PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi wants to play with LeBron either in SA or LA- Cris Carter

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 02:47 PM
https://youtu.be/ViAb4vQzzZ8

Cris “Connected” Carter says Kawhi wants to play with the King...

Stephen Jackson believes Kawhi will be a Spur and wants to see them in SA

Not in this video but Brian Windhorst says what happens to LeBron is connected to Kawhi...doesn’t mention SA but Philly, LA..

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:49 PM
That would the ultimate redeeming card: staying AND getting us Lebron. :lol

baseline bum
04-17-2018, 02:53 PM
What, the Cavs are going to take the contracts of Mills and Gasol so the Spurs can open up a max slot for LeBron? :lol

DAF86
04-17-2018, 02:58 PM
What, the Cavs are going to take the contracts of Mills and Gasol so the Spurs can open up a max slot for LeBron? :lol

Tony's expiring 15 millions, Danny expiring 10 millions and if Lebron really wants to come you just cut Gasol's 17 millions. that should make enough room, doesn't it?

Either way, pipe dream. :lol

NASpurs
04-17-2018, 02:58 PM
It's a 180 from what we're led to believe what the current state of affairs are.

gambit1990
04-17-2018, 03:00 PM
sign and trade, involving lebron and la. then sign cp3.

:lobt2:
cp3's a free agent this summer.

lmbebo
04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
:bobo

:hat

Believe Bron would like to play with Kwahi. Not sure thats in SA ...

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:02 PM
It's a 180 from what we're led to believe what the current state of affairs are.

Especially coming from Cris Carter

cd98
04-17-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm sure Kawhi is besties with LeBron and Kawhi calls and talks to him often.

NASpurs
04-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Especially coming from Cris Carter

SJax convinced me more than Carter though. I felt like SJax was shitting on the Spurs and the situation for the past few months or so.

Well whatever though, grain of salt and all that.

cd98
04-17-2018, 03:05 PM
SJax convinced me more than Carter though. I felt like SJax was shitting on the Spurs and the situation for the past few months or so.

Well whatever though, grain of salt and all that.

Sjax will like the Spurs next year because Manu, Parker, and Pop will all be gone. And we'd probably all agree that he wouldn't have to say that Forbes is better than he is.

Play Boban
04-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Cris Carter is worthless.

K...
It would be quite the scandal if kawhi and LeBron coordinated to go anywhere, although I guess it happened already with the heat. Good news that maybe kathi is the Wade and Aldridge is the Bosh ,,(matching heart conditions!)

baseline bum
Tony's expiring 15 millions, Danny expiring 10 millions and if Lebron really wants to come you just cut Gasol's 17 millions. that should make enough room, doesn't it?

They'd have about $12 million in capspace if they renounce Parker, Green opts out, and Gay keeps his option. Or $21 million in capspace if they renounce Parker and both Gay and Green opt out (this is all assuming Manu retires). So they'd have to find a taker to salary dump Gasol onto to get James. I forgot about Green being able to opt out so they wouldn't need to dump both Gasol and Fifty.

Ron Swanson
04-17-2018, 03:07 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/283/235/7e3.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
04-17-2018, 03:08 PM
That's my dude kawhi :tu get well soon bro

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Here we go :lol

Drunford will show Fathead and Green the brinks truck and all of you will like it

gambit1990
i've said before, sa is a viable landing spot for lebron. he's gonna lose again in the finals... i guess i should really say sa is a viable spot if kawhi is healthy...

Robz4000
They'd have about $12 million in capspace if they renounce Parker, Green opts out, and Gay keeps his option. Or $21 million in capspace if they renounce Parker and both Gay and Green opt out (this is all assuming Manu retires). So they'd have to find a taker to salary dump Gasol onto to get James. I forgot about Green being able to opt out so they wouldn't need to dump both Gasol and Fifty.

Wonder if Thibs will still be GM in Minny come July? Might be the only hope of dumping Gasol without losing a pick.

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:10 PM

https://youtu.be/H4_oVKEmSYI

Windhorst “What happens to Kawhi will be linked to LeBron”

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 03:10 PM

this would be incredible

TDomination
04-17-2018, 03:13 PM

So kawhi says I want to sign an extension with the spurs but not the supermax, I want to leave room so that we can sign LeBron too. Lol
Yeah I'm sure people would forget about this year so fast.

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:14 PM

But what about the Kawhi super max?

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 03:15 PM
:lol And just like that, everyone's suddenly believing Cris Carter and supporting Kawhi again. Kawhi's uncle is a genius, tbh.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 03:16 PM
:bobo

:hat

Believe Bron would like to play with Kwahi. Not sure thats in SA ...
Pop's politics tbh

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Don't be absurd, Kawhi doesn't know what he wants, only what grampa tells him he wants.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 03:17 PM
If Lebron comes it'll be because of Kawhi. Not Pop :lol

Quiet Strength
04-17-2018, 03:17 PM
My sources tell me Kawhi is leaving the nba to star in the new Rush Hour remake with Mengke Bateer

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 03:18 PM
Pop is the goat :lmao

Look at the stark contrast in both Carter & especailly Jax in talking about Pop and the Spurs and Kawhi. If they are connected (as people said before) then this has to go a LONG way to putting people at ease.

You know what I believe started it? When Pop made that joke about Coach Brown keeping Jax from beating him up and then said just kidding, love you Jax.

I honestly think that softened Jax up made him think about things and maybe even did some calling/research about the situation.

Even if it’s Kawhi’s camp doing damage control, then the way Pop and Co have handled this worked. All you can do is maximize perception and either way they did that.

spurraider21
green's value has been in free fall imo... starting to worry he's gonna opt in

spurraider21
lebron has never hidden his adoration of Pop + he appreciates pop's political rants

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:19 PM
:lol And just like that, everyone's suddenly believing Cris Carter and supporting Kawhi again. Kawhi's uncle is a genius, tbh.

I mean you can’t have it both ways right?

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 03:20 PM
The media is putting Spurstalk through the spin cycle and posters are eating up every word of it. :lol

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:21 PM
I personally think it’s more likely in LA...

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
Poop just got outsmarted by Kawhi's group, imho. Now, when Kawhi gets traded for pennies on the dollar, PATFO will get all the criticism for "costing the Spurs a Kawhi/LeBron duo." Either that, or Kawhi gets the supermax after all because of the hope that LeBron will join the Spurs too.

boutons_deux
04-17-2018, 03:23 PM

our $100M trade package that can't make plays, can't score, can't defend :lol

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:24 PM
But seriously can’t discredit what Windhorst said....

E20
04-17-2018, 03:28 PM
Fucking bull shit. If lebron comes to SA because of Kawhi I'll spend all my life savings on bigballerbrand merch and let Lavar and all his sons t-bag me

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Poop just got outsmarted by Kawhi's group, imho. Now, when Kawhi gets traded for pennies on the dollar, PATFO will get all the criticism for "costing the Spurs a Kawhi/LeBron duo." Either that, or Kawhi gets the supermax after all because of the hope that LeBron will join the Spurs too.

No. Pop’s handling of the situation either A) Forced Kawhi’s group to do a 180 fall back in line and start really doing damage control to protect Kawhi’s value so SA didn’t have to or B) We are getting more of the truth about where things are from people

Either way, that is a win for SA. If it’s about Kawhi and SA being on the same page; great. SA and Kawhi have a good chance of staying together. If it’s just a 180 damage control because Kawhi was getting bashed; great. SA now has control of the narrative and it helps restore as much vaule as possible.

FvckMavs
04-17-2018, 03:31 PM

The supermax starts 2019.

RD2191
04-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Bull. Kawhi ain't that type of dude to be teaming up with superstars. I'm not buying any of this shit.

MoSpur02
04-17-2018, 03:32 PM
We all know the respect LeBron has for Pop. I think this off-season LeBron will opt out and will strongly consider playing for Pop because he knows Pop can lead him to more championships.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 03:33 PM

sananspursfan21
04-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Let me make sure I understand this correctly: the former NFL wide receiver said that?

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:39 PM
This attention whore Great Yacht needs to stop quoting himself...

Get a life faggot

DaBears
04-17-2018, 03:43 PM

Man... I can Guarantee you that SPURS would eat PG contract in a heart beat, if it meant LBJ & Kiwi played for the SPURS next season.. The Holt family would make so much money & get so much attention is not even fathomable, really when you think of it.

LMA
Kiwi
LBJ..
Top contender for sure.

DaBears
04-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Man... I can Guarantee you that SPURS would eat PG contract in a heart beat, if it meant LBJ & Kiwi played for the SPURS next season.. The Holt family would make so much money & get so much attention is not even fathomable, really when you think of it.

LMA
Kiwi
LBJ..
Top contender for sure.

Not going to Lie though, the thought of this does get my boat a float-in.. If you catch my drift.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 03:46 PM
:lol I feel bad for posters here, tbh..first they thought Lebron was coming, then they believed Durant was coming, then it was Chris Paul, now it's LeBron again..none of them have even actually considered the Spurs in the past..Jesus..

Other than Aldridge, their biggest off-season moves the past 20 years have been re-signing Mills and Gasol:lol

Clipper Nation
No. Pop’s handling of the situation either A) Forced Kawhi’s group to do a 180 fall back in line and start really doing damage control to protect Kawhi’s value so SA didn’t have to or B) We are getting more of the truth about where things are from people

Either way, that is a win for SA. If it’s about Kawhi and SA being on the same page; great. SA and Kawhi have a good chance of staying together. If it’s just a 180 damage control because Kawhi was getting bashed; great. SA now has control of the narrative and it helps restore as much vaule as possible.
This is a pretty big stretch. Carter has already admitted that he knows Kawhi's group, so that's obviously where this is coming from. This story is all about fixing Kawhi's reputation, not his trade value. Look at how the media and casual fans finally turned on him this weekend. And now look at how quickly Spurfan got back on Kawhi's side at the mere mention of LeBron. The Spurs just got outsmarted here. Kawhi wins either way now.

daslicer
I don't believe in this rumor but I do find it funny that if it's true the Spurs end up with Lebron right as his prime is ending. It seems like the normal trajectory which is the Spurs always end up with guys who are past their primes.

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:49 PM
This is a pretty big stretch. Carter has already admitted that he knows Kawhi's group, so that's obviously where this is coming from. This story is all about fixing Kawhi's reputation, not his trade value. Look at how the media and casual fans finally turned on him this weekend. And now look at how quickly Spurfan got back on Kawhi's side at the mere mention of LeBron. The Spurs just got outsmarted here. Kawhi wins either way now.

This is a pretty big stretch...

DaBears
04-17-2018, 03:50 PM
I don't believe in this rumor but I do find it funny that if it's true the Spurs end up with Lebron right as his prime is ending. It seems like the normal trajectory which is the Spurs always end up with guys who are past their primes.

Could always be worse, i rather get a star as it fades away them never to have had them at all...

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 03:51 PM
LeBron always does this, it's nothing new..he leaks rumors of a batch of teams he's "considering" joining, but never actually considers them..last time it was the Knicks, Bulls, Clippers/Lakers, Cavs and Heat..

This time, we've already heard Lakers, Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Sixers and going back to Miami:lol

spurs50_
04-17-2018, 03:52 PM
I don't think LeBron has gotten over himself...

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 03:54 PM
:lol I feel bad for posters here, tbh..first they thought Lebron was coming, then they believed Durant was coming, then it was Chris Paul, now it's LeBron again..none of them have even actually considered the Spurs in the past..Jesus..

Other than Aldridge, their biggest off-season moves the past 20 years have been re-signing Mills and Gasol:lol

Well getting the Top FA in LMA when it was speculated will do that to you...

I do find the hypocrisy in this forum on both sides tho..so many douchebags in here

DeRozan m8
04-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Called it earlier

LeBron has already made the call to Kawhi.

Like wade and bosh that time.

UZER
This is more of a LeBron leak than Kawhi. HE wants to play with Kawhi.

Chillen
I have to admit it would be interesting to see how far a Pop coached team with a big 3 of Leonard/James/Aldridge would go. Leonard/James as a dynamic duo is scary good though.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 03:58 PM
I could buy LeBron wanting to play with Kawhi..

LeBron is very manipulative and calculated, every move he makes has a purpose..Kawhi is weak and easily manipulated, along with being shy and socially awkward, it's a perfect fit..he's an easy target..

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 03:59 PM
LeBron always does this, it's nothing new..he leaks rumors of a batch of teams he's "considering" joining, but never actually considers them..last time it was the Knicks, Bulls, Clippers/Lakers, Cavs and Heat..

This time, we've already heard Lakers, Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Sixers and going back to Miami:lol
remember when you thought he was staying in miami :lmao

BackHome
04-17-2018, 04:00 PM
This is just a big smoke screen to take heat off Kawisha.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 04:01 PM

He gave them the impression that he was staying, which has been confirmed by Pat Riley, LeBatard and other Heat insiders..

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
I could buy LeBron wanting to play with Kawhi..

LeBron is very manipulative and calculated, every move he makes has a purpose..Kawhi is weak and easily manipulated, along with being shy and socially awkward, it's a perfect fit..he's an easy target..

But why can’t it be true?? Doesn’t have to be in SA...

But as CC said in the video the easiest place for it to happen is SA..

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
But why can’t it be true?? Doesn’t have to be in SA...

But as CC said in the video the easiest place for it to happen is SA..

I obviously hope it's true..I'm just saying, we literally do this on this forum every off-season and none of these guys ever actually consider the Spurs:lol

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 04:03 PM
I have to admit it would be interesting to see how far a Pop coached team with a big 3 of Leonard/James/Aldridge would go. Leonard/James as a dynamic duo is scary good though.

this big three would be literally unbeatable, whether in SA or anywhere else, it would be impossible for any current team to face this team

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 04:03 PM
I truly believe Kawhi will be traded to Philly and then Lebron will sign there. Either that or Kawhi gets traded to LA and Lebron signs with Houston.

King ain't coming to the creek folks.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 04:04 PM
this big three would be literally unbeatable, whether in SA or anywhere else, it would be impossible for any current team to face this team

Aldridge is going to be content with being a 3rd option after asking for a trade a year ago because he didn't want to be a 2nd option?

daslicer

Agreed Lebron is an attention whore.

Pauleta14

Definitely...

And if Lebron comes, Green would propably wanna stay, they are buddies and he has a player option.

So definitely impossible

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Aldridge is going to be content with being a 3rd option after asking for a trade a year ago because he didn't want to be a 2nd option?

good question, but playing with Kawhi and Lebron would be something that even he could not refuse would be the closest thing to pippen / jordan we would watch

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 04:06 PM
This attention whore Great Yacht needs to stop quoting himself...

Get a life faggot

:lol

Ice009
04-17-2018, 04:08 PM

Look at the stark contrast in both Carter & especailly Jax in talking about Pop and the Spurs and Kawhi. If they are connected (as people said before) then this has to go a LONG way to putting people at ease.

You know what I believe started it? When Pop made that joke about Coach Brown keeping Jax from beating him up and then said just kidding, love you Jax.

I honestly think that softened Jax up made him think about things and maybe even did some calling/research about the situation.

When was this?

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 04:09 PM
good question, but playing with Kawhi and Lebron would be something that even he could not refuse would be the closest thing to pippen / jordan we would watch

In this hypothetical fairy tale world, I'd rather use him as a trade piece to free salary, he's one of the Spurs' few assets..LeBron/Kawhi would just need shooters around them and a big that does the dirty work(and 1 guard who can create at an above average level, doesn't have to be a star)..

lmbebo
04-17-2018, 04:10 PM
Pop's politics tbh

Pop's politics - prob has more players behind him than not. It prob endears more players to him because of his politics if you think about it.

Fans are all over the place. I'm guessing you aligned yourself with that washington post article yesterday?

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 04:11 PM
I obviously hope it's true..I'm just saying, we literally do this on this forum every off-season and none of these guys ever actually consider the Spurs:lol

I dunno if I can agree with the last part..,Spurs being considered or being the favorite are different..

CP3 and KD both publicly stated Spurs were considered and tbh were “Plan B”

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Built not bought. I'm all for getting another star but not that ring-chasing Jordan wannabe. Fuck Lebron and fuck Kawhi, tbh.

Brazil
04-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Definitely...

Shit now we know for sure Parker is posting on this forum

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 04:22 PM
Built not bought. I'm all for getting another star
:lol You do see the contradiction here, right?

davidbowie
04-17-2018, 04:24 PM

I’d go to church every morning just so I could thank god in person :worthy:

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 04:24 PM
:lol You do see the contradiction here, right?

No, it isn't that simple. Getting Tatum, who is a potential star, isn't deviating from built not bought. Getting a top 10 player of all time, who's a ring whore, is.

lmbebo
04-17-2018, 04:25 PM
Find it funny - everyone is bitching about Kwahi, he's soft, bailed on the spurs, his teammates, etc.

Now all of a sudden, everyone is going nuts about him possibly bringing Lebron here ... Only on ST ...

BD24
04-17-2018, 04:27 PM

Convientely enough I believe his shitty Timmy2zo alt “died” shortly after that

tmtcsc
04-17-2018, 04:37 PM

At best they text and do sign language. Kawhi can't wipe his ass much less talk. See what I did there?

Stabula
04-17-2018, 04:39 PM
I'd love to have an aging post-prime LeBron and a Kawhi with one leg who may not even play ever again, and almost certainly not at a super star level. Sounds good, do it RC.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Called it earlier

LeBron has already made the call to Kawhi.

Like wade and bosh that time.

Kawhi's rehabbing in NY. He doesn't have time to take phone calls.

BatManu20
04-17-2018, 04:46 PM
Kawhi and Lebron playing together in LA is waaaaaay more realistic than them playing togethr in San Antonio.

cd021
04-17-2018, 04:48 PM

Kawhi is already under contract for next season, so the super max wouldn't affect anything.

K...
04-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Even if it's Los Angeles or Philly, the LeBron chatter raises ks trade value greatly,. Oh you don't want to give a pick, take gasol, well then I guess you don't get LeBron!

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Kawhi and Lebron playing together in LA is waaaaaay more realistic than them playing togethr in San Antonio.

Kinda....

But that’s not what Cris “Connected” Carter says...

This summer?? No. But maybe next summer?? Spurs would have to trade Kawhi and get things in return..

hater
04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Torn pussy labia in dreads aint coming back to fat antonio

jermaine
04-17-2018, 04:54 PM
These niggas justifying not supporting your team. My black folks kill me.

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Find it funny - everyone is bitching about Kwahi, he's soft, bailed on the spurs, his teammates, etc.

Now all of a sudden, everyone is going nuts about him possibly bringing Lebron here ... Only on ST ...
Just shows how Kawhi's uncle is a genius, tbh.

baseline bum
04-17-2018, 04:58 PM

LMA
Kiwi
LBJ..
Top contender for sure.

They can't eat Gasol's contract. It counts against the cap unless they can find some sucker with capspace to take it off their hands. Maybe they can do it if they package pick #18 with Gasol but they better make fucking 100% sure Leonard is healthy and signing the supermax if they give up that asset to clear Gasol off the cap. James + Leonard is the ultimate longshot for so many different reasons. You might as well start planning how you're going to spend your $400 million from winning the lotto while you're at it.

coachmac87
04-17-2018, 05:01 PM
They can't eat Gasol's contract. It counts against the cap unless they can find some sucker with capspace to take it off their hands. Maybe they can do it if they package pick #18 with Gasol but they better make fucking 100% sure Leonard is healthy and signing the supermax if they give up that asset to clear Gasol off the cap. James + Leonard is the ultimate longshot for so many different reasons. You might as well start planning how you're going to spend your $400 million from winning the lotto while you're at it.

So where’s he going? And how?

Like go hear your opinion

Hoops Czar
04-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Kawhi is already under contract for next season, so the super max wouldn't affect anything.

Lebron's ego is too big for San Antonio and the Spurs culture is too big for Lebron. Hell will freeze over before The PATFO commits to turning over the organization to one player (player, coach, General Manager, etc) and that's what it would take in order to bring Lebron to the Spurs.

Mugen
04-17-2018, 05:09 PM
:lol y'all are dumb AF tbh

BatManu20
04-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Imho, CLE, LAL, PHI, & HOU are the only realistic destinations for Lebron next season. SA, BOS, & LAL are the only ones for Kawhi. Everything else is just noise.

cd98
04-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Ok, I can get Kawhi wanting to play with LeBron because LeBron could do for Kawhi what Jordan did for Pippen. LeBron could play anywhere and get big time endorsements, and Kawhi, just by winning with LeBron, would get endorsements.

But why would LeBron want to play with Kawhi. I know, I know, Kawhi is a stud basketball player. But how would you feel if you don't know if he's going to play in pain or if his injury is going to heal? I'm sure that if Kyrie (pre surgery) or CP3 came to S.A. and then found that Kawhi would play less than 10 games, they would be pissed they came. How confident is LeBron that Kawhi is going to play 70+ games?

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 05:14 PM
When was this?

Pre game 1 of playoffs during media session

SupremeGuy
04-17-2018, 05:20 PM
:lol And just like that, everyone's suddenly believing Cris Carter and supporting Kawhi again. Kawhi's uncle is a genius, tbh.:rollin

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 05:22 PM
But why would LeBron want to play with Kawhi. I know, I know, Kawhi is a stud basketball player. But how would you feel if you don't know if he's going to play in pain or if his injury is going to heal? I'm sure that if Kyrie (pre surgery) or CP3 came to S.A. and then found that Kawhi would play less than 10 games, they would be pissed they came. How confident is LeBron that Kawhi is going to play 70+ games?

AD knew that Boogie would rupture his Achilles tendon?

What's if Kawhi was healthy while Irving misses the playoffs?

How do you know that iron-man LeBron wouldn't get a severe injury after signed with the Spurs? If we consider SAS' luck lately...

Injuries happen all time. No one player, nor a team could be confident about that.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Why does he not want to play here anymore? Spurs coddled and matured this clown. Now suddenly he went rogue all year long..

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 05:25 PM

Why would any Spurs fan want Lebron now? 34 years old just fishing around for another ring. I will pass..

cd98
04-17-2018, 05:25 PM
AD knew that Boogie would rupture his Achilles tendon?

What's if Kawhi was healthy while Irving misses the playoffs?

How do you know that iron-man LeBron wouldn't get a severe injury after signed with the Spurs? If we consider SAS' luck lately...

Injuries happen all time. No one player, nor a team could be confident about that.

Yes, injuries can happen. But this is one that is stranger than, say, an ACL tear. It would seem to be one not as serious and one that would've healed by now, at least according to Spurs doctors. I don't think he's faking it, but I also don't think he is so injured that he couldn't play. I think he wants to be 100% healthy before playing on it and he could probably play at 80%. If that is the case, then I can tell you LeBron would not want to play with a guy that is 80% healthy, but won't play in the playoffs. Sure, anyone can tear an ACL, etc. Even LeBron. But I think the concern here is that Kawhi won't play in pain and the uncertainty would seem to have an impact on LeBron. If I were him, I'd go to Houston or 76ers. There's no uncertainty at either place as to who your important teammates will be.

cd98
04-17-2018, 05:27 PM
Why would any Spurs fan want Lebron now? 34 years old just fishing around for another ring. I will pass..

No offense, but LeBron is still a great player at 34 and will be for the next 4 or 5 years, even if he won't be able to jump out of the gym. His mere physical strength at his size makes him unguardable by all but the very best. He's like the Shaq of 3/4s. He'll play the 4 going forward and dominate.

r0drig0lac
04-17-2018, 05:30 PM

because Lebron at 34 is still undeniably the best player in the world

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 05:34 PM
No offense, but LeBron is still a great player at 34 and will be for the next 4 or 5 years, even if he won't be able to jump out of the gym. His mere physical strength at his size makes him unguardable by all but the very best. He's like the Shaq of 3/4s. He'll play the 4 going forward and dominate.

because Lebron at 34 is still undeniably the best player in the world

He is still a great player, but renting Lebron for a few years does not excite me. He will not be a Spur. Not really. Just renting himself out.

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Imho, CLE, LAL, PHI, & HOU are the only realistic destinations for Lebron next season. SA, BOS, & LAL are the only ones for Kawhi. Everything else is just noise.

Agree, except for HOU and LAL. One thing that people forget about LeBron is that he built a team in Miami, he did the same in Cleveland. He wanted total control on-off court

I doubt he can see that he has that chance with the Rockets after their good season. Doesn't matter that his buddie CP3 is there. Unlike Rockets lose in 1st or 2nd round, LeBron wouldn't join them.

Also, he hates LaVar after the idiot talked about his sons but if they trade Lonzo...who knows.

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 05:45 PM
I don't think he's faking it, but I also don't think he is so injured that he couldn't play. I think he wants to be 100% healthy before playing on it and he could probably play at 80%.
Well, his doctors say otherwise. Someone who is in the league and knows that his NYC doctor is one of the best in sports' world could trust him.

I doubt any team would offer a shit for Kawhi in offseason without talking with his doctors before. Since they aren't team-doctors they can be "consulted" in a discreet way.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 05:45 PM

Unless Lebron wants to play for Pop.

TD 21
04-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Even if true, we all know James isn't coming here. Normally, a superstar or star wanting to team up with another one, especially the one, wouldn't be surprising, but in this case I'm skeptical. Not that Leonard wouldn't want to play with him necessarily, but he strikes me as the type who'd both prefer and is conceivably capable of potentially winning a championship(s) as the undisputed best player. Playing with James would turn him into at least a part time spot up shooter, particularly in clutch time. Granted, James would take all the "face of the franchise" burdens off of his plate, that would probably be secondary for him.

DAF86
04-17-2018, 05:48 PM
:lol y'all are dumb AF tbh

Dude, nobody is really buying it. It's just something fun to talk about.

White, Green, Kawhi, Lebron, Aldridge. :cry

baseline bum
04-17-2018, 05:50 PM
He is still a great player, but renting Lebron for a few years does not excite me. He will not be a Spur. Not really. Just renting himself out.

Shit I would, it would probably mean another banner in the AT&T Center.

daslicer
04-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Kawhi's team created another diversion with this crap speculation. He was getting slammed by the media and now we hear this garbage about him teaming up with Lebron.

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 06:05 PM
Windhorst went from "There are some people who are frustrated Kawhi has gotten as much love as he has..Lebron isn't liking the love Leonard is getting" to "What happens to Kawhi Leonard is a link to what happens to LeBron...“If the Cavs get knocked out before the Finals, and LeBron has six weeks to think about things and six weeks to get in touch with Kawhi things could get a little crazy.”

Like I've said in other threads, narratives can change in a second.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Shit I would, it would probably mean another banner in the AT&T Center.

And that would really matter to you like the others? Timmy D led us to the others. That matters to me. I want another franchise guy that is ours, to do it again.

Trill Clinton
04-17-2018, 06:18 PM
:lmao

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2018, 06:20 PM
And that would really matter to you like the others? Timmy D led us to the others. That matters to me. I want another franchise guy that is ours, to do it again.

:(:(:(built not bought :(:(:(

MannyIsGod
04-17-2018, 06:20 PM
This is never happening in SA. Have fun with this bullshit.

ducks
04-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Only way it happens if pop demands holt to do it to prove he can win without Duncan

daslicer
04-17-2018, 06:29 PM

Just some pathetic diversion bs created by Kawhi's team to get the media off of trashing him. Amazing how many people are eating it up like lemmings.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 06:30 PM

green opting out is close to a necessity to making this happen tbh

cjw
04-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Unless Lebron wants to play for Pop.

Or his old running buddy Luke Walton

Part if Lebron’s legacy building is his 3-5 record in the Finals (soon to be 6 losses) and wanting to balance that out. Best way to do that? Join a team in the west that will compete immediately for a title while he’s still prime Lebron.

Houston and GS are the two top teams, but he’s not going to GS ... no better way to kill legacy. Houston has to do some cap gymnastics but we know some dumbass GM will take Anderson off their hands.

bic50
04-17-2018, 06:32 PM
Just some pathetic diversion bs created by Kawhi's team to get the media off of trashing him. Amazing how many people are eating it up like lemmings.
How do you know this?

ElNono
04-17-2018, 06:37 PM
As long as Manu comes back for another season, sure

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 06:40 PM
As long as Manu comes back for another season, sure
:lol my dude

TrainOfThought5
04-17-2018, 06:44 PM
The media is putting Spurstalk through the spin cycle and posters are eating up every word of it. :lol

Its disgusting, tbh.

TrainOfThought5
04-17-2018, 06:46 PM

All Championships Matter

Slippy
04-17-2018, 07:06 PM

Pretty much.

Down Under
04-17-2018, 07:14 PM
It's so hard to tell whether Green is declining or not & therefore whether he will opt out. He shot like a dog & looked done all through the 2016 season, then caught fire in the playoffs.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 07:21 PM
It'll go down exactly how the CP3 rumors went down. :lol

- Lebron will have SA as one of his 5 choices (out of respect)

- He'll go elsewhere a week after FA begins and come up with the "Kawhi's uncertainty with the team" excuse just as CP3 did with LMA

- Spurs will leak out that they weren't really that interested to save face

- Fathead and GLeague will be rewarded for waiting a whole 72 hours

Rinse and repeat.

Slippy
04-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Could you imagine if these two did get together, it be Kawhis group & team lebron running the asylum. Dont see spurs wanting to go that way after the dramas of this season.:lol

Sorry to burst some of your bubbles here

baseline bum
04-17-2018, 07:43 PM

Of course it would. It's not like it would be automatic given the strength of Golden State and Houston right now. I can't imagine a title not mattering unless our star player went OJ on his wife or something.

offset formation
04-17-2018, 07:59 PM

Lol. These are not mutually exclusive.

offset formation
04-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Yeah, Kawhi's team plays chess, too.

sasaint
04-17-2018, 08:02 PM
My sauces have revealed to me that PATFO have their eyes on a guy overseas named LeRon James who wears number 23.

sasaint
04-17-2018, 08:07 PM
Could you imagine if these two did get together, it be Kawhis group & team lebron running the asylum. Dont see spurs wanting to go that way after the dramas of this season.:lol

Sorry to burst some of your bubbles here

Utterly inconceivable with PATFO around. With them gone, it is merely implausible.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Kl is a bum

UZER
04-17-2018, 08:21 PM
It'll go down exactly how the CP3 rumors went down. :lol

- Lebron will have SA as one of his 5 choices (out of respect)

- He'll go elsewhere a week after FA begins and come up with the "Kawhi's uncertainty with the team" excuse just as CP3 did with LMA

- Spurs will leak out that they weren't really that interested to save face

- Fathead and GLeague will be rewarded for waiting a whole 72 hours

Rinse and repeat.

Manu comes back another year because they cheered really loud for him in games 3&4 against GSW again, and he felt like he was being forced out.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Manu comes back another year because they cheered really loud for him in games 3&4 against GSW again, and he felt like he was being forced out.

Manu still better than kl

UZER
04-17-2018, 08:29 PM
Manu still better than kl

At this point, I’m better than Kawhi.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 08:37 PM
At this point, I’m better than Kawhi.

Im better than half the roster.... combined

tdominate21
04-17-2018, 08:46 PM
Lebron's next move will only be somewhere with a superstar. It's his last chance. He knows he has to be on a team with at least 3 superstars that can compete against the likes of the warriors.

There are only 3 teams he can join that can almost make him a favorite against the warriors. Team #1 is Philly but they are trusting the "process" and probably don't want to disrupt the fact that they are about to give the league nightmares starting next year. Team #2 is Houston which is why i am rooting for them to win it all this year so that he won't want to pull a Durant and join a team that already won. Team #3 is, in fact, the Spurs. Out of respect for pop, he would listen and need to hear that Kawhi is healthy and resigned. Finally, the only darkhorse would be the lakers, but that would take landing paul george or losing talent to get kawhi.

Spurs have a chance in this. If they resigned kawhi AND signed lebron, i think Vegas would make them favorites. You are looking at 2 top 5 playes along with lamarcus playing like a top 10 player. How is that not appealing to lebron?!?! He wants titles and respects the spurs

tholdren
04-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Lebron's next move will only be somewhere with a superstar. It's his last chance. He knows he has to be on a team with at least 3 superstars that can compete against the likes of the warriors.

There are only 3 teams he can join that can almost make him a favorite against the warriors. Team #1 is Philly but they are trusting the "process" and probably don't want to disrupt the fact that they are about to give the league nightmares starting next year. Team #2 is Houston which is why i am rooting for them to win it all this year so that he won't want to pull a Durant and join a team that already won. Team #3 is, in fact, the Spurs. Out of respect for pop, he would listen and need to hear that Kawhi is healthy and resigned. Finally, the only darkhorse would be the lakers, but that would take landing paul george or losing talent to get kawhi.

Spurs have a chance in this. If they resigned kawhi AND signed lebron, i think Vegas would make them favorites. You are looking at 2 top 5 playes along with lamarcus playing like a top 10 player. How is that not appealing to lebron?!?! He wants titles and respects the spurs

Terrible post

tdominate21
04-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Why?

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Why?
tholdren

tbdog
04-17-2018, 09:13 PM

No, if we re-announce Parker, Green, Jofrey, bertans, forbes, and kyle Anderson, we only have like 10 mil in cap space. Then we will need to dump Mills and Gasol to create a further 27mil, giving just enough to offer Lebron 35mil. If Lebron wants to come here, he will need to take a Durant discount and get a 25mil contract. That way spurs could keep Kyle/Green.

And I am not sure if we can sign and trade for Lebron. He will need to opt in on the condition he will get traded to the spurs in a CP3 to Rockets type deal, and that way Spurs can use bird rights on Green/Kyle/Bertans for example.

Dverde
04-17-2018, 09:19 PM
I thought Gasol’s last year was only partial guaranteed moving it putrid to terrible.

tbdog
04-17-2018, 09:24 PM

LMA is the only post player Spurs would have and he will get his touches. Pop has really worked out LMA now. Imagine trying to double him with LMA and Leonard cutting and sealing off their man. Also Leonard would be a dominate defender having Lebron and LMA taking huge amounts of offensive pressure.

The only concern is that the roster would need to be overhauled, even if Lebron took a 10mil pay cut and take 25mil instead of 30. And players like Murray, Kyle, even to a certain extent Gay, would be poor fits. You want to put shooters out there. Players like Mills would thrive with Lebron.

objective
04-17-2018, 09:56 PM
Everyone marking this rumor as damage control from Kawhi's group is right on. I don't get how there are so many suckers to fall for it.

He's changing the narrative.

"See? He's not an injury faking, atrocious cowardly teammate QUITTER ... He just wants to play with LeBron!

Would an injury faking cowardly quitter want to play with LeBron? No, because LeBron would never play with one!

Oh, LeBron is going to Los Angeles? Aww shucks, it's unfortunate but everyone can forgive Kawhi for going to LA. He wanted to stay in San Antonio and be a good teammate, but what can he do? The Spurs need to do right by Kawhi and take Deng, Zizic and a 2020 first in return. Kawhi deserves to get to LA as soon as possible!"

Mugen
04-17-2018, 10:05 PM

I guarantee at least some of the dummies in this thread is buying it tbh :lol

offset formation
04-17-2018, 10:07 PM
The only good news if Kawhi manages to finagle his way to the Fakers is that we will rape them of their young talent minus Lonzo I presume.

I'm guessing we would have Kuzma, Ingram or Hart, Randle, and picks.

Ultimately, that's not a bad swap.

TheDoctor
04-17-2018, 10:10 PM
My sauces have revealed to me that PATFO have their eyes on a guy overseas named LeRon James who wears number 23.

:lmao I'm believing this hahahaaha

04-17-2018, 10:45 PM
The only good news if Kawhi manages to finagle his way to the Fakers is that we will rape them of their young talent minus Lonzo I presume.

Ultimately, that's not a bad swap.anything’s better than signing half your cap away to a cripple

duncan2k5
04-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Murray and Kawhi to recruit Lebron, tbh...

offset formation
04-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Murray and Kawhi to recruit Lebron, tbh...

And who is recruiting Kawhi yo stay here for less than the supermax, again?

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 11:05 PM
The focus is not the Lebron part. It’s the 180 on Kawhi not hating SA

offset formation
04-17-2018, 11:09 PM
The focus is not the Lebron part. It’s the 180 on Kawhi not hating SA

Correct. Which feels like Kawhi's team trying to get some space until the season ends. IMO, they are merely running out the clock until the attention on his absence can be quelled. I personally expect silence from his camp until he's traded, once the season ends.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 11:09 PM
What Jax said is what I’ve been saying from the get go regarding the motive. Kawhi wants and will sign the SuperMax if offered. This is all a ploy to let SA know he’s not here to take discounts. He’s injured for sure but the other stuff is him letting SA know they are on notice.

I said this a while ago and Jax just said the same thing.

DPG21920
04-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Correct. Which feels like Kawhi's team trying to get some space until the season ends. IMO, they are merely running out the clock until the attention on his absence can be quelled. I personally expect silence from his camp until he's traded, once the season ends.

Imo it’s Kawhi’s camp realizing their PR mistake and making sure to correct it since they saw the ramifications of their plan leading to Kawhi getting bashed.

Kawhi wants the max. That’s what this about.

offset formation
04-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Imo it’s Kawhi’s camp realizing their PR mistake and making sure to correct it since they saw the ramifications of their plan leading to Kawhi getting bashed.

Kawhi wants the max. That’s what this about.

Like I tell my kids all the time, if you want something, you damn well better earn it. Otherwise, don't even ask for it.

He certainly had earned it coming into this season. Not so much, since.

I'd hate to be PATFO this offseason. Assuming you are correct, they have a hell of a decision to make. I don't think I'd offer were it up to me. Too much stuff went down this year. And the question marks around his injury are too much for me to offer that kind of money. Especially when your player is a mute that let's his uncle handle his communication.

Still, if you fuck up and trade him and he balls out for another decade somewhere else, you will forever be remembered as the jackass that traded away the franchise.

Fuck Kawhi for even making it difficult, tbcfh.

coachmac87
04-18-2018, 07:08 AM
Everyone marking this rumor as damage control from Kawhi's group is right on. I don't get how there are so many suckers to fall for it.

He's changing the narrative.

"See? He's not an injury faking, atrocious cowardly teammate QUITTER ... He just wants to play with LeBron!

Would an injury faking cowardly quitter want to play with LeBron? No, because LeBron would never play with one!

Oh, LeBron is going to Los Angeles? Aww shucks, it's unfortunate but everyone can forgive Kawhi for going to LA. He wanted to stay in San Antonio and be a good teammate, but what can he do? The Spurs need to do right by Kawhi and take Deng, Zizic and a 2020 first in return. Kawhi deserves to get to LA as soon as possible!"

What about what Windhorst said???

He’s the ultimate LeBron source lol.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-18-2018, 07:16 AM
Like I tell my kids all the time, if you want something, you damn well better earn it. Otherwise, don't even ask for it.

He certainly had earned it coming into this season. Not so much, since.

I'd hate to be PATFO this offseason. Assuming you are correct, they have a hell of a decision to make. I don't think I'd offer were it up to me. Too much stuff went down this year. And the question marks around his injury are too much for me to offer that kind of money. Especially when your player is a mute that let's his uncle handle his communication.

Still, if you fuck up and trade him and he balls out for another decade somewhere else, you will forever be remembered as the jackass that traded away the franchise.

Fuck Kawhi for even making it difficult, tbcfh.

It depends on his health tbh. If he still cant wipe his ass after all this time, then we need to ship him out. Otherwise, we fukt if we trade him.

BillMc
04-18-2018, 07:26 AM
What's weird is both Jack and Carter are changing their tunes. Didn't Carter say a week or so ago, that he thought Kawhi was done in SA? Didnt' Jack blame the whole team meeting on Pop? He still says that's so, but pivots away from it being a criticism of KL by Pop.

Weird.

Wonder if Kawhi's groupies have decided its better to have a softer stance in the public eye.

But, really, who knows. I know I don't

Canyonero
04-18-2018, 08:44 AM

You forgot Anthony Davis

offset formation
04-18-2018, 09:50 AM
You forgot Anthony Davis
Lol.

Tallball.

baseline bum
04-18-2018, 10:03 AM

Ultimately, that's not a bad swap.

Randle is a free agent and would probably demand near max money to agree to a sign and trade here. No thanks.

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 10:10 AM
until Kiwi tweaks a toe and sits out the entire season.

BillMc
04-18-2018, 10:38 AM
until Kiwi tweaks a toe and sits out the entire season in another state.

FIFY

jsandiego
04-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
LeBron
Aldridge

That would be one formidable defensive lineup if we ever saw it.

Chinook
04-18-2018, 12:37 PM
green opting out is close to a necessity to making this happen tbh

Not really. Signing Lebron outright is a dump idea to start with. This isn't a Paul situation where James can make more money by signing a new deal -- trading for James and extending him gives him as much money as he'd make on a new contract.

spurraider21
04-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Not really. Signing Lebron outright is a dump idea to start with. This isn't a Paul situation where James can make more money by signing a new deal -- trading for James and extending him gives him as much money as he'd make on a new contract.
what's a viable trade scenario though? probably centered around LMA. we dont really have any young assets worth much.

101A
04-18-2018, 12:50 PM
what's a viable trade scenario though? probably centered around LMA. we dont really have any young assets worth much.

All part of the plan. Get his numbers up; check; prestige built and reputation restored. Spurs can miss the playoffs, and trade a much more valuable Aldridge in the off-season. Leonard signs Supermax & returns fully healed (been fine pretty much all season, but this was the deal Pop worked out with LMA - scratch each other's back). Everyone wins. Conspiracy can be stretched even further; package inordinately large Mills/Gasol contract with LMA to match salaries with other Supermax to partner with Kawhi. LeBron probably.

Best CIA Pop ever.

I wrote that 2 weeks ago.

04-18-2018, 12:57 PM
Not exactly newsworthy.

Everyone would want to have LeBron as a teammate, except Kyrie Irving.

04-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Besides, he has a much better chance of landing in Houston than he would in SA and that's quite a longshot.

04-18-2018, 01:02 PM

spursistan
04-18-2018, 01:02 PM
until Kiwi tweaks a toe and sits out the entire season.?

TDomination
04-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Murray
Green
Kawhi
LeBron
Aldridge

That would be one formidable defensive lineup if we ever saw it.
But knowing pop it would probably be

MILLS
FORBES
GREEN
JAMES
ALDRIDGE

And leonard off the bench that way the 2nd unit has someone to lead them

jsandiego
04-18-2018, 02:24 PM
But knowing pop it would probably be

MILLS
FORBES
GREEN
JAMES
ALDRIDGE

And leonard off the bench that way the 2nd unit has someone to lead them
:pop: "Leonard will start until he gets over himself."

DaBears
04-18-2018, 02:35 PM
This is more of a LeBron leak than Kawhi. HE wants to play with Kawhi.

As the say'in goes ' If you cant beat'em Join'em '.... I would love it for a season or 2 if LBJ joined the SPURS.

duncan2k5
04-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Lebron is coming... He isn't stupid... Him and Ben Simmons doesn't fit... He wants to play for a respected coach for once, and he knows him and Kawhi on the wings would destroy the league... Kawhi complements him more than any other star ever has... Kawhi plays MVP defense and is a knock down shooter (unlike wade), and elite scorer... Can take pressure off lebron in the 4th, AND we are STILL a better team than Philly or LA... and that's without Kawhi... By time he plays with those young teams when they get good enough to win, he will be old and lose his impact... Here we are already elite

davidbowie
04-18-2018, 06:44 PM
we're getting lebron!!!!!

RACE FOR SEIS!!!! :flag::flag::flag:

Pauleta14
04-18-2018, 07:16 PM
Shit now we know for sure Parker is posting on this forum

:lol:toast