 1/7 with 3 rebounds.... in 25 minutes...
I mean Pop might and I do hope Davis gets hot and all, but this is not a clear cut case.

Exactly what you said after the question. Pop played him a lot despite poor shooting. He seems to be trusting him on this matchup. I could see Kyle regaining his starting position too, but he needs to stop looking so shook on offense, tbh.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 02:24 PM
the spurs still fared well when he was on the floor. opened up a lot of room for LMA to operate

boutons_deux
04-17-2018, 02:28 PM
"starting unit functioned well (just missed)"

that's what they do, all season. :lol

how many games do they come out cold, even at home, get in a big hole, and often stay there, esp on the road?

14th in season team FG%, a fucking 40% :lol (gsw: 53%)

and Pop has eased up on insisting on early 2000s' defense, switching to "we got scorers, we can outscore them" :lol

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Exactly what you said after the question. Pop played him a lot despite poor shooting. He seems to be trusting him on this matchup. I could see Kyle regaining his starting position too, but he needs to stop looking so shook on offense, tbh.

the spurs still fared well when he was on the floor. opened up a lot of room for LMA to operate

These are good answers both... but who do you start him for? I would for Mills. Pop might do it for one of Danny or Dijon...

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:38 PM
These are good answers both... but who do you start him for? I would for Mills. Pop might do it for one of Danny or Dijon...

Probably Murray.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 02:40 PM

Probably Murray.
either one, really, but more likely in favor of murray. danny (in theory) can shoot, and our entire game plan needs to be spacing for aldridge. as much as DAF hates aldridge ball, its our only chance of advancing with this roster sans kawhi

Pauleta14
04-17-2018, 02:41 PM
The start of the game isn't the issue, the end is.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:46 PM
either one, really, but more likely in favor of murray. danny (in theory) can shoot, and our entire game plan needs to be spacing for aldridge. as much as DAF hates aldridge ball, its our only chance of advancing with this roster sans kawhi

lol son

Aldridge ball is fine if he keeps varying the way he attacks, like he has been doing at the end of the season, with more pick and roll action and face ups, and a lot less post ups (and in those less post ups even less soft fadeaway jumpers).

The moment the Spurs start mindlessly feeding LA in the post play after play is when the offense goes to shit (or even more shit than usual).

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't think they have a shot unless durant has a particularly bad night or Klay cools off. The reason is the spurs defense is extremely poor. IMO, Mills is not a starting caliber guard and it doesn't matter what you do. I commend him on his first 20 pt game of the modern GSW era (last 3 seasons), but that just made it more likely Pop keeps going to him than ever... and you just can't win that way. But maybe there is no way you win anyways with this group, so Pop is going to die playing his guys.

I agree Davis opened things up for LMA offensively, defensively this team is crap so it doesn't matter. Pop has benched his two best defensive players and so they are stuck.

cd98
04-17-2018, 03:06 PM
IF only we had someone that could score and guard Durant.

boutons_deux
04-17-2018, 03:13 PM

Dirk was the same problem, a 7-footer whose shots left his hands nearly 10 ft up.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 04:05 PM
Can't say anything bad about Manu, tbh. Let him enjoy these last 2 games as a starter so he can live the rest of his life back home in Guadalajara.

Rick Von Braun
04-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Good call!

It reminds me of 2005 semifinals vs Seattle after the Spurs got their arses handed at home and went back to Seattle 1-1 in serious jeopardy:
https://youtu.be/0VV6ibmaUFc

tholdren
04-17-2018, 04:57 PM

Klay is the issue not durant