PDA

View Full Version : Spurs WILL Win Game 3

TDomination
04-17-2018, 11:58 AM
I'm not one to usually make predictions or be all rah rah or whatever but just wanted to say that spurs will win on Thursday. The first half of game 2 showed me that the spurs can beat this team.

The spurs problem on the road has always been finishing games and yesterday was no different.

But at home spurs play a lot better for whatever reason. Big wins this past year against the blazers/rockets/thunder/jazz late in the season showed that the spurs role players are much more comfortable at home. And I know lamarcus will have another big game.

We've won 11 in a row at home. In the last 10 home games spurs avg. 105 pts compared to 92.3 pts in their last 10 on the road.

And the way the spurs came out in game 2 with high intensity, it will be easier to sustain for the young guys with the home crowd behind them.

I don't know if we will win game 4 or 5, we might lose both.

BUT, Spurs WILL win game 3. That much I'm sure of.

Here are some reminders of what the spurs are capable of at home.

UuZAvK3znKk

1unN_XWqUPo

lE6Ja_tK3xM

dabom
04-17-2018, 11:59 AM
OP with the guuds. :tu

JFK
04-17-2018, 12:05 PM
First home game back. I can see the Spurs sneak a win here. It is just prolonging the inevitable. If they lose Game 3, they for sure will be checked out and done with this and ready to end this.

TDomination
04-17-2018, 12:11 PM
First home game back. I can see the Spurs sneak a win here. It is just prolonging the inevitable. If they lose Game 3, they for sure will be checked out and done with this and ready to end this.

It's weird to say but I feel like this group of guys that are actually playong deserve at least a win or 2. Especially lamarcus. With all the kawhi drama going on, it would be nicer to see these guys win.

That way they can enjoy that feeling for a couple days and try to steal a win in game 4.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-17-2018, 12:19 PM
I can get behind this. Spurs have shown themselves to be a dominant home force this season aside from a rough patch midseason. Knocking down Rockets, Wizards, Thunder, etc. all at home recently gives the Spurs a solid chance of snagging two in a row at home.

jermaine
04-17-2018, 12:23 PM
I pray not.... Move on from Kawhi sooner!!

bklynspursfan
04-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Yessir... We played with em for about 38 minutes.

4 for freaking 28 from 3. More of those will drop at home, and as long as we bring that same energy/focus that we had last night (2 TO's in the first half :wow ), we should definitely be able to get the W.

:flag:

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 12:56 PM
If the Spurs just go 10/28 (35%) they have 18 more points. Not only were many of the threes they missed wide open, but it was the teams best 3PT shooters missing. I know SA hasn’t been a great 3PT shooting team but they have been at least average.

Then when you factor in that more makes also helps the defense get set? There is reason to believe SA can win a home game.

KD&Klay have maxed out. They can’t do too much more damage or play any more efficient. Just have to hope that sub 30% 3PT shooters like Iggy/Dray miss like normal.

BackHome
04-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Spurs will win only if Golden Shower decides to take dive in order to give Curry more time to heal tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Golden State didn't look infallible in game 2, the Spurs just couldn't hit from the outside. That will hopefully change at home. If Rudy and LMA bring the same game to game 3, Manu is Manu, and our other players hit their shots I can totally get behind the idea of winning game 3.

:tu

Go Spurs Go!

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Golden State didn't look infallible in game 2, the Spurs just couldn't hit from the outside. That will hopefully change at home. If Rudy and LMA bring the same game to game 3, Manu is Manu, and our other players hit their shots I can totally get behind the idea of winning game 3.

:tu

Go Spurs Go!

We could win but last night wasn't just about not being able to hit from outside. That doesn't explain allowing 116 points against a team missing its best shooter tbh. Defense has to get better too.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 01:22 PM
the spurs were an elite team at home this year and trash on the road... so it wouldn't be the most shocking result. also have to assume klay will slow down a bit

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2018, 01:24 PM
We could win but last night wasn't just about not being able to hit from outside. That doesn't explain allowing 116 points against a team missing its best shooter tbh. Defense has to get better too.

Forbes and Parker can't be on the floor. Forbes, Parker and Mills aren't stopping anyone on the Warriors.

Killakobe81
04-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Spurs will win by double digits in game 3
but lose game 4 and 5 by a small margin.

Phenomanul
04-17-2018, 01:30 PM
The best type of win would be if either Durant, Clay, Draymond or McGee (or any combination thereof) twisted an ankle and were out for the remainder of the series. Only then would the matchup be "fair".

I know there will be no restitution for the Spurs franchise for having had their legitimate Championship chances stolen last year on a deliberate hit job by their goon. But no one wants to mention it. Everyone in the media plays dumb and coy to the fact that the Warriors were legitimately challenged by a Kawhi-led Spurs team that won 67 games. Now they act as if the circumstances don't matter. All their brown-nosing is nauseating.

The Warriors' arrogant organization needs to go down in flames. The Spurs need to be the bad guys again. Obviously I'm not endorsing that they be goons. They just need to be physical as hell. Don't give them an inch. Get in their faces. Get them upset. Get under their skin. Set hard, bruising screens. If you foul them and send them to the line, make it hurt. I can't stand the Spurs player's defeated body language. Rise above it. Be strong, bold, courageous - out-hustle them. Persevere. Be the last ones standing. Damn.

We may not have a chance at the NBA Championship this year without Kawhi. But hell... eliminate these arrogant punks from contention.

That would be a win.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 01:39 PM

If Spurs just shoot average from 3 (35%) they hit 10 3s vs 4. That is 18 more points. Conversely many of the missed fueled GS offense. Let’s just assume that out of 6 additional makes that SA was able to get 2 more stops because of it. That’s 4-6 points less for GS. Do the math.

Missing really impacts the defense.

weeks
04-17-2018, 01:47 PM
If Spurs just shoot average from 3 (35%) they hit 10 3s vs 4. That is 18 more points. Conversely many of the missed fueled GS offense. Let’s just assume that out of 6 additional makes that SA was able to get 2 more stops because of it. That’s 4-6 points less for GS. Do the math.

Missing really impacts the defense.

good point.
kd and klay were lights out. lma got his points but obviously it's a struggle with constant swarming defense.
we can't assume game 1 was the aberration for him

BatManu20
04-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Maybe. Sticking to my original prediction of a Gentleman's Sweep by the Dubs.

Phenomanul
04-17-2018, 06:39 PM
The best type of win would be if either Durant, Clay, Draymond or McGee (or any combination thereof) twisted an ankle and were out for the remainder of the series. Only then would the matchup be "fair".

I know there will be no restitution for the Spurs franchise for having had their legitimate Championship chances stolen last year on a deliberate hit job by their goon. But no one wants to mention it. Everyone in the media plays dumb and coy to the fact that the Warriors were legitimately challenged by a Kawhi-led Spurs team that won 67 games. Now they act as if the circumstances don't matter. All their brown-nosing is nauseating.

The Warriors' arrogant organization needs to go down in flames. The Spurs need to be the bad guys again. Obviously I'm not endorsing that they be goons. They just need to be physical as hell. Don't give them an inch. Get in their faces. Get them upset. Get under their skin. Set hard, bruising screens. If you foul them and send them to the line, make it hurt. I can't stand the Spurs player's defeated body language. Rise above it. Be strong, bold, courageous - out-hustle them. Persevere. Be the last ones standing. Damn.

We may not have a chance at the NBA Championship this year without Kawhi. But hell... eliminate these arrogant punks from contention.

That would be a win.

And hope that Indy pulls the upset over the Cavs... this way, both the Spurs and Cavs are 1st round ousters and increases the likelihood that LeBron leaves Cleveland.

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 06:53 PM
The Spurs made me believe for almost three quarters...I enjoyed every f*cking minute of them.

We just need one more quarter! Do it! :flag:

daslicer
04-17-2018, 06:56 PM
I pray not.... Move on from Kawhi sooner!!

I hope they would get a win on their home court. It's better for the Spurs to get at least 1 win just from a pride perspective and to be eliminated at Oracle instead of at home.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 06:57 PM
It's funny, this Warriors team without Curry is very flawed..they only have 2 good offensive players, they don't have any great playmakers and their outside shooters outside of Klay and Durant are unreliable..

Whoever wins Portland/NO will put their flaws on display, unless Curry returns early..

DMC
04-17-2018, 07:36 PM
No they won't

DMC
04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
I hope they would get a win on their home court. It's better for the Spurs to get at least 1 win just from a pride perspective and to be eliminated at Oracle instead of at home.

I think it's better that they get swept again so they don't keep standing pat in the off season because "well Kawhi was out, we were right there"

BD24
04-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Probably not tbh.

more than likely getting swept

AlexJones
04-17-2018, 08:20 PM
It's funny, this Warriors team without Curry is very flawed..they only have 2 good offensive players, they don't have any great playmakers and their outside shooters outside of Klay and Durant are unreliable..

Whoever wins Portland/NO will put their flaws on display, unless Curry returns early..

Don't worry tho according to Warriors twitter they will sweep round 2 and okc will beat da rockettes

Spurs 4 The Win
04-17-2018, 08:43 PM
I have a feeling that we take Game 3 in relatively convincing fashion. Probably win by 7+ with random scrubs going off like Mills and Green. I think we will shoot well and catch them off guard with aggressive play. However, game 4 will be a dogfight and the pressure will be on us to repeat a game 3 performance.

gambit1990
04-18-2018, 01:06 AM
agreed.

TheDoctor
04-18-2018, 06:41 AM
Only way I can see this team winning Game3 is Manu switching his usual Game5s OGness for tomorrow’s game tbh

Keepin' it real
04-19-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm not one to usually make predictions or be all rah rah or whatever ... BUT, Spurs WILL win game 3. That much I'm sure of.

Ummm ...

phxspurfan
04-19-2018, 10:57 PM
Oof