PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen: "I've never seen a superstar player not want to carry his team."

Spurtacular
04-17-2018, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehXVGYRv58

Spurtacular
04-17-2018, 11:39 PM
Phil Jackson, the Bulls' coach, designed a play in which Pippen took the ball out of bands at midcourt and Toni Kukoc would take the last shot at the top of the circle.

According to Andrea Kramer, an ESPN reporter, who was beside the Bulls' bench at this time with a cameraman, quoted Pippen as issuing and expletive and then saying, "I'm tired of this." And Pippen then sat down.

--
Sat out on purpose, healthy.... in a playoff game.

Yup. Superstar mad he wasn't given the opportunity to carry his team.

SpurPadre
04-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Yup. Superstar mad he wasn't given the opportunity to carry his team.

And he at least stayed on the bench instead of flying to NY like a certain bitch made player.

Kawhitstorm
04-18-2018, 12:30 AM
Phil Jackson, the Bulls' coach, designed a play in which Pippen took the ball out of bands at midcourt and Toni Kukoc would take the last shot at the top of the circle.

According to Andrea Kramer, an ESPN reporter, who was beside the Bulls' bench at this time with a cameraman, quoted Pippen as issuing and expletive and then saying, "I'm tired of this." And Pippen then sat down.

--
Sat out on purpose, healthy.... in a playoff game.

http://bestanimations.com/Military/Explosions/Explode-05-june.gif

gospursgojas
04-18-2018, 02:43 AM
"I took a seat," Pippen said.
Simple and selfish. He took a seat.
There was a game to win. And he took a seat.
Why is not completely clear. Why does not completely matter.
All that matters is Pippen was not in the game. By choice. At the end. When it counted.
This is not a leader. This is a sulker.
The reason may be jealousy, or frustration, or irritation. Pippen said it was a misunderstanding. Toni Kukoc said it was a fat lip-Pippen's, not his. Jackson said it was a favor. Pippen asked out. Pippen was left out.
All that matters is Pippen was not there.
Win without me, Pippen said, and so the Bulls did. They won because Kukoc, like a moth that grew a spine, hit a shot that stopped one of the great chokes of all time.
He may still not have a clue about defense, but Kukoc apparently does know the Heimlich.
Kukoc took the shot. Pippen took a seat.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1994-05-15/sports/9405150144_1_scottie-pippen-toni-kukoc-knicks

Isn’t this proving that Scottie wanted to be the man? Opposed to Kawhi not even wanting to be in the building?

What point are you trying to make?

dbreiden83080
04-18-2018, 04:35 AM
Yeah he was pissed off about not being the man in that spot. He did not handle it well, but at least he wanted it. KL is hiding in NY..

r0drig0lac
04-18-2018, 06:26 AM
Isn’t this proving that Scottie wanted to be the man? Opposed to Kawhi not even wanting to be in the building?

SAGirl
04-18-2018, 09:42 AM

seems like no point. that is not even relevant or the same.

callo1
04-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Not going to make any judgements on Kawhi before all of the information is in. As a fan of both the Spurs and Kawhi, am I disappointed that he isn't playing. ..certainly, but I refuse to be part of this social media society that crucifies people before all of the facts are in.

Kawhi may be in NY doing everything possible to make it back to the team. Kawhi is a very quiet and private person.

I have been in a situation where a doctor has said I was fine, but yet I continued to be in severe pain. Kawhi knows his body the best.

I wish he would give more information about his situation, but beyond that, I will wait patiently to get the information.

Many people here do not remember how much more private TD used to be compared to how private he still is.

I remember when TD was going to Orlando to listen to their offers after his rookie contact expired.

When TD finally said he was coming back to SA, he told the media something like he was glad he didn't have to have media following him around asking him the same damn question over and over.

Kawhi has been nothing but professional since day one. Never too full of himself to turn down Summer League. His work ethic has been superb.

Not going to make assumptions. ..that is just silly.

duncan2k5
04-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Not going to make any judgements on Kawhi before all of the information is in. As a fan of both the Spurs and Kawhi, am I disappointed that he isn't playing. ..certainly, but I refuse to be part of this social media society that crucifies people before all of the facts are in.

Kawhi may be in NY doing everything possible to make it back to the team. Kawhi is a very quiet and private person.

I have been in a situation where a doctor has said I was fine, but yet I continued to be in severe pain. Kawhi knows his body the best.

I wish he would give more information about his situation, but beyond that, I will wait patiently to get the information.

Many people here do not remember how much more private TD used to be compared to how private he still is.

I remember when TD was going to Orlando to listen to their offers after his rookie contact expired.

When TD finally said he was coming back to SA, he told the media something like he was glad he didn't have to have media following him around asking him the same damn question over and over.

Kawhi has been nothing but professional since day one. Never too full of himself to turn down Summer League. His work ethic has been superb.

Not going to make assumptions. ..that is just silly.

Exactly... I too have been cleared to work after an injury, and I'm still not good to this day... Get better Kawhi

Keepin' it real
04-18-2018, 06:33 PM

Trying to be Barbara Walters.

Pauleta14
04-18-2018, 07:24 PM

:lol

SupremeGuy
04-18-2018, 07:31 PM

What point are you trying to make?Logic escapes some people.

bklynspursfan
04-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Maybe Kawhi & his group aren't in NYC, but in Arkansas?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-19-2018, 04:45 PM
Yeah he was pissed off about not being the man in that spot. He did not handle it well, but at least he wanted it. KL is hiding in NY..

If Pippen had been playing for me I'd of traded his sorry ass the next day.

tholdren
04-19-2018, 05:26 PM
seems like no point. that is not even relevant or the same.

Typically how st operates

daslicer
04-19-2018, 05:28 PM
He bailed on the team. You don't think Kawhi wants to be the man?

What Scottie did at the time was immature but as a man he did apologize to his bulls teammates. He felt remorseful for what he did and was genuine about it and his teammates forgave him. You will never see that type of outreach from Kawhi.

YGWHI
04-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Well, it seemed like some media guys didn't "love" Pippen's comments either.

elemento
04-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Says the ultimate robin :lol

dbreiden83080
04-20-2018, 04:37 AM
If Pippen had been playing for me I'd of traded his sorry ass the next day.

You would have lost out on 3 rings..

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-20-2018, 10:36 AM
You would have lost out on 3 rings..

We don’t know that. Pippen didn’t win anything away from MJ. He was a bandwagon superstar and I wouldn’t have put up with a player potentially ruining my end of game strategy to be a princess and pull himself out of the game like that.

baseline bum
04-20-2018, 10:39 AM
We don’t know that. Pippen didn’t win anything away from MJ. He was a bandwagon superstar and I wouldn’t have put up with a player potentially ruining my end of game strategy to be a princess and pull himself out of the game like that.

I think Pippen redeemed himself for that with the way he played through his back being totally fucked in Game 6 of the 98 Finals.

daslicer
04-20-2018, 12:33 PM

He was past his prime when he left the bulls. Despite that he came close to winning it all in 2000. If it was't for the corrupt refs in game 7 against Lakers Pippen would have won a championship.

dbreiden83080
04-20-2018, 12:53 PM

What is Michael Jordan’s record in the playoffs before Scottie showed up? He needed not just a running mate but the right kind of running mate. Someone like Russell Westbrook and they never would’ve won anything together. Scottie was not ball dominant. He was a great defensive player. He could do a little bit of everything. He was the perfect teammate for Michael Jordan who needed to shoot a lot.. Its tough to find that perfect running mate when you want to average 30 points a game. Jordan always wanted to average 30 points a game. He took a lot of pride leading the league in scoring every year.

Clipper Nation
04-20-2018, 12:57 PM
:lol Pippen won more without MJ than MJ ever won without him. Pippen was a rigged Game 7 away from a championship in Portland.

cd98
04-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Says the ultimate robin :lol

Anyone that played with Jordan would have been a Robin. Not his fault he played with the greatest ever and that doesn't make him less of a great player.

elemento
04-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Anyone that played with Jordan would have been a Robin. Not his fault he played with the greatest ever and that doesn't make him less of a great player.

That's exactly why he is not the right person to call Leonard out. Pippen could have chosen to leave the Bulls, be a star somewhere else and create his own legacy.

I could dig someone like MJ or Bird saying it. Not Pippen though.

cd98
04-20-2018, 01:53 PM
That's exactly why he is not the right person to call Leonard out. Pippen could have chosen to leave the Bulls, be a star somewhere else and create his own legacy.

I could dig someone like MJ or Bird saying it. Not Pippen though.

So wait, he gets there and they start contending for titles and he should leave so he can be the man? I don't get that. Pippen was a superstar and he carried the team as much as Michael did. He didn't score as many points, but he guarded the best player on the other team and ran the offense. He was the point guard. He was an all-around player and a leader on that team. To act like he wasn't a superstar on that team would be to say Dwayne Wade wasn't a superstar because he played with LeBron or that Durrant isn't a superstar because he plays with Curry.

elemento
04-20-2018, 05:25 PM
So wait, he gets there and they start contending for titles and he should leave so he can be the man? I don't get that. Pippen was a superstar and he carried the team as much as Michael did. He didn't score as many points, but he guarded the best player on the other team and ran the offense. He was the point guard. He was an all-around player and a leader on that team. To act like he wasn't a superstar on that team would be to say Dwayne Wade wasn't a superstar because he played with LeBron or that Durrant isn't a superstar because he plays with Curry.

Oh no he didn't. He was amazing, but not MJ amazing. I never questioned his skils or Pippen as player, but he lacked the killer instinct of a superstar to "carry his team" as he said. That's why I don't get why he is questioning Leonard. Pippen himself was a superstar that never had the balls and the heart to carry his team. Tony Kukoc had more balls than Pippen in clutch moments tbh. And you can't compare Curry or Wade with Pippen. Wade and Curry won titles carrying their teams without KD and Lebron. Wade did it in 06 and Curry did it in 15. What did Pippen win without MJ ? Nothing. Couldn't even sniff a NBA Final.

That's so true that after MJ's retirement in 98 he went to the Rockets to join Hakeem and Barkley and became the 3rd option offensively. Barkley averaged 23 points and 14 rebounds @ 58%TS in the playoffs while Pippen had 18ppg/12rpg @ 44%TS. MJ would never get trashed like that in the playoffs. Notice that Barkley was 35 y/o at the time and Pippen was 33.

Look, Pippen was a great player, but he is not the right guy to say "I've never seen a superstar not want to carry his team". He should have looked in the mirror first tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2018, 12:33 AM
:lol Pippen won more without MJ than MJ ever won without him. Pippen was a rigged Game 7 away from a championship in Portland.

Yes, Pippen was the superior talent I suppose.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2018, 12:37 AM
What is Michael Jordan’s record in the playoffs before Scottie showed up? He needed not just a running mate but the right kind of running mate. Someone like Russell Westbrook and they never would’ve won anything together. Scottie was not ball dominant. He was a great defensive player. He could do a little bit of everything. He was the perfect teammate for Michael Jordan who needed to shoot a lot.. Its tough to find that perfect running mate when you want to average 30 points a game. Jordan always wanted to average 30 points a game. He took a lot of pride leading the league in scoring every year.

So, Pippen, was a great system player essentially. He fit into Michael’s system.

I guess my thought on Pippen was that he was a very good...extremely good, role player, but when he gets included on a top 50 all-time list I always cringe because he wasn’t that. Michael made him great.

The right player for the right role.

Ice009
04-21-2018, 12:41 AM
So, Pippen, was a great system player essentially. He fit into Michael’s system.

I guess my thought on Pippen was that he was a very good...extremely good, role player, but when he gets included on a top 50 all-time list I always cringe because he wasn’t that. Michael made him great.

Pippen wasn't a role player. They were close to making the finals the year after MJ retired (If they beat the Knicks, I'm pretty sure they would have managed to get to the finals). If Pippen was just a role player, the Bulls wouldn't have still been good even without MJ.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2018, 12:50 AM
I guess I was never on the Pippen bandwagon even when he was playing.

ceds
04-21-2018, 12:52 AM
Pippen wasn't a role player. They were close to making the finals the year after MJ retired (If they beat the Knicks, I'm pretty sure they would have managed to get to the finals). If Pippen was just a role player, the Bulls wouldn't have still been good even without MJ.

Agreed he showed he could carry a team as a franchise guy the year MJ retired.

i also think in the early years michael demanded / forced him to take his game to another level.

He is arguably the best perimeter defender ever & a true point forward

dbreiden83080
04-21-2018, 09:17 AM

He did fit into the system well but I think you missed the broad scope of the point. Without him fitting perfectly into that system and being so well-rounded Jordan is not winning all of those championships. He might get one or two. He’s never getting six. Because he was a selfish offensive player and wanted to score all the time.

lefty
04-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Jordan and Pippen are both POS faggots who got carried by Stern

And Kukoc was sooooooo underrated

tholdren
04-21-2018, 11:28 PM
Jordan and Pippen are both POS faggots who got carried by Stern

And Kukoc was sooooooo underrated

Maybe. But kl was gifted fmvp, and flamed out worse than gilbert arenas