PDA

View Full Version : Spurs won’t trade Leonard?

Budkin
04-17-2018, 07:16 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-arent-signaling-theyll-trade-kawhi-leonard-per-report

Make of it what you will...

Arcadian
04-17-2018, 07:19 PM
Good.

spurraider21
04-17-2018, 07:20 PM
good. the only realistic path to competing is through kawhi.

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Marc Stein :lol

He's like Toronto Hakeem at this point of his career. It's just been downhill since he got let go from ESPN

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 07:35 PM
Thought so. Heck spurfan was calling me stupid and naive to that I say pwhaaaaaaa
:lmao Keep on trolling my guys

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 07:37 PM
spurfan
Who?

SAGirl
04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Who?
More like spur troll right?

YGWHI
04-17-2018, 07:40 PM
More like spur troll right?
Exactly :tu

dabom
04-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Thought so. Heck spurfan was calling me stupid and naive to that I say pwhaaaaaaa
:lmao Keep on trolling my guys

Fathead fluffers. :lmao

K...
04-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Can't trade a player who medically retires obviously

dbestpro
04-17-2018, 08:03 PM
His trade value just went up.

testies
04-17-2018, 08:04 PM
I would trade him to the Nets

Slippy
04-17-2018, 08:09 PM
His trade value just went up.

Ya this doesnt hurt his trade value

offset formation
04-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Not sure this article matches the headline.

It says they are signaling they don't want to trade him but that a trade has to be considered just as likely.

Sooo, it sounds like either one or both might still push a trade.

1. Does Kawhi want to stay if not offered supermax?
2. Do Spurs want to offer supermax given this season and injury concerns?
3. Are Spurs fed up with Kawhi's "group?"
4. Is Kawhi pissed that Spurs didn't have his back as some reports suggest?

Again, I'm not sure this means anything other than the Spurs would like to try to make it work still but that it could still devolve into a trade scenario if one or both sides can't come to an understanding.

tholdren
04-17-2018, 08:12 PM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-arent-signaling-theyll-trade-kawhi-leonard-per-report

Make of it what you will...

Did you read it?

Budkin
04-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Did you read it?

Yeah I took it with a grain of salt.

Budkin
04-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Aaand the link appears to be dead now... :wakeup

K...
04-17-2018, 09:09 PM
Maybe another damage control leak....as in, " hey if the spurs don't want him, he just be cripple or something "

Imho spur talk after season get temp. Then proceed to offer max, or trade.

UZER
04-17-2018, 09:42 PM
They need to try to mend this. Pop throwing shady darts is not helping the situation.

NASpurs
04-17-2018, 09:44 PM

:lol always a positive sign

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2018, 09:50 PM

What'd it say give or take that said Spurs aren't trading KL?

offset formation
04-17-2018, 09:53 PM
They need to try to mend this. Pop throwing shady darts is not helping the situation.

I think Pop is pissed about his communication or lack thereof. And having to go through intermediaries just to properly get the update on him.

Frankly, I dont blame Pop for being pissed. I would be were I in his spot.

UZER
04-17-2018, 10:04 PM
I think Pop is pissed about his communication or lack thereof. And having to go through intermediaries just to properly get the update on him.

Frankly, I dont blame Pop for being pissed. I would be were I in his spot.

I dont blame him either. He has every right to be pissed. Kawhi is not blameless. But he needs to be the bigger man here. The future of the Spurs is at stake.

I’ve said in other threads, he’s already got one foot out the door anyway. He’s got 5 rings, coach of the year awards, etc. No need to keep taking shots at Kawhi. He’s made his point. Just leave it at that. If he gets asked again about Kawhi he should just say “we love Kawhi and everything he’s brought to this franchise. I have no further comments on his injury right now.”

offset formation
04-17-2018, 10:10 PM
I dont blame him either. He has every right to be pissed. Kawhi is not blameless. But he needs to be the bigger man here. The future of the Spurs is at stake.

I’ve said in other threads, he’s already got one foot out the door anyway. He’s got 5 rings, coach of the year awards, etc. No need to keep taking shots at Kawhi. He’s made his point. Just leave it at that. If he gets asked again about Kawhi he should just say “we love Kawhi and everything he’s brought to this franchise. I have no further comments on his injury right now.”

Agree completely.

spursistan
04-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Marc Stein :lol

He's like Toronto Hakeem at this point of his career. It's just been downhill since he got let go from ESPN
Can't remember coming across a relevant tweet from Stein this season. He was never in Woj/Shams league, but damn he's fallen off a cliff since he left ESPN..

He is literally like another twitter nobody with legacy followers :lol..

Slippy
04-18-2018, 12:01 AM

So you dont think a cool 19mill is enough reason for Kawhi to be the biggger person. You gotta look at flipside of that argument

Stabula
04-18-2018, 12:09 AM
Yeah link is dead, I got recommended a page about naked homeless people having sex under a bridge

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 08:41 AM
What'd it say give or take that said Spurs aren't trading KL?
I recall it stating that a "well placed" insider gave indications the Spurs weren't looking to trade him. It then speculated that despite that indication a trade wasn't out of the picture and was still a possibility.

MoSpur02
04-18-2018, 09:16 AM
The bottom line is the Spurs (POP & R.C) will talk with Kawhi to discuss his future here. First thing that has to happen is Kawhi needs to get healthy. This "injury" if true could be an on-going thing. I don't think the Spurs will commit $217 or whatever amount it is to someone who has a chronic injury. I am sure Pop loves Kawhi, but it obviously disappointed with how this whole thing is being handled. Pop will see where Kawhi and "his group" stand and go from there.

UZER
04-18-2018, 09:40 AM
The bottom line is the Spurs (POP & R.C) will talk with Kawhi to discuss his future here. First thing that has to happen is Kawhi needs to get healthy. This "injury" if true could be an on-going thing. I don't think the Spurs will commit $217 or whatever amount it is to someone who has a chronic injury. I am sure Pop loves Kawhi, but it obviously disappointed with how this whole thing is being handled. Pop will see where Kawhi and "his group" stand and go from there.

Which is why, like I said, Pop just needs to chill with the coded shots, and take the high road now. There is nothing to be gained at this poiint with “talk to kawhi’s group”. It’s only adding fuel to the fire.

Tony, Manu and Pop have each said their piece. Leave it at that until the offseason.

“We love Kawhi and what he means to this franchise. I have no further comment on his injury.”

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2018, 09:55 AM
I recall it stating that a "well placed" insider gave indications the Spurs weren't looking to trade him. It then speculated that despite that indication a trade wasn't out of the picture and was still a possibility.

:lol so essentially it said nothing :tu

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 10:04 AM
:lol so essentially it said nothing :tu
there were no statements quoted from anyone. There is nothing new after Pop's last statement.

The only thing that really stood out because IMO went counter to all the recent media coming out was that it definitely affirmed a well placed source said the Spurs weren't looking to trade him... the rest was speculation by the author. I am guessing "the well placed source" didn't like the way the article was written and objected. It's weird that it was deleted.

lmbebo
04-18-2018, 10:27 AM
http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/spurs-arent-signaling-theyll-trade-kawhi-leonard-per-report

DaBears
04-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Truth of the matter is this... Players of all caliber want 2 things, 1st they want to play for a winning organization ( like said SPURS, no one ever said i want to go play for the SUNS or PELICANS ) & 2nd players want to get paid.

SPURS check both of those Boxes...... Playing time & Coaches are a close 3rd & 4th on reasons for choosing a local to call home. SPURS have those boxes check as well.. City in itself is not really a hot spot i wouldnt think, since a play can afford to travel plenty if getting paid..

So Kiwi leaving wouldn't make much sense to me...

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 10:52 AM
If they trade him this summer it does not make any sense. He does not have high value right now. Teams are going to be very hesitant to give you much for him not knowing the status of his health. You can’t just gamble he will be healthy all year and give up a bunch of draft picks a good players. It makes complete sense for them to hang onto him and force him to play next year. What other choice will he have? He will be a free agent at the end of the year. He has to play.

DaBears
04-18-2018, 10:56 AM
If they trade him this summer it does not make any sense. He does not have high value right now. Teams are going to be very hesitant to give you much for him not knowing the status of his health. You can’t just gamble he will be healthy all year and give up a bunch of draft picks a good players. It makes complete sense for them to hang onto him and force him to play next year. What other choice will he have? He will be a free agent at the end of the year. He has to play.

Right!! he would essentially be a rental, for any team willing to trade for him. If i were a GM i wouldn't trade any of my franchise players unless i was getting assurance he would sign a extension with my team.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Right!! he would essentially be a rental, for any team willing to trade for him. If i were a GM i wouldn't trade any of my franchise players unless i was getting assurance he would sign a extension with my team.

Well if it is a place, he wants to go to his agent or uncle May give them that assurance. However they have no assurances that he will be healthy and ready to play. He sat out basically the entire season with this mysterious quad injury. It’s a very risky proposition to give up significant value for him. And the Spurs would be foolish to allow themselves to get lowballed. Just hold onto him. Make him play next year. What’s he going to do sit out Another season?

offset formation
04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Well if it is a place, he wants to go to his agent or uncle May give them that assurance. However they have no assurances that he will be healthy and ready to play. He sat out basically the entire season with this mysterious quad injury. It’s a very risky proposition to give up significant value for him. And the Spurs would be foolish to allow themselves to get lowballed. Just hold onto him. Make him play next year. What’s he going to do sit out Another season?

Ow, my balls!

exstatic
04-18-2018, 04:14 PM

Teams will form a line out the door to bid for him. Don't think otherwise. We may not get full value, but 85 cents on the dollar would be a haul. There's no such thing as low balling when there are that many teams. Someone always geeks, and then the bidding war is on.

tholdren
04-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Trade

exstatic
04-18-2018, 04:15 PM
Truth of the matter is this... Players of all caliber want 2 things, 1st they want to play for a winning organization ( like said SPURS, no one ever said i want to go play for the SUNS or PELICANS ) & 2nd players want to get paid.

SPURS check both of those Boxes...... Playing time & Coaches are a close 3rd & 4th on reasons for choosing a local to call home. SPURS have those boxes check as well.. City in itself is not really a hot spot i wouldnt think, since a play can afford to travel plenty if getting paid..

So Kiwi leaving wouldn't make much sense to me...

Spurs won't give him a chance to walk.

exstatic
04-18-2018, 04:16 PM

To win big, you have to bet big. Someone will.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 04:24 PM
Teams will form a line out the door to bid for him. Don't think otherwise. We may not get full value, but 85 cents on the dollar would be a haul. There's no such thing as low balling when there are that many teams. Someone always geeks, and then the bidding war is on.

Do you have a theory on why he even wants out in the first place? Because if I am a general manager I am really scratching my head on this one. The Spurs are the model franchise in many ways in the NBA. Great management, a great coach, a great history of taking care of their players. And this guy blows off the season and just wants out of there. There are a lot of red flags to consider. It’s not to me as simple as saying, well he’s really talented fuck it let’s gamble.. it is not like Kyrie Irving who wasn’t happy but still played his ass off all season and in the finals, and then asked to be traded in the off-season. This clown has not even played all year. And he’s blowing off the team now. Something really really smells like shit here. I get what you are saying about teams wanting to take a risk in order to win big. However once you give him all of that guaranteed money, he can do whatever the hell he pleases. If he wants to blow off another season for no good reason he can do it. Hell he basically stole $19 million this season.

tholdren
04-18-2018, 04:32 PM
I told you all.... not max player

Clipper Nation
04-18-2018, 04:38 PM
To win big, you have to bet big. Someone will.
There's betting big and then there's stupidity. Trading all your assets for Kawhi without any guarantee that he'll ever be the same player is stupidity.

tholdren
04-18-2018, 04:46 PM
There's betting big and then there's stupidity. Trading all your assets for Kawhi without any guarantee that he'll ever be the same player is stupidity.

He was always a hyped durbeta

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 05:24 PM

Exactly. It’s not like he’s playing for the Charlotte Bobcats here. This is the Spurs. They have a winning tradition. They are a class organization. They take care of their players. It seems he has basically been a straight up diva. Lots of red flags.

exstatic
04-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Do you have a theory on why he even wants out in the first place? Because if I am a general manager I am really scratching my head on this one. The Spurs are the model franchise in many ways in the NBA. Great management, a great coach, a great history of taking care of their players. And this guy blows off the season and just wants out of there. There are a lot of red flags to consider. It’s not to me as simple as saying, well he’s really talented fuck it let’s gamble.. it is not like Kyrie Irving who wasn’t happy but still played his ass off all season and in the finals, and then asked to be traded in the off-season. This clown has not even played all year. And he’s blowing off the team now. Something really really smells like shit here. I get what you are saying about teams wanting to take a risk in order to win big. However once you give him all of that guaranteed money, he can do whatever the hell he pleases. If he wants to blow off another season for no good reason he can do it. Hell he basically stole $19 million this season.

My theory is that Kawhi isn't calling the shots. He's being "other directed". The person calling the shots, likely the uncle, new agent, or both, doesn't care about the organization.

exstatic
04-18-2018, 05:30 PM

He's going to lose about $35M in guaranteed money (SuperMax) when traded. If he walks from that team, another $40M comes off the top. He has incentive to stay where traded, especially if it's a good team. The "young talented" Laker team was 12 games worse than LMA + excrement. You'd have to be a masochist to want that.

benefactor
04-18-2018, 05:41 PM
He's played his last game as a Spur tbh

Spur|n|Austin
04-18-2018, 05:45 PM
He's played his last game as a Spur tbh

Back on 01/13, what a shit show smh

duncan2k5
04-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Sitting here with the "I told you so", face...

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 06:02 PM
My theory is that Kawhi isn't calling the shots. He's being "other directed". The person calling the shots, likely the uncle, new agent, or both, doesn't care about the organization.

And his advice was to "Lay down and die" Feels like he is praying nobody holds this against him.

duncan2k5
04-18-2018, 06:06 PM

So ur saying Kawhi worked his ass off to be a top 3 player just to sit out the rest of his NBA career and collect money? He doesn't care about winning or legacy? Yeah... Sure... Lol

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 06:16 PM
So ur saying Kawhi worked his ass off to be a top 3 player just to sit out the rest of his NBA career and collect money? He doesn't care about winning or legacy? Yeah... Sure... Lol

Didn't give a fuck this season. Am i supposed to believe he will magically heal up, and be kicking ass again in SA?