PDA

View Full Version : Racial-Bias Education Day - May 29

SpursforSix
04-17-2018, 03:25 PM
What are you nigs gonna be up to?

Whatever it is, don't plan on pooping in the Starbucks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/starbucks-to-close-all-stores-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 03:27 PM
publicity stunt... they had to do something but this is pretty over the top and is more likely to piss off customers that dont give a shit about the story than placate the offended groups

SpursforSix
04-17-2018, 03:37 PM
publicity stunt... they had to do something but this is pretty over the top and is more likely to piss off customers that dont give a shit about the story than placate the offended groups

No doubt.

Hey look at us guys! We care!

Spurtacular
04-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Starbucks are pussies. Nobody messes up and everyone has to suffer cos they want to cater to social justice dickheads.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 03:55 PM
No doubt.

Hey look at us guys! We care!
yeah. i mean they could have still announced that they'll have company-wide implicit bias training or whatever, but shutting down all stores for a full day to do so? lol

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Starbucks are pussies. Nobody messes up and everyone has to suffer cos they want to cater to social justice dickheads.
while i agree that this is over the top, i'll defer to their business judgment. they seem to do a pretty good job at that

Spurtacular
04-17-2018, 04:03 PM
while i agree that this is over the top, i'll defer to their business judgment. they seem to do a pretty good job at that

Too Big To Fail, bro.

SpursforSix
04-17-2018, 04:07 PM
yeah. i mean they could have still announced that they'll have company-wide implicit bias training or whatever, but shutting down all stores for a full day to do so? lol

They should have done it on the down low imo and let it leak out. Imagine if there's another incident AFTER their much publicized Racial-Bias Education Day.

clambake
04-17-2018, 04:11 PM
They should have done it on the down low imo and let it leak out. Imagine if there's another incident AFTER their much publicized Racial-Bias Education Day.

how do you know the training isn't being done by aryan nation?

Spurminator
04-17-2018, 04:36 PM

I can't imagine that not announcing a day when all of your stores are closed and having it "revealed" that it was for racial sensitivity would be a preferable approach. Either way you're going to have people that think it's stupid, but here you'd also have a surprise closure unknown to customers who have made you part of their daily routine.

Better to pull the bandaid off, let people make fun for a day or so, but also let your customers know ahead of time not to show up for their morning latte.

Pavlov
04-17-2018, 04:42 PM
yeah. i mean they could have still announced that they'll have company-wide implicit bias training or whatever, but shutting down all stores for a full day to do so? lolNot a full day tbh.

Nathan89
04-17-2018, 04:44 PM
This is what happens when you keep caving to the demands of sjw idiots. Just tell them they are idiots and someday we'll be better off for it.

Pavlov
04-17-2018, 04:49 PM
This is what happens when you keep caving to the demands of sjw idiots. Just tell them they are idiots and someday we'll be better off for it.Yeah, Schultz is really hurting compared to you.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Not a full day tbh.
ah, didnt catch that

SpursforSix
04-17-2018, 04:57 PM
how do you know the training isn't being done by aryan nation?

I actually don't know that. That'd be a weird shtick though.

SpursforSix
04-17-2018, 04:59 PM
I can't imagine that not announcing a day when all of your stores are closed and having it "revealed" that it was for racial sensitivity would be a preferable approach. Either way you're going to have people that think it's stupid, but here you'd also have a surprise closure unknown to customers who have made you part of their daily routine.

Better to pull the bandaid off, let people make fun for a day or so, but also let your customers know ahead of time not to show up for their morning latte.

No...I wasn't suggesting they do the store closing on the down low. Just the training.
And how the fuck do they expect to train everyone in one day. Are the managers the trainers? So all the managers have to get trained first?
Or is it going to be on the web?

It's all bullshit anyway.

Spurminator
04-17-2018, 05:14 PM
No...I wasn't suggesting they do the store closing on the down low. Just the training.
And how the fuck do they expect to train everyone in one day. Are the managers the trainers? So all the managers have to get trained first?

I imagine some kind of web conference. The dedicated day is the PR aspect. In reality I expect something as toothless as those HR videos people do to train on sexual harassment in the workplace type stuff.

AaronY
04-17-2018, 05:20 PM
What are you nigs gonna be up to?

Whatever it is, don't plan on pooping in the Starbucks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/starbucks-to-close-all-stores-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html
:rollin:rollin

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 05:22 PM

You have some third party HR company administer the training. Our office had a sexual harassment training session a couple of weeks ago. 2 women from some third party company basically gave a 75 minute presentation, along with some participation activities, and that was it. And Starbucks will probably have some video based webinar

i don’t think the logistics are the biggest issue.

cantthinkofanything
04-17-2018, 06:07 PM
You have some third party HR company administer the training. Our office had a sexual harassment training session a couple of weeks ago. 2 women from some third party company basically gave a 75 minute presentation, along with some participation activities, and that was it. And Starbucks will probably have some video based webinar

i don’t think the logistics are the biggest issue.

No...I agree as to what the bigger issue is.
SFS

Chucho
04-18-2018, 01:29 PM
LOL, worried about 1st world privilege and feelings when they so abhorrently evil to their coffee growers. LOL.

Chris
04-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Southpark will have fun with this shit.

Blake
04-18-2018, 02:07 PM
Southpark will have fun with this shit.

You watch Southpark?

AaronY
04-18-2018, 04:15 PM
You watch Southpark?
He started when they announced they are Republicans at that thing recently which was probably a goof to fuck with that movie awards audience

Chris
04-18-2018, 04:38 PM
He started when they announced they are Republicans at that thing recently which was probably a goof to fuck with that movie awards audience

I started at Season 1 dummy. Still have first 3 seasons on VHS.

Blake
04-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Lol what was the reason for you trying to boycott Disney?

AaronY
04-18-2018, 05:52 PM

phew you dodged a bullet then. imagine if they had turned out to be libtards

Chris
04-18-2018, 05:57 PM
phew you dodged a bullet then. imagine if they had turned out to be libtards

Yeah because I see the world as black and white like you do.

Spurminator
04-18-2018, 06:07 PM
I always wondered why Chris takes such a beating here and keeps coming back for more, now it all makes sense.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufjqFAkGK8LC0bm/giphy.gif

Blake
04-18-2018, 07:56 PM
But Disney

Nathan89
04-18-2018, 08:46 PM
They could just get rid of the code on the restroom door if it's not just for customers.

DMX7
04-18-2018, 08:51 PM
or they could enforce the rules consistently and equally.... but the guys in Philly should have left and by confronting the police over it they were almost literally asking to be arrested. It's like they wanted to be Starbucks martyrs. There's real racism in much more meaningful places in America. This is just a dumb distraction and shouldn't be a rallying cause IMO.

Nathan89
04-18-2018, 09:08 PM
or they could enforce the rules consistently and equally.... What happened in Philly wouldn't be all that bad to me if we knew that all races were having the rules enforced upon them equally.

I've seen people(claiming to be white) on other forums claiming it has also happened to them. It's going to continue to happen (not just to black people) if they have a person controlling who gets to enter. Women especially pretty women will get greater access. Old people might get some favoritism. After this the pendulum might swing in favor of black people to get greater access. I mean they are giving out free coffee for being black. As long as someone is controlling the code some demo will get treated worse even if it's a slight difference. Also every time a black person asks and gets denied you'll get a huge scene going forward.

Nathan89
04-18-2018, 09:23 PM
The unconscious-bias industry is a font of bad ideas. It diminishes personal responsibility, renders well-meaning, guilt-stricken Americans vulnerable to baseless ideological re-education, and empowers a corporate and academic elite that is by this point inexcusably rebuking Americans for made-up sins.

The correlation between implicit bias and discriminatory behavior appears weaker than previously thought. They also conclude that there is very little evidence that changes in implicit bias have anything to do with changes in a person’s behavior. These findings, they write, “produce a challenge for this area of research.”

“Everyone agrees that the statistical effect linking bias to behavior is slight. They only disagree about how slight.”

A pile of scholarly work, some of it published in top psychology journals and most of it ignored by the media, suggests that the IAT falls far short of the quality-control standards normally expected of psychological instruments. The IAT, this research suggests, is a noisy, unreliable measure that correlates far too weakly with any real-world outcomes to be used to predict individuals’ behavior — even the test’s creators have now admitted as such.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/the-dark-side-of-the-starbucks-stand-down/

Just quotes relevant to the ineffective brainwash session Starbucks will be giving their employees. Read the article to get a complete picture.

Nathan89
04-18-2018, 09:24 PM
.Starbucks is a private company, and as such it has a right to make this mistake. It can shutter its stores for a day and re-educate its employees. But to the extent it’s teaching them about unconscious bias, it’s teaching nonsense, and when it comes to the fraught issue of American race relations, nonsense always inflicts a measure of harm.

Here is another from the article. Starbucks is a shitshow.:lol

Blake
04-19-2018, 11:18 AM

Disney is evil and subliminally perverting our children. I hope you don't watch that garbage.

Blake
04-19-2018, 11:24 AM
So to recap:

To Chris this is good and owns it on tape:

I
https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufjqFAkGK8LC0bm/giphy.gif

But this is subliminally perverting our children:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/a/a1/The_Incredibles_-_Family_Poster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160207140812